post #7951 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

The nights progression was interesting to see. I started out on my own a few games and kept losing. MPH comes along, and while we still lost a few, you could tell things were turning around. When Gutter joined we were winning, with Spyder we were dominating. A full communicating squad against a disorganized team will absolutely crush. Metro was a win, good fight but a win nonetheless. I think by the time our squad was full we would take all the objectives and pound em into their base within a couple minutes.

Yeah, communicating and running together works. I will put up some more videos of this night being an example, I guess because I want to. I liked running medic while you guys ran, support. It's just a very good tactic, having a medic behind to revive. Ammo was always available, I was trying to drop med packs at crucial times, and C4 for land vehicles! Add in some tank time and engineer repairs...it's points all around, and solid game play. A couple small doses of spawn beacons helps when it's hairy I suppose, along with staying alive for spawning availability.

This was a match before Gutter and then later Spyder joined. That team seemed very organized. I think that is one of the quickest I have seen the opposing team take flags right out of the gate on Caspian. What was our team doing the whole match exactly??

Edit- Is 150 tickets all each team gets on Caspian usually?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7952 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 370
When you C4 a vehicle and someone else drives it doesn't blow up when you detonate it. Jeeps are small enough it may not matter where you place it, but I'm not sure on Vodniks. If your driving your own C4 laden vehicle and you bail the vehicle is lost.

One thing we could try on Davamand is putting C4 around the Vodnik and driving into a crowd if there's one at B.

Could also C4 a chopper before takeoff and have the pilot get close to the enemy. Only bad thing about C4 is it obviously doesn't take enemy fire well. So it tends to cause more damage than it does.
post #7953 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Oh yeah, I blew up a ZW-11 the other day with frag rounds. They had obviously failed at the heli c4 thing. I don't see how that would work too well. Shiles and I enjoyed the view.
post #7954 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

...This was a match before Gutter and then later Spyder joined. That team seemed very organized. I think that is one of the quickest I have seen the opposing team take flags right out of the gate on Caspian. What was our team doing the whole match exactly??

Edit- Is 150 tickets all each team gets on Caspian usually?

2 minutes is about right for a truly organized team to take control against a disorganized one...maybe even quicker on some maps, especially ones with Jeeps, transport helis, or other quick vehicles.

Yeah, 150 tickets, which bleeds out incredibly quick if the other team is capturing and holding most or all of the objectives. This is in stark contrast to walking maps, where a whopping 250 tickets seems to take forever and a day to get rid of.
post #7955 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
I'm going to C4 everything tonight.
post #7956 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Just want to make sure I'm not alone here..the Battlelog site on iOS (for me, on my iPad), just doesn't work right. My soldier details never do update. I can see the main page, but nothing else after that. Plus no app? A bummer.

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11

post #7957 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 01:24 PM

Liked: 10
You mean people are still playing this game? I haven't seen any of you on recently, maybe a time difference thing. Hope to see you guys on tonight. I've been contemplating sending this back to gamefly, but hopefully I can find some games with you all soon. I like this game too much to send back yet.

360 GT = Atlienzz
PS3 GT = Atlienzz1979
post #7958 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 01:57 PM

Liked: 12
So I was playing a match earlier on Firestorm and I was just with some randoms while I was the gunner in the Havoc. I think I was like 18-0 or something at that point. There wasn't much fight in the air and I see a jet on my radar coming towards us. I rotate to get a few shots off on it to make it fly away and I notice it is flying really slow. I figure it wants to make a longer gun run on us.

Nope. Crashed right into us to take us out. And to my suprise it was spyder. What made it worse is he took my tags later in the match. So spyder I dont know if you joined the match knowing I was in it or if it was just random. But kudos to you. Your tags are now on my must have list.
post #7959 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 54

And the gunner
post #7960 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

EDIT- Okay I redid it now, the 1st version was too painful to me.

And here is a match after Gutter was added, making it 3 of us.

I tried to go for the chopper. Another guy got it, so I hopped out on the enemies flag to start the game off. Then I made the mistake of trying my usual tactics of spawning just at a flag, for a random spawn. Especially in watching the replay, I feel it is more important to spawn of a squadmate if at all possible. Not only does it seem to be a better strategy, but it is definitely more fun much of the time.

Oh and Gutter had some hilarious positions post claymore death that I revived him from.

HK...lol with the C4 craving.

Edit- The very last clip. Gutter communicated to me where the guy was that killed him, allowing me to easily step out, finish off the enemy and revive my squad. That is critical when an assault/medic is trying to clean up and revive. Critical.

Edit- Oh and I am really liking the KH2002. It only has single shot or burst fire. Not sure, but it may be a 3 shot burst. Either way it seems very accurate, and I think the more I use it the more I can use it in close quarters. I need to unlock all the sights that's for sure.

EDIT- Okay I redid it now, the 1st version was too painful to me.
post #7961 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Cool videos Zath, thanks for sharing. Had to hit mute after a while though - that pilot...

-JR
post #7962 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

My schedule sucks now that I've got more commitments Atlientz. But I try and play as much as the wife and schedule allows ought to buy it
post #7963 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Atlienz, why don't you own the game yet?

I agree, it's been a little difficult lately to get much of a team together.
post #7964 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Sorry about the last video fellas. That was extremely painful. I'm redoing it, just using the parts that I like. Ugh.
post #7965 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

I didn't mind watching it.

One thought - seems you are aiming too often, especially up close with your KH2002 and 6x scope. Your reaction time is much faster if you just start panic shooting.
post #7966 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah I am just getting used to that gun. The PSO-1 4x scope is the first unlock. Not my first choice, but I was trying it out. But I can tell that I am going to really like the gun. Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I think I am still overcoming my early misunderstanding of how this game rewards shots. It may be the Halo Reach'er in me too.

Edit- Thanks Zath, though did I redo the video. Basically I think it is, by far, less painful. But the other mode did offer my game in its entirety, which allowed the viewer to fully understand everything. In the end that time it seemed too painful. I'll try to find a happy median in the future.
post #7967 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms987 View Post

So I was playing a match earlier on Firestorm and I was just with some randoms while I was the gunner in the Havoc. I think I was like 18-0 or something at that point. There wasn't much fight in the air and I see a jet on my radar coming towards us. I rotate to get a few shots off on it to make it fly away and I notice it is flying really slow. I figure it wants to make a longer gun run on us.

Nope. Crashed right into us to take us out. And to my suprise it was spyder. What made it worse is he took my tags later in the match. So spyder I dont know if you joined the match knowing I was in it or if it was just random. But kudos to you. Your tags are now on my must have list.

It was a random series of events, I promise. It doesn't show me who's in a chopper, so if you don't put the lotion in the basket then you get the hose again just like everyone else. The fact that you got rammed is due to the fact that I hate, hate, HATE choppers. If I can't shoot them down pretty quick or they're raping my team, I'll try to push them into the dirt. Usually, if I'm going slow enough, I can "gently" ram them, making them flip and crash while I only take damage and fly off into the sunset.

Odd that I got your tags, since I don't go for them very often. Were you sniping? Only thing I hate more than choppers is snipers. Probably 95% of my dogtags are from snipes.
post #7968 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 06:29 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

It was a random series of events, I promise. It doesn't show me who's in a chopper, so if you don't put the lotion in the basket then you get the hose again just like everyone else. The fact that you got rammed is due to the fact that I hate, hate, HATE choppers. If I can't shoot them down pretty quick or they're raping my team, I'll try to push them into the dirt. Usually, if I'm going slow enough, I can "gently" ram them, making them flip and crash while I only take damage and fly off into the sunset.

Odd that I got your tags, since I don't go for them very often. Were you sniping? Only thing I hate more than choppers is snipers. Probably 95% of my dogtags are from snipes.

Yeah, I usually try to bump and run with the jets too. Very rarely do I crash myself.

No, I wasn't sniping. You just got me while I was shooting someone else.

All that aside, I just finished a round of Metro (Conquest) where some people on their team glitched under the map at Flag C. I couldn't figure out how to kill them. Tryed C4 but it didn't work. So they kept capping the flag and killing anyone who got near it. Of course they were using the USAS/Frag combo but they weren't killing themselves with the explosions. We still won but it was annoying.
post #7969 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms987 View Post

Yeah, I usually try to bump and run with the jets too. Very rarely do I crash myself.

No, I wasn't sniping. You just got me while I was shooting someone else.

All that aside, I just finished a round of Metro (Conquest) where some people on their team glitched under the map at Flag C. I couldn't figure out how to kill them. Tryed C4 but it didn't work. So they kept capping the flag and killing anyone who got near it. Of course they were using the USAS/Frag combo but they weren't killing themselves with the explosions. We still won but it was annoying.

Ugh glitches, cheaters....why I absolutely hate COD now. Must be transplants from that. Hope Dice patches that before it gets out of hand.
post #7970 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 07:38 PM

I'm not sure if I'm slow and the rest of you guys already saw this but...cautiously optimistic after reading this:

http://bf3blog.com/2012/03/battlefie...certification/

Holding my breath for a pre-April patch.
post #7971 of 16247 Old 03-15-2012, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar0n View Post

I'm not sure if I'm slow and the rest of you guys already saw this but...cautiously optimistic after reading this:

Woody sported!
post #7972 of 16247 Old 03-16-2012, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar0n View Post

Yeah not that slow it was just announced earlier this week in an gameinformer interview here are highlights -

Quote:

But even before the first map pack releases in June, DICE has several other Battlefield 3 enhancements nearly ready for deployment. Executive producer Patrick Bach says a huge patch featuring several requested tweaks is going through certification right now with Microsoft and Sony, and the studio plans to roll out a server rental program in the coming months

With no vehicles or large open expanses, these maps will be popular Team Deathmatch destinations, but Bach says all four maps support every pre-existing gameplay mode, plus a brand new one the studio isn't revealing just yet. To keep these more intimate encounters from feeling overcrowded, DICE is also dropping the player count...

XBL : lowgn
post #7973 of 16247 Old 03-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Advanced Member

post #7974 of 16247 Old 03-16-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foosinho View Post

Very nice edit. The sounds match the gameplay perfectly. I don't know what to say about the last 8 seconds though.
post #7975 of 16247 Old 03-16-2012, 10:09 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberrust11 View Post

Just want to make sure I'm not alone here..the Battlelog site on iOS (for me, on my iPad), just doesn't work right. My soldier details never do update. I can see the main page, but nothing else after that. Plus no app? A bummer.

It works ok for me. I don't know what iOS I have. Some of the functionality doesn't work on battlelog. But I can see my soldier stats, weapon and vehicle stats.
The site seems to run slow and some of the clickable icons don't work on iOS as they would on my pc.

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #7976 of 16247 Old 03-16-2012, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

It works ok for me. I don't know what iOS I have. Some of the functionality doesn't work on battlelog. But I can see my soldier stats, weapon and vehicle stats.
The site seems to run slow and some of the clickable icons don't work on iOS as they would on my pc.

Meant to comment on this yesterday and forgot. My iPhone works fine, some things like ribbons and medals aren't clickable and it's a tad slow, but works good enough to use. It sucks that they they cant be bothered to at least announce that the app is dead.

Couldn't sleep again last night so this time I got up and played some TDM. That was really fun. I may have to get some time in on that this weekend. I keep forgetting that mode is there.

Caspian TDM map is ginormous! It's based around D on CQ I think it is, goes over to the bridge towards A and almost over to B. lots of cover for snipers and flanking or you can hole up in the buildings. I've played that map on TDM before but hadn't explored out past the buildings to see where the boundaries were.
post #7977 of 16247 Old 03-16-2012, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foosinho View Post

Nice. Anyone else recognize the game?
post #7978 of 16247 Old 03-16-2012, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Sounds like Contra to me.
post #7979 of 16247 Old 03-16-2012, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

winner!
post #7980 of 16247 Old 03-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

I'm just impressed someone spent as much time as they did mixing the sound for that video.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page