Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8702 of 16247 Old 04-18-2012, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 123
I'll try to setup the paypal thing I guess during the next couple days. Do you guys think I should do it via pm, or do you think it would be safe to just put that info right here on the thread?
post #8703 of 16247 Old 04-18-2012, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Just need to post your email address once you setup the account.

I'll sport a month or chip in, whatever you guys decide on.

post #8704 of 16247 Old 04-18-2012, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I'll try to setup the paypal thing I guess during the next couple days. Do you guys think I should do it via pm, or do you think it would be safe to just put that info right here on the thread?

With all the ID theft that's been running around lately, I'd say PM only. You can't be too safe.
post #8705 of 16247 Old 04-18-2012, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 367
post #8706 of 16247 Old 04-19-2012, 12:03 AM
AVS Special Member

"We will deploy an update to all BF3 console game servers on Thursday April 19th. This update is addressing some gameplay bugs that have been reported since the latest big client+server update.

Starting at 10:00 UTC, game servers will be updated one by one. As part of the update, each game server will restart once (and kick out the players currently on it). The entire update process will likely take some hours.

The master servers will remain available; Battlelog will remain available.

Changelist
* Fixed AA missiles not doing damage to vehicles moving at very high speeds
* Fixed TV Missile doing much more damage than it should (it is no longer a 1-hit kill)
* Tweaked tank armor strength
* MAV elevatoring fix, round 2; proning on the MAV will now disable it
* Game server stability fixes"

You have got to be kidding me. What in the world are they talking about with the TV missile. First off it doesn't one hit kill a tank or a transport chopper, it just disables them, usually but you have to hit the tank in the right spot or it won't even disable it. It does one hit kill an attack chopper. As hard as it is to just simply get a hit period, I am shocked that they feel it needs to be nerfed. What ridiculous move. I mean it sounds like they going to render the last unlock for the attack chopper completely useless.

And what about that stupid dart issue.
post #8707 of 16247 Old 04-19-2012, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Maybe the dart issue is on the client side?

TV missile should be a one hit disable to any vehicle. No one uses it as is and now they are just giving you another reason not to. I swear that 'tweaked tank armor strength' is already in effect on some servers - on one server I'll get destroyed within seconds in a tank and another it feels almost like it did pre-patch (although, still impossible to repair). I think if I had my choice, I'd take the paper tank with the old school repair speed.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #8708 of 16247 Old 04-19-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:

"You have got to be kidding me. What in the world are they talking about with the TV missile. First off it doesn't one hit kill a tank or a transport chopper, it just disables them, usually but you have to hit the tank in the right spot or it won't even disable it. It does one hit kill an attack chopper. As hard as it is to just simply get a hit period, I am shocked that they feel it needs to be nerfed. What ridiculous move. I mean it sounds like they going to render the last unlock for the attack chopper completely useless.

And what about that stupid dart issue.

For once, mph, I agree with you in regard to a chopper issue. In my nearly 9,000 deaths, I've never been killed (or even disabled) by it once. After doing some research on it, it seems pretty hard to use (air to air seems nearly impossible) so maybe that's why they didn't feel it too much a loss. In fairness to everyone, they should have nerfed the chopper's regular rocket damage by 50% long, long ago and just left all the other weapons alone or even buffed them slightly.

As for yet another tank "armor tweak," I'm wondering at what point will they simply create a patch where having an enemy just look in its general direction instantly destroys it and everyone within a 50 foot radius.
post #8709 of 16247 Old 04-19-2012, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

For once, mph, I agree with you in regard to a chopper issue. In my nearly 9,000 deaths, I've never been killed (or even disabled) by it once. After doing some research on it, it seems pretty hard to use (air to air seems nearly impossible) so maybe that's why they didn't feel it too much a loss. In fairness to everyone, they should have nerfed the chopper's regular rocket damage by 50% long, long ago and just left all the other weapons alone or even buffed them slightly.

As for yet another tank "armor tweak," I'm wondering at what point will they simply create a patch where having an enemy just look in its general direction instantly destroys it and everyone within a 50 foot radius.

Their actually increasing tank armor this time. Bouncy bouncy bouncy!
post #8710 of 16247 Old 04-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11

Xbox Gamertag: matteoms

Official Member of the Joy Puke Your Face Off Club.
post #8711 of 16247 Old 04-19-2012, 09:48 AM

Liked: 10
My second shot ever with the TV missile was a direct hit on an opposing chopper and an instant kill. This was after the patch. Haven't shot a TV missile since, I prefer guided missile anyway.

Tanks definitely either need to have their armor buffed or the repair tool needs to repair faster. Taking the tanks health away and lowering the repair tool fix time was absolutely ghastly in my opinion. Who needs balance?

And I will say it again, the SKS got a HUGE buff after the patch and you all need to give it a shot. I run the HOLO sight with foregrip and flash suppressor. It's only good for about 50 to 100 yards away but it is BEASTLY. For ranged sniping the L96 is still the way to go.

360 GT = Atlienzz
PS3 GT = Atlienzz1979
post #8712 of 16247 Old 04-19-2012, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Been seeing an ongoing issue...

Played a few games with friends. One of which was painting air targets with the SOFLAM. I wasn't getting the diamond with the dot indicating he had a lock... He was telling me what was painted. For example a chopper, I bust out the Javelin, target the chopper and it gets locked on as usual, but the missile flies straight up as it would if I were locked onto a painted target.

This is very frustrating.... How many kills are we missing out on because of this bug??

Anyone else seeing this??
post #8713 of 16247 Old 04-19-2012, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I've been seeing it in the chopper but it is usually like some of the other optics glitches. I'll switch to 3rd person and back and it fixes it.
I've had it several times do exactly what you are saying, lock but no diamond and my gunners missile locks and hits it just fine.
As far as the javelin.. not sure. but i've also seen it in the tank/citv station. While driving it I've seen the paint but no triangle (and still locked with guided and fired/killed)and in the citv.
post #8714 of 16247 Old 04-19-2012, 04:34 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlienzz View Post

My second shot ever with the TV missile was a direct hit on an opposing chopper and an instant kill.

I hate you

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #8715 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 12:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Funny timing.

Well guys I just got done with my first real "official gaming video". I'm pretty pumped. I just watched it like 5 times, lolz. I have all kinds of footage of different things but haven't had much time to put anything else together.

This idea came out of some, uh, practicing I have been doing lately and it happen to make good video.

I can't seem to get away from the song I chose, and frankly it seemed to fit perfectly, allowing me to put this video together rather quickly even though I'm still figuring the editing software. A lot of nice sounds from the song just seemed to accidentally hit right on cue.

I wanted to get avs'ers in this video very badly, but felt I had to go ahead and try and finish it being I was afraid it had a chance of not ever getting done. Bummed a little bit about that, but really I was mainly practicing and I don't want to waste your all's time.

Oh, please give it more than 33 seconds. (It's only 4 minutes 19 seconds, anyways.)

Enjoy.

post #8716 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Funny timing.

Well guys I just got done with my first real "official gaming video". I'm pretty pumped. I just watched it like 5 times, lolz. I have all kinds of footage of different things but haven't had much time to put anything else together.

This idea came out of some, uh, practicing I have been doing lately and it happen to make good video.

I can't seem to get away from the song I chose, and frankly it seemed to fit perfectly, allowing me to put this video together rather quickly even though I'm still figuring the editing software. A lot of nice sounds from the song just seemed to accidentally hit right on cue.

I wanted to get avs'ers in this video very badly, but felt I had to go ahead and try and finish it being I was afraid it had a chance of not ever getting done. Bummed a little bit about that, but really I was mainly practicing and I don't want to waste your all's time.

Oh, please give it more than 33 seconds. (It's only 4 minutes 19 seconds, anyways.)

Enjoy.

Thats not practice...didn't see many wiffs. Nice job though that looks like fun. Need to get that opened up. We're you taking out the AA gun at one point? Hard to tell on my phone may just have been a tank.
post #8717 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 06:39 AM

That was awesome MPH. I think you've really got that whole tv missle thing figured out. I did not realize you could take out the AA guns with it though. That is pretty sweet.

XBL: bigorangeking

Elite Club of Awesomeness Member

post #8718 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 08:43 AM

First, let me say that video was expertly done, mph. Your editing skills have improved exponentially in such a short time! Great job of matching the music up to the game and providing some really good and varied shots. Well done.

Secondly, I'd like to congratualte you on getting your TVM skills up. Looks like you've mastered the flight path, anticipating the trajectory and speed very well. I know that air targets can be very hard to hit.

That said, I think that DICE has performed the singularly most assinine thing ever in allowing the TVM to obliterate (or even damage) the AA gun. To me, the AA should be untouchable. It should have a 300% buff to its main guns and they should have also had the "alternate weapon" be AA missles rather than the craptacular zoom function.

Why? Because the AA gun is the last bastion of hope for deterring spawnraping by air vehicles. Sitting in the AA gun is a painfully boring and thankless job. On the majority of the maps, your field of view is only that of your own camp and you're unable to affect anything beyond that. To allow the chopper to destroy the AA gun, PARTICULARLY OUT OF LINE OF SIGHT is so far beyond absurd that words can't capture the disdain that people should be feeling.

I ask this: Would it be "sweet" if the AA gun were equipped with a TVM? That one could sit back in the base and shoot down choppers and everything else from halfway across the map and out of line of sight? Would that be fair? Balanced?

Again, I have no issue with the TVM in itself after seeing how difficult is can be to maneuver and perfect. But to allow the chopper to have yet another weapon in its ridiculous arsenal that can now wipe out the last defense against it so incredibly easily is bulls#!t.

Looking forward to watching more vids from you, mph. It will be interesting to see your editing skill develop and evolve over even more time. Pretty soon, you'll be rivaling GamerBros! (The vids that Zath usually posts.)

EDIT: Also, let me make this perfectly clear: This is not a slam against MPH in any way, shape, or form. He's simply using one of the weapons within the context of what the game allows. It is the fact that the game allows it that I take issue with, not the user, whomever it may be.
post #8719 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 310
I do agree with you spyder that the AA should be indestructible and use a major buff on its weapons. Doesnt the AA respawn very quickly? I thought I read somewhere the respawn time is faster than any other vehicle. Either way I agree with spyder. Nerfing the TVM sucks also. If anything make it go a little faster so its harder to control, but leave the strength of it as is.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #8720 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Nice video MPH, and you made that tvm look fun to use.

post #8721 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 10:24 AM

Speaking of the TV missile does it have a range and can it be blown up midflight? Trail and I were trying to take down a chopper last night and I know that three of my shots ended up with the missile disappearing before it even got to the target. I don't know if they shot it down or if it just met the end of it's range. Frustrating to say the least because I thought for sure one of those time it blew up on me about 20 meters before getting a direct hit on the chopper.

And how do you edit the server settings online? The in game server settings are limited from what I can tell. I couldn't find the setting for ticket percentage or how to setup the actual map rotation. I can choose the next map but that's it....and I can only select from the preset set of maps/modes. The reason I ask is because the last couple of nights I've gotten on and and the server had zero people. I thought if I could make it metro with 100 percent tickets we could get some people in there then I would just select the next map each time.

360 GT = Atlienzz
PS3 GT = Atlienzz1979
post #8722 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 10:24 AM

Double post fail....

360 GT = Atlienzz
PS3 GT = Atlienzz1979
post #8723 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlienzz View Post

Speaking of the TV missile does it have a range and can it be blown up midflight? Trail and I were trying to take down a chopper last night and I know that three of my shots ended up with the missile disappearing before it even got to the target. I don't know if they shot it down or if it just met the end of it's range. Frustrating to say the least because I thought for sure one of those time it blew up on me about 20 meters before getting a direct hit on the chopper.

And how do you edit the server settings online? The in game server settings are limited from what I can tell. I couldn't find the setting for ticket percentage or how to setup the actual map rotation. I can choose the next map but that's it....and I can only select from the preset set of maps/modes. The reason I ask is because the last couple of nights I've gotten on and and the server had zero people. I thought if I could make it metro with 100 percent tickets we could get some people in there then I would just select the next map each time.

Yes the TVM has a certain range, or at least the camera does on how far you can control it.

For the server, sounds like you are in the server settings menu from the start menu of the game. You have to go to 'My servers' from the multiplayer menu. From there you can control all aspects of it.

I also have had 0 people the past few nights. Not sure why, maybe more servers than usual. Thats ok though, makes it easier for us to play alone.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #8724 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Spyder I completely get what you are saying.
I'd be fine with the AA being invulnerable as long as they decreased its range. Insert kharg, or caspian and the AA can take air vehicles health down pretty quickly and they aren't anywhere near their base. Hell kharg the AA can really cut off half the map to the chopper if someone is camping/trolling it. Even the US AA on firestorm can reach out and touch ppl over B.
Having said that. I'm under the belief that anything in the game that a player can be in/occupy/use should be destructible. Such as turrets (why do they not have HMG turrets again????), TOW's and AA.
TL;DR - I get both sides, I'm down for AA to not be destructible as long as its effective range is decreased.

Nice video mph! Some very nice shots man.

Atlienz- People say that you can't switch out of the missile but I swear when I hit B it will back out of the missile and let me change. I don't use it enough for a guaranteed answer but it does seem like there is a way to get out of the missle mid flight.
post #8725 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 54
AA needs more oomph. I really like Spyder's idea for AA missiles. Why not - mobile AA has it!

Range is fine. I think the bigger issue isn't so much range, but the terrain blocking the most obvious parts of the map, such as over the base on Damavand, or Firestorm's bases blocked by the mountains. Why in the world would the US army or RU army deploy an AA gun that can't help establish airspace control?!
post #8726 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Thats all fine.. Anything more than it is and it has to die by less than 2 guided missiles though.
If its for airspace control its buffed and dies easier, if its for base control it doesn't die, could be buffed and its range is decreased.
post #8727 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Nice video!
post #8728 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 03:13 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

Atlienz- People say that you can't switch out of the missile but I swear when I hit B it will back out of the missile and let me change. I don't use it enough for a guaranteed answer but it does seem like there is a way to get out of the missle mid flight.

you are correct, if you hit B it will back out of missile view and it looks like the missile keeps going until it hits its range then disappears.

Also when Atl and I were playing, I shot a tv missile at a ground target and it stuck me with a view from under the map looking up after the missile exploded. Very weird and I couldn't back out of that view. Then I started spamming buttons and ended up ejecting myself out of the chopper, and falling to my death.

So a few questions:

How many tv missiles does it take to destroy the stationary AA?

Does the stationary AA respawn?

I tried testing in an empty server and couldn't blow up the AA with the tv missile. Maybe it has to be occupied? C4 didn't work either.

Edit: yes I'm a dork. I went into an empty server and played by myself

post #8729 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 03:14 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

By the way, awesome vid mph. I like how you parked the chopper and shot tv missiles.

post #8730 of 16247 Old 04-20-2012, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah I had tons of those parked videos with good kills, but only put one or two in the video. It is an excellent way to practice.

As far as I know the AA guns dies only after hitting it twice with the TV. It seems to respawn very quickly and I also believe if you only hit it once it regenerates it's health quickly.

I will check to see if you can back out of the tv missile after launch, so far I have not figured it out. I believe the range us good for like 800-1000 meters it then goes blank, I assume it blows up.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page