AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post

I may have to go buy a PC for this...

Hate to say it, but I've been thinking the same thing. I've been using a Mac for the past five or so years and have been brushing up lately on some of the new PC tech out there.

I'd have to build a HTPC to justify the cost though. I don't see myself playing much more beyond BF on there.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 16247 Old 02-08-2011, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Hate to say it, but I've been thinking the same thing. I've been using a Mac for the past five or so years and have been brushing up lately on some of the new PC tech out there.

I'd have to build a HTPC to justify the cost though. I don't see myself playing much more beyond BF on there.

I'm a mac guy myself and I'm fairly certain that my 4 yr old macbook will be able to run this game at all.

Perhaps it's time to finally build that HTPC as there's no way I'm gaming on anything other than my projector...

Salminella has become legend (or something like that):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #93 of 16247 Old 02-08-2011, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post

I'm a mac guy myself and I'm fairly certain that my 4 yr old macbook will be able to run this game at all.

Perhaps it's time to finally build that HTPC as there's no way I'm gaming on anything other than my projector...

My neighbor just got the same one as you. Don't you have the 8350? He had a super bowl party and just got that and a 120 screen. He definitely needs some help in the audio department which I offered my assistance.

My PJ setup is still probably 2 yrs out.

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #94 of 16247 Old 02-08-2011, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

My neighbor just got the same one as you. Don't you have the 8350? He had a super bowl party and just got that and a 120 screen. He definitely needs some help in the audio department which I offered my assistance.

My PJ setup is still probably 2 yrs out.

Yeah, that's the one that I have. Displaying on a 92" sitting about 9-10' away. Looks good, blacks are not the greatest but it still looks good and over all I'm really happy with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #95 of 16247 Old 02-08-2011, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
The Game Informer article was posted in case anyone missed it, this is looking better and better...

http://battlefield.gamersverse.com/a...cluding-scans/

XBL : lowgn
post #96 of 16247 Old 02-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

The Game Informer article was posted in case anyone missed it, this is looking better and better...

http://battlefield.gamersverse.com/a...cluding-scans/

I wish this was coming out today.

Xbox Gamertag: matteoms

Official Member of the Joy Puke Your Face Off Club.
post #97 of 16247 Old 02-08-2011, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Looking good. Can't wait to see FB 2.0 in action.

Liked the idea of more unlocks, and incentive to keep playing, not that I really need it if its as good as BC2. Interesting how they talk about the different ways of countering prone. I'm guessing there may be binoculars as equipment. The Jet comment was interesting as they said you can't go Mach 2 and expect to be balanced. They also acknowledge chopper whoring. Cannot wait for the beta!

Also the squad system revamping sounds like it will be nice. Maybe we can get a group of 8 to 12 or more together.

post #98 of 16247 Old 02-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Mobile AA is what we need.

Agreed. That would be awesome.

I wish shooters had the option to set up your base prior to the game, so the opposing team doesn't automatically know where everything is. Something like a 30-60 second pregame menu where the team leader could choose spawn points for vehicles and large weapons. (Or maybe the team could vote from a set of predetermined options) This would be the same time that everyone else is choosing their class and weapon/gadget items.

XBOX Live: Hank Love
post #99 of 16247 Old 02-08-2011, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPraze View Post

Agreed. That would be awesome.

I wish shooters had the option to set up your base prior to the game, so the opposing team doesn't automatically know where everything is. Something like a 30-60 second pregame menu where the team leader could choose spawn points for vehicles and large weapons. (Or maybe the team could vote from a set of predetermined options) This would be the same time that everyone else is choosing they're class and weapon/gadget items.

or just randomize it anyways. That'd cut down on people waiting in lines...

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #100 of 16247 Old 02-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

or just randomize it anyways. That'd cut down on people waiting in lines...

But then you would be running around trying to find everything yourself. (while getting shot at )

XBOX Live: Hank Love
post #101 of 16247 Old 02-09-2011, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPraze View Post

But then you would be running around trying to find everything yourself. (while getting shot at )

I was actually visualizing a chopper spawning on a river and a boat spawning on the helipad on top of a tank .

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #102 of 16247 Old 02-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Did anybody notice in the Game Informer article under the headline Power to the PC Players, that they suggest we are stuck with 24 player matches because they haven't heard any complaining about it. Screw you DICE.

XBL: DallasAch
post #103 of 16247 Old 02-09-2011, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose View Post
Did anybody notice in the Game Informer article under the headline Power to the PC Players, that they suggest we are stuck with 24 player matches because they haven't heard any complaining about it. Screw you DICE.
That doesn't seem correct. How would we know what or what not too complain about. 64 would be great, but I doubt the consoles could handle it and keep everything else stable. Any more than 24 would be nice though...32 maybe?

post #104 of 16247 Old 02-09-2011, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
frontlines had 50 players with no lag on 360, i didnt feel like it added to the game any... i've had many more intense games in BFBC2 than i did in frontlines.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #105 of 16247 Old 02-09-2011, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

frontlines had 50 players with no lag on 360, i didnt feel like it added to the game any... i've had many more intense games in BFBC2 than i did in frontlines.

Not sure how big the maps would be, but take for example Heavy Metal from the map pack. Its huge, 12 v12 doesn't seem like enough. Now granted, its only CQ, so maybe if it was rush it would play differently for sure. I guess we don't even know what game types will be in BF3 yet so too early to tell.

post #106 of 16247 Old 02-09-2011, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

well conquest IS battlefield, so we know that will be in there.... rush is kind of a bad company thing, so i guess that could go either way.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
post #107 of 16247 Old 02-09-2011, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

well conquest IS battlefield, so we know that will be in there.... rush is kind of a bad company thing, so i guess that could go either way.

Thats true, but Rush is much more fun than CQ, to me at least..

post #108 of 16247 Old 02-09-2011, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
RUSH rocks!
post #109 of 16247 Old 02-09-2011, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

I like rush, and didnt like conquest really much at all for the longest time, but for me conquest has more longevity.... map imbalance for rush defenders, or people who only play attack and jump out of the game on defense really suck... makes it hard to stay in a game very long.

post #110 of 16247 Old 02-09-2011, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Conquest can be slow paced with only 12 on 12 focusing on 3 objectives on a large map. I can definitely see why it was so successful in prior BF games with 64 players fighting over a few objectives though.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #111 of 16247 Old 02-09-2011, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Conquest can be slow paced with only 12 on 12 focusing on 3 objectives on a large map. I can definitely see why it was so successful in prior BF games with 64 players fighting over a few objectives though.

I guess for BF2, the map shrank for few players. They had 3 sizes for up to 64. Guessing whatever they decide the max is for console, the map size will reflect that. I'm fine with that.

post #112 of 16247 Old 02-16-2011, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

CEO Talk, while you may not like his confidence or (arrogance), he does have some valid points:

Battlefield 3 will be the best game released this year, reckons EA CEO John Riccitiello.

Speaking at the Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference, Riccitiello conceded that EA lost the market leading position it once had with Medal of Honor, but added, "we're after it now".

"I've made no excuse for the reality that I want market leadership in the first-person shooter game business," he said. "In many ways I feel that we created the first mass market first-person shooter with Medal of Honor and unfortunately with the transition to the PS3 era we lost that. We're after it now.

"There's a great thing about an annual franchise, whether it's us or our competition; when you've got that annual franchise it's a meal ticket, it can generate a great deal of income.

"One of the problems with an annual franchise is you don't take the time to reengineer the underlying codebase so that it's as 'next-generation' as it can be," he added.

"We think there's a window of opportunity here. We've been investing for three years to build Battlefield 3. I think it will stand up as the best product in the industry this year... and we're going dead at 'em."

Battlefield 3's impressive Frostbite 2 engine has been described by EA as "incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights".

post #113 of 16247 Old 02-16-2011, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah definitely CEO talk there, but interesting none the less...

If you guys are looking for up to the minutes news, there's a really great aggregator site someone hacked together, that takes all known developer/producer/designer tweets and forum posts about BF3 and puts them in one place. I find the forums only link has the best signal to noise ratio - http://bf3.immersedcode.org/forums/

XBL : lowgn
post #114 of 16247 Old 02-16-2011, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

Yeah definitely CEO talk there, but interesting none the less...

If you guys are looking for up to the minutes news and rumors, there's a really great aggregator site someone hacked together, that takes all known developer/producer/designer tweets and forum posts about BF3 and puts them in one place. I find the forums only link has the best signal to noise ratio - http://bf3.immersedcode.org/forums/

Thats pretty sweet. Reading some of those comment make me laugh that some gamers think they know more than them about making a good game.

post #115 of 16247 Old 02-16-2011, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
"One of the problems with an annual franchise is you don't take the time to reengineer the underlying codebase so that it's as 'next-generation' as it can be," he added.
So much this. The last four CODs are pretty much the same.

I am so hoping that this is everything that I expect it to be!

post #116 of 16247 Old 02-16-2011, 10:42 AM

Liked: 10
Man Im torn on which platform to pick this up on now. My PC is pretty current minus the 8800 GT VC. I do however enjoy playing on my 65" HDTV over my 23" Monitor. Not to mention sitting in lazy boy > puter chair.

XBL : FrccDirtyNeedlz

post #117 of 16247 Old 02-16-2011, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecrusher View Post

Man Im torn on which platform to pick this up on now. My PC is pretty current minus the 8800 GT VC. I do however enjoy playing on my 65" HDTV over my 23" Monitor. Not to mention sitting in lazy boy > puter chair.

The awesome peeps on this forum I play with for BC2 makes this choice a no-brainer. 360. Maybe PC later when it's dirt cheap (like BC2 was over holiday sale)

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #118 of 16247 Old 02-16-2011, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

The awesome peeps on this forum I play with for BC2 makes this choice a no-brainer. 360. Maybe PC later when it's dirt cheap (like BC2 was over holiday sale)

this.... playing with the 360 crew is great...
post #119 of 16247 Old 02-16-2011, 05:39 PM

Liked: 10
BC2 is my favorite game and I'm sure BC3 will be amazing but it bugs me a bit their attitude is "pc is our focus, consoles get the dregs".
post #120 of 16247 Old 02-17-2011, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno21 View Post

BC2 is my favorite game and I'm sure BC3 will be amazing but it bugs me a bit their attitude is "pc is our focus, consoles get the dregs".

They're sticking with their roots with the main Battlefield series, which I kind of commend them for. It's so rare to see a developer go this direction.

That being said, I highly doubt the console versions are going to be sloppy ports. They aren't going to dismiss the fact that combined consoles sales of BC2 outsold the PC version about 15:1.

Xbox Live:
 | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID:
| Origin ID: oktoberrust11

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page