Battlefield 3 - Page 296 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8851 of 16247 Old 04-28-2012, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Well yeah. I think the only thing I have heard here lately is the m26 heavy barrel thing. But I may not be aware of other things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8852 of 16247 Old 04-28-2012, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
IMO the only one really worth discussing is the dart.
post #8853 of 16247 Old 04-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 44
The M26 dart with the underslung rail should be the only issue. There is no glitch when you use it without the rail. I would also propose no stealing vehicles from the spawn and no vehicle spawn raping. I think they should be okay to steal if you can take it in the battlefield, but let's not be tools stealing from each other's bases.

I had a lot of fun playing earlier today with Snake, Atlienzz, and Lowgn even though some idiot kept ramming into us with his jet when Atlienzz and I were in the chopper. It was really annoying. Metro was fun too. I was shocked that I didn't see a lot of M26 dart/underslung rail spammers, especially since the server said that you wouldn't be kicked for anything.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #8854 of 16247 Old 04-28-2012, 06:36 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

...I had a lot of fun playing earlier today with Snake, Atlienzz, and Lowgn even though some idiot kept ramming into us with his jet when Atlienzz and I were in the chopper. It was really annoying. Metro was fun too. I was shocked that I didn't see a lot of M26 dart/underslung rail spammers, especially since the server said that you wouldn't be kicked for anything.

Gotta love those servers with "rules." Before I quit, I played in 4 matches in a row that said, "NO SPAWNCAMPING OR YOU WILL BE KICKED." Too bad they left off the part that said, "This only applies if you're on the enemy team of anyone with admin rights..those with admin rights can spawncamp all they want."

Kudos to the AVS server for always trying to even up teams and make things fair FOR ALL.
post #8855 of 16247 Old 04-28-2012, 07:17 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Hey Razor and Baron, just to make sure we are on the same page (avs and bat) can you guys list anything in the game, weapons or tactics, that bat considers unsportsmanlike so that a good thing doesn't get ruined before it gets started. I'd hate to see half your team drop out because of some type of unfair play. I think these scrimmages have a lot of potential.

The only thing that we've identified as off-limits for scrims is the M26 Dart/Underslung/Heavy Barrel. Everything else is fair game as far as I'm concerned. Too many rules can get confusing, and some folks are bound to be opposed to the limitations, so unless there is something in particular you guys would like to see excluded for a good reason, all's fair...

As much as I hate jet spawn-camping, we've not specifically said that it is off limits. We've got a good group of people here on both sides, so I don't think too much time needs to be spent on this topic. Of course if anyone has any strong feelings about something feel free to bring up your concerns here, and Snake and I will hash it out!

XBL: R a Z o R 2257
post #8856 of 16247 Old 04-28-2012, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Sounds good, just checking to see what everyone thought and make sure I wasn't missing something.

Good games tonight.
post #8857 of 16247 Old 04-29-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by R a Z o R 2257 View Post

The only thing that we've identified as off-limits for scrims is the M26 Dart/Underslung/Heavy Barrel. Everything else is fair game as far as I'm concerned. Too many rules can get confusing, and some folks are bound to be opposed to the limitations, so unless there is something in particular you guys would like to see excluded for a good reason, all's fair...

As much as I hate jet spawn-camping, we've not specifically said that it is off limits. We've got a good group of people here on both sides, so I don't think too much time needs to be spent on this topic. Of course if anyone has any strong feelings about something feel free to bring up your concerns here, and Snake and I will hash it out!

It's almost impossible to enforce consistently. Besides, ultimately both teams can do it, so I wouldn't call it unfair so to speak. As much as I hate getting spawn-raped, unfair would be more accurate if only one team could do it. Where would you draw the supposed boundary, and how do you make everyone aware of it? Probably more realistic to just ban the dart IMHO.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #8858 of 16247 Old 04-29-2012, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Got into some BF3 games today and had some AVSers join up. Great times again. Hope to play some more later today...
post #8859 of 16247 Old 04-29-2012, 02:27 PM

I like the tank armor since the patch. It forces tanks, if they want to last, to actually use tactics instead of rolling into the middle of town.

Just played hardcore mode CQ on operation firestorm. Camped up far out in the desert with the M1A and was highly effective against aircraft and armor. No one knew where to look for me as the area I was in, with another support tank nearby, is rarely used. I shelled 2 jets, 6 helos and many tanks. Ended 33-4. We were rarely engaged out where we were. Good fun.
post #8860 of 16247 Old 04-29-2012, 02:48 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Got into some BF3 games today and had some AVSers join up. Great times again. Hope to play some more later today...

I'm hoping to get into some games tonight also and gotta knock some rust off. May try out some squad dm too, still never got those 5 wins

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #8861 of 16247 Old 04-29-2012, 02:58 PM

What are the names of the AVS rooms everyone is talking about? When im playing I join the server. After reading all of the post it seems to me you guys are playing fair matches. Since the patch I try to jump into a quick game after work and always get stuck in some spoil brats server than kills you if you get into a vehicle they want. I don't want to spend an hour looking for a fair room to play in. I don't play all the time but will join when I do play. If not no biggie.
post #8862 of 16247 Old 04-29-2012, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

I'm hoping to get into some games tonight also and gotta knock some rust off. May try out some squad dm too, still never got those 5 wins

I'm always down for Squad DM, we dont play that mode enough and it's alot of fun. Don't know why but think the B2K maps are more suited to it the mode.

I'll try to get on later but might not be able to tonight depending if wifey is watching TV.

XBL : lowgn
post #8863 of 16247 Old 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

x2 on the SQDM

Only Thing i see "banning" from scrims is the dart. I'd say there should be no using it (even without the heavy barrel) at all just to make sure there are no... uh... "seeing the enemy who just killed you with the dart's attachment(s) say heavy barrel even though it didn't". wheww
post #8864 of 16247 Old 04-29-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolete1202 View Post

What are the names of the AVS rooms everyone is talking about? When im playing I join the server. After reading all of the post it seems to me you guys are playing fair matches. Since the patch I try to jump into a quick game after work and always get stuck in some spoil brats server than kills you if you get into a vehicle they want. I don't want to spend an hour looking for a fair room to play in. I don't play all the time but will join when I do play. If not no biggie.

Type in "avs" (without the quotation marks) in Search mode for servers.

Zath may admin kill you if you take the jet or mph if you take the chopper.

Just kidding.
post #8865 of 16247 Old 04-29-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Just kidding.

Really lol cool I look next time im on my gamertag is obsolete1202. I like the jet but can't get a kill for the life of me im glad they gave everyone flares now at least I have a chance to get away from some missiles. I need to break off the rust I stopped playing to play skyrim and that game sucked me in. But now that bf is patched ill start getting back into it.
post #8866 of 16247 Old 04-29-2012, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolete1202 View Post

Really lol cool I look next time im on my gamertag is obsolete1202. I like the jet but can't get a kill for the life of me im glad they gave everyone flares now at least I have a chance to get away from some missiles. I need to break off the rust I stopped playing to play skyrim and that game sucked me in. But now that bf is patched ill start getting back into it.

Sent you a friend request. Just join off me or anyone else who sends ya one and friend some of the others. It's not formal just join when you see someone playing. We normally have party chat going so join that too. Sometimes games are full though and you may not get on right away. Those times I usually play another match for a bit and circle back.
post #8867 of 16247 Old 04-29-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Sent you a friend request. Just join off me or anyone else who sends ya one and friend some of the others. It's not formal just join when you see someone playing. We normally have party chat going so join that too. Sometimes games are full though and you may not get on right away. Those times I usually play another match for a bit and circle back.

Awesome I should be on some time this week after work about 7 or 730 pm eastern. Fri and sat nights is my normal playing time. But sometimes ill play during the week. Its a stress release when I can get into a decent server with no BS.
post #8868 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 04:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
post #8869 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just kidding.

Last night I was playing on Smokozuna's friend's server. Hardcore, which provides a unique challenge in the jets.

Anyhoo, I had to request a kick/ban for two people - one of which proceeded to shoot me down after taking off right behind me on Kharg, and the other blocked the runway with a tank and proceeded to teamkill anyone who spawned into a jet.

Gotta say - private servers can be very nice!
post #8870 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 07:00 AM

Are any of the AVS servers hardcore?
post #8871 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 07:49 AM

We have one AVS server and it is set at normal right now, but can be switched to hardcore at anytime.

For our scrimmage I would say the only thing that should be banned is the DART. That thing makes me rage every time I'm killed by it. OHK from just about any range. Vehicle spawn killing should be frowned upon, but to each their own I suppose. Spawn trapping should be okay because sometimes it is unavoidable.

I would also like to see this scrimmage not all rush if at all possible. Maybe we could do 3 rush and 2 conquest? If it must be rush I say we for sure leave out Kharg, Damavand, and Tehran, heck let's just pretend that Tehran isn't even on the disc.

360 GT = Atlienzz
PS3 GT = Atlienzz1979
post #8872 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 07:57 AM

I've always wondered why everyone hates Tehran so much. It's not perfect, but it's not that bad, imo.
post #8873 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlienzz View Post

We have one AVS server and it is set at normal right now, but can be switched to hardcore at anytime.

For our scrimmage I would say the only thing that should be banned is the DART. That thing makes me rage every time I'm killed by it. OHK from just about any range. Vehicle spawn killing should be frowned upon, but to each their own I suppose. Spawn trapping should be okay because sometimes it is unavoidable.

I would also like to see this scrimmage not all rush if at all possible. Maybe we could do 3 rush and 2 conquest? If it must be rush I say we for sure leave out Kharg, Damavand, and Tehran, heck let's just pretend that Tehran isn't even on the disc.

Yep.

Talked to razor-

No dart for scrimm on either side. That means don't even use it without the heavy barrel so there is 0 possible confusion. Your argument that you used it before the patch will not hold up.
This is the only "rule". Basically.. Zath you know what to do (jets =<).

We are going to do rush this time, in the next one(s) we can rotate game types etc. (CQ/DM etc..).

They have picked Metro and Karkand as their maps, we need to come up with 2-3. Being a chopper whore I vote anything with one and/or a jet map for zath (<-- really need to do at least one of these to take advantage of him). Other than that I have no idea so I don't really care which we play. Throw out suggestions and the most popular 2-3 will be our picks.

All maps played on AVS server this time, if there is bad lag we will try theirs next time.
Over the next few days we should probably sort out who can be there for sure in case we need to pick up others.
We can talk amongst each other to determine who wants to squad up with who. If we do have more than 12 I'm sure we'll have plenty of volunteers who will rotate a map on/off so everyone gets to play. I think at last count we were right at 12 so that probably won't even come up.
post #8874 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 08:33 AM

I didn't think about the chopper/jet maps and how those could be more fun because we have some good chopper/jet pilots.

I would say Seinne, Sharqi, Wake Island, Firestorm, and Kharg should be in the mix. Firestorm is kinda iffy for me, sometimes it is fun sometimes it is just a drag.

I would definitely like to see Seinne though, I remember some of the most intense RUSH action playing that map.

360 GT = Atlienzz
PS3 GT = Atlienzz1979
post #8875 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post

well to be fair both teams should have input on this...

I just had to....
post #8876 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:

I've always wondered why everyone hates Tehran so much. It's not perfect, but it's not that bad, imo.

I cannot see anything. Plus I would always get killed by some tool sitting on the highways. Also, it is so linear. You have two roads, pick which one that you'd prefer to die on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

Yep.

Talked to razor-

No dart for scrimm on either side. That means don't even use it without the heavy barrel so there is 0 possible confusion. Your argument that you used it before the patch will not hold up.
This is the only "rule". Basically.. Zath you know what to do (jets =<).

We are going to do rush this time, in the next one(s) we can rotate game types etc. (CQ/DM etc..).

They have picked Metro and Karkand as their maps, we need to come up with 2-3. Being a chopper whore I vote anything with one and/or a jet map for zath (<-- really need to do at least one of these to take advantage of him). Other than that I have no idea so I don't really care which we play. Throw out suggestions and the most popular 2-3 will be our picks.

Maps: Caspian Border, Siene Crossing, Operation Firestorm

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #8877 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 398
I'm partial to Bazaar and Oman for rush maps. Yes, I rather like the initial meat grinders both on attacker and defender. Your past experiences with randoms who totally suck are null in this case, two good knowledgable teams ought to be fun and challenging. By yourself these maps suck so team cooperation is required.
post #8878 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Aww, people want to take advantage of me

Kharg Island would be good (thinking of you, Snake), as it has an attack chopper (us attacker side) as well as one jet each.

Caspian has a transport chopper (US attacker side) as well as one jet each.

Firestorm only has one jet each.

For chopper whores, Wake Island has a chopper (US attacker side).

My suggestion for rush mode would be Caspian, Kharg. Seine Crossing works well, too.
post #8879 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

K so far we have as follows. Just quote and change the numbers to reflect your vote.
I've played them all in rush but i'm really only familliar with a few so i'm gonna wait to vote till I check the others out.

Seinne- 3
Sharqi- 1
Wake Island- 1
Firestorm- 2
Kharg- 2
Caspian Border- 2
Bazaar- 1
Oman- 1

edited to reflect zaths.

Lol ya i'll probably vote for kharg.
and it goes without saying that even though people like the jet, lets leave it for Zath. As for the chopper the scale is a lot closer between myself and everyone else so we can rotate it etc..
post #8880 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
vote - no rush maps

Does anyone in active group here actually play Rush anymore? If you guys want to have a half decent match we should start playing lol

XBL : lowgn
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page