post #721 of 16247 Old 08-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

Thanks dude -- I said f-it just ordered a copy of MOH Limited Edition from eBay, figured price will go up even more there is really going to be early access to BF3 beta. Worst case scenario I'm sure I'll at least get some entertainment out of the single player campaign while I wait for BF3.

I know a lot of people hate on MOH, but (a) the single player was reasonably fun, and (b) the Combat Mission mode of multiplayer is pretty awesome, IMO. It's very similar to Rush mode, just more "COD-like".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 16247 Old 08-03-2011, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

Thanks dude -- I said f-it just ordered a copy of MOH Limited Edition from eBay, figured price will go up even more there is really going to be early access to BF3 beta. Worst case scenario I'm sure I'll at least get some entertainment out of the single player campaign while I wait for BF3.

I enjoyed MOH, especially after I got past the first mission in the single player campaign. It's short, but it was worth playing through.

The multiplayer had potential, they just rushed it. The best part is Combat Mission, but there were only 3 maps (foolish). The other issue was an abundance of snipers. I'd say you'll have fun with it for a bit, especially if you picked it up on the cheap.

I have noticed that quite a few things from MOH have been applied to BF3. It seems a lot of the weapon customizations, pop-up notifications and ribbons come straight from there.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #723 of 16247 Old 08-03-2011, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
I wish they would not have those ribbon pop-ups. I like to see them (pins) at the end of the match like in BC2.

James
post #724 of 16247 Old 08-03-2011, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I actually like the ribbons.
post #725 of 16247 Old 08-03-2011, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Zath,

I do not mind the ribbons, just the way they pop up. I rather see them at the end of the match.

James
post #726 of 16247 Old 08-03-2011, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
If it were socially acceptable I would ensconce myself in battle ribbons...

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #727 of 16247 Old 08-03-2011, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Dang Coyote, now you are using words I have to go and look up to see what in the heck you are meaning

James
post #728 of 16247 Old 08-04-2011, 11:51 AM

Liked: 13
New SPECACT kit pictures:

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com....php?id=165240

XBL: bigorangeking

Elite Club of Awesomeness Member

post #729 of 16247 Old 08-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post

If it were socially acceptable I would ensconce myself in battle ribbons...

Would you say that you would then have a plethora of ribbons?
post #730 of 16247 Old 08-04-2011, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage Guy View Post

Would you say that you would then have a plethora of ribbons?

Haha.

Jefe, what is a plethora?

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11

post #731 of 16247 Old 08-04-2011, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberrust11 View Post

Haha.

Jefe, what is a plethora?

more than a few and less than a boatload...

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #732 of 16247 Old 08-04-2011, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Best use of those preorder bonuses is to sell them on Ebay for $10-20+

Best Buy has some sort of Specact kit, and if you preorder 5 games (and are in their gamerclub thing) you get $100 in credit.
post #733 of 16247 Old 08-04-2011, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
well should have just waited another day... but hopefully will still enjoy moh.

Looks like you get 48hour early access with MOH, just saw this on BF blog today:

Quote:

I bought Medal of Honor Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition and was promised entry to the Battlefield 3 Beta -- is that a different Beta than the Open Beta just announced?
No, it is the same Open Beta, but as a first-hand buyer of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition, you will have 48 hours early access.

XBL : lowgn
post #734 of 16247 Old 08-04-2011, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

LOL 48 hours early access. Ouch!
post #735 of 16247 Old 08-04-2011, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

ha yeah its all good

but from what everyone is saying it's worth playing

XBL : lowgn
post #736 of 16247 Old 08-05-2011, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Get ready Gismo....

"The ultimate bragging right would be for a player to be awarded the rank of Colonel with 100 Service Stars attached, and to have 100 stars in all weapons, kits, and vehicles."

Quote:

Battlefield 3 will be the deepest shooter in DICE history. Read on for the full story on how we will reward skill and dedication, and how our flexible unlock and customization system allows you to tailor the game for your personal play style.

Battlefield players are among the most loyal out there. Our games are literally played for years by our hardcore fans, and we want to actively support that. There should always be something left to achieve in Battlefield 3.

Valerian Noghin and Fredrik Thylander are Persistence Designers on Battlefield 3. They're the guys making sure you will have as much fun with the game in 2013 as on launch day.

Back in 2005, Battlefield 2 was one of the first shooters to introduce a deep persistence system to add that extra layer of tasty rewards and unlocks to keep players returning to the battlefield for hundreds of hours. With Battlefield 3, we are pulling all the stops. Compared to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 will have more than 10 times the hardware unlocks spread over weapons, weapons attachments, gadgets, and a huge unlock tree for vehicles alone.

Skill and dedication equal rewards
On top of these ingame hardware items, players will also be richly rewarded with medals, ribbons and service stars displaying their skill, commitment, and teamplay prowess. You will be rewarded handsomely in Battlefield 3 for exemplary skill, such as capturing X amount of bases in one round. Excellent teamplayers who keep the team's vehicles in mint condition and revive fallen comrades will not go unnoticed either. These type of skill-driven rewards are typically handed out in the form of ribbons, and good players can often get more than one ribbon in a single round.

Winning a round for the team should always be the priority, so we are making sure that even when players are chasing their personal achievements, they are contributing to the overall battle. You will also be rewarded for true dedication and commitment, such as playing x amount of hours as a U.S. soldier. These honors come in the form of the much harder to get medals. They are typically given at specific milestones in your career.

There are a large number of ranks in Battlefield 3, similar to Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Your rank badge is a quick measure of your overall progress in the game. And even if you hit the max rank, there is always more glory to strive for with the new concept of Service Stars that we are introducing in Battlefield 3.

Service Stars challenge the hardcore
Even getting your first Service Star would be a major achievement. But keep playing, and you will be eligible for even further promotion by getting Service Stars added to your weapon skill badge, your vehicle, your kit, and your overall rank. Anytime your kill card is displayed, everyone will see exactly how experienced you are with your current equipment. The ultimate bragging right would be for a player to be awarded the rank of Colonel with 100 Service Stars attached, and to have 100 stars in all weapons, kits, and vehicles. Getting there will be a massive task - consider that a challenge!

The design philosophy behind the unlocks in Battlefield 3 is pretty sweet. We basically give you more hardware to play with for doing what you love to do. Case in point: Using gun X will give you more upgrades specifically for that gun. Playing with a kit and vehicle earns more upgrades for that kit and that vehicle. In addition, all XP gained also goes towards your overall rank, which in turn unlocks new weapons, specializations, and camouflages usable by any class.

Play Battlefield 3 your way
The mantra we keep coming back to when designing Battlefield 3 is play it your way. What that means is there's an unprecedented flexibility in how you tailor your kits. The playable classes are not rigidly defined in what they are supposed to play like. While all four classes in Battlefield 3 (Assault, Engineer, Support, Recon) start out with everything they need to be an efficient soldier in the field, it is totally up to you and your personal preferences how you want to tailor them.

Take the Assault class, for example. As you may know by now, this is now the class that has the ability to equip both a defibrillator and medkit for frontline medic abilities. But if you would prefer to switch your add-ons to, say, an underslung grenade launcher with 40mm grenades, go ahead! That will give you an Assault soldier with a more offensive set of capabilities than the player who opts for the default medic approach.

Tactical unlocks force you to choose the right loadout for you
That's the way all of the unlocks and upgrades work. They are specifically designed to be tactical in nature, forcing you to choose loadout based on the map and situation. Do you go for the heavy barrel for your assault rifle? It gives added accuracy for single shots, but at the cost of stronger recoil in burst fire/full auto mode. A standard assault rifle can be modified into a long range accurate weapon or for close quarter, almost SMG-like, combat. For jets, do you go with Maverick ATG missiles to take out tanks or AA missiles to dogfight airborne threats? With your Engineer, do you bring your anti-tank or your anti-air RPG launcher?

In short, we think there has never been a better time to be a Battlefield gamer, no matter your play style.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #737 of 16247 Old 08-05-2011, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

post #738 of 16247 Old 08-05-2011, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

nice

So much niceness.

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11

post #739 of 16247 Old 08-05-2011, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

So much niceness.

Sweet baby!!!

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #740 of 16247 Old 08-06-2011, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

So those of you preordering your BF3 for xbox360 - which store are you going for? I'm torn between the Amazon dog tags and Spectact. Physical Warfare is out b/c it'll be released later anyways.

SPECTACT might be released with Dr. Pepper again like for BC2.

Dog tags look cool, but they also seem to be generic - no stat tracking. Though the raptor is just hilarious...

Can you preorder on Best Buy and have it shipped to your house on release day? Is that usually an extra charge? I like how Amazon has release date shipping for free (at least in the past it was free...).
post #741 of 16247 Old 08-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Get ready Gismo....

"The ultimate bragging right would be for a player to be awarded the rank of Colonel with 100 Service Stars attached, and to have 100 stars in all weapons, kits, and vehicles."

i am ready i love it that's what kept me playing bc2 so long getting all platinum stars.i was not planning on doing that on this game but i guess i am.
post #742 of 16247 Old 08-06-2011, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

I had pre ordered from Amazon some time ago before the little extra's started popping up. I just want the game on release day and anything else is a little bonus.

James
post #743 of 16247 Old 08-06-2011, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah that's how I'm starting to think of it. One person on another forum recommended preordering everywhere, then returning all but one copy and keeping all the goodies. Hmm...
post #744 of 16247 Old 08-09-2011, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

So it looks like the free "BF3 themed" t-shirt that you get when you pre-order via the Amazon link from http://www.enterbf3.com is this one. So, cool that's it's a free t-shirt, but not really a must-have.

Also, FYI, it looks like the dog tag pack from Amazon gets you (10) tags. I was under the impression it was just the (3) in the picture.

I'm leaning more towards the SPECACT bonus.

post #745 of 16247 Old 08-09-2011, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

You sure it's 10 tags? Everywhere I looked, I saw 5.

And yeah, I'm also thinking SPECTACT is the way to go. Too bad Best Buy is 20 min from my house. Hate having to make special trips for one thing.
post #746 of 16247 Old 08-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

So it looks like the free "BF3 themed" t-shirt that you get when you pre-order via the Amazon link from http://www.enterbf3.com is this one. So, cool that's it's a free t-shirt, but not really a must-have.

The Battlefield developers drive me nuts by constantly bringing up Call of Duty all the time. I don't see the Call of Duty guys wasting their breath on Battlefield. Like a little fifth grade boy desperately trying to get the attention of the pretty popular girl.

In other news, I've seen a couple rumors online that jet gameplay will be on show next week.

XBL: DallasAch
post #747 of 16247 Old 08-09-2011, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't want some stupid "incentive" that I'm going to clutter my house with or (if I'm smart) throw away as soon as I get it. I'd rather pay less for the game, so I'm holding out in hopes that somewhere offers a special price, or that Amazon offers game credit or something.

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch
PS3/PSN: pj_rage
360/Live: pjrage82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan
Dude please, your list of toys is so long its like Santa is your dad lol.
post #748 of 16247 Old 08-09-2011, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose View Post

The Battlefield developers drive me nuts by constantly bringing up Call of Duty all the time. I don't see the Call of Duty guys wasting their breath on Battlefield. Like a little fifth grade boy desperately trying to get the attention of the pretty popular girl.

In other news, I've seen a couple rumors online that jet gameplay will be on show next week.

Congrats, you're now a popular girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Rage View Post

I don't want some stupid "incentive" that I'm going to clutter my house with or (if I'm smart) throw away as soon as I get it. I'd rather pay less for the game, so I'm holding out in hopes that somewhere offers a special price, or that Amazon offers game credit or something.

I agree. At the same time, I just KNOW that I'm going to hate seeing everyone have fun on here without me. This will likely be the only game I pay the full $60 on this year. I can easily wait for the others (well except ME3 lol). It seems very common now for games to go on sale a couple weeks after release, so you may be thinking right.

At least I'll be able to try the game before buying it to make sure I like it
post #749 of 16247 Old 08-09-2011, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Whoa whoa whoa, I'm not suggesting I won't get it on release day!! That's crazy I'm not the guy who waits a year for it to drop in price (even though I did that with BFBC2, it wasn't because of price). I was just saying for pre-orders, sometimes amazon offers a $20 credit to future gaming purchases, or sometimes a place will offer lower than the standard MSRP. I'm holding out for that. Worst case scenario I order it the day before or pick it up on release day. It's not the same as the past, where if you didn't have a pre-order you didn't get the game on release day. Everywhere has plenty of copies now, so the only reason to preorder is for the promotion. And the only promotion that is going to make me pre-order earlier than a week before is monetary

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch

Quote:
post #750 of 16247 Old 08-09-2011, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Were the jets in the alpha?

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch

Quote:
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page