Battlefield 3 - Page 259 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7741 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I haven't played in a few days and last night it felt like I was picking up the controller for the first time again. I got massacred a lot last night. There was one lobby where it seemed that the entire enemy team was using the USAS with frag rounds. That was frustrating. I only have 36 kills with the thing, so I can't just equip frag rounds to combat them. I started using it, but the flechette rounds are not on the level of the frags.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7742 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

I haven't played in a few days and last night it felt like I was picking up the controller for the first time again. I got massacred a lot last night. There was one lobby where it seemed that the entire enemy team was using the USAS with frag rounds. That was frustrating. I only have 36 kills with the thing, so I can't just equip frag rounds to combat them. I started using it, but the flechette rounds are not on the level of the frags.

I'm on about Service Star 15 with USAS, so I have some experience with it. I don't see why frag rounds are supposedly so great. Regular old buckshot seems to get me more actual kills than frag, not to mention how many "suicides" I have from blasting something too close...including enemies. Other than Metro, I don't really see much advantage.
post #7743 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

I'm on about Service Star 15 with USAS, so I have some experience with it. I don't see why frag rounds are supposedly so great. Regular old buckshot seems to get me more actual kills than frag, not to mention how many "suicides" I have from blasting something too close...including enemies. Other than Metro, I don't really see much advantage.

We were on Metro and Siene. My thing I hate about them is when a lot of guys are using it and you get bombarded by them. You get suppressed like crazy and then die due to the splash damage. When you encounter 8 guys doing that on Metro, it's horrible.

post #7744 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 10:14 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

Yeah, I hate running into whole teams using that particular setup. The only time I equip it is to shoot at pesky scout choppers. It works wonders on them and allows you to take the chopper once you shoot them out of it. I know MPH and I have done this on quite a few occasions.
post #7745 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 10:25 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms987 View Post

Yeah, I hate running into whole teams using that particular setup. The only time I equip it is to shoot at pesky scout choppers. It works wonders on them and allows you to take the chopper once you shoot them out of it. I know MPH and I have done this on quite a few occasions.

I think LMG's should be able to damage scout and attack choppers to a degree. I still have yet to unlock frag rounds, have no idea how far away I am. I rarely find myself in a situation where using a shotgun would be beneficial to me. I try and take people out with a bit of distance and don't often try to get close to my enemies.

Last night I was getting really frustrated on that Seine map. I died from this dues claymore at least 4 times. Can you actually see enemy C4 and claymores without them being spotted?

360 GT = Atlienzz
PS3 GT = Atlienzz1979
post #7746 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlienzz View Post

Last night I was getting really frustrated on that Seine map. I died from this dues claymore at least 4 times. Can you actually see enemy C4 and claymores without them being spotted?

Yes

post #7747 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Don't forget you can crouch and get through them. Or the USAS w/frag rounds blows them up.

Also, LMG and other small arms will shoot the pilot out of the scout chopper...
post #7748 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 12:13 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Quote:

Really close in the frags rounds are no better than your other options and can be argued worse bc of splash damage to yourself. What really makes the frag rounds good is that they stay grouped together in a tight pattern for medium to long range, where the other rounds arent effective (exception slugs). This results in the USAS w frags being a very effective gun for almost every situation, close, med, and long ranges and around blind corners. Put that on top of a bunch of players using it, things become ridiculous. The key skill is adjusting for the bullet drop, like Zath has mentioned before.

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #7749 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

Really close in the frags rounds are no better than your other options and can be argued worse bc of splash damage to yourself. What really makes the frag rounds good is that they stay grouped together in a tight pattern for medium to long range, where the other rounds arent effective (exception slugs). This results in the USAS w frags being a very effective gun for almost every situation, close, med, and long ranges and around blind corners. Put that on top of a bunch of players using it, things become ridiculous. The key skill is adjusting for the bullet drop, like Zath has mentioned before.

Makes sense, however, I haven't noticed much bullet drop. I've targeted something from what seems to be about 50-100 yards out (is that considered med or long? ) and they seem to hit just about where I want/expect it to. I suppose I'm not too much of an expert at ranged anything...it seems that 95% or more of my battles are up close and personal, at least when I'm not in a vehicle.
post #7750 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
JetBlack and I discovered a fun new mini-game to play when you're in a chopper playing CQ, it's called Jihad Jeep target practice. Essentially you locate an enemy Jihad Jeep and see whether the pilot or the gunner can take him out, bonus points for how many anti-explosive ribbons you get.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #7751 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 05:26 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Makes sense, however, I haven't noticed much bullet drop. I've targeted something from what seems to be about 50-100 yards out (is that considered med or long? ) and they seem to hit just about where I want/expect it to. I suppose I'm not too much of an expert at ranged anything...it seems that 95% or more of my battles are up close and personal, at least when I'm not in a vehicle.

Yeah I almost edited my post to say frags wouldn't benefit you, since you would only use small arms within 5 feet of your tank.

I don't don't know what's considered med or long either. If they show up small in my red dot fov then that's medium, if they are really small in my red dot fov then they are long distance.

post #7752 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

JetBlack and I discovered a fun new mini-game to play when you're in a chopper playing CQ, it's called Jihad Jeep target practice. Essentially you locate an enemy Jihad Jeep and see whether the pilot or the gunner can take him out, bonus points for how many anti-explosive ribbons you get.

I have a new mini-game I play with choppers. I C4 the Hell out of the Transport chopper (which is worthless to me...a vehicle that the pilot can't shoot in, wtf?) and go find the Attack chopper. Not the easiest, since the heli is hard to line up against the other while getting shot, but once you do, it's HAMMERTIME!
post #7753 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 94
FYI - the Gunslinger achievement is glitched. You need 10 kills with each of the 10 Karkand weapons, then 10 kills in one round with the FAMAS.
post #7754 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Quote:

I have a new mini-game I play with choppers. I C4 the Hell out of the Transport chopper (which is worthless to me...a vehicle that the pilot can't shoot in, wtf?) and go find the Attack chopper. Not the easiest, since the heli is hard to line up against the other while getting shot, but once you do, it's HAMMERTIME!

I just started doing this the other night. Its the only use I found for that chopper. I've been having fun with it also. I destroy tanks as well, that usually means a suicide for me though. Well worth the death though.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #7755 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I just started doing this the other night. Its the only use I found for that chopper. I've been having fun with it also. I destroy tanks as well, that usually means a suicide for me though. Well worth the death though.

Another fun thing to do with this worthless turd of a "bird" is; C4 it, land it, wait for idiots to take it...BOOM!
post #7756 of 16247 Old 03-02-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

FYI - the Gunslinger achievement is glitched. You need 10 kills with each of the 10 Karkand weapons, then 10 kills in one round with the FAMAS.

Been that way for a loooooonnnnngggg time now, but probably good to remind those that weren't around at the beginning.
post #7757 of 16247 Old 03-03-2012, 02:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:

Another fun thing to do with this worthless turd of a "bird" is; C4 it, land it, wait for idiots to take it...BOOM!

Awesome. I can't wait to do that.
post #7758 of 16247 Old 03-03-2012, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Ugh, had a horrible bout of games last night, we couldn't win a game to save our life. I blame a lot of it on having really bad random teammates, but I wasn't exactly having stellar performances either.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #7759 of 16247 Old 03-03-2012, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 222
So my little hometown of Crittenden, Ky got hit pretty hard yesterday by a tornado (maybe two actually) and very strong winds. I and my family members in northern Kentucky were very fortunate in that for us it was only a fairly chaotic and humbling experience with no harm coming to us.

Our tristate area of Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio got hit pretty hard. Somewhat fortunately it was mainly in smaller towns.

In seeing some national news this morning I see that this system has devasted many other states in the south, south east and is still going. Apparently the lack of cold air and winter conditions (which I can vouch for) combined with hot air coming up from the south (like Florida) is what has caused all of this.

The tornados here were followed by tennis ball to softball size hail (which I did not see as well either).

Trees on my street, and in the surrounding areas were snapped like twigs, or completely toppled over, uprooted. Houses ripped apart or demolished within just a few minutes of mine and across the tristate.

Stories of the debris (like receipts) landing in peoples yards that originated from 150 to 300 miles away.

Supposedly a nice guy that I work with but do not know, who lives about 5 to 6 miles from me had his house completely destroyed while he was in it. To survive he laid over top of his wife and daughter as he was getting hit in the back with, basically his home.

Like I said, I feel very fortunate. My thoughts go out to those not so furtunate.
post #7760 of 16247 Old 03-03-2012, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

So my little hometown of Crittenden, Ky got hit pretty hard yesterday by a tornado (maybe two actually) and very strong winds. I and my family members in northern Kentucky were very fortunate in that for us it was only a fairly chaotic and humbling experience with no harm coming to us.

Our tristate area of Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio got hit pretty hard. Somewhat fortunately it was mainly in smaller towns.

In seeing some national news this morning I see that this system has devasted many other states in the south, south east and is still going. Apparently the lack of cold air and winter conditions (which I can vouch for) combined with hot air coming up from the south (like Florida) is what has caused all of this.

The tornados here were followed by tennis ball to softball size hail (which I did not see as well either).

Trees on my street, and in the surrounding areas were snapped like twigs, or completely toppled over, uprooted. Houses ripped apart or demolished within just a few minutes of mine and across the tristate.

Stories of the debris (like receipts) landing in peoples yards that originated from 150 to 300 miles away.

Supposedly a nice guy that I work with but do not know, who lives about 5 to 6 miles from me had his house completely destroyed while he was in it. To survive he laid over top of his wife and daughter as he was getting hit in the back with, basically his home.

Like I said, I feel very fortunate. My thoughts go out to those not so furtunate.

Good to hear things are well. Town in south part of Illinois got smashed the other day too. I tend to forget we're all over the place, the wonders of the Internet. Looks like mother nature is laying out payback for a mild winter.
post #7761 of 16247 Old 03-03-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Glad you're ok, MPH!
post #7762 of 16247 Old 03-03-2012, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

thats crazy glad everyone is ok

XBL : lowgn
post #7763 of 16247 Old 03-03-2012, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Glad you're ok, MPH!

I'll second that.

Scary to think how susceptible we all are to natural disasters. Hurricanes, tornado's, earthquakes... no joke.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
post #7764 of 16247 Old 03-03-2012, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

My wife was a teacher at Pleasant Grove, AL last year and the town was hit by a tornado (the same one that went through Tuscaloosa) , it was absolutely nuts. Glad you're all safe, the recovery time is rough but come it shall.

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #7765 of 16247 Old 03-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Very good to hear that you were so fortunate and avoided an injury or property damage.

This winter has been absolutely crazy. I live in southeastern Wisconsin, and we've had only 2 snow storms worth mentioning and I don't think we've gone below 0 at all. Very strange weather - tornadoes in winter, WTF.

post #7766 of 16247 Old 03-03-2012, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 513
2nd hatemail tonight complaining about my USAS. Replied that it must suck being mediocre. Oh yea 15 USAS service rank!!! Woohoo!!!
post #7767 of 16247 Old 03-03-2012, 06:49 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Glad y'all are ok mph. The south east is notorious for night time tornadoes. Last April was pretty bad down here. Hopefully this year mother nature will be a little easier on us.

post #7768 of 16247 Old 03-04-2012, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #7769 of 16247 Old 03-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

2nd hatemail tonight complaining about my USAS. Replied that it must suck being mediocre. Oh yea 15 USAS service rank!!! Woohoo!!!

How does not using the USAS make you mediocre exactly?

Xbox Gamertag: matteoms

Official Member of the Joy Puke Your Face Off Club.
post #7770 of 16247 Old 03-04-2012, 01:01 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatteoMS View Post

How does not using the USAS make you mediocre exactly?

It doesn't. 15 service star with the USAS = mediocre player who don't know how to aim. I wouldn't brag about it.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page