Battlefield 3 - Page 265 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7921 of 16247 Old 03-13-2012, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 713
i hope whoever works in BF3 marketing gets paid well because they have some of the best trailers for games/dlc i think i have ever seen...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7922 of 16247 Old 03-13-2012, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 214
I understand why ya quit right after joining Razor. I do. But, as snake said we had beat them like 3 times in a row I think. But going up against 2 to 3 heli's and tanks and javelins trying to leave the carrier does get stupid. At first I didn't know they were up on the carrier. So I spawned there to try to stop their soon to be air superiority. Guess I should have spawned on land.

Actually here is my point of view at the end of that game. (...and apparently I am a horrible shot with the USAS...and a little slow to line up my shots...I think I should have got snake and that may have prevented the rage quit.)

Oh and I need ECM for the Scout heli's bad. Like real bad.

post #7923 of 16247 Old 03-13-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayook View Post

First the CQ DLC now this...argh.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...iption-models/

And I also read that the private "rent-a-servers" may cost upwards to $300 a year.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/...-300-per-year/

I wouldn't have a problem paying a subscription...however companies have a habit of charging more and providing less. Was reading an IGN article about how the COD Elite service was. As usual, overpriced, over promised, and under done. Clans are a joke I guess, you don't directly compete, you use stats and are told weeks later if you won.

If BF goes subscription based they better include the game, patches, and all DLC for the price. Start nickel and diming me like cell phone companies or cable and I'm liable to tell em all too eff off. Getting real sick of "maximizing revenue streams" at the cost of what I see as value.

And another thing, Dragon Age killed Mass Effect 2 for me. The blatant buy this quest to continue was irritating. Unlimited levels? Yea, except limited creatures until u buy DLC. What a crock. Now I read that ME3 dev is out yelling at its customers cuz they are hating on day 1 DLC. Remarkable!

I can see the benefits of a subscription model. Only bad thing is so many other companies screw it up so any mention gets hackles raised. Let's hope EA/Dice learn other peoples lessons.
post #7924 of 16247 Old 03-13-2012, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 71
dragon age killed me2? not sure I understand why...

I've played both and haven't noticed "buy this to continue" in either game. Maybe you mean Dragon Age 2?

Zath soaring school:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Remember Nexus

post #7925 of 16247 Old 03-13-2012, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
From Game Informer

"With no vehicles or large open expanses, these maps will be popular Team Deathmatch destinations, but Bach says all four maps support every pre-existing gameplay mode, plus a brand new one the studio isn't revealing just yet. To keep these more intimate encounters from feeling overcrowded, DICE is also dropping the player count. Sorry PC players, but there are no 64-player matches in this expansion pack."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-personal.aspx

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #7926 of 16247 Old 03-13-2012, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

dragon age killed me2? not sure I understand why...

I've played both and haven't noticed "buy this to continue" in either game. Maybe you mean Dragon Age 2?

In the first DA there was always a quest out there asking me to buy it. I'd forget and click on it only to travel and be reminded I hadn't bought it...why it killed ME2 for me was the quest I couldn't shut off and that it was artificially limited level wise even though they said unlimited levels. Guess i could have worded that better.

After getting irritated at DA I started hearing how ME2 was going to have a couple hundred dollars of DLC and I just checked out of it. Did get it second hand but my ME1 save was corrupt and I just took it as a sign to not bother. Really wanna know the story though. Now their releasing day 1 DLC for ME3 and getting upset people don't like it. I will say I may not have 100% correct info. I played DA1 and only read about subsequent ME titles.
post #7927 of 16247 Old 03-13-2012, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

From Game Informer

"With no vehicles or large open expanses, these maps will be popular Team Deathmatch destinations, but Bach says all four maps support every pre-existing gameplay mode, plus a brand new one the studio isn't revealing just yet. To keep these more intimate encounters from feeling overcrowded, DICE is also dropping the player count. Sorry PC players, but there are no 64-player matches in this expansion pack."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-personal.aspx

CQ could get interesting if they are set up like a triangle. Talk about choke points everywhere as well.

GT: damnsnake

post #7928 of 16247 Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Rightintel = GeneralPatt0n

I use Southpaw. The switching thing happens to me, too. Though I'm just so used to it now it doesn't phase me (as much).

It's actually General PATT0N...sinner...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #7929 of 16247 Old 03-13-2012, 07:49 PM

Liked: 10
Haha thanks for catching my rage on video MPH, too bad you didn't capture the audio along with seeing me drop from party.

Sorry to those that were in that game, as I think Snake pointed out, I just joined in at the wrong time. Granted, I don't think I've ever played CQ on Canals, so I didn't know what I was getting into. 3 spawns in the little bird as soon as it popped up, and 3 insta-camp kills by some guy with a USAS on our carrier. The third time it was a guy jumping out of their helo onto ours, and I lost it. Couldn't move from the spawn at all, and dammit all if that was just not extremely frustrating.

That must have been my quickest session ever lol...sat down, joined the game, 5 minutes later rage-quit for the night haha. Oh well, got some homework done anyhow.

MPH--as far as my play-style, I'm pretty much an idiot...run-and-gun/arm the objective above all else type of player, been that way since BC2. Doesn't tend to do wonders for the K/D, but that's just me I guess hehe...ask Bar0n.

XBL: R a Z o R 2257
post #7930 of 16247 Old 03-13-2012, 07:55 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

Check your logic.
"Inflation" would cause your .02USD to be worth less, not more.
Dur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Which is why he had to give his 4 cents, 2 wouldn't have been enough to cover it.

No. no, no. My opinion is worth 4 cents now, not 2. You guys pay me for my thoughts.
post #7931 of 16247 Old 03-13-2012, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

600+ C4 kills!! I'm about done unlocking support gun stuff, may have to start on all kit weapons next. Just to keep the C4 rollin!
post #7932 of 16247 Old 03-13-2012, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
^^ niceeeeee. I just recently started c4 trolling and i'm loving it. Its a good thing you can't fully customize kits cause it and the m16 would never leave my hands.

GT: damnsnake

post #7933 of 16247 Old 03-13-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

600+ C4 kills!! I'm about done unlocking support gun stuff, may have to start on all kit weapons next. Just to keep the C4 rollin!

Yeah, we had some C4 fun, playing with Guttersniper and mph. I kept hearing, "Load me up...okay...NOW!" Tons of Jihad jeeps and Vodniks rolling along. You guys remind me not to take the game too seriously.

Still can't believe I went a whole Damavand match with nothing but C4, getting 12 kills along the way. In fact, over the course of the entire day, I used only; C4, MAV, and air vehicles...except for our one game of Metro, I don't think I even pulled out a gun more than 2-3 times. Been trying some wonky tactics since saving the galaxy on ME3. Fun stuff!
post #7934 of 16247 Old 03-14-2012, 01:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

But frag rounds are, as everybody knows, impolite to use.". I believe that was his exact statement.

Too funny. I'm thinking it'll be fun to blast frag rounds down the hallways of those close quarters maps.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #7935 of 16247 Old 03-14-2012, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Is smaller better? Battlefield 3 dev discusses Close Quarters DLC
By Russ Frushtick on March 13, 2012 09:00 am

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...-dlc-interview

Quote:
When people think of the Battlefield franchise, there's a pretty clear image of what pops into their heads. Massive maps and vehicle combat have been the defining staples of Battlefield games since 1942. But, despite a loyal fanbase, EA's flagship shooter hasn't yet managed to topple the reigning king of the online FPS: Call of Duty. That franchise has very different tenets: small maps with a focus on infantry combat.

One can't help but think that Battlefield's next DLC pack, "Close Quarters," is an attempt to make the game more friendly to fans of Call of Duty. Instead of massive, sweeping maps with tanks and jets, "Close Quarters" will offer up four small, corridor-heavy maps which encourage considerably more running and/or gunning.

In an interview with Vox Games, Patrick Bach, the executive producer at DICE, explained why they made the change.

"We wanted to see how far we can push the infantry experience and make it really tight and really intense," said Bach.

He admitted that he was prepared for some skepticism about the pack.

"I'm sure that fans will raise an eyebrow or two when they see this pack, because it's not what people expect when they hear Battlefield. But we know that playing Team Deathmatch, in Battlefield, on our tight infantry maps that we had in the vanilla Battlefield 3, they are really, really popular. We can see the need and the urge for more of these maps."

It's hard to say whether the desire for this sort of gameplay came straight from the fans or whether it's EA and DICE attempting to nab a larger fanbase, but there's no denying that it's quite a lot of fun. I spent 30 minutes playing one of the four maps in "Close Quarters" and found the increased pace refreshing. Set in a sparsely decorated penthouse (with hints of Swedish design!), there was a considerable amount of additional destruction, with walls exploding from grenade shrapnel, adding some new tactics as the round proceeded.

Not to belabor a point, but it didn't feel like Battlefield. It was pure chaos. None of my lives lasted much longer than 30 seconds, which made coordinating with squadmates just about impossible. It was fun and fast-paced, but is this sort of gun-slinging what Battlefield fans are looking for?

If not, those same fans will be pleased to know that there's another DLC pack waiting in the wings. "Armored Kill" is planned for a fall release and will focus on - you guessed it! - massive maps and vehicular combat.

post #7936 of 16247 Old 03-14-2012, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Yeah, we had some C4 fun, playing with Guttersniper and mph. I kept hearing, "Load me up...okay...NOW!" Tons of Jihad jeeps and Vodniks rolling along. You guys remind me not to take the game too seriously.

Still can't believe I went a whole Damavand match with nothing but C4, getting 12 kills along the way. In fact, over the course of the entire day, I used only; C4, MAV, and air vehicles...except for our one game of Metro, I don't think I even pulled out a gun more than 2-3 times. Been trying some wonky tactics since saving the galaxy on ME3. Fun stuff!

The nights progression was interesting to see. I started out on my own a few games and kept losing. MPH comes along, and while we still lost a few, you could tell things were turning around. When Gutter joined we were winning, with Spyder we were dominating. A full communicating squad against a disorganized team will absolutely crush. Metro was a win, good fight but a win nonetheless. I think by the time our squad was full we would take all the objectives and pound em into their base within a couple minutes.
post #7937 of 16247 Old 03-14-2012, 06:03 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

The nights progression was interesting to see. I started out on my own a few games and kept losing. MPH comes along, and while we still lost a few, you could tell things were turning around. When Gutter joined we were winning, with Spyder we were dominating. A full communicating squad against a disorganized team will absolutely crush. Metro was a win, good fight but a win nonetheless. I think by the time our squad was full we would take all the objectives and pound em into their base within a couple minutes.

Yeah, fun games last night, always nice to have a full squad. Congrats again on the C4 kills and apologies to Spyder for swapping him my funky QBB with holo sight

XBL: GutterSnipeR   PSN: Guttahhh
post #7938 of 16247 Old 03-14-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:

Yeah, we really were crushing them. I don't know if those guys were crazy bad, or we were just playing really well, but it was a slaughter. I mean, we finished Tehran in under 9 minutes! That's really quick. Seeing you guys with their vehicles on Noshar (we were US side) just minutes in was amazing. Even Metro, where it felt like they put up a fight towards the end, we still ended up winning by 100+ tickets if I recall correctly.

That was the most fun I've had on BF3 in quite a while.
post #7939 of 16247 Old 03-14-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drudiggs View Post

Yeah, fun games last night, always nice to have a full squad. Congrats again on the C4 kills and apologies to Spyder for swapping him my funky QBB with holo sight

lol. At least you pointed me to a different gun on the ground.

Interesting to see what other people use. That gun didn't shoot too badly, but the vertical climb is ridiculous. I've used the QBB, but never put a sight on it. It's nuts to see a weapon that takes up 85% of the screen from top to bottom!

Maybe I should play around a bit more with the weapons. Once I picked up the USAS just days after launch, I fell in love...and this was long before everyone started using frag on it. In fact, I took my frag off a while back, since I kill myself often with them.
post #7940 of 16247 Old 03-14-2012, 07:12 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

lol. At least you pointed me to a different gun on the ground.

Interesting to see what other people use. That gun didn't shoot too badly, but the vertical climb is ridiculous. I've used the QBB, but never put a sight on it. It's nuts to see a weapon that takes up 85% of the screen from top to bottom!

Maybe I should play around a bit more with the weapons. Once I picked up the USAS just days after launch, I fell in love...and this was long before everyone started using frag on it. In fact, I took my frag off a while back, since I kill myself often with them.

Yeah, you definitely have to burst fire that one. I can't wait to unlock all of the attachments and move on to another gun. I'm on a mission to unlock all attachments for all weapons.

XBL: GutterSnipeR   PSN: Guttahhh
post #7941 of 16247 Old 03-14-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drudiggs View Post

Yeah, you definitely have to burst fire that one. I can't wait to unlock all of the attachments and move on to another gun. I'm on a mission to unlock all attachments for all weapons.

Seems alot of people are on that same mission. I, for one, am not. Too many wonky guns out there for me to go through that. Maybe if there were an achievement for it or to unlock something else, but...

Still laughing about the guy with "Mormon Bukkake" as his gamertag.
post #7942 of 16247 Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Oh and I need ECM for the Scout heli's bad. Like real bad.

Makes a huge difference.

Also, you're likely only 500K from getting on the world leaderboards right now. Not that it matters much, but something to look forward to, at least.

If anyone else is interested, it's going to take about 8,000,000 points to get in the top 10,000.
post #7943 of 16247 Old 03-14-2012, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Seems alot of people are on that same mission. I, for one, am not. Too many wonky guns out there for me to go through that. Maybe if there were an achievement for it or to unlock something else, but...

Still laughing about the guy with "Mormon Bukkake" as his gamertag.

Trying to get all the attachments for each gun forces you to try new things and is what my goal was. If I can manage that, I'll start shooting for 500 kills each gun. Lofty goal though. 70+ guns plus another 10 in the expansion is pretty ridiculous amount of carnage to go through. Looks like around 25k kills just to unlock current weapons unlocks. I've got 10k or so with everything I've used so far....long hill to climb.

Correction: out of 75 weapons, ~26 are pistols, rockets, knives, etc and cannot have unlocks. So 56 remain and at an average of 350 kills each for all the unlocks ends up around 17k kills total. Probably less since several guns don't need 350.
post #7944 of 16247 Old 03-14-2012, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 416
I've started to unlock all the dog tags for each weapon. 8 guns in so far. With about 125 left for the 9th. It does get interesting as you use certain guns differently and you learn to adapt.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #7945 of 16247 Old 03-14-2012, 02:02 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by R a Z o R 2257 View Post

MPH--as far as my play-style, I'm pretty much an idiot...run-and-gun/arm the objective above all else type of player, been that way since BC2. Doesn't tend to do wonders for the K/D, but that's just me I guess hehe...ask Bar0n.

Ha! Many a time I wondered how the devil you pulled off some of those MCOM arms...a combination of being brave & suicidal I always thought. We got some real clutch wins because of you...and you were normally the first to say "smoke time guys" when things were getting hairy.

You'd have been proud of my MCOM arming this game, Razor:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5/2/253932176/
All I did was drive Operator around in the Amtrac arming as he killed

XBL: Bar0n Br0wn

post #7946 of 16247 Old 03-14-2012, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 214
For some reason I didn't have too many good clips from yesterday. I guess mainly because I wasnt the one using C4.

I like these two here where the C4'ers got there kills. I have some more I think I will put up though.

post #7947 of 16247 Old 03-14-2012, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:

A full communicating squad against a disorganized team will absolutely crush.

No Kidding. The last month and a half I've been only playing on the weekends, and always with at least a couple of the AVS crew. In that time, 103 wins and 12 losses. AVS squads definitely crush, and a little too much a lot of the time.

I also got an Ace Squad Medal for the 12th time last weekend too. Think I was playing with Lowgn, Snake, and MPH at the time.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #7948 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hey MP, that C4 thing is crazy. Does it have to be placed in the front? I guess it has to be your team mates C4 and not your own?
post #7949 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 71
HK, go back a couple pages and watch the videos I posted.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post21757144

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #7950 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
when I first was watching felt wrong cause Nexus was in the game but not partaking in the C4 antics, glad it was addressed by the end of the video lol

XBL : lowgn
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page