Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 16247 Old 07-05-2011, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

Daniel Matros (DICE General Manager) has been talking in a podcast by Dont Revive Me Bro. He has recently confirmed that snipers will get scope reflection & scope sway to balance out the addition of prone. Snipers that stay still for a certain amount of time will have a reflection in their scope that will give away their position (appears as a small flash to the enemy). Snipers will also have scope sway to stop people from overusing them. Scope sway ensures the constant movement of the cross-hair so its not as simple as aim and shoot.

These features have been added to balance the addition of prone to Battlefield 3 gameplay. It will prevent snipers from being overused and stops snipers from constantly camping.

Sounds good to me.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 16247 Old 07-05-2011, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lots of anti-camping integration as they know all the cod kiddies are coming!! ?
post #543 of 16247 Old 07-07-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Sounds good to me.

Guaranteed that most people will still use snipers to nausea.

S e a N N yT
post #544 of 16247 Old 07-07-2011, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT View Post

Guaranteed that most people will still use snipers to nausea.

fine with me, in BC2 we roll teams that use a bunch of snipers...
post #545 of 16247 Old 07-07-2011, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Little more info on classes from the BF Blog....

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Here at DICE, we're very proud of the team play functionality that we have become known and loved for in the Battlefield series, and we're continuing to embrace that approach for Battlefield 3, but not without a few upgrades for the new game. In Battlefield 3, we're making sure each of the four playable classes (Assault, Engineer, Support and Recon) are each completely capable of holding their own in combat. While they each have different specialties, each class is a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

If you're that kind of lone wolf player who simply wants to jump in and cook some fools, that's perfectly fine - we're making sure each class in Battlefield 3 packs a mean punch on their own, giving you another chance to play it your way. However, we're also hard at work fine-tuning each class and their unique team play capabilities, so squads in Battlefield 3 will be able to function tightly, giving even more reasons to team play than ever before.

As mentioned, the four classes available in Battlefield 3 are Assault, Engineer, Support and Recon. All classes include familiar elements, but this time around, we're tweaking things a bit, bringing something new to our online multiplayer. Our Assault class is still the frontline run and gun class, and considering the havoc and fallen team members someone will see while on the frontlines, the Assault soldier now has medic abilities. That's right, all the abilities such as medkits and defibrillators typically found on the Medic class are now incorporated into Assault. It makes sense that the class on the frontline will be able to revive fallen team mates, right? Right! Remember, you can play it your way, so if you want to customize your Assault soldier more towards medic abilities or towards serious gunplay, it's totally up to you.

Engineers are returning in Battlefield 3, bringing back the class in charge of making repairs to the various vehicles on the battlefield. On the other hand, the Engineer is very adept at taking down vehicles as well - this class includes RPGs that can take down armored targets that can't be destroyed by bullets alone, or even building facades that enemy combatants may be using to take cover. Add the fact that an Engineer's arsenal includes Carbine weapons, you get an extremely versatile multiplayer class that can truly move like a butterfly and sting like a bee.

The Support class makes its return in Battlefield 3, incorporating the ability to use light machine guns and can lay down heavy fire, allowing him to become a serious mobile weapons platform. Support has always been about heavy infantry firepower from his LMG, says Alan Kertz, Senior Multiplayer Designer at DICE. It's a role that we've wanted to feel different than Assault's running and gunning.

This brings us to two new features in Battlefield 3: Bipods and Suppressive Fire. Bipods have a very practical use, especially for LMGs, as they provide a substantial increase in stability while laying down a base of fire. Bipods can be deployed anywhere by zooming in with your LMG when prone, or when standing/kneeling in front of suitable supports, such as a window sill. The stability created by deploying a Bipod gives players a massive boost in accuracy and recoil reduction. You'll be able to unload an entire clip of 200 bullets from your LMG with great accuracy without even letting go of the trigger, all thanks to the Bipod.

Suppressive Fire is a new in-game mechanic that changes how you can play the game. When you lay down fire in close vicinity to an enemy, the incoming barrage will show up as a graphical blur effect on his screen to stress him and let him know it's not safe to pop out from behind cover. Just as importantly, this mechanic also affects his character's in-game firing accuracy, making him less of a threat by using real world tactics. Better yet? You get team play experience points for doing so!

Supported shooting with Bipods and Suppressive Fire finally allows us to achieve an obvious difference between Assault and Support, since the heavy LMGs are not terribly mobile, explains Kertz. When deployed with a Bipod, they become an incredibly powerful force. Suppressive Fire forces the enemy to keep their head down and lets the Support gunner pin his enemies in place so teammates can flank.

Love him or hate him, Recon is the long range sniper class for Battlefield 3 who excels at gathering intel while on the battlefield. His sniper scope gives this class a distinct view of the battlefield, making Recon particularly suited for spotting enemies as seen in Battlefield: Bad Company 2, ensuring your entire team can see the locations of spotted members of the opposing team. Recon traditionally has been seen as just a sniper, Kertz said. We wanted to change that perception, so we've built several completely new teamplay oriented gadgets specifically for the Recon class so he can be a team player, even if he's sitting on the top of Wookie Mountain. We'll talk more about these toys and how they work in a blog post a bit further down the road.

Even though each soldier has a default loadout, they're there for you to completely customize, making sure you're able to cater to your own unique style so you can play it your way. We'll be able to talk more about unlocks, persistence and customization later in the Battleblog series, so stay tuned for more on Battlefield 3 soon!

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #546 of 16247 Old 07-07-2011, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

honestly suppression fire is one of the coolest things i think i have heard in a long time in a FPS game..
post #547 of 16247 Old 07-07-2011, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
So, I have been debating on whether to get BF3 for PC or for the Xbox 360. Well, BC2 was $5 on Steam the other day so I nabbed it for my PC and after just a few minutes I've realized that the PC version just doesn't play as well. Sure, you can fit more people on the servers and all but considering how easy it is to aim with the mouse I swear I'm being sniped every 30 seconds, I am not doing nearly as well as I did when I had it on the 360. It's too crowded and the KB/M is too precise.

Also, I'm surprised by how the PC version of BC2 doesn't look that much better than the 360 version. I figured there'd be a huge graphical gap between the two. I wonder how the 360 version of BF3 will look in comparison to the PC version?

Definitely be the 360 version for me.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #548 of 16247 Old 07-08-2011, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

I picked up BC2 on PC as well, and aside from some improved lighting and being in 1080p/60, I don't think there is a huge difference between PC and the console. I do recall them saying that the PC version was a port of the consoles though, so that's probably why.

I think there is a video that compares the BF3 demo on Fallon (PS3) and the PC footage. Difference is there, but certainly won't make you say 'this looks like #^&@ in comparison'.

BF3 will undoubtedly look better on PC, but I don't have many friends that game on a PC, and this is a dominant group to play with.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #549 of 16247 Old 07-08-2011, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I will probably buy both, the xbox & pc versions. I have BC2 on both, and in the end the on-line play seems to favor the xbox for me. I have too many friends on xbox live.
post #550 of 16247 Old 07-08-2011, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 265
I'm definitely getting it for pc, but I'll probably end up with a copy for both. I downloaded BC2 on pc during the steam sell. If any of you guys want to get a group together there, I'm down.

Steam id is, you guessed it, RemoWilliams84

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #551 of 16247 Old 07-08-2011, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

Also, I'm surprised by how the PC version of BC2 doesn't look that much better than the 360 version. I figured there'd be a huge graphical gap between the two. I wonder how the 360 version of BF3 will look in comparison to the PC version?

Newsflash!
PC games are ports of console games these days.
Alot has changed in the past 10 years while you were sleeping.
post #552 of 16247 Old 07-08-2011, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

honestly you pretty much have to get it for 360 because battlefield games are average games at best if playing with randoms, GREAT when playing with AVS crew...
post #553 of 16247 Old 07-08-2011, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Or you can get it for ps3! To each his own!
post #554 of 16247 Old 07-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

honestly you pretty much have to get it for 360 because battlefield games are average games at best if playing with randoms, GREAT when playing with AVS crew...

Playing with the AVS crew is like being a Marine during OIF - rolling right the **** over the inept opposition. I often don't even have anybody to shoot at... in a full game.
post #555 of 16247 Old 07-08-2011, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foosinho View Post

Playing with the AVS crew is like being a Marine during OIF - rolling right the **** over the inept opposition. I often don't even have anybody to shoot at... in a full game.

haha, very true..
post #556 of 16247 Old 07-09-2011, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
So IGN has an article about the future of the Battlefield series, just speculation, but one part caught my eye:

Quote:

While Battlefield 3's environmental damage looks fantastic, it's actually a bit of a step backward from Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Damage is done to facades built onto structures, rather than the actual structures themselves - you're not going to be bringing buildings down in Battlefield 3 like you did in Bad Company 2 outside of scripted moments in singleplayer and possible hard-coded objectives in multiplayer. But even Battlefield: Bad Company 2's destruction was pre-cooked; you were blowing apart pieces designed to fall apart in a certain way.

The paragraph seems contradictory, first stating it's a step backwards, then stating it's the same as BC2. Has there been any other info on destruction in BF3, aside from the fact there there will be more?

Article link: http://pc.ign.com/articles/118/11814...le+Feedfetcher

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11

post #557 of 16247 Old 07-09-2011, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 74
yeah I was afraid of that. It is so nice being able to destroy buildings in BF2. I sure hope this doesn't create indestructible walls...
post #558 of 16247 Old 07-10-2011, 10:45 AM

Liked: 13
Now on bc2 there are buildings where you can destroy walls but not bring the building down. "B" building on last stage of Nelson bay is one. Maybe it won't be any worse than that.

XBL: bigorangeking

Elite Club of Awesomeness Member

post #559 of 16247 Old 07-12-2011, 03:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
So long as I can bring down a building that is not an objective point (or a boundry building) with enough explosives then I will be happy. From the sound of it they are saying that even the TDM levels built like a CoD level, when an RPG misses it doesn't just leave a mark on the wall, it takes out a good part of it. (the look of the area changes, but the effect on the map layout is largely the same) which is something that has always bugged me in FPS games.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #560 of 16247 Old 07-20-2011, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Guess emails are being sent out to folks who bought MoH Limited Edition to get into the beta in September. I haven't received mine yet.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #561 of 16247 Old 07-20-2011, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Just received the following:

Thank you for purchasing the Medal of Honor Limited Edition, which included access to the upcoming Battlefield 3 Beta! We are making great progress on Battlefield 3 and can't wait to share it with you. We will be rolling out the Beta during the month of September and you are still on our exclusive list to enter this Beta early.

I am not going to have any time to play this. If it is a code or whatever, I'll send it to someone...

Salminella has become legend (or something like that): PSN
post #562 of 16247 Old 07-20-2011, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post
Just received the following:

Thank you for purchasing the Medal of Honor Limited Edition, which included access to the upcoming Battlefield 3 Beta! We are making great progress on Battlefield 3 and can't wait to share it with you. We will be rolling out the Beta during the month of September and you are still on our exclusive list to enter this Beta early.

I am not going to have any time to play this. If it is a code or whatever, I'll send it to someone...
If it is, I'll take it!

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #563 of 16247 Old 07-20-2011, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post
Whawhawhaaat?

If it were for FIFA 12, would you then be able to make time?

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #564 of 16247 Old 07-20-2011, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Got mine about lunch time

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #565 of 16247 Old 07-20-2011, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420

Whawhawhaaat?

If it were for FIFA 12, would you then be able to make time?
My old lady is going to be very pregnant or I'll have a new kid at the time, so my spare time is going to be less than zero.

Salminella has become legend (or something like that): PSN
post #566 of 16247 Old 07-20-2011, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Completely understandable there. Hopefully we'll see you on the battlefield at some point!

On another note, still haven't received my email. Thinking it might be because my email was never verified.

Not sure how long this will be out there:

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #567 of 16247 Old 07-20-2011, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 34
That was the worst. Able to see the gun but once you click it, it's gone!!
post #568 of 16247 Old 07-21-2011, 12:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 74
yup all 3 videos are now dead!
post #569 of 16247 Old 07-21-2011, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

They were just a few minutes each, but I really liked the look of the cityscape. I can see where the comments about buildings not being fully destructable came from - those buildings weren't coming down. It did look cool how you could blow out the cover though.

Sniping worries me a bit with the addition of prone.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #570 of 16247 Old 07-21-2011, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

MP FOOTAGE..
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/21/ge...-action-right/

I don't know if i have ever been so hyped for a game, ever..... this looks great.. very much "feels" like a war...
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page