Battlefield 3 - Page 295 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8821 of 16247 Old 04-26-2012, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I've had nothing but issues trying to destroy equipment - spawn beacons go down rather easily but TUGS and SOFLAM are a PITA. I took three swipes with a knife on a TUGS and then 3 shotgun shells to it (all registered) and it didn't blow up - not sure how many more it would have taken cause all the ruckus I caused got me killed. This happens all the time to me. Retarded. 1 swipe/1 bullet should take out enemy equipment.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8822 of 16247 Old 04-26-2012, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

I've had nothing but issues trying to destroy equipment - spawn beacons go down rather easily but TUGS and SOFLAM are a PITA. I took three swipes with a knife on a TUGS and then 3 shotgun shells to it (all registered) and it didn't blow up - not sure how many more it would have taken cause all the ruckus I caused got me killed. This happens all the time to me. Retarded. 1 swipe/1 bullet should take out enemy equipment.

1 grenade works every time for all equipment.

360 GT = Atlienzz
PS3 GT = Atlienzz1979
post #8823 of 16247 Old 04-26-2012, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlienzz View Post

1 grenade works every time for all equipment.

Or a pack of C4 :P
post #8824 of 16247 Old 04-26-2012, 02:51 PM

Liked: 123
Hey fellas,

While I appreciate being put on the list, it's probably best to count me out of the matches.

After breaking 2 controllers in 2 days last week (one wasn't even 24 hours old; I shattered it, the battery, and the chat pad in one toss) I finally accepted the fact that I completely suck at BF3...particularly post-patch. I couldn't get kills, I couldn't stop getting killed, I lost every single face-to-face shootout. I couldn't survive in tanks anymore. I couldn't shoot down planes. I...suck.

I kept taking consolation in the fact that I was staying ranked, but that's only because of sheer volume of hours played. If everyone here had the same amount of time put in, I'd probably be dead last among all of us. Not to mention that I know that I bring the team's spirits down when I complain or rage...which happens often. I won't deny it, I know my faults.

Still reading the thread, enjoying all the remarks, and particularly the vids. Thinking about maybe playing after a long break, but for now, BF3 has taken up a spot in my shelf. Hell, I had the game in hand at GameStop the other day, and nearly traded it in. They only offered $15, so I kept it. Maybe something like Vietnam will come along and I'll be reborn someday. For now, it's better for everyone (and my heart/mind) if I stay retired.
post #8825 of 16247 Old 04-26-2012, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Yea destroying the soflam is ridiculous in the chopper. Try it in the little bird, impossible most times.

GT: damnsnake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8826 of 16247 Old 04-26-2012, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
New Trailer

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #8827 of 16247 Old 04-26-2012, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

Yea destroying the soflam is ridiculous in the chopper. Try it in the little bird, impossible most times.

Snake-I don't think it is possible. I think it may be a glitch.

Hoosier-That new map looks pretty sweet. Looks kind of big really. But now that I think about it, xbox and ps2 users don't really have to worry about a map being too small do they? Because the maps also have to be large enough for pc users?
post #8828 of 16247 Old 04-26-2012, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 71
It's even more difficult in the jet. Back when Air Radar displayed equipment, I'd smash into the ground on multiple occasions attempting to destroy a stupid soflam.

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #8829 of 16247 Old 04-26-2012, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
so razor messaged.
-We'll just play the rounds all on the avs server. If they complain lag is bad we'll play games there the next time.
-just for fun, would also like to set up weekly pub scrims.
Structure---
5 rush maps
Each team attacks/defends. One with most crates over entire match wins.
^^I like the non-stacking rule more. Wins given when you advance further than they do while attacking. Tie Breaker-More tickets in the end or just a push/draw.

He mentioned that this usually took about 2.5 hours.

Suggestions? Time too long for any?

GT: damnsnake

post #8830 of 16247 Old 04-26-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

so razor messaged.
-We'll just play the rounds all on the avs server. If they complain lag is bad we'll play games there the next time.
-just for fun, would also like to set up weekly pub scrims.
Structure---
5 rush maps
Each team attacks/defends. One with most crates over entire match wins.
^^I like the non-stacking rule more. Wins given when you advance further than they do while attacking. Tie Breaker-More tickets in the end or just a push/draw.

He mentioned that this usually took about 2.5 hours.

Suggestions? Time too long for any?

Also wanted to repost the maps [BAT] has already played on as an entire team. We didn't really have any set strategies going in to that match so I don't think it makes much difference, but here they are once again:

Kharg Island
Damavand Peak
Tehran Highway
Sharqi Peninsula
Operation Metro

I think I saw MPH ask if we are using these maps again...my answer is it's pretty much up to you guys. As a team, I'm proposing that [AVS] gets to choose 3 of the maps, and [BAT] will choose the other 2. It would be nice if Snake and I can have that worked out before Wednesday, May 2nd.

Snake and I have also been talking about doing scrims like this on a weekly basis if there is sufficient interest. I really think this will be fun, and it definitely adds another dimension to the game strategy-wise.

XBL: R a Z o R 2257
post #8831 of 16247 Old 04-27-2012, 02:35 AM

I agree with damnsnake on the scoring. I think that MCOMs taken per map should determine the victor per map. This is actually what I proposed to QRF but Merlin misinterpreted it and I assumed it wouldn't prove important enough to worry about.

I'd also be extremely surprised if 10 rounds between AVS and BAT only lasted 2.5 hours. I suspect it will be closer to 4. We could always have a break or just stop early though. Like Razor said, we'd be playing to win but nothing is on the line, it's just for fun.

XBL: Bar0n Br0wn

post #8832 of 16247 Old 04-27-2012, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
New trailer looks pretty good. Four new maps to add to the Metro, Seine, Bazaar rotation!

Quote:

Battlefield Blog
Accessorize It: Finding the Perfect Setup to Fit Your Playstyle

In this episode of “Inside DICE”, Core Gameplay Designer Alan Kertz returns with an in-depth look at how we balance and rebalance the game after launch. He will also help you realize some of the most significant changes in how the different accessories in Battlefield 3™ are tweaked in the latest patch – and how you can experiment to find a new and perfect setup to fit your personal playstyle.

Seek and destroy on the Donya Fortress map from the upcoming Close Quarters expansion pack.

Battlefield™ is a big game. Balancing a game as diverse as Battlefield 3 requires constant attention, multiple iterations, and both a detailed approach as well as a broad vision. To start, we begin with the broad vision: Rock, Paper, Scissors, Tank, Jet, Infantry, Boat, Helicopter. At the heart of “Battlefield Balance” is the idea that no single soldier can be all powerful. We believe this makes the choices presented in Battlefield more interesting, as the player is not simply advancing an ever steeper power curve, but rather the player is consistently presented with new choices. The choices a player makes, whether before spawn, at spawn, or when playing will determine which role he plays and what abilities he possesses.

No silver bullets
For example, on a vehicle level a jet can destroy a tank, but an AA vehicle can destroy a jet, but the tank can destroy the AA. Only through teamwork can the tank be protected from the AA and the AA protected from another tank. Each of the vehicles is powerful within its role, but no one vehicle can master everything. Teamwork though, trumps all. The attack helicopter is a great example of a situation where two players, cooperating in the same vehicle can greatly increase the power of the vehicle. With a gunner and a pilot the attack helicopter can engage both ground vehicles and infantry, as well as defend itself against other helicopters. However, even the attack helicopter is vulnerable to the jet, or an AA vehicle, or even infantry with a SAM launcher. It is when players find all powerful combinations that we need to do a balance update.

Battlefield 3 made some major additions to game balance: vehicle disable, suppression, and deeper weapon customization all have a major impact on how Battlefield 3 is balanced. Suppression is an addition generally unique to Battlefield, as we felt that shooters really didn’t represent the unnerving fear that comes from being truly shot at in an authentic way. Suppression allowed us to better represent this psychological effect of being shot, while also adding to the gameplay. Being able to pin down and suppress a player so he cannot accurately return fire opens up new tactics and strategies for dealing with threats. A player with an SMG might not be able to put effective lethal fire on a sniper, but he can put enough rounds near the sniper to suppress him and get into cover.

A Delicate Balancing Act
Of course all of this is a delicate balancing act, and based on community feedback in the last update we made some tweaks to how suppression is calculated. We increased the size of the suppression sphere (bullets going through or impacting in this sphere cause suppression) in order to allow better suppression of targets in windows or behind some kinds of cover. Previously players would have to shoot over the cover, and this change allows the bullets that hit the cover to provide some suppressive effect. Of course, the closer a bullet passes to the player the more suppression he receives, and some tweaks were made to how close a bullet must be to fully suppress. I’m generally happy with the larger sphere, as it makes suppression clearer (and was a small adjustment), though community sentiment is clear that while divided a significant number of players dislike the changes made to suppression. We look forward to continued community feedback on how these changes are affecting Battlefield 3. Based on that feedback we may make additional adjustments in the future.

Finding the Perfect Accessory Combo for YOU
For weapon customization, we did an in-depth analysis of how players were customizing their weapons and found that players, especially high level players who have many unlocks, were generally gravitating to a single combo: Foregrip and Suppressor. When we see many players gravitating towards a single setup, as game designers we can conclude that the other choices are not interesting enough to give players reason to try them out. We want players to experience the width of the game, and for this reason we concluded it was time to make a change. I think it’s been an overall improvement for the game. There’s some confusion that comes when a system wide change comes, as players find their go to combo suddenly is not as good as it was. It’s time to try out some new combinations! Which playstyle do you want to go for below?

Jack of All Trades
Primary accessory: Foregrip
Secondary accessory: Flash Suppressor

Kertz’ Comments: To be blunt, previously the Flash Suppressor was worthless. Post update it has received a huge buff: It now substantially reduces the muzzle climb of a weapon, making it much more controllable. Pairing the Foregrip and the Flash Suppressor together will give your weapon a huge boost in controllability, and this will especially help with high rate of fire weapons like the F2000, AEK-971, A-91 and FAMAS.

Short Range Stealth
Secondary accessory: Suppressor

Kertz’ Comments: The Foregrip’s muzzle drift reduction works well at short range and pairs well with the Suppressor’s minor muzzle climb reduction. You’ll be invisible on the minimap, you’ll have a significantly reduced muzzle signature, and your weapon will be more controllable. Finally by pairing the Suppressor and the Foregrip together the Suppressor’s minor accuracy bonus fully offsets the accuracy penalty of the Foregrip — your gun will be just as accurate as if you had no accessories at all.

Hip Fire Run and Gun
Secondary accessory: Laser Sight

Kertz’ Comments: The Laser Sight gives a massive bonus to accuracy from the hip and will allow you to be much more accurate while mobile. Since most of your fire will be from the hip, adding a Foregrip will reduce muzzle drift and make your fire more controllable without feeling any of the downsides of the Foregrip. You can also toggle your laser sight on and off to afford a bit more stealth if the situation requires. Remember, the laser sight only helps from the hip, so turn it off when you’re aiming down the sights to increase your stealth!

Medium Range Marksman
Secondary accessory: Heavy Barrel

Kertz’ Comments: This has been a clear source of confusion in the community. Should I pair a Foregrip with my Heavy Barrel after the update? My answer is a definite yes. Although the Foregrip decreases Aimed Accuracy, the Heavy Barrel’s Aimed Accuracy bonus has been increased to offset the Foregrip’s penalty. Pairing the two will still give you much greater Aimed Accuracy than a stock weapon, as well as reducing your muzzle drift. You will see some increased muzzle climb, however you’ll also be getting increased range out of the Heavy Barrel so your hits will have more impact at Medium Range.

Long Range Marksman
Primary accessory: Bipod
Secondary accessory: Heavy Barrel

Kertz’ Comments: If you want to get the absolute best accuracy out of your weapon, this is the setup for you. The bipod has absolutely no downsides when undeployed, and when deployed it gives a huge boost to accuracy both aimed and from the hip as well as substantially reducing muzzle climb and drift. You’ll also get the increased range of the heavy barrel making you a threat to even snipers when using your deployed bipod and a high zoom optic.

These are my recommendations. There are several combinations that haven’t been covered here, so experiment to find your best post update accessory combo. There’s at least one combo that’s perfect for your unique playstyle, so try a few and you’ll likely find not just a new accessory combo, but a whole new playstyle. You can find a handy guide below so you always know what to expect when experimenting with the different accessories discussed above. Have fun, and let me know in the poll below how you like to play!

APPENDIX: KNOW YOUR BATTLEFIELD 3 ACCESSORIES

ACCESSORY
Suppressor
PROS
Reduces muzzle climb, increases aimed accuracy, hides muzzle flash
CONS
Reduces range, reduces hip accuracy

ACCESSORY
Laser Sight
PROS
Increases hip accuracy, can blind enemies
CONS
Visible to enemies

ACCESSORY
Bipod
PROS
Greatly increases accuracy, greatly reduces muzzle climb and sway
CONS
Must be stationary with bipod deployed

ACCESSORY
Flash Suppressor
PROS
Greatly reduces muzzle climb, reduces muzzle flash
CONS
Slightly reduces hip accuracy

ACCESSORY
Foregrip
PROS
Greatly reduces muzzle drift
CONS
Slightly reduces aimed accuracy

ACCESSORY
Heavy Barrel
PROS
Greatly increases aimed accuracy
CONS
Increases muzzle climb, reduces hip accuracy

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #8833 of 16247 Old 04-27-2012, 09:49 AM

They mixed up the "greatly" and "slightly" on their foregrip evaluation.

XBL: Bar0n Br0wn

post #8834 of 16247 Old 04-27-2012, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Anyone want to kindly let me borrow the SP disc so I can finish the campaign? I'm happy to return the disc within a certain time frame.

My SP disc won't read past a certain part of the campaign (the bank vault scene). Although the disk looks spotless, it just locks up. It won't install either.

-JR

post #8835 of 16247 Old 04-27-2012, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Buy used from gamestop, switch discs, return to gamestop. Cheaper than shipping and causes less carbon emissions, too

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #8836 of 16247 Old 04-27-2012, 11:45 AM

I would love to get in on some of these games, finding good team mates is sooooooo hard. Someone add me... Endersgame485
post #8837 of 16247 Old 04-27-2012, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtt485 View Post

I would love to get in on some of these games, finding good team mates is sooooooo hard. Someone add me... Endersgame485

Sent you a FR through my iPhone app curious to see if it works.
post #8838 of 16247 Old 04-27-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Sent you a FR through my iPhone app curious to see if it works.

it worked.
post #8839 of 16247 Old 04-27-2012, 03:49 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post

Anyone want to kindly let me borrow the SP disc so I can finish the campaign? I'm happy to return the disc within a certain time frame.

My SP disc won't read past a certain part of the campaign (the bank vault scene). Although the disk looks spotless, it just locks up. It won't install either.

-JR

Whenever I'd has this issue in the past, here's what I would do:

Run a faucet until the water is as hot as you can get. (If your water heater is at the lowest setting, it might not work...ours will produce steaming water in about 15 seconds.) Put the disc under the running water, tilting and rotating the disc so that the h2o runs off and away from center. Do this for about a minute. Wipe dry with soft cloth or ass-safe tissue.

Works almost every time.
post #8840 of 16247 Old 04-27-2012, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Whenever I'd has this issue in the past, here's what I would do:

Run a faucet until the water is as hot as you can get. (If your water heater is at the lowest setting, it might not work...ours will produce steaming water in about 15 seconds.) Put the disc under the running water, tilting and rotating the disc so that the h2o runs off and away from center. Do this for about a minute. Wipe dry with soft cloth or ass-safe tissue.

Works almost every time.

Netflix recommends something similar when their discs look good and don't work. However the one time I tried it didn't help me. Mileage may vary but it's definitely worth a shot.
post #8841 of 16247 Old 04-27-2012, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Just in case anyone missed it, Symthic has completely re-vamped their site and and added an EXHAUSTIVE list of specs post-patch(including the statistical +/- for every attachment). You can even compare any 2 weapons w/ any combination of attachments to fine tune your load-outs for every tactical situation.

http://symthic.com/index.php

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #8842 of 16247 Old 04-27-2012, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

So I like big ticket small maps from time to time, but it has its negatives. For one, apparently your game can freeze occasionally which nullifies all of the work you did. For two, you get all the dart douches which can make it frustrating, especially if you get pinned back.

Does anyone know if they plan to fix this dart thing. Have they admitted there is a mistake yet. It is a mistake right?
post #8843 of 16247 Old 04-27-2012, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

Just in case anyone missed it, Symthic has completely re-vamped their site and and added an EXHAUSTIVE list of specs post-patch(including the statistical +/- for every attachment). You can even compare any 2 weapons w/ any combination of attachments to fine tune your load-outs for every tactical situation.

http://symthic.com/index.php

Wow, I think I am going to need to dedicate some time to reunderstand how they break everything down there. That is a nice site, and it looks like it got a major upgrade.

I'm confused, do they not let you compare guns with two attachments a piece?

I really like the page where the show you the different sights and scopes and break everything down. http://symthic.com/ballistics.php

I've been using the PK-A 3.4x scope the last couple of days, and it might just be my favorite sight/scope of them all.
post #8844 of 16247 Old 04-28-2012, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Actually got some games in last night. No one was online . Will try again today!

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #8845 of 16247 Old 04-28-2012, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I was early though Zath and by the time I got my mic you jumped out Was a really fun game was playing metro on high ticket server with randoms had 96 kills was trying soo hard to get to 100 by end but didnt make it lol.

I'll be on a little bit...

XBL : lowgn
post #8846 of 16247 Old 04-28-2012, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

So I like big ticket small maps from time to time, but it has its negatives. For one, apparently your game can freeze occasionally which nullifies all of the work you did. For two, you get all the dart douches which can make it frustrating, especially if you get pinned back.

Does anyone know if they plan to fix this dart thing. Have they admitted there is a mistake yet. It is a mistake right?

Yeah those high ticket games are awesome but I have yet to finish a 1500 ticket game. I think I've been frozen out of about 7 games now.

Last night I played HT Metro, had a MVP game going and it froze. The next game same thing... had a 98 kills & 20K+ points with 200 tickets left and it froze on me again

Luckily I did get in one good 1000 ticket come from behind win in on Kharg. Nexus and I killed it, we got a ridiculous amount of points that match. Good times.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #8847 of 16247 Old 04-28-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah it froze me out and I called it a night.
post #8848 of 16247 Old 04-28-2012, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Hey Razor and Baron, just to make sure we are on the same page (avs and bat) can you guys list anything in the game, weapons or tactics, that bat considers unsportsmanlike so that a good thing doesn't get ruined before it gets started. I'd hate to see half your team drop out because of some type of unfair play. I think these scrimmages have a lot of potential.
post #8849 of 16247 Old 04-28-2012, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Yeah those high ticket games are awesome but I have yet to finish a 1500 ticket game. I think I've been frozen out of about 7 games now.

Last night I played HT Metro, had a MVP game going and it froze. The next game same thing... had a 98 kills & 20K+ points with 200 tickets left and it froze on me again

Luckily I did get in one good 1000 ticket come from behind win in on Kharg. Nexus and I killed it, we got a ridiculous amount of points that match. Good times.

Yea slightly over two hour CQ match that started at 1 AM my time. Combined Hapi and I had around 130 kills and probably 100k in points. I've had 50k points after before, usually from medals but that one we both had 30k before ribbons and medals. Was totally nuts. Was down 300 tickets at one point but we dug in and came back with a 150 ticket win. Now I'm tired today...

On another note, we played a couple large ticket Metro matches that locked our systems up and cost us all those points. Think I'm done with 1000 ticket servers unless their repaired.
post #8850 of 16247 Old 04-28-2012, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Hey Razor and Baron, just to make sure we are on the same page (avs and bat) can you guys list anything in the game, weapons or tactics, that bat considers unsportsmanlike so that a good thing doesn't get ruined before it gets started. I'd hate to see half your team drop out because of some type of unfair play. I think these scrimmages have a lot of potential.

well to be fair both teams should have input on this...

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page