post #8402 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

That is a nice video ahartig. But one thing I noticed was this. I don't think I can research it now but from what I remember the symthic site that had all the nice breakdowns of everything battlefield had a large disparity between equipping solo suppress vs. Squad suppress. Like to the tune of squad suppress being twice or three times more effective than solo suppress. IDK.

Ya, it would be nice if DICE just came out and told us. I guess the video really needs some more testing done to be totally accurate, because as it stands, it seems that the SUPR spec does zilch

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #8403 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 215
I might have to do my own test because I am under the impression that this had always been the case with individual suppress but that squad suppress differs from that. Basically it was an error or a glitch.
post #8404 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 02:56 PM

Liked: 10
Been having some weird issues with scout helicopter and locks. Mainly, my ECM jammer seems to be somehow useless against heat seekers. Maybe I am pressing it too late, I don't know.
When I have laser guided and missiles up.. a flare's release timing is crucial. I don't use flares.. but I wanted to share this. When you are being laser locked by a scout, it is crucial you wait until the missile is fired to flare. It will distract the missile, but it will still seek you out and honestly hit you even if you flared 8 times out of 10. So best advice would be to upgrade to ECM!

For heat seekers however, it seems very important to notice the yellow Lock indicator (heat not laser) and to ECM before missiles are launched. This is counterintuitive to how I'd use flares. Flares, wait to release after solid tone and missile has been launched. Does not seem to be so for ECM though. I have been having marginal success deploying ECM at solid tone before heat seekers are actually launched.

Having said all of this, I have been hit with both laser guided and heat seekers while sitting in my own ECM cloud.. but I guess it's all about odds.
post #8405 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 02:58 PM

To clarify, if you launch flares before guided missile is launched from scout helicopter.. your chances of survival border on 0%.
post #8406 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Munchies View Post

Been having some weird issues with scout helicopter and locks. Mainly, my ECM jammer seems to be somehow useless against heat seekers. Maybe I am pressing it too late, I don't know.
When I have laser guided and missiles up.. a flare's release timing is crucial. I don't use flares.. but I wanted to share this. When you are being laser locked by a scout, it is crucial you wait until the missile is fired to flare. It will distract the missile, but it will still seek you out and honestly hit you even if you flared 8 times out of 10. So best advice would be to upgrade to ECM!

For heat seekers however, it seems very important to notice the yellow Lock indicator (heat not laser) and to ECM before missiles are launched. This is counterintuitive to how I'd use flares. Flares, wait to release after solid tone and missile has been launched. Does not seem to be so for ECM though. I have been having marginal success deploying ECM at solid tone before heat seekers are actually launched.

Having said all of this, I have been hit with both laser guided and heat seekers while sitting in my own ECM cloud.. but I guess it's all about odds.

So use ECM before missiles are locked/launched.

Use flares after missiles have locked/launched.....

But either way there is no guarantee you will survive.

Is it possible for the gunner to launch a flare and the pilot to launch ECM at the same time.....

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #8407 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

So use ECM before missiles are locked/launched.

Use flares after missiles have locked/launched.....

But either way there is no guarantee you will survive.

Is it possible for the gunner to launch a flare and the pilot to launch ECM at the same time.....

I was only referring to Scout choppers. For for Attack heli's.. yeah probably but it's probably best to work in tandem and only do one at a time since gunners flares take I think a full 8 seconds longer to reload than driver's ECM.
post #8408 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Played hardcore today. Definitely doesn't seem as fun to me, as with Southpaw controls, there's no easy way for me to hit down on the left d-pad and look around with the left stick. SO annoying.

Anti-air missiles are amazingly better now than pre-patch. It's not so much the missiles themselves, it's more the people used to running flares. Since flares no longer break the lock, fire one missile, wait for the guy to flare, and fire another immediately. There's no more delay to wait to re-lock. ECM is now king. Period.
post #8409 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

What little hardcore I have played, it seemed like everyone was camping their little area.

What I have noticed with the new patch is that normal mode seems to be a mix of hardcore and normal mode. I am referring to spotting the enemy and him staying lit. I hear my character calling out enemies, but no dorito shows up.

Maybe it was just exclusive to the chopper. But I like it. It is far more challenging. Spamming the back button doesn't light up the whole screen. Even when you spot soldiers and tanks they don't necessarily light up, forcing you to actually acquire the target as opposed to just shooting at an orange triangle.

I think this is a nice balance. I see it as a big change, and for the better.

Last night, in the chopper, I couldn't believe how quickly I was losing track of big ole tanks I had just targeted and disabled. Also I couldn't believe when we were basically surrounded by soldiers, spamming the back button did very little. Basically it made it all way more challenging, which I think plays out better. Just seems like a nice balance.

Also, I'm pretty sure the gunner's gun is less effective against ground soldiers, which is fine.
post #8410 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

Use the Server search function and type DICE

Unfortunately it does not respect your server browser filter on Search tab.

Last time I did this I got servers in Asia fortunately I checked before launched the game. PITA you need to go into server details before you launch, and make sure there's still room for the party before joining...

XBL : lowgn
post #8411 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 43
The patch stated it reduced some initial recoil on the G3...didn't notice a reduction at all. There's also no flash suppressor available for that gun so you can't try that out either. The silencer didn't seem to do the trick...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #8412 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 06:54 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

Use the Server search function and type DICE

Unfortunately, you still have to wade through pages and pages of DICE servers that aren't geared towards what you might like; i.e., if you want a normal vehicular setup on the classic maps, there's a plethora of Assault/TDM/etc servers and BF2 maps, along with Hardcore junking up the search.

I miss the good ol' days of actually playing the game, rather than reading lists.

P.S. Servers vary greatly. I played in one today where my jet felt like a tugboat with dead rudders and a 1/2 horsepower engine. Where I could once make a plane do a glorious dance on air, there have been numerous times that it felt more like performing the Hokey Pokey with two broken legs.
post #8413 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 07:35 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 64
That sucks when you use the search functions for the server browser it ignores your filters. If you're looking for dice vehicle maps I think they called them epic battles. Haven't tried this yet but it's prob worth a try for a normal server with vehicle heavy maps.

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #8414 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Hands down best game I've had so far: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...0/2/222520512/
post #8415 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Hands down best game I've had so far: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...0/2/222520512/

Match time: 1 hour, 36 minutes.

I don't have the patience for that.

Nice job with that game though, Nexus! Lots of vehicle score, but how many C4 kills?
post #8416 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

That sucks when you use the search functions for the server browser it ignores your filters. If you're looking for dice vehicle maps I think they called them epic battles. Haven't tried this yet but it's prob worth a try for a normal server with vehicle heavy maps.

"Epic Battles" wasn't even really all that epic, imo. One of the BF2 maps was on there (forget which one) but there's only one or two tanks per side. "Epic?" Nah.
post #8417 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 10:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Nice job with that game though, Nexus! Lots of vehicle score, but how many C4 kills?

Not a clue...a few if it stuck the next match on Metro was a 5 kill C4 blast, Xbox locked up though, Hapi and Sacklunch too.
post #8418 of 16247 Old 04-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Me neither. I generally have a limited amount of time to play, 2-3 hours mostly. I can't spend it on only two maps. I really wish we had more players on console. Not 64, but 32 would have been a massive upgrade from 24 - especially on a map like Operation Firestorm.

As I play more and more, I'm getting less and less frustrated with the changes made by DICE. The gunplay is growing on me. Bursting seems to be rewarded more so now than before. When I try to hip-fire without a laser sight it's very hit or miss. I think the flash suppressor is my new favorite attachment - I don't have the suppressor equipped on any of my weapons anymore (LMGs have extended mag and/or laser sight for spraying and praying).

The only thing that is really giving me fits is the suppression mechanics. When I'm suppressed, I can't hit the broad side of the barn. It seems that when I am suppressing someone, they can just keep tagging me in the head. I must be losing that DICE roll. It's so frustrating that my bullets don't go where I am aiming. The weak tanks aren't as big of a problem as I thought they would be or felt they were. I think that being able to single-handedly destroy a battle tank is too much, but it's not killing me as much as I thought. It just sucks that you can't be as aggressive any more. I don't want to use the tank as an armored mortar.

I shot down a low flying F35 today, and I disabled a little bird with the noob tube tonight. I am a big fan of the increased damage done by free-fired rockets against jets/helis.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #8419 of 16247 Old 04-07-2012, 12:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Here was a good match, Sacklunch, Hapi, & I vs 5 http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...7/2/222520512/

We won, barely but a W is a W!

1161 C4 kills woot!
post #8420 of 16247 Old 04-07-2012, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

Unfortunately it does not respect your server browser filter on Search tab.

Last time I did this I got servers in Asia fortunately I checked before launched the game. PITA you need to go into server details before you launch, and make sure there's still room for the party before joining...

yeah, I know. I think I stated before if you know what you want to play, its easy cause you just type in EPIC or SKIRMISH...then you get the type of server you want. But you still would have to check location, etc. Filters+Search would the winning combo or a check box for the rentals to turn on or off

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #8421 of 16247 Old 04-07-2012, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hey, does Microsoft still warranty RRoD? I have an older gen version that happened over the weekend.
post #8422 of 16247 Old 04-07-2012, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

Hey, does Microsoft still warranty RRoD? I have an older gen version that happened over the weekend.

Far as I know, it has a three year from purchase warranty for that. Think that's how they work it anyway.
post #8423 of 16247 Old 04-07-2012, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
m16a3+grip+flash suppressor= godlike.

MPH, i need you to do some trolling with me. Full squad, All assault/recon. Running with only knives (certain maps). Lock down a few points with TUGS, reviving and 4 guys knifing. I think this would be pure awesomeness.
post #8424 of 16247 Old 04-07-2012, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah. I'll tell you what. A couple months ago I was playing by myself with randoms in a match of conquest on Seine Crossing. The other team was obviously communicating. A couple guys were playing both as recons and after they took an objective they would go up into the buildings. One would start sniping and the other would camp the front door with a shotty.

I could not let that fly, and that was my demise of the match. It seemed I was trying to root those guys out of different buildings the whole match. Funny thing was one guy would put all of his recon stuff right in the front doorway. You would walk up and that is all you would see. A spawn beacon and a MAV. All lit up like a christmas tree. You couldn't see in the doorway at all. I think it also trips your guy up, or he has trouble walking around it actually.

Anyways those guys owned that match and I loved the tactic. It was infuriating, but I liked and respected it.

Yeah I think your idea of tugs every is a good idea. I'm game. That just sounds funny. You know people would go bananas and they would be storming in there trying to get us out.

I am slightly out of the loop. Why is everyone using flash suppressor all of a sudden?

Edit- and oh, I started using the Kobra T sight the other day. I think it is a keeper. Love how it lines up with the regular iron sights.
post #8425 of 16247 Old 04-07-2012, 09:11 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Sounds like those snipers needed a few RPGs.

post #8426 of 16247 Old 04-07-2012, 09:14 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

I think the flash supressor reduces recoil also

post #8427 of 16247 Old 04-07-2012, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

Sounds like those snipers needed a few RPGs.

I don't know if it still works like it did prepatch, but I've been in those Seine Crossing buildings and found my old support kit gun. It was perfect timing as I had just run out of ammo. So I picked it up drop some ammo, went down laid some claymores, and then went back upstairs and grabbed my current kit, assualt, and started doing some more work. Shiles was there. I got the biggest kick out of that.

I mean really, if that still works, it could be used as a really good tactic by just a couple guys. I mean heck two guys could lay down four claymores, two med packs, two ammo packs, two spawn beacons and two mavs, 12 mines.

Now that I think about it, there is no way Dice would allow that, right? I mean idk if every gun stays out, idk.
post #8428 of 16247 Old 04-07-2012, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Lol. ya a couple guys up in a building with a TUGS can be a pain in the ass.

Yes it does. At least it says it does, dunno. All i know is post patch I switched from heavy barrell to it and wow. Start firing and I get less drift than before. Seriously. It's stupid easy.
post #8429 of 16247 Old 04-08-2012, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

m16a3+grip+flash suppressor= godlike.

MPH, i need you to do some trolling with me. Full squad, All assault/recon. Running with only knives (certain maps). Lock down a few points with TUGS, reviving and 4 guys knifing. I think this would be pure awesomeness.

How would you compare that set-up w/ AEK or F2000? I'm looking for new options since the FAMAS seems ruined for me now...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #8430 of 16247 Old 04-08-2012, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 74
The other day I used USAS with frags on OP Metro. Aside from slower rate of fire, I was still able to do fine with it since I usually single-fired it anyway.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page