post #9361 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Those are the servers I tend to play in most. It takes teamwork to to dominate in a game like BF3. If they manage to keep me in my spawn. So be it. Congrats to them work workin hard enough to make it happen. WAR IS HELL!

I'd say everybody else here is no different. Only within the last couple weeks have we been trying to eliminate annoyances on our server. We're just looking to have good, non douchebag games.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9362 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I was going to ask if the M26 MASS also gets the added bonus when used in an underslung rail with the flash suppressor/heavy barrel, but then I read the wiki for the M26 and it states:

Quote:

As of the latest patch the M26 MASS has been affected by a glitch in that if a player equips the MASS on their weapon's Underslung Rail while also using a Heavy Barrel the damage is substantially increased or decreased depending on the type of ammo. The glitch essentially makes it so when the MASS is fired each pellet has the same damage of a single shot from the main weapon allowing for a damage of 403 if used in conjunction with a G3 while at the same time making it so a slug round does the damage of a single assault rifle shot making it very ineffective. This damage increase is furthered when the longer-range M26 DART is used. DICE has acknowledged this as an unintended feature and it will likely be patched at some point.

I didn't know that it had a negative effect on the slugs. I guess if I want to use the M26 at all, I always have to use the standalone version.

I finally got a few jet kills and unlocked the heat seekers. Thanks to Duke, mph, and Hksvr for hanging in the empty Kharg Island server and practicing in the jets. I'm still not very good, but at least I can probably get a kill in a normal game now. My new issue is probably how terrible I am at strafing runs against a stationary target. I do not know if it is due to the speed of the jet or if I just can't see, but ground targets are so tough for me to find.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #9363 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

I finally got a few jet kills and unlocked the heat seekers. Thanks to Duke, mph, and Hksvr for hanging in the empty Kharg Island server and practicing in the jets. I'm still not very good, but at least I can probably get a kill in a normal game now. My new issue is probably how terrible I am at strafing runs against a stationary target. I do not know if it is due to the speed of the jet or if I just can't see, but ground targets are so tough for me to find.

This is the second time I've read someone say that the jet is too fast for them. (Maybe it was you earlier too?) You can always slow down...at the lowest speed, the jet is nearly in a freefall mode because it's so slow. Strafing a target effectively requires you to come in from above and at an angle. Too many guys fly in far too low and get frustrated because their run is cut short. Being near the ceiling and coming in at about a 30-40 degree downward slope works best for me. Any more, and you risk hitting the ground or other obstacle on pullout. Any less, and you're unlikely to get all of the rocket pods in on one run, since the angle is poor. (Lesser angles would work in a wide-open field, but that's about it. Other places would have the enemy getting to cover.)

I can't see ground targets at all, but I'm color-blind. Tanks do stick out like a sore thumb, which is mostly what you should be going for anyway. Infantry are apt to escape before you get a good bead on them. Obviously, spotting and having spotters is key. I spam the back button constantly...in a jet, on foot, or in other vehicles.
post #9364 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:

I was going to ask if the M26 MASS also gets the added bonus when used in an underslung rail with the flash suppressor/heavy barrel, but then I read the wiki for the M26 and it states:

I didn't know that it had a negative effect on the slugs. I guess if I want to use the M26 at all, I always have to use the standalone version.

So going from that, the regular BUCKshot also gets a massive buff, but it's just not as far range. Might need to test this out.

I looked at the battlelog report. ANY kill with the M26 MASS is credited to the MASS. The Dart is the MASS with flechette ammo. It gets reported on Battlelog as MASS kills. Service stars are for the MASS. So this means battlelog isn't a clear indicator of weapon. Same goes for shotguns like the USAS - there's no way to tell if they did it with frag rounds or other rounds.

Regarding flying, a common mistake I see people making is starting their runs too soon. You really need a lot of time - the first 5-10 seconds are just spamming the back button to spot something. The remaining 20-30 seconds are unloading munitions. In rush, just use the cannon. Don't bother with rockets. Rockets just take too long to kill, and most people just exit the vehicle and run. As Spyder said, make sure you are applying the brake the whole time you're on your run. As long as you don't drop below (100?) meters, your landing gear will not come down. If it does, you're stuck sailing in a straight line at an insanely slow speed.
post #9365 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Yeah I thought they only got the boost from the underslung. I love the MASS and have used it since day 1. I took it off after the patch just so I don't have to explain to people.

Flying- You guys complaining might be holding the throttle down all the time. Once you reach takeoff speed the jets go on cruise control unless you throttle up/down. just an fyi
post #9366 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just for the record, I don't have a beef with Lowgn.
I just don't like being called a cheater.
post #9367 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 398
From battlefieldo.com:
Battlefield Premium contains all 5 Battlefield expansion packs with early access, new camos, and exclusive in-game items for a one-time fee.

Hopefully the "one time fee" isn't too steep.
post #9368 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

Just for the record, I don't have a beef with Lowgn.
I just don't like being called a cheater.

Don't worry lowgn, i still have beef for you.
post #9369 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

Yeah I thought they only got the boost from the underslung. I love the MASS and have used it since day 1. I took it off after the patch just so I don't have to explain to people.

Flying- You guys complaining might be holding the throttle down all the time. Once you reach takeoff speed the jets go on cruise control unless you throttle up/down. just an fyi

I think I am always holding the R trigger, it's hard for me to remember to let it go. I gotta work on that.

post #9370 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Don't worry lowgn, i still have beef for you.

you two make a cute couple.
post #9371 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

you two make a cute couple.

Now we know what the beef is for...blech...
post #9372 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

post #9373 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

Lol. Not a vehicle unlock but it would be nice to strap a giant tac light that rivaled the glare of the sun too!

Just a disclaimer for the scrim, the other night I tried to join the avs server and it wouldn't connect, but would allow me to join other servers. Anyway bottom line is hopefully I'll be able to join but may need someone to sub in just in case (fingers crossed)

Spyder and tumult, you guys up for playing or coming out of retirement?

You have me confused with spyder. Can't retire just yet when I'm Destroying most of the Usual regulars. I've also been trying to analyze a certain Kamakaze [bat] player who wont be named. I followed her around while she had an Explosive run, noting the routes she took and her style. I suggest everyone do the same. I hate to admit it, but I intentionally messed with his stats by reviving him when he was still in the line of fire

tum
post #9374 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 10:13 PM

Liked: 10
I am guessing your talking about me Tumult. Explosive run??...I rarely have those, and if i do its in the bathroom. A revive and then death still only equals 1 death I think. Im all for a revive in the line of fire, keeps them busy while someone else can get to them. My style is straight out run and gun, very kamakaze style. I am a flanking fool.

Speaking of flanking, tonight I flanked two snipers, c4'd them. sent them a friendly BOOM. and wait.........BOOM. Managed to Nexus a landed chopper while it repaired and as it got airborne......Boom...triple kill.
post #9375 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 10:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Good thing you jumped off when you did, because we got rolled again on Seine and Bazaar. Our team was not ready for a full team of Colonels (with some using Dart of course...and if not Dart then the Nube Tube...seriously one guy kept killing me with both of those...only those...I'm pretty sure he didn't use his main weapon at all during both of those matches).
post #9376 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 10:54 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't think anyone put these videos up yet. I can't get enough of these. Moar.

post #9377 of 16247 Old 05-17-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I don't think anyone put these videos up yet. I can't get enough of these. Moar.

"I NEED AMMO!"

Love these vids!
post #9378 of 16247 Old 05-18-2012, 12:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Effing Hilarious.

I was telling some of you guys about some of these 8 v8 CQ pubstars videos. They are pretty intense matches. They play each map twice comparing ticket counts from each game to determine the winner of that map.

post #9379 of 16247 Old 05-18-2012, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

From battlefieldo.com:
Battlefield Premium contains all 5 Battlefield expansion packs with early access, new camos, and exclusive in-game items for a one-time fee.

Hopefully the "one time fee" isn't too steep.

5 packs? Damn. Must be a couple unannounced packs that will take this right into BC3 for Fall '13? Two years of support is pretty good for a title.

Bad thing...that one time fee will probably be $60, figuring that at $15 a pop they'll give you one pack for free.

---------

On the MASS, I didn't see anything in that article that said flash suppressor has an effect on it. I thought it was only underslung/heavy barrel combo?

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #9380 of 16247 Old 05-18-2012, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Yeah I'll probably pass on it, waiting for sales for individual DLCs. Will have to see. I'm not that interested in the close quarters DLC anyways. Besides, they're making enough money off server rentals.
post #9381 of 16247 Old 05-18-2012, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
lol @ snake

If it wasn't clear I don't have a problem with anyone, nor do I care if people want to use the dart was just trying help make avs server more pub friendly. In the future don't worry won't waste my time some of you ladies love drama but I sure don't actions speak louder than words

XBL : lowgn
post #9382 of 16247 Old 05-18-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Yeah I'll probably pass on it, waiting for sales for individual DLCs. Will have to see. I'm not that interested in the close quarters DLC anyways. Besides, they're making enough money off server rentals.

I'm shocked, Zath doesn't want anything to do with a non-vehicle map!

360 GT = Atlienzz
PS3 GT = Atlienzz1979
post #9383 of 16247 Old 05-18-2012, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm actually getting more and more pumped for the CQ DLC. I'm liking the face to face-hallway-suppression everywhere battles more and more as this game goes on.

One thing- I'm really missing some B2k. I haven't played karkand in easily a month. Need a B2k night. CQ of course... =P or.. I'm down for some SQDM if anyone is up for it. Possibly tonight.
post #9384 of 16247 Old 05-18-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:

I think I am always holding the R trigger, it's hard for me to remember to let it go. I gotta work on that.

Yes, you do. When in a plane, one should be constantly switching between the right and left triggers; L for slowing when turning or strafing, then R for accelerating out of turns and when gaining altitude. Using the boost button is also essential, again, for the same reasons as accelerating. Once you get these basics down, kills start piling up far more readily.

I also have seen many pilots that think in somewhat to extreme linear terms. I'm never, ever at the same altitude for more than a second or two, even in a dogfight. Even when some go vertical, they do so in a perfect line, forming a singularly linear loop. Be prepared to get shot down if such is your strategy.

A plane should dance in the air, not just simply move through it from point A to point B.
post #9385 of 16247 Old 05-18-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

I'm actually getting more and more pumped for the CQ DLC. I'm liking the face to face-hallway-suppression everywhere battles more and more as this game goes on.

Can't wait - feel the same way now. I was playing co-op last weekend with a friend and I believe it's the 'Hit and Run' mission where you're in the office building - think that mission shows a sign of what to expect for environment/destruction. Even though it was against the computer, it was awesome blowing holes through walls with shotty's to get at people.

Seine, Metro, Bazaar, CQ DLC maps...sign me up.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #9386 of 16247 Old 05-18-2012, 09:22 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

"I NEED AMMO!"

Love these vids!

I actually LOL'd at this one. I am raining death...I need ammo...wooo whoooo. I need ammo. This is so cool....I need ammo

Funny as $hit
post #9387 of 16247 Old 05-18-2012, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Quote:

----
(A)Trail
(A)MPH
(A)Jammy
(A)Gutter
(B)Snake
(B)Kilmore
(B)Lowgn
(B)Harpua
(C)
(C)Dude
(C)Lazy
(C)Nexus
----
Emartin
Shmoopy?
General?

-Zath

Sorry martin i can never remember your tag.. You can get in, either through rotation or starting if people aren't on.

Honestly I'm fine if we just do something like Seine/metro/karkand/bazaar @ 200%.
Hell I'd be down for seine 2x and after that i dont care haha. Without zath we are going to have to work out who will have the jets if we play big maps.

I noticed a few missing spots so I threw myself in C. Again I will give up my spot for a AVS regular.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #9388 of 16247 Old 05-18-2012, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
I think the way it's shaking out I'm going to move jammy and guttah to C squad with Nexus and I because we wanted to squad up...unless they would prefer to avoid me...

(A)Trail
(A)MPH
(A)Lazy
(A)
(B)Snake
(B)Kilmore
(B)Lowgn
(B)Harpua
(C)Dude
(C)Jammy
(C)Gutter
(C)Nexus

Martins I moved you to A and then we just need to find one more soldier to round out the team. - Nothing personal, I just play with Jammy and Gutter a lot

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #9389 of 16247 Old 05-18-2012, 10:57 AM

One thing I love about bf is the big open maps. After being a call of duty whore up until modern warfare 2 and playing on small maps. Having close quarter maps on bf is going to be sweet. Having destructible environments in a close setting is going to be what I always thought cod should have. I hate throwing a grenade and it only leaving a black mark in the wall instead of blowing a hole in it.
post #9390 of 16247 Old 05-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

(A)Trail
(A)MPH
(A)Lazy
(A)JShmoopy
(B)Snake
(B)Kilmore
(B)Lowgn
(B)Harpua
(C)Dude
(C)Jammy
(C)Gutter
(C)Nexus

Guess I'll take the last spot. I will not be late this time.

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page