AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

vote - no rush maps

Does anyone in active group here actually play Rush anymore? If you guys want to have a half decent match we should start playing lol

ES TRICK QUESTION?
lol, I was thinking of playing some this week. i'll be on tonight and weds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8882 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

vote - no rush maps

Does anyone in active group here actually play Rush anymore? If you guys want to have a half decent match we should start playing lol

I prefer Rush and play it most of the time. The core group of guys I play with all seem to prefer it over the other game modes, as well.

XBL: GutterSnipeR   PSN: Guttahhh
post #8883 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I also prefer rush, but for a different reason. After the patch, air radar no longer displays FRIENDLY air vehicles - only enemies and the objectives. Mid-air collisions are so much more frequent with 4 air vehicles per side that it's almost a given now that I will suicide at least a couple times per match.

Perhaps we should adopt a rush-heavy rotation on the AVS server?
post #8884 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 11:55 AM

Liked: 10
I would say let's definitely change the AVS server to RUSH for at least this week. Unless they release a map pack with halfway decent RUSH maps I will always hate RUSH in BF3. In bad company 2 I was the opposite in that I hated conquest and loved RUSH.

Hopefully we can figure out what maps we are using fairly soon so we can practice on them. So far we have Metro and Karkland from BAT right? We can start on those tonight.

360 GT = Atlienzz
PS3 GT = Atlienzz1979
post #8885 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

ok I have just edited a rotation - renaming "small maps only" to "scrim practice". Hope that doesn't tick anyone off - I just picked the rotation with the least number of maps in it. I have tried to give it a bias based on what people have been suggesting. If people would rather we mix up game modes so it's not boring, we can do that at the expense of the repeats. Just edit the map rotation and enjoy. Once we start playing these, we can start whittling out maps from the rotation. Are there any maps people want out?

Scrim practice has the following:
Operation Metro x2 (we know we're playing this one)
Kharg Island
Seine Crossing x2 (currently leading in the polls)
Caspian Border
Operation Firestorm
Strike at Karkand x2 (we know we're playing this one)
Wake Island
Gulf of Oman
Sharqi Peninsula
post #8886 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

ok I have just edited a rotation - renaming "small maps only" to "scrim practice". Hope that doesn't tick anyone off - I just picked the rotation with the least number of maps in it. I have tried to give it a bias based on what people have been suggesting. If people would rather we mix up game modes so it's not boring, we can do that at the expense of the repeats. Just edit the map rotation and enjoy. Once we start playing these, we can start whittling out maps from the rotation. Are there any maps people want out?

Scrim practice has the following:
Operation Metro x2 (we know we're playing this one)
Kharg Island
Seine Crossing x2 (currently leading in the polls)
Caspian Border
Operation Firestorm
Strike at Karkand x2 (we know we're playing this one)
Wake Island
Gulf of Oman
Sharqi Peninsula

Yes, I would like to see Kharg, Caspian, and Firestorm taken out. I'm sure you guys won't be picking any of those maps for the scrim, so might as well just remove them.

XBL: R a Z o R 2257
post #8887 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drudiggs View Post

I prefer Rush and play it most of the time. The core group of guys I play with all seem to prefer it over the other game modes, as well.

I don't understand how people can hate rush. It's the only game I play. I played a little conquest and it was tedious and boring. Run to A, run to B, run back to A because it just got lost, run to c, run back to b because it just got lost, run back to A, run back to C... Rush is great because the objective is hard to accomplish, you move on to the next, and it's actually battle-like.
post #8888 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 06:43 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantosLH View Post

I don't understand how people can hate rush. It's the only game I play. I played a little conquest and it was tedious and boring. Run to A, run to B, run back to A because it just got lost, run to c, run back to b because it just got lost, run back to A, run back to C... Rush is great because the objective is hard to accomplish, you move on to the next, and it's actually battle-like.

As opposed to Rush? Run down hallway A or B; get shot in face by camper in hallway A, repawn, get shot in face by camper in hallway B, respawn, get shot in face in hallway connecting A & B, repeat, repeat, repeat. Talk about tedious and boring!

Neither mode is perfect, imo, but Conquest provides one with so many more variables. (For what it's worth, I pretty much played only Rush in BadCo2, as did most here. BF3's version of Rush is garbage by comparison.)
post #8889 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Fun games tonight. RaZoR would've been proud.

btw, might I suggest that after we play our BAT scrimmage, we all unwind with some unranked crazy antics? I've made a custom rule set titled "Zath Special."
post #8890 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Hovering around number 10 on C4 kills with 2500. Would take a lot of work to advance further though.
post #8891 of 16247 Old 04-30-2012, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
good playing with everyone this evening.
funny to hear the CQ guys complain about Rush when I think CQ is boring because all anyone does is camp.
to each his own.
post #8892 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

good playing with everyone this evening.
funny to hear the CQ guys complain about Rush when I think CQ is boring because all anyone does is camp.
to each his own.

I always felt that conquest was more a game of whack-a-mole. Take A flag, D flag goes. Take D flag, B flag goes. Of course, I'm usually in a jet when that's happening, so I'm not really doing any whacking myself
post #8893 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

I always felt that conquest was more a game of whack-a-mole. Take A flag, D flag goes. Take D flag, B flag goes. Of course, I'm usually in a jet when that's happening, so I'm not really doing any whacking myself

must...resist....
post #8894 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 05:25 AM

Yeah that was me doing most of the complaining last night about rush. I just rage most of the time in that mode. I'm always killed by somebody I didn't see. I would think it would be easier to pinpoint where people are coming from in Rush but I find it much more difficult. Being able to camp me in my own spawn in rush is just frustrating. I think if I played it more I would understand where people like flank from and it wouldn't be as bad.

I had a blast playing on the other team against you all though for what it's worth. At one point I made it my mission to find and kill Nexus at all costs (shouldn't be too hard right? Just look for buildings blowing up and random explosions and you're sure to find him), of course as soon as I said that he killed me within 30 seconds. I did get redemption though a couple of times. Got snakes tags for the second time ever, as much as I've played against him I thought I would have had more than that by now.

I hate that stingers are worthless against both choppers and jets. You need a team of at least two stingers to have a chance at getting one hit, and even then if the pilot is halfway decent they can just fly below radar and lock disappears. Add on top of that ECM and the gunners flares and it's impossible. I think the range for a stinger lock on needs to be doubled or tripled and it might be closer to balanced.

I think we should discuss squads at some point, I don't care where I end up but we should at least strategize so we can come up with balanced squads with strengths and weaknesses and preferred classes and squad perks.

By the way when is the scrim again? I thought it was Saturday but somebody said Sunday yesterday so I'm confused.

360 GT = Atlienzz
PS3 GT = Atlienzz1979
post #8895 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I seen the server was full yesterday around 4pm. Was it full when you guys got on last night? FWIW the server had not gotten any random's attention this past week. I changed the title up to "AVS-Best Maps only...normal tickets" and then had the first map as grand bazaar and not long after the server filled up. IDK exactly what brought them in, but I think the description of "normal tickets" actually helped. Well that and cq on grand bazaar, metro and seine.
post #8896 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah it was full. I then changed it over to the rush rotation and it actually remained full. I agree your description probably helped.

Atlienzz, that's a great idea. Why don't we start signing up for squads? We should probably have at least one assault class per squad...

Alpha Squad

Bravo Squad

Charlie Squad
- Zath - Engineer or Support
post #8897 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Neither mode is perfect, imo, but Conquest provides one with so many more variables. (For what it's worth, I pretty much played only Rush in BadCo2, as did most here. BF3's version of Rush is garbage by comparison.)

This... I think we discussed this to death in the thread but my opinion is comes down to the Rush maps in BC2 vs BF3. Forced myself to stick with Rush thinking it would get better over time first month or two playing BF3 and it didn't -- was nearly going to quit until started playing Conquest and actually started having fun playing Battlefield again.

In anycase if we are doing Rush maps I vote for Jet maps so Zath can keep the enemy vehicles in check

XBL : lowgn
post #8898 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I seen the server was full yesterday around 4pm. Was it full when you guys got on last night? FWIW the server had not gotten any random's attention this past week. I changed the title up to "AVS-Best Maps only...normal tickets" and then had the first map as grand bazaar and not long after the server filled up. IDK exactly what brought them in, but I think the description of "normal tickets" actually helped. Well that and cq on grand bazaar, metro and seine.

There is an issue with these servers. They will disconnect everyone after a certain amount of time, it seems to be around the 12 hour of gameplay mark. Not sure why they do this, maybe to get players into different servers but this happens like clockwork. I have spoken to CS a few times and they have no answer for me. If you check the activity graph on bf3stats.com you will always see a dropoff then a climb then another dropoff (assuming the server was full twice in the last 48 hours).

Also noticed if an admin is on during the dropoff changing map rotations seems to get people in sometimes a little quicker. Also rush maps get it filled faster for some reason, I always throw it on rush first, it then fills and I change it to my mix game mode rotation.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #8899 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 81
About all we did in BC2 was Rush. I still prefer Rush, but Conquest is okay on the smaller maps or to unlock vehicles perks.
post #8900 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

As opposed to Rush? Run down hallway A or B; get shot in face by camper in hallway A, repawn, get shot in face by camper in hallway B, respawn, get shot in face in hallway connecting A & B, repeat, repeat, repeat. Talk about tedious and boring!

To me rush seems more realistic. There are choke points with campers, but if you cooperate with teammates, you can overwhelm the position, and then it becomes yours. Then you move to the next one. Camping doesn't really bother me because that's how it would go in real life, and why weapons come with bipods (and why we get grenades).

This is the only BF I've played, so I can't speak to how it was better in other games. I'm def a noob in this game. I've just spent about 90% of the time playing conquest just running, which caused me to stop playing. Maybe the maps I played were bad ones or playing with randoms makes it worse (I have to play with randoms because I won't inflict my slowness and crappiness on people I know).
post #8901 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantosLH View Post

To me rush seems more realistic. There are choke points with campers, but if you cooperate with teammates, you can overwhelm the position, and then it becomes yours. Then you move to the next one. Camping doesn't really bother me because that's how it would go in real life, and why weapons come with bipods (and why we get grenades).

This is the only BF I've played, so I can't speak to how it was better in other games. I'm def a noob in this game. I've just spent about 90% of the time playing conquest just running, which caused me to stop playing. Maybe the maps I played were bad ones or playing with randoms makes it worse (I have to play with randoms because I won't inflict my slowness and crappiness on people I know).

Playing with people you know will make you better and keep things fresh. When I play with randoms there's a 99% chance I want to kill them as much as the other team unless I'm out to do something on purpose like fly a choppa or get some TDM in.

Running around the big CQ maps isn't too bad. Some vehicle hores hate it but I sneak around and get kills that way while the armor provides distractions. I remember one game very recently that I doubled the score of the next highest person simply running around capping flags, tossing ammo, and killing red doritoes.
post #8902 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Atlienz - Sunday at 3pm Eastern.

RushvsCQ- In rush the same exact thing happens every single time you play the map. You can play the map 300 times and the same people will be in the exact same locations with the same weapons 290 times. Not anywhere near a "real" feel. Wayy too linear for me. Much more of COD gameplay in BF IMO.

As far as squads, I just claim lowgn. No backtalk.

Alpha Squad-

Bravo Squad-
Snake - Run and stay alive
Lowgn- Keep snake alive while runs

Charlie Squad
post #8903 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

As far as squads, I just claim lowgn. No backtalk.

Alpha Squad-

Bravo Squad-
Snake - Run and stay alive
Lowgn- Keep snake alive while runs

Charlie Squad

That's fine, I'll claim Dude and Gutter...not sure what PJ is up to these days.

Alpha -
Ell Dudereno
Gutter
Jammy
?
post #8904 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Our play type is pretty much pushpushpush so I know this fits kilmore, harp, and possibly nexus pretty well. Odds are we'll be 3-4 medics with a support rotating.
With Zath in the jet on those maps or in armor on others charlie might be the squad for engis and/or a recon.
Jammy do you usually run support?

Alpha Squad-
Dude
Gutter
Jammy

Bravo Squad-
Snake
Lowgn

Charlie Squad-
Zath

---------------
Harpua
Nexus
Atlienz
JShmoopy
Rightintel
Kilmore
mphfrom77
post #8905 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Our play type is pretty much pushpushpush so I know this fits kilmore, harp, and possibly nexus pretty well. Odds are we'll be 3-4 medics with a support rotating.
With Zath in the jet on those maps or in armor on others charlie might be the squad for engis and/or a recon.

Alpha Squad-
Dude
Gutter
Jammy

Bravo Squad-
Snake
Lowgn

Charlie Squad-
Zath

You guys know my style just plug me in wherever appropriate. I'm not a spawn beacon by any means and usually get whoever spawns on me killed so factor that in.
post #8906 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Alpha Squad-
Dude
Gutter
Jammy

Bravo Squad-
Snake
Lowgn
Nexus

Charlie Squad-
Zath
JShmoopy

---------------
Harpua
Atlienz
Rightintel
Kilmore
mphfrom77

I play engineer most of the time, and I can swap out to recon if we need to get a spawn beacon set up somewhere. I can be helpful in tanks and LAVs, whether I'm driving, gunning or repairing. Also, I have all of the LAV and tank equipment unlocked.

Nexus, I just stuck you in with Snake and Lowgn since you didn't specify and I didn't want your post to get skipped over. You push ahead like crazy so you will probably fit in fine.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #8907 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 10:55 AM

Liked: 15
I am dying to play Sunday but I can't commit as I don't know what the fam is doing yet. If I can make it, I'd prefer to be in spyder's squad just to hear the rants

tum
post #8908 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Ahh, the memories...

post #8909 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Alpha Squad-
Dude
Gutter
Jammy

Bravo Squad-
Snake
Lowgn
Nexus
Hapi

Charlie Squad-
Zath
JShmoopy

---------------
Harpua
Atlienz
Rightintel
mphfrom77

post #8910 of 16247 Old 05-01-2012, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, or Assault.
I'm a lousy sniper, decent engineer, but I looooove the 240B and claymores too much.

BTW - I can't guarantee Gutter's participation as he just moved, I'm hoping he can. Ell Dude will be up for it.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page