Old 10-18-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Nice, at least I'll have one other person to play with.

Figured I'll be the only one playing on a 360 from here on out. I'm going to ride this one out until it unofficially dies Nov 15th @ 12:00AM.

hi there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2013, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Sweet almost have enough for a squad!

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
Old 10-18-2013, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

Sweet almost have enough for a squad!

So are you getting BF4 for 360? Then switching to PS4 11/15?

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

Old 10-18-2013, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

No, I was talking about playing BF3 until 4 drops. I think BF4 on a 360 would be more like BF3.01. Going to hold out for the next gen version. biggrin.gif 64 players and high resolution graphics FTW!

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
Old 10-18-2013, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:

No, I was talking about playing BF3 until 4 drops. I think BF4 on a 360 would be more like BF3.01. Going to hold out for the next gen version. biggrin.gif 64 players and high resolution graphics FTW!

Was thinking about that but I can't not play, knowing full well there are maps/modes to be learned. PLus it will be nice to have a 360 copy in case something happens with the XBone servers or issues. Who know what if anything may happen.

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

Old 10-18-2013, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

All valid points. I don't why I'm so hung up on playing BF4 only on next gen... probably because I want the launch to be impactful. A new game, on a new console, played thru a new system, sitting in my new chair... I can't wait.

Took all my willpower to resist playing the beta. I even had to withstand some high-level peer pressure from Neo, who was like a devil on my shoulder, and had scripted rebuttals for every one of my reasons for not playing. He almost broke me down.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
Old 10-18-2013, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:

All valid points. I don't why I'm so hung up on playing BF4 only on next gen... probably because I want the launch to be impactful. A new game, on a new console, played thru a new system, sitting in my new chair... I can't wait.

Took all my willpower to resist playing the beta. I even had to withstand some high-level peer pressure from Neo, who was like a devil on my shoulder, and had scripted rebuttals for every one of my reasons for not playing. He almost broke me down.

You can totally hold it till next gen to get that completely different and new BF experience but you'll be sacrificing having two weeks to start ranking up and unlocking weapons and such since current gen ranks will carry over to next gen according to what Dice has said.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
Old 10-18-2013, 06:30 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

You can totally hold it till next gen to get that completely different and new BF experience but you'll be sacrificing having two weeks to start ranking up and unlocking weapons and such since current gen ranks will carry over to next gen according to what Dice has said.
If he plays bf4 anything like bf3 he'll pass us all pretty quickly in rank once he gets started.

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
Old 10-18-2013, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

If he plays bf4 anything like bf3 he'll pass us all pretty quickly in rank once he gets started.

Truth

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
Old 10-18-2013, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Sounds like Hapi, you should takes pieces of different computers you have and make a gaming pc to hold you over.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:

Haha biggrin.gif

True love waits I guess...

Will be playing on 360 till BF4 comes out on PS4 end of Nov (in EU).

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
Old 10-19-2013, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Ha, I took the week of Thanksgiving off to play catch up wink.gif

Hopping on in 30 for a small Sat session, and will prob do the same tomorrow morn too.

I'm talking with a family member about trading his gaming system for the htpc in my office, so pc play is likely.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
Old 10-19-2013, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ha, I took the week of Thanksgiving off to play catch up wink.gif

Same for me here. I've got the 15th though the 20th off and then Thanksgiving week off as well (11/23 through 12/1). I should be able to get some serious BF4 time in during this timeframe.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Nice. I took the 15th off too for a long launch weekend. biggrin.gif

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
Old 10-19-2013, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 521
Me too, 15th and all of Thanksgiving week.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Partytime.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
Old 10-19-2013, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Sweet!

Guess I wasn't the only one planning ahead for BF4 and the new console launches.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

I'll join you on BF3 PC too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

mph I'll join you on bf3 pc.

If you guys want to setup a time, I'll try to make it. It would probably be better if you two, and anybody else that wants to PC play bf3, get together and setup a time to play earlier in the day or the day before, then I can probably schedule it in. Otherwise I'll just end up playing by myself at weird hours.

Just let me know when and I'll try to be there.

I've yet to check into chat via pc. How's that work with BF3?

I know Moob mentioned he uses his 360 controller specifically for chat purposes.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Good games on 360 today.

Trail and Hapi, you both froze at the exact same time.

Trail I was watching you run in place, and didn't know if it was you or me about to freeze up / lose connection. When I see that I usually stop shooting and stand still as I believe that might help me from losing connection at times. Anyways, it was you that just, poof, disappeared right in front of me.

We lost 2 minutes later.

Who are them guys Btw?
Old 10-20-2013, 07:19 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Yeah I froze up. Me and you had a good spot over there too. The server admin is "y u no survive" he's pretty cool. Idk who the other guy was. Sometimes I get pretty bad lag on his server and today was no exception. Usually I can deal with it, but up against some good players and when playing hardcore it makes it much more difficult. It took me a few games to adjust in hardcore. Spotting is pretty much useless, proxy on vehicles is useless w no mini map. Can't play as aggressive as I like to either. Had fun though even though it may not seem like it from my complaining above smile.gif

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
Old 10-20-2013, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

I do enjoy flying in hardcore. Quite a challenge smile.gif
Old 10-21-2013, 08:03 AM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

Yeah I froze up. Me and you had a good spot over there too. The server admin is "y u no survive" he's pretty cool. Idk who the other guy was. Sometimes I get pretty bad lag on his server and today was no exception. Usually I can deal with it, but up against some good players and when playing hardcore it makes it much more difficult. It took me a few games to adjust in hardcore. Spotting is pretty much useless, proxy on vehicles is useless w no mini map. Can't play as aggressive as I like to either. Had fun though even though it may not seem like it from my complaining above smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

I do enjoy flying in hardcore. Quite a challenge smile.gif

I tried joining and playing a few times and was severely disappointed. Despite it being a west coast server, I was having lag issues galore. Throw in the fact that every single map was nothing but daywalking and the joy was not to be found. Plus, it didn't help that we got spanked by hundreds of tickets repeatedly. I'm obviously rusty, after not playing ANY Battlefield for months, but that was a sad state of events yesterday for me. frown.gif

Might try a little BF today and see what happens.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

I was playing that server all day, and it got laggy around the time AVS'rs started showing up tongue.gif

True vehicles in Hardcore are tough as hell to drive/fly. Mph and I had a nice run in a tank, but otherwise i like to play hardcore with a high damage weapon and rack up one or two shot kills. Hardcore rush is all about sniping, or my fav is to bipod up with a LMG.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
Old 10-21-2013, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Pity I missed it. mad.gif

Old 10-27-2013, 02:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Stop torturing yourself and use a controller the way God intended games to be played cool.gif

That guy you think was cheating has only 10% accuracy, so there was no way he was headshot'in anyone without outside help.

On a side note, you have 97K kills in this game. A 100K would look sweet on your resume.

100k kills done!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/mphfrom77/

With BF4 coming out I had thought it might be detrimental for me to dive to deep into pc play with Bf3's guns here the last couple of weeks. I was mainly concentrating on vehicles. But I couldn't stop myself from doing some gunplay, and frankly I am glad I did.

I've racked up over 2000 kills now, and often I can finish pretty high up on the board in all types of matches.

It's been awkward using a k/b mouse setup, and it still is at times, but I have been getting better.

But I had probably the most epic game on Metro the other day IMO. And I think it was the match that put me up over 100k kills total for BF3.

It was a standard 100% ticket round, in a mixed map Conquest server. I think I initially ran in with my Assault Class from the RU outside spawn , but once we took B, I decided to go straight at the enemy with the Support Class and my newly acquired M240B lmg. The most epic part really was at the side stairs. Their team had a pretty good push and were all over the side stairs. I threw a couple of grenades and charged out of the locker room onto them. Felt like I single handily just killed everyone on the stairs and pushed them back to C flag damn near. And I didn't die when I made that side stairs push. That was the most epic part. Felt like I mowed down 10 guys all at once. I really have no idea, it was chaos. For that round I went 46-4 and got the most kills for the match. I was killing everything I shot at. I would have had more, but I tracked down a couple guys that escaped through, and was away from the action for a while doing that each time, on my own / my team had not clue, btw. But between 98,000 kills in BF3 on console and 2,000 on PC, that was probably the best round of standard 100% tickets of Conquest on Metro I have had to date. So I was and still am pretty happy about it. It was like I couldn't miss. I was afraid people were going to accuse me of cheating or something...http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/71037383/362598461/

I still have very bad games. But most games, I'm fairly satisfied with my performance.

I've got BF4 preloaded on the pc ready to go.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Old 10-28-2013, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

100k kills done!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/mphfrom77/

But I had probably the most epic game on Metro the other day IMO. And I think it was the match that put me up over 100k kills total for BF3.

that was probably the best round of standard 100% tickets of Conquest on Metro I have had to date. So I was and still am pretty happy about it. It was like I couldn't miss. I was afraid people were going to accuse me of cheating or something...http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/71037383/362598461/

Nice man, you're officially a Boss. Although I wanted to see 100K on just your 360 account! But you get a pass, because you have nothing to prove, and nobody would expect you to step down from those PC graphics and slum it on the 360 again.

Seriously though, 46 kills in 15 mins is some major production. Over 2 kills a min is a very difficult stat to achieve, let alone 3 kills/min. I had a Rush game yesterday defending on Bazaar, where I was just mowing people down, and I got 85 kills in 30 mins. That was an awesome game for me, but I don't think I've ever gone over 3 kills/min in a game. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/2/98496773/256807859/

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
Old 10-28-2013, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Lol, you've never played on a 64 man Metro server and went all gung ho with a lmg either. We'll see what you do next gen.

Guess you didn't make that pc trade or whatever that you mentioned.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes good games yesterday indeed! :-)

Old 10-28-2013, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, still having fun with BF3. Neo, Spyder, and I were playing yesterday and had good games - some ridiculously so.

Mph - the PC is a few hours drive away, just been lazy about going to get it.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea