Battlefield 3 - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-24-2011, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I've seen them throw the bi-pod out in a few of the videos posted and I am looking forward to trying to lay down some suppressing fire.

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
also i wish that they would get it right on the reloads.. whenever you reload without unloading the mag. and without going into "slide lock", you shouldn't have to pull back the charging handle or drop the bolt again... i know minor compliant, but i wish they would get it right...
It is a minor detail, but one I too wish they would get right. Plus, it would make your reload a little faster, which it should.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foosinho View Post
It is a minor detail, but one I too wish they would get right. Plus, it would make your reload a little faster, which it should.
i know it is frustrating. i mean anyone that shoots gun would know this and you figure with as many people working on games like this someone would say something..
Old 07-24-2011, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
As much as people think they like a.realistic game. They don't. There is nothing real on any console that involves war. No game will ever be that realistic. Why? Because it wouldn't make any money.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
If they did realistic reloading I would end up stuck with 5 mags with just a few bullets left in each considering I constantly reload after kills. Plus having to stop & put bullets in each of them would be annoying. That's realism I can live without.

Xbox Gamertag: matteoms

Official Member of the Joy Puke Your Face Off Club.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

As much as people think they like a.realistic game. They don't. There is nothing real on any console that involves war. No game will ever be that realistic. Why? Because it wouldn't make any money.

The real "why" is because it would be too boring. Too much "camping" and too slow paced... There would be a market for it, I'm sure, but not as big as the fast paced more arcadey shooters that are popular now.. Probably the most realistic game I can remember in recent times is SOCOM (ie confrontation). Very slow and calculated tactical gameplay, realistic environments, the way the clips work (don't get a refilled clip), the damage from bullets and grenades, etc.

Even if the most realistic ones aren't as popular as arcadey games like COD, that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be making them as realistic as is possible without affecting the gameplay. Such as the reloading problem mentioned above.

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch
PS3/PSN: pj_rage
360/Live: pjrage82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan
Dude please, your list of toys is so long its like Santa is your dad lol.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Rage View Post

The real "why" is because it would be too boring. Too much "camping" and too slow paced... There would be a market for it, I'm sure, but not as big as the fast paced more arcadey shooters that are popular now.. Probably the most realistic game I can remember in recent times is SOCOM (ie confrontation). Very slow and calculated tactical gameplay, realistic environments, the way the clips work (don't get a refilled clip), the damage from bullets and grenades, etc.

Even if the most realistic ones aren't as popular as arcadey games like COD, that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be making them as realistic as is possible without affecting the gameplay. Such as the reloading problem mentioned above.

+1. TOO realistic usually means not very fun.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Old 07-25-2011, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

i guess i am in the minority, my fav MP game of this generation is socom conf...
Old 07-25-2011, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Don't get me wrong... I loved socom confrontation. But it's not for everyone.

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch

Quote:
Old 07-25-2011, 10:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Reality has one goal = not to get killed. Ever. If you die, you lost.

Just imagined playing a shooter, any shooter, without ever dying. Pretty much it would consist of choosing your weapon class and never entering the match lol. Just staring at the screen with the controller on the floor.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
Old 07-25-2011, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

i guess i am in the minority, my fav MP game of this generation is socom conf...

That's the one of the worst Socom games ever out. Sc2 was the greatest of em all. Anything on ps3. (Socom wise) Has been complete crap.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Juicebox... I didn't play socom 2. What makes socom confrontation so bad? I've heard you say that a couple times but without any reasoning. I thought it was pretty great myself?

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch

Quote:
Old 07-25-2011, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Juicebox... I didn't play socom 2. What makes socom confrontation so bad? I've heard you say that a couple times but without any reasoning. I thought it was pretty great myself?

There wasn't a single thing good about confrontation. The game play was as if the game was never finished. Horrid lag no matter what you play. Choppy as hell. Has been hacked since day 1. (literally) Super easy head shots.

Graphics were good. I do like the fact that they brought some old school maps back. Socom games that have come out to ps3 has been to attract new gamers. They are tying to bring over COD players. (take a look at SC4) Overall, they forgot about the avid Socom players in the Ps2 days.

Put it this way. When Socom 2 came out there were about 2 million ps2 owners at the time..... Over half of them were Socom2 gamers. And no, I'm not pulling those numbers out of my azz. That's a fact lol.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

I'll have to trust you that socom 2 was better, but I personally had a great experience with confrontation. I don't remember having any lag issues that were any different than similar FPS games, but maybe I just got used to it quickly? I don't remember it being choppy or anything either? I also personally never ran into hackers, or if I did, they weren't very good lol, because they didn't stand out.

I'm not claiming you didn't have those problems, only that I didn't :shrug:

Now I kind of wish I had played socom 2 if it was that much better. I love the concept of the series, and if I liked confrontation, I probably would have loved socom 2. I just wish they had it for xbox as well as I really stopped playing from a lack of friends who were playing too.

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch

Quote:
Old 07-25-2011, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'll have to trust you that socom 2 was better, but I personally had a great experience with confrontation. I don't remember having any lag issues that were any different than similar FPS games, but maybe I just got used to it quickly? I don't remember it being choppy or anything either? I also personally never ran into hackers, or if I did, they weren't very good lol, because they didn't stand out.

I'm not claiming you didn't have those problems, only that I didn't :shrug:

Now I kind of wish I had played socom 2 if it was that much better. I love the concept of the series, and if I liked confrontation, I probably would have loved socom 2. I just wish they had it for xbox as well as I really stopped playing from a lack of friends who were playing too.

I will give confrontation a plus over the new Socom4. Socom4 is waaaaay off the Socom game type. Confrontation was much closer. It was just way to buggy.

As for Socom2. Yes, you honestly would have loved that game. You have no idea how good it was lol.

As for hackers. Sadly, Confrontation was made off using excel..... Tells you how bad the game was programmed. lol Anyone could hack that game within a 5 mins. That's (sadly) how easy it was.

What I do like about classic Socom are two main things. Lobby's and Mic system. Both of which they got rid of ion the new one.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

I will give confrontation a plus over the new Socom4. Socom4 is waaaaay off the Socom game type. Confrontation was much closer. It was just way to buggy.

As for Socom2. Yes, you honestly would have loved that game. You have no idea how good it was lol.

As for hackers. Sadly, Confrontation was made off using excel..... Tells you how bad the game was programmed. lol Anyone could hack that game within a 5 mins. That's (sadly) how easy it was.

What I do like about classic Socom are two main things. Lobby's and Mic system. Both of which they got rid of ion the new one.

Yeah I just scanned through most of the posts I made about confrontation when I was playing it. I was one of the guys defending it against hardcore previous socom players like yourself. I guess I still am lol.

It seems that the biggest issue I really had was in finding a game and linking up with your friends. That was the hardest part and I'm not sure they ever resolved it? They had dedicated servers, a plus, but it was annoying as hell to meet up with your friends. And sometimes you would join a lobby where a clan was waiting for a friend, and they would either ask you to leave or if you didn't, vote to kick you (and win).

Reading briefly through the main confrontation thread, I didn't see any real complaints about lag or hackers, but admittedly I didn't go much farther in than around December, a few months after launch. People were concerned about a bug where your aim when crouched/prone was off, and stats not properly recording.

And yeah, I'm sure I would have loved Socom 2. I'm sorry I missed it, but I know it wouldn't be the same if I tried it now.

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch

Quote:
Old 07-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatteoMS View Post

If they did realistic reloading I would end up stuck with 5 mags with just a few bullets left in each considering I constantly reload after kills. Plus having to stop & put bullets in each of them would be annoying. That's realism I can live without.

That kind of realism wouldn't be fun. But simply eliminating having to close the bolt when reloading with one in the chamber would be an improvement, IMO. It's another reward for tactical reloading - which is a real technique taught to soldiers.

Having to manage 10 partially full magazines would not be fun at all. So assuming you are always grabbing a full magazine, and that your "partials" automatically consolidate to as few magazines as possible, improves the gameplay experience immensely.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foosinho View Post

That kind of realism wouldn't be fun. But simply eliminating having to close the bolt when reloading with one in the chamber would be an improvement, IMO. It's another reward for tactical reloading - which is a real technique taught to soldiers.

Having to manage 10 partially full magazines would not be fun at all. So assuming you are always grabbing a full magazine, and that your "partials" automatically consolidate to as few magazines as possible, improves the gameplay experience immensely.

wow, be careful you are using logic and making sense.. not sure if that is ok
Old 07-25-2011, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Facts and logic are frowned upon in internet forums

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch

Quote:
Old 07-25-2011, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

you know what is funny about you PJ, is you are the exact opposite of everyone i know, you are calm and collected on the internet, but in real life (i played quite a few BLOPs games with you), you get upset easy!! everyone else is the opposite!!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

2 very detailed videos, showing weapons and "specializations" (perks)
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/25/ba...customization/
Old 07-25-2011, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
Old 07-25-2011, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

you know what is funny about you PJ, is you are the exact opposite of everyone i know, you are calm and collected on the internet, but in real life (i played quite a few BLOPs games with you), you get upset easy!! everyone else is the opposite!!!!

I just cant stand BS. I complained a lot less in MW2. If nothing else, I at least knew where my bullets went. Disappearing bullets and absurd inconsistencies make me lose my mind

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch

Quote:
Old 07-25-2011, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Old 07-25-2011, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Old 07-25-2011, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Old 07-26-2011, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
sh!7, formulanerd, seeing those clips, I want a gaming PC SO badly, lol
Old 07-26-2011, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3Orion View Post

sh!7, formulanerd, seeing those clips, I want a gaming PC SO badly, lol

I bought a gaming rig just to get in on the alpha. Should be here today. Unfortunately I just got the invite Friday and the alpha ends Monday August 1st, so I may not get much of a return on t he investment.

Oddly, it still seems worth it tho...

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

i wish they would take out (or at least have an option) of the in game characters in MP dropping the f-bomb so often....

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea