post #9241 of 16247 Old 05-12-2012, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

btw, double points are expressed on battlelog. Just looked at my past games and scores are double what they showed on the in-game scoreboard.

Yes it does! New record round for myself. With double xp of course...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...8/2/203653453/

Ended with 75k. Against matteo and ewok =P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9242 of 16247 Old 05-12-2012, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

Very nice! Here's my record:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...9/2/201671298/

btw, I've started messing around with guided missile. Definitely liking it. I like being able to lock onto SOFLAMS, since NOTHING ELSE will freakin' kill those things
post #9243 of 16247 Old 05-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

That last match on Seine had me raging a little, could never get going right. Plus getting switched off the AVS team sucked lol. The two matches before that were a lot of fun though.

Xbox Gamertag: matteoms

Official Member of the Joy Puke Your Face Off Club.
post #9244 of 16247 Old 05-12-2012, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Oh yeah, that's really cool Jammy. Appreciate it.
post #9245 of 16247 Old 05-13-2012, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 308
It was fun playing with some of the AVS guys, for the few games. I'll hop in later and hope to catch some more of you on.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #9246 of 16247 Old 05-13-2012, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

yeah great times. will try to hop on again around 10pm central, but it might be too late to play!
post #9247 of 16247 Old 05-13-2012, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

yeah I'm back on and the server is pretty full. I think I am going to load up some rush maps. I don't really care though.
post #9248 of 16247 Old 05-13-2012, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

I'll be on in about 30 or so

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #9249 of 16247 Old 05-13-2012, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Wow, I was defending on Caspian Rush and went 12-0 with the Frogfoot. Earned 7000 points towards jets. My best outing ever. I took my overall jet score from 17,000 to 24,000 in one match.
post #9250 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Wow, I was defending on Caspian Rush and went 12-0 with the Frogfoot. Earned 7000 points towards jets. My best outing ever. I took my overall jet score from 17,000 to 24,000 in one match.

And y'all wondered why I like playing rush

It's so easy to rank up the jet taking out ground vehicles. Forget dogfighting! My favorite maps in order:

Kharg defense (unless a guy is whoring out the AA)
Caspian defense
Firestorm defense
Caspian offense
Kharg offense
Firestorm offense

There are so many more vehicles to take out as defenders.
post #9251 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 06:21 AM

Liked: 10
Quick question ....when flying 3rd person in a jet is there anyway to change controls to inverted ..... I have mine controls set to inverted and when I go to 3rd person mode it becomes normal
post #9252 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherb1 View Post

Quick question ....when flying 3rd person in a jet is there anyway to change controls to inverted ..... I have mine controls set to inverted and when I go to 3rd person mode it becomes normal

?!?!?!

Seems very strange. Double-check the in-game options. Mine don't change at all. That would be insanely confusing!
post #9253 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
yeah I've been doing it the hard way until now lol. In a day got the last 3 jet unlocks on Kharg Rush.

One thing that is super annoying is that I got the final jet unlock but no service star. WTF? I did quit before the round was over so I hopefully I didn't screw myself out of that star just to warn you guys going for the final unlocks.

XBL : lowgn
post #9254 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I am giving up on the jets. I tried to learn them, but I can never stay in the air. Only three things can happen when I get in a jet:
(1) Opposing jet(s) shoot me down
(2) No one is spotting and I cannot find any targets
(3) I crash
The jets seem so ridiculously fast that I cannot get a bead on anything or have a successful strafing run. I can at least fly now and stay in the sky, but I am useless because I can't take anything out. I am admitting defeat.

I finally completed the last of the Back to Karkand assignments last night. Getting the DPV jeep kills was annoying. That seemed even more difficult than getting the repair torch kills. I was driving the jeep around like an idiot and parking it and hoping/waiting that someone would walk into my FOV so I could kill them. The gun on the jeep doesn't have a large turning radius, you can only fire directly in front and maybe 60 degrees or so on each side. That stupid shotgun probably wasn't even worth the effort.

I also finally got a stationary emplacement ribbon by taking out an attack chopper on Gulf of Oman yesterday. The guy was spawn camping us and you couldn't take off at all. If you spawned at the deployment all of the vehicles were smoking. I hopped in the AA and I guess he wasn't expecting anyone to try and take him out, but he went down quickly. If that massive rock wasn't in the way, you could dominate the airspace from the RU AA. I stayed back there and waited for anyone else to try and spawn camp, but no one else felt like it.

I only need one more ribbon to complete the entire set - melee ribbon. I almost never melee. I can never seem to get behind guys to knife them, and lately when I have the knife hasn't been working reliably. I took a few deaths yesterday due to this.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #9255 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

I only need one more ribbon to complete the entire set - melee ribbon. I almost never melee. I can never seem to get behind guys to knife them, and lately when I have the knife hasn't been working reliably. I took a few deaths yesterday due to this.

I need this one and the PDW ribbon to complete the set. I have probably died 50 times recently when the knife animation refuses to kick in. I have no idea what my problem is, I'll be right behind them without them knowing I'm there and I just take a swipe at them and they turn around and blast me. Heck sometimes I'll swipe them and they end up knifing me in return. This is the most annoying BS I've encountered recently, it seems they tweaked this with the latest patch because I used to not have any issues with it. Anybody know a good map/scenario where I can get this ribbon? I know I can get the PDW one I just haven't used those guns at all yet.

360 GT = Atlienzz
PS3 GT = Atlienzz1979
post #9256 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlienzz View Post

I need this one and the PDW ribbon to complete the set. I have probably died 50 times recently when the knife animation refuses to kick in. I have no idea what my problem is, I'll be right behind them without them knowing I'm there and I just take a swipe at them and they turn around and blast me. Heck sometimes I'll swipe them and they end up knifing me in return. This is the most annoying BS I've encountered recently, it seems they tweaked this with the latest patch because I used to not have any issues with it. Anybody know a good map/scenario where I can get this ribbon? I know I can get the PDW one I just haven't used those guns at all yet.

TDM, knives and PDW ribbons are good to get on TDM.
post #9257 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

yeah I've been doing it the hard way until now lol. In a day got the last 3 jet unlocks on Kharg Rush.

One thing that is super annoying is that I got the final jet unlock but no service star. WTF? I did quit before the round was over so I hopefully I didn't screw myself out of that star just to warn you guys going for the final unlocks.

Yeah I saw on battlelog that you had gotten the ECM jammer, but no sign on the service star. Usually you do get a service star after all unlocks, but it's been so long I can't remember. You should have unlocked a special dogtag - an F-16 with a pinwheel on the nose.

That said, WTF is with DICE putting planes on dogtags that aren't in the game?! F-16 on the service star tag. The jet proficiency dogtag is an F-15.

Anyways, for those of you who have everything, here's my setup for jets:

Rush mode, air dominance assured (server w/no dogfighting allowed or friend in the other jet)
- Stealth [longer time to react/get out of an area]
- OR Air Radar [you don't know who is in the other jet]

- Guided missiles [spot enemies, take out jeeps in one hit, kill people who are trying to repair]
- OR Rocket pods [destroy mines, disable vehicles]

- Flares [breaks lock on everything but guided shell from tank; ECM doesn't work properly]

I'm starting to prefer guided missiles since rocket pods don't kill tanks as fast as the jet's cannon in rush mode. They also lock onto mortars, SOFLAMS, and other equipment.

Conquest mode, air dominance unsure
- Air Radar [so important being able to see where the enemy is]
- Guided missiles
- OR Rocket pods
- Flares

For Conquest, rockets may very well be better. Tanks typically run smoke, and since the jet's cannons are rather weak against armor, rockets are your best bet for disable/destroy.

Quote:

I am giving up on the jets. I tried to learn them, but I can never stay in the air. Only three things can happen when I get in a jet:
(3) I crash
The jets seem so ridiculously fast that I cannot get a bead on anything or have a successful strafing run. I can at least fly now and stay in the sky, but I am useless because I can't take anything out. I am admitting defeat.

Find the server I mentioned earlier. Or just get in a game with someone else, get on opposite sides, and get both jets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlienzz View Post

Knife - if the knife is being held horizontally, you won't get the kill and dogtag. Wait for the knife to be held vertically, then use it.

Try playing on larger, more open maps like Firestorm, and hunt snipers.
post #9258 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

I agree that TDM is good for melee. But it depends on the map. I think Canals and Kharg are the best ones. Not sure if you knew but you can run around with just the knife in your hand, its either double tap RB or double tap and hold RB on the 2nd tap until you see the knife out. Also you dont always need the animation to get the melee kill count so an injured guy could be killed with 1 swipe from the front. I am starting on the melee medal and I just run around swiping at everything and often on the smaller TDM maps I get lucky with front knife kills. Maybe one day you will catch a Dice Dev for the special dogtags.

post #9259 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 139
Quote:

(3) I crash

LOL, yes this is me! Jet flying makes Dude a sad panda

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #9260 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 08:39 AM

Liked: 31
last night was awesome, before i could only play with randoms, and its soooooo much better to play with you guys. MPH, Atlienzz, and blica you guys were awesome at directing. I look forward to playing on the avs server more, and will be contributing soon. MPH please pm me paypal payment details.
post #9261 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:

I finally completed the last of the Back to Karkand assignments last night. Getting the DPV jeep kills was annoying. That seemed even more difficult than getting the repair torch kills. I was driving the jeep around like an idiot and parking it and hoping/waiting that someone would walk into my FOV so I could kill them. The gun on the jeep doesn't have a large turning radius, you can only fire directly in front and maybe 60 degrees or so on each side. That stupid shotgun probably wasn't even worth the effort.

You don't need to shoot them with the DPV - I got all mine by driving around A&B on Gulf of Oman and side swiping people. The turrets on the jeeps are so underpowered.

As for the melee ribbon, you could get it through a 'knives only' server if you don't feel you'd ever get it in a normal round. If you want to go the legit route, I'd say the two best maps would be Seine or Bazaar with a higher than normal ticket count.
Seine, hunt down all the building campers - crouch your way past the claymores and stab them in the back. If their claymore doesn't go off, then they think they are safe up there.
Bazaar is easy to flank a team that has two flags if you go all the way around the perimeter - if they have A&B, flank around the outside and they'll most likely be a few guys in the center that have their backs to A.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #9262 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 139
wait, you can crouch walk past claymores??

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #9263 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 10:55 AM

Liked: 123
So, there are servers where jets can just fly around and kill everything in sight without any chance of ever being shot down? (Give me a break, Stingers are worthless.) Now I've heard everything.

I'm going fishing this weekend:

1. Buy barrel.

2. Fill barrel with water.

3. Throw 50 fish in barrel.

4. Dynamite the whole thing.

5. Tell people I "caught" 50 fish. (Omit parts about barrel and dynamite.)

Wow. Reminds me of a show I saw where guys were talking about their "hunting" skills. They would pay to go online and operate a remote-controlled machine gun and shoot deer in a tiny, fenced pen. This is sporting? This is fun?

Screw it. I'm coming out of retirement. I'm going to start up my own server. Rules are:

Enemy team must spawn in their own base. enemies must line up a perfect row out in the open ASAP or kicked. Only I am allowed to fly a chopper. Others are kicked. I do one flyby and get 12 kills. Enemies are not allowed to shoot at the chopper or they will be kicked! No deviating from single line formation or kicked! Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Big points for me! Who's in? (You'll all be designated to opposing team...moar killz for me!)
post #9264 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post

wait, you can crouch walk past claymores??

Sure can. Nothing worse than crouching up stairs to get past the claymores and someone spawns on you, runs down the stairs and claymore goes off killing you. Trying to be sneaky doesnt always pay.

post #9265 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

So, there are servers where jets can just fly around and kill everything in sight without any chance of ever being shot down? (Give me a break, Stingers are worthless.) Now I've heard everything.

I'm going fishing this weekend:

1. Buy barrel.

2. Fill barrel with water.

3. Throw 50 fish in barrel.

4. Dynamite the whole thing.

5. Tell people I "caught" 50 fish. (Omit parts about barrel and dynamite.)

Wow. Reminds me of a show I saw where guys were talking about their "hunting" skills. They would pay to go online and operate a remote-controlled machine gun and shoot deer in a tiny, fenced pen. This is sporting? This is fun?

Screw it. I'm coming out of retirement. I'm going to start up my own server. Rules are:

Enemy team must spawn in their own base. enemies must line up a perfect row out in the open ASAP or kicked. Only I am allowed to fly a chopper. Others are kicked. I do one flyby and get 12 kills. Enemies are not allowed to shoot at the chopper or they will be kicked! No deviating from single line formation or kicked! Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Big points for me! Who's in? (You'll all be designated to opposing team...moar killz for me!)

It's not that bad. The server I was on with Zath the other day was cool. Ground units were the only thing allowed to take out air. Good for new pilots to work on things, ie me. Joined another with him and quickly backed out as there was a no C4 armor rule. Personally I think it's really cool people can setup the rules and have variants like this. Makes for far more depth and fun. Need to try a knife match at some point.
post #9266 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

I'd also like to have a day and time we can all unwind using the modified unranked rules. Any thoughts on this?

Spyder, sure, I'm probably taking advantage of that server, but it sure beats circling around endlessly for the entire match. Hey, at least I'm not spawnkilling!
post #9267 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 01:13 PM

Don't get me wrong, guys. People absolutely should be able to do whatever they want on their own server. If you pay for something, damn straight you should be able to do what you want! I simply think that if a custom server with ANY rule is implemented, then no experience should be given. Also, if people want to learn how to fly, they can always go to an empty server, like the AVS one was initially and set it up like I did, where I put up a vehicle map as the first one. Hell, I flew around that map for a few hours all by myself; trying to go under bridges, go inverted between buildings and cranes, trying to stop on a dime with the F-35, etc. It was a far better learning experience than just repeatedly raping ground units with no chance of defense or threats that one would get in a real game, imo.

(Or, they can take their lumps like I did and get killed over and over trying to learn. )
post #9268 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe so, but there's no point in banging your head on the wall with inferior unlocks!
post #9269 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Maybe so, but there's no point in banging your head on the wall with inferior unlocks!

One could agree in the simplest sense. However, I find it ridiculous that those that went after Assignments and unlocks early on had a MUCH more difficult time of it than those that are doing those things now. DICE almost seems like their attitude is "Day one buyer? F-you. Enjoy your frustration much?"

I mean, noobs that came in around the time of the Karkand DLC got the absudly overpowered Famas right out of the gate, while day one buyers had to work to get better guns. Assignments got drastically dumbed-down and supremely easier. People can now just pay to get ALL things unlocked, rather than work for them. Yeah, yeah, it's a big, fat cash-grab for the greed kings at EA, but to me, that's just a silly move on their part. Veterans should be able to enjoy the fruits of their labors. I mean, how many times did I die while going for those unlocks? How many curses were uttered in deaths at the hands of those that already had them?

Alas, one cannot fight the machine. I'm looking forward to something like Vietnam that once again levels the playing field, but that's not likely to happen. One can dream, can't they?
post #9270 of 16247 Old 05-14-2012, 04:13 PM

I agree with you on noobs buying all the unlocks. I've had the game since day one and am only at level 26. I got sucked into skyrim when it came out. But now im back on a bf3 kick. I figured ea would do the cheat packs like they did with bfbc2. But I've already paid 60 for the game and will buy the dlc expansion packs. But refuse to buy stuff I can get by just playing the game. The thing that kills me is EA is a power house in the gaming world and has been around for a long time do they really need more money? I think they do it to bring in more players so that someone can buy the game today and be able to survive with people who bought it on day one and to make more money. If bf would ever surpass cod this might for away. I've never seen any cod game have the cheat packs. The cheat packs help bring some cod players to the dark side.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page