post #7681 of 16247 Old 02-25-2012, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

How do we know when the undate takes place. Do we log into the game and then it tells us, as opposed to just turning on the xbox to the xbox home screen?

It will be all over the internet before you see it in game

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7682 of 16247 Old 02-25-2012, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
just was looking at unlocks on battlelog and looks like there are some passenger perks that work for scout helis, never knew this -- looks like proximity scan and maintenance work in any seat. obviously proximity scan would be more useful then maintenance since your probably going to be repairing as a passenger

XBL : lowgn
post #7683 of 16247 Old 02-25-2012, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

just was looking at unlocks on battlelog and looks like there are some passenger perks that work for scout helis, never knew this -- looks like proximity scan and maintenance work in any seat. obviously proximity scan would be more useful then maintenance since your probably going to be repairing as a passenger

Very good to know!
post #7684 of 16247 Old 02-25-2012, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I dunno, I've never tried it but considering the limited range of proximity scan in tanks I can't imagine it being terribly useful in an aircraft, I think you'd be better with Maintenance.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #7685 of 16247 Old 02-25-2012, 09:25 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:

Dude that gun is solid. I'm guessing you've not used it. Alright what guns do you use?

Jet guns, tank guns, chopper guns, pistol.

Actually, I was thinking of the SVD instead of the SKS. The SVD is a total POS.

Still, all sniper rifles are for snipers...in other words, lame.
post #7686 of 16247 Old 02-26-2012, 12:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Jet guns, tank guns, chopper guns, pistol.

Actually, I was thinking of the SVD instead of the SKS. The SVD is a total POS.

Still, all sniper rifles are for snipers...in other words, lame.

Hey you don't have to answer the question if you don't want to.
post #7687 of 16247 Old 02-26-2012, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

I dunno, I've never tried it but considering the limited range of proximity scan in tanks I can't imagine it being terribly useful in an aircraft, I think you'd be better with Maintenance.

well i haven't tried it yet either but better than nothing right? this is for passengers for a solo pilot maintenance might be more useful -- maintenance didn't make sense since by the time maintenance kicks in passengers should have already repaired. proximity seemed more useful especially if pilot has hard time finding targets, you can just fly over an area and know if there are enemies and where they are

post #7688 of 16247 Old 02-26-2012, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Prox in the choppers is pretty useful. It'd especially be useful in the scout where you can turn around so quickly. and pretty much get them wherever they are at.
post #7689 of 16247 Old 02-26-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:

Hey you don't have to answer the question if you don't want to.

I was answering the question quite honestly for the most part. I've told everyone here repeatedly that I completely suck at walking, so stating that I use vehicle guns a vast majority of the time is no lie.

For those times when I'm without any other means, I've tried nearly everything on the table. The PP-19 is nice; I like the weight/feel of it, the 50-shot mag and the sights are decent. USAS for Metro, kill myself with Frag more often than not, so mostly just regular rounds. M249 occasionally. Maybe FAMAS if I'm feeling like aiming is a pain, since only one bullet needs to barely graze your enemy from this overpowered spray-and-pray gun. Pistols, but not as much as in BC2, where the 1911 accounted for over 50% of my total kills. Single-shot, bolt-action rifles for me when I was working on the Assignments. Auto-snipes are too weak and sort of defeat the whole point of sniping. Not that it matters, I only use Recon to MAV kill or lay down a TUGS anyway.
post #7690 of 16247 Old 02-26-2012, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Oh yea! 500+ C4 kills, got my tag and am proudly spotting it!! Good way to get it too. Was at 498 and playin rush on Kargh. Last MCOM at the last base and an amtrak rolls in. BOOM! Squad wipe too so I'm now at 502 and sporting a shiny new tag!!!
post #7691 of 16247 Old 02-26-2012, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Oh yea! 500+ C4 kills, got my tag and am proudly spotting it!! Good way to get it too. Was at 498 and playin rush on Kargh. Last MCOM at the last base and an amtrak rolls in. BOOM! Squad wipe too so I'm now at 502 and sporting a shiny new tag!!!

Nice!

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #7692 of 16247 Old 02-26-2012, 04:37 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Lol. Congrats man! Now you have to watch your back and keep a close hold on those tags!

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #7693 of 16247 Old 02-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:

I'm coming for that tag!

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #7694 of 16247 Old 02-26-2012, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

I'm coming for that tag!

Hehe, come get some!
post #7695 of 16247 Old 02-26-2012, 10:28 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Also note that many of the vehicle perks work from any seat in the LAV. I didn't notice that until just the other day.

XBL: R a Z o R 2257
post #7696 of 16247 Old 02-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I played hardcore for the first time last night. It was different. Sometimes it was frustrating, but overall it was enjoyable. I got accidentally team-killed once by Revel, he ran me over with a tank and another time a friendly tank hit me when he was aiming for the enemy on the other side of me (or maybe he was just killing me to mop up the points. I wasn't really trying to get into any air vehicles so I didn't run into that problem. Sniping with the M98B is fun on hardcore. One hit kills from the waist up. It was strange not knowing how many bullets I had remaining, but I managed. I actually liked not having to sit through a kill cam. I really wish we could skip those in normal mode.

For me, bolt-action rifles + suppressor = garbage. The bullet drop is enormous. I wasn't even 100m away and bullets were already starting to drop. The last attachment slot is kinda useless for sniper rifles. The laser sight is probably the best, but you give away position. Tactical light is useless, it just gives you away. Suppressor causes a ton of bullet drop and damage loss. Flash suppressor decreases long range accuracy. I usually just go with the laser sight or leave it empty. I wish I could equip the straight-pull bolt and a bipod, that would be fun.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #7697 of 16247 Old 02-27-2012, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Not 360, but good tips nonetheless. He has some other good videos to check out.

Hey Zath, I was on a server last night on a team where two guys were flying together - as in they literally had one man fly wing man. I'll have to look back to see their handles, but they seemed unstoppable. I don't recall on the 3-4 games I played with them seeing either of them die.

I'd see them both fly over together repeatedly, I don't remember them being seperated (I'm sure they were, I just didn't see it), but it was the first time I'd seen two planes really stick together like that.

Have you seen this tactic - is it a new/old one? As a guy on the ground, it was pretty nifty to see and feel protected by the fly-boys over my head.

-JR
post #7698 of 16247 Old 02-27-2012, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post

Hey Zath, I was on a server last night on a team where two guys were flying together - as in they literally had one man fly wing man. I'll have to look back to see their handles, but they seemed unstoppable. I don't recall on the 3-4 games I played with them seeing either of them die.

I'd see them both fly over together repeatedly, I don't remember them being seperated (I'm sure they were, I just didn't see it), but it was the first time I'd seen two planes really stick together like that.

Have you seen this tactic - is it a new/old one? As a guy on the ground, it was pretty nifty to see and feel protected by the fly-boys over my head.

-JR

Yup - but more on PC than 360 TBH. Elitegamerbros has a series on YouTube called "Wingman Tactics" which is really fun to watch. Basically, since a full salvo of rockets will do 50% damage, if both jets attack the same target with full salvos at the same time, you get a destroyed tank.

And now for some nostalgia:
post #7699 of 16247 Old 02-27-2012, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:

Nice work.

It was fun C4'ing the **** out things with you Sat night... we were doing some damage.

post #7700 of 16247 Old 02-27-2012, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And now for some nostalgia:

Thanks for that Zath... I miss BC2.

Here's my favorite nostalgia BC2 video

Then there was the "launching" and posing videos you i remember you guys did lol

post #7701 of 16247 Old 02-27-2012, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

You mean like these videos?

post #7702 of 16247 Old 02-27-2012, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

I played hardcore for the first time last night. It was different. Sometimes it was frustrating, but overall it was enjoyable. I got accidentally team-killed once by Revel, he ran me over with a tank and another time a friendly tank hit me when he was aiming for the enemy on the other side of me (or maybe he was just killing me to mop up the points. I wasn't really trying to get into any air vehicles so I didn't run into that problem. Sniping with the M98B is fun on hardcore. One hit kills from the waist up. It was strange not knowing how many bullets I had remaining, but I managed. I actually liked not having to sit through a kill cam. I really wish we could skip those in normal mode.

Revel team killed me twice! ahhahahha. I think team is hilarious, only if its by accident. I think some team killed Razor to get into the jet. LOL. Sniper are extremely annoying on hardcore.

Went 9-24 the other night attacking on damevan peak. It was me, revel, zath and random in a squad. Revel and I were trying to arm while zath was MAV'ing. Didn't remember what the random was doing but Rev and I had a hard time. Managed to get to the second base. Now it was just me zath and revel. So I suggest to revel that I was going join another squad because zath was mav'ing from the first base still. Joined another squad and both of them were sniping. Fustrated to say the least.
post #7703 of 16247 Old 02-27-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:

...I miss BC2...

Me too. Seeing the old vids, it makes me wish BF3 had some of that same "chewy goodness" that BC2 had. (Full destruction, anti-sniping, huge maps, etc.) Even when BC2 got old, they came out with Vietnam, which was a pure dream for me...loved the environment, loved the vehicles (and the fact that they could be taken out by any old person), loved the maps, loved, loved, LOVED the weapons, loved the gameplay.

BF3 isn't bad, per se, it's just never grabbed me the way that BC2 did.
post #7704 of 16247 Old 02-27-2012, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

Revel team killed me twice! ahhahahha. I think team is hilarious, only if its by accident. I think some team killed Razor to get into the jet. LOL. Sniper are extremely annoying on hardcore.

Went 9-24 the other night attacking on damevan peak. It was me, revel, zath and random in a squad. Revel and I were trying to arm while zath was MAV'ing. Didn't remember what the random was doing but Rev and I had a hard time. Managed to get to the second base. Now it was just me zath and revel. So I suggest to revel that I was going join another squad because zath was mav'ing from the first base still. Joined another squad and both of them were sniping. Fustrated to say the least.

Guess you didn't hear me say I was done MAVing

I usually only MAV till we're halfway through tickets or move on to a part that's mostly indoors. Once done with the 2nd base on Damavand, there's not much of a point to MAVing... save the snipers on the roof of A...
post #7705 of 16247 Old 02-27-2012, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:

Guess you didn't hear me say I was done MAVing

I usually only MAV till we're halfway through tickets or move on to a part that's mostly indoors. Once done with the 2nd base on Damavand, there's not much of a point to MAVing... save the snipers on the roof of A...

I did but it was too late anyway.
post #7706 of 16247 Old 02-27-2012, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Nice work.

It was fun C4'ing the **** out things with you Sat night... we were doing some damage.

Good times indeed!
post #7707 of 16247 Old 02-27-2012, 03:39 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for that Zath... I miss BC2.

Here's my favorite nostalgia BC2 video

Then there was the "launching" and posing videos you i remember you guys did lol

lol, thats hilarious, the song had me cracking up. Too bad I was in ps3 world for BC2, I bet I missed out on alot of epic moments.

post #7708 of 16247 Old 02-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Man, I haven't gotten on with you guys much since the new year. Skyrim became a giant time-sucking hole I didn't expect, plus I've been enjoying my new toy....replaced my 99' TJ with 154k miles with this 2012 JK.

The 285hp Pentastar w/6-speed manual gives the new wrangler some serious bawls. Best powertrain in a Jeep since the CJ era!

I need to 'slyde' back into some BF3 with my lvl 30-something soldier. Unfortunately I've still got 3 games still to finish, one yet to start and ME3 coming! Crap...I need to start playing the lotto or something
LL

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #7709 of 16247 Old 02-27-2012, 05:13 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Lol at posing on the tank and the helo dropping from the sky. Zath, I see some things never change...[hor]

post #7710 of 16247 Old 02-27-2012, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page