Battlefield 3 - Page 180 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5371 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I always thought it was solid tactic to cap the farthest point from your spawn in CQ when enemy team has all the flags. Not sure why you would look down on this Roto, if enemy team has all your flags doesn't make sense to fight over one and lose tickets from bleed as well as deaths. Most likely they will be pushing up in your spawn anyway and then you can eventually hit em from both sides.

XBL : lowgn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5372 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

I always thought it was solid tactic to cap the farthest point from your spawn in CQ when enemy team has all the flags. Not sure why you would look down on this Roto, if enemy team has all your flags doesn't make sense to fight over one and lose tickets from bleed as well as deaths. Most likely they will be pushing up in your spawn anyway and then you can eventually hit em from both sides.

Please read my post(s) again.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
post #5373 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
horriable game after the update. Should have not played altogether.
post #5374 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

update? You mean the dashboard update or a patch or something?
post #5375 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

Can you expand on that?

post #5376 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Well if you don't want anyone to be able to do much lone wolfing you should play Rush mode since you can't consistantly win unless your playing in a squad.

Haven't played assault but seems like a scenario that comes up every now and again in normal conquest. And in conquest, the one person either holding the right objective, or taking the right one can change the game since it provides a spawn point for your entire team.

About to jump on to practice flying so will lookout for any changes, I thought we aren't getting anything until next week though?

post #5377 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I get what you are saying roto and its pretty true with the 24 player cap. But i think you are classifying it wrong. Being forced on rails to come head to head with no other choices isn't teamwork. It makes the game play better when your team isn't playing together, but that isn't teamwork. I think rush mode allows you to get that COD fix but in the BF environment. CQ or CQ-A is more of the BF fix in the BF environment. My 2 cents.
One thing that was a gamechanger in BF2 was that you could only spawn on your squad leader. You basically put whoever was the "slickest" as your leader because he would sneak out of firefights etc and stay alive. The newer squad system doesn't necessarily promote teamwork but it molds console players into (bad word) "fake" teamplay. If the team max is 12, there should be no more than 4 squads. Make people play towards the objective (rush-esq).

and lowgn. I'm gonna take your magic wand outa your hand and stab you with it if you don't get off skyrim and come play with me. That is all.
Of course only saying that because i don't have it yet =(
post #5378 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

1st video done. Like I said, I'll try to add some notes to it later on.
post #5379 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoman View Post

Can you expand on that?

Not sure if it was the BF3 or dashboard update but tt was laggie, hit detection sucked, and people dropping out of the game and party.
post #5380 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
i thought there was no BF3 update until next week and the Dashboard update was delayed was it not?

Edit: Looks like the Dashboard update is live now

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #5381 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

i thought there was no BF3 update until next week and the Dashboard update was delayed was it not?

Edit: Looks like the Dashboard update is live now

I got the dashboard update last night and xbox live was down. So I ended up playing the campaign. I'm guessing the lag issues were probably related to that.

post #5382 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I got the dashboard update last night and xbox live was down. So I ended up playing the campaign. I'm guessing the lag issues were probably related to that.

yeah lots of posts on gamefaqs about this issue, too. Scared!
post #5383 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't think the lag is cause of new dashboard had it for a few weeks now from preview, maybe something with the server updates DICE has been doing for BTK?

I do feel like I waited way to long to start flying, really tough to get anything going cause pretty much all you got is main cannons and are outclassed by every other jet/heli. Oh well will keep grinding it out, maybe rush would be better for me since less to worry about, just have to hope I get a pilot on the other team worse than me ha

post #5384 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't think the lag is cause of new dashboard had it for a few weeks now from preview, maybe something with the server updates DICE has been doing for BTK?

I do feel like I waited way to long to start flying, really tough to get anything going cause pretty much all you got is main cannons and are outclassed by every other jet/heli. Oh well will keep grinding it out, maybe rush would be better for me since less to worry about, just have to hope I get a pilot on the other team worse than me ha

learn to fly - conquest

learn to shoot - rush

The cannon in the jet is only good against other jets (and choppers) in conquest, which does put you at a severe disadvantage. The cannon in rush is good against other jets, choppers, AND land vehicles.

Honestly, all you need right is guns and flares. Air radar is great, too, once you get it. Till then, run stealth.
post #5385 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 61
Quote:

I was able to get my disc to work for a few games after the update and live was fine for me but the hit detection was the worst I've seen it. I figured it was just the live issues.
post #5386 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 01:18 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

learn to fly - conquest

learn to shot - rush

The cannon in the jet is only good against other jets (and choppers) in conquest, which does put you at a severe disadvantage. The cannon in rush is good against other jets, choppers, AND land vehicles.

Honestly, all you need right is guns and flares. Air radar is great, too, once you get it. Till then, run stealth.

This, and try to get to a flanking position to avoid the helo and jet and make a quick run on a tank or something slow. Hopefully you will at least be able to disable it and get 100 pts before you meet any heavy resistance. When you get flares you will have more liberties on what targets to go for.

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #5387 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 01:20 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Also rush offers a more defined area of enemy resistance, so you can more easily avoid ground units with stingers.

post #5388 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:

1st video done. Like I said, I'll try to add some notes to it later on.

Great flying, you are a true beast in the jet! One note, though. I notice you keep firing rockets to get a reload, you can just press X and it'll reload you. It is a bit faster.
post #5389 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Zath whats your rank up to now?

Lowgn just work on your turns in the jet if you want to get some kills. Fly high on the outside, see someone, come in behind them and just wait for them to go into a slow turn where you can strafe across them or wait until they come back at the points. Just don't let them know you are behind them. You'll get some easy disables/kills with the gun if you wait until they are approaching the flags and have slowed waayyyy down.
post #5390 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

good to know about how main guns dont work on ground vehicles on conquest, will stick to the sky in that mode I've been wondering why I'm not getting hit markers thought my aim just sucked

yeah the one disable I had on a jet to I happened to be behind them and they were turning slow and basically totally exposed before I started shooting... when you say work on turns do you mean evasive turns or just being able to turn quickly with breaking?

post #5391 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.kingsley View Post

Great flying, you are a true beast in the jet! One note, though. I notice you keep firing rockets to get a reload, you can just press X and it'll reload you. It is a bit faster.

Thanks. I've gotten into the habit of firing off all my rockets because while I can hit x to reload, it's one more thing to remember to do. Plus I find it's faster to just fire the one or two rockets than keep spamming the x button . But yeah reloading works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

Zath whats your rank up to now?

Lowgn just work on your turns in the jet if you want to get some kills. Fly high on the outside, see someone, come in behind them and just wait for them to go into a slow turn where you can strafe across them or wait until they come back at the points. Just don't let them know you are behind them. You'll get some easy disables/kills with the gun if you wait until they are approaching the flags and have slowed waayyyy down.

I'm colonel 6 I think. Just checked and I'm 38th in the world on jets. I took a break over the weekend, figuring top 50 was good enough. I missed playing with you guys!

Quote:

good to know about how main guns dont work on ground vehicles on conquest, will stick to the sky in that mode I've been wondering why I'm not getting hit markers thought my aim just sucked

yeah the one disable I had on a jet to I happened to be behind them and they were turning slow and basically totally exposed before I started shooting... when you say work on turns do you mean evasive turns or just being able to turn quickly with breaking?

Yes. Regarding turning while engaging, I find the most success in getting the enemy to turn and turning inside of the enemy, therefore keeping my + directly on the enemy plane for an extended time - enough to down a jet in one burst.

In terms of evasiveness, it's also important to turn sharply once you get going. Though my favorite evasive maneuver is spiraling towards the ground and pulling up at the last second. A little dangerous but fun when it works . Always remember to stay high if you can so you have an altitude advantage over the enemy.

I just recorded a much better video today. Set up a tripod and raised the camera to eye level (or just about) which should make a big difference in the overall quality of the video...
post #5392 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Main thing with your guns is to aim under the marker and slightly ahead of it if they are moving.
On the turn ya, that one video said it best for me anyways. Pull on the break and feather the gas midway through to pull you through faster. Any tips on the turning i'd listen to zath. He's the fastest i've seen, he's the only one that I can't get a turn on.
Also from the video, if you've got a guy behind you. Instead of just constantly circling (if you're gonna do that you might as well bail because you are just killing your score and team).. Turn a few times, then go straight up. Innelman back and do your quickest turn left or right. 8/10 times the guy loses you.
Use 3rd person.
post #5393 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Zath makes flying look way too easy. When I fly, I generally end up crashing due to bad flying or I fly for 5 minutes and can't find anything (due to a lack of spotting). Also, I get shot down because I can't get behind any other pilots and then a chopper comes through, locks on, and I go boom.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #5394 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 06:16 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think the guns work on ground vehicles in conquest, but they are not as powerful as the ones in the jets in rush game types.

post #5395 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 119
I mainly play CQ these days. It seems I have completely forgot about Rush.

I guess the smaller maps do it for me mainly.

But I guess on the larger maps I usually try to place a spawn beacon, at the beginning of the match, somewhere in the middle where it will not be easily discovered and destroyed. And then I mainly try to cover the middle two flags. It can get kind if lonely I suppose, and I definitely do not score near as many points as the smaller maps. But I truly feel the reason why I score so low is because I have pretty much completely avoided vehicles, mainly because I am just not very good in them.

Caspian Border for example...rarely do I venture over to A. Sometimes I go to D, the gas station. But I mainly try to hang around B & C, the hilltop and the forest.

I mean the whole team should never be altogether when playing CQ anyways right?

I think it would be better if there were more players. Is that just not an option for consoles on some of the larger maps? Meaning, is it just not possible, and why?

I have found that if you have good chopper pilots, it completely changes the game on larger maps, as they can continuously drop in infantry.

I'm guessing that when two teams really know how to play, then the whole distance / less battles thing diminishes quite a bit.

Of all the vehicles I am most interested in becoming serviceable with, the chopper with the rockets is at the top of that list.

To be a little honest though, I wonder if this game could have used another gametype. Like something that lights up on the map so everyone knows where it's at, but that teams can pickup and carry around to other parts of the maps. That, I think, would be very interesting. Kind of like a tumbling battlefield. Very concentrated. But as you respawned, the points of cover for both the attackers and defenders may have changed, as well as which team was which. I'm kind of surprised they do not have something like that.
post #5396 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:

I just recorded a much better video today. Set up a tripod and raised the camera to eye level (or just about) which should make a big difference in the overall quality of the video...

Zath, I'm hoping Santa brings you a Hauppauge HD-PVR this year. I know you'd enjoy it and would put it to good use. Did you put it on your list and mail it to the North Pole yet?

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #5397 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

I really want one of those PVR's myself, but I feel like I would need to build a computer as well. Right now I just have a cheapy laptop. (Am I correct?...one needs a sofisticated computer?)
post #5398 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Zath, I'm hoping Santa brings you a Hauppauge HD-PVR this year. I know you'd enjoy it and would put it to good use. Did you put it on your list and mail it to the North Pole yet?

LOL!

I have a TV tuner card that does input HD video... from coaxial! It does have a connector for RCA-yellow (composite) or s-video inputs, but that limits it to 480 resolution. At least with the video camera, you can "see" what I see in the game. The projector's nice, but colors are starting to get washed out quite a bit to where it's easy to lose planes against the background and such. I'll suggest a recorder to the wife....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I really want one of those PVR's myself, but I feel like I would need to build a computer as well. Right now I just have a cheapy laptop. (Am I correct?...one needs a sofisticated computer?)

It really depends on the capabilities you have and the requirements of the unit. You should be fine w/a dual-core processor, say 2-4 gb of RAM. Maybe a little more?

I'm not a big fan of editing/mixing videos. Maybe I'll get into it more, but... I'd rather play!
post #5399 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Oh I just want to make a video or two with some badass song in the background, so everyone knows how badass I am. It just intrigues me, and the finished products look fun.
post #5400 of 16247 Old 12-07-2011, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

To be a little honest though, I wonder if this game could have used another gametype. Like something that lights up on the map so everyone knows where it's at, but that teams can pickup and carry around to other parts of the maps. That, I think, would be very interesting. Kind of like a tumbling battlefield. Very concentrated. But as you respawned, the points of cover for both the attackers and defenders may have changed, as well as which team was which. I'm kind of surprised they do not have something like that.

I like the sound of that.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page