Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16247 Old 02-03-2011, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 54

Quote:

Battlefield creators DICE will give us our first peek at the long-awaited Battlefield 3 tomorrow, February 4, in video teaser form. But the latest Game Informer magazine cover gives us a small hint at what to expect.

Visually, Battlefield 3's art has the same vibe present in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and its Vietnam expansion, but it's the decimated environments that may offer the biggest clues to the next Battlefield game's big selling point. GI mentions a few new technical features, including animation techniques borrowed from the EA Sports guys and an "exponential leap in destructibility."

Keep an eye peeled tomorrow for the first teaser for the upcoming PS3, Xbox 360 and PC game, when we'll hopefully see what DICE's "Frostbite 2" game engine is capable ofand if Battlefield 3 is capable of chipping away at Call of Duty's ever-increasing fan base.

http://kotaku.com/5751373/your-first...-battlefield-3

Salminella Now Better with Kinect: 360 PSN

Official member and mascot of the AVS' Xbox 360 Elite Club of Awesomeness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16247 Old 02-03-2011, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
sWEEET

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #3 of 16247 Old 02-03-2011, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Ya know, lately I've been craving some Battlefield style gaming.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #4 of 16247 Old 02-03-2011, 05:00 PM

Liked: 10
Hells yeah, baby!
post #5 of 16247 Old 02-03-2011, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 638
have they given even a rough idea of release date.... i cannot wait, still upset i traded BC2 in..
post #6 of 16247 Old 02-03-2011, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

have they given even a rough idea of release date.... i cannot wait, still upset i traded BC2 in..

well MOH preorder folks gained access to the beta, which takes place this fall.... they could do a pre-xmas release, or wait like they did with bad company 2, and we'd see it a little more than a year from now.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #7 of 16247 Old 02-03-2011, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

well hopefully if they are already releasing info about it now hopefully they can have it by xmas
post #8 of 16247 Old 02-03-2011, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

Ya know, lately I've been craving some Battlefield style gaming.

Its much improved since you last played. A lot of gameplay tweaks and new maps.

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #9 of 16247 Old 02-03-2011, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
quick overview on the gameplay tweaks?

Also, any word on whether BC3 will use the same engine as BC2?

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #10 of 16247 Old 02-03-2011, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post

quick overview on the gameplay tweaks?

Also, any word on whether BC3 will use the same engine as BC2?

Says new Frostbite 2.0 above.

Harder to crate bash, tweaked weapons, MCOM's moved on some maps so you can't always just take the building down. There's a couple of big lists in BC2 thread.

post #11 of 16247 Old 02-03-2011, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Nice! Looking forward to hearing more about what they've been up to!

I hope there is some other way to get access to the beta -- I'd buy MoH right now if would guarantee me a spot in the beta but it looks like it was only for pre-orders.

XBL : lowgn
post #12 of 16247 Old 02-03-2011, 09:17 PM

Liked: 10
If history is a precursor, there will be beta codes online. Sharpen your google-fu in the mean time so you're ready.

I really hope they have a "doubles" mode like halo.
post #13 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 04:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Teaser is up

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...order-now.aspx

This is it! We are very excited to announce the first details on Battlefield 3 and to kickstart the preorders for the Limited Edition!

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.

Battlefield 3 will release this Fall. You can preorder the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition at www.battlefield.com now. The exact contents of the Limited Edition will be revealed around GDC.

post #14 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I kinda miss the bf2 bombers.. on console though that'll take the chopper whores to a whole new level..
post #15 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

Battlefield 3 will release this Fall. You can preorder the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition at www.battlefield.com now. The exact contents of the Limited Edition will be revealed around GDC.

Awesome.

They said last year it would be ready by fall, but I was skeptical with the lack of info.

Lowgn - I'm thinking you can get away with grabbing a used copy of MoH to get into the Beta (as long as it has the BF3 beta in the corner of the cover). There wasn't a code in the packaging when I bought it. I may do the same as this is the only game I'm really looking forward to this year.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #16 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Awesome.

They said last year it would be ready by fall, but I was skeptical with the lack of info.

Lowgn - I'm thinking you can get away with grabbing a used copy of MoH to get into the Beta (as long as it has the BF3 beta in the corner of the cover). There wasn't a code in the packaging when I bought it. I may do the same as this is the only game I'm really looking forward to this year.

Since you already had it and sold it, you can probably just scrape up a used copy when the release beta info...

I actually still have mine

post #17 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

I don't know how they do it, but I didn't have to still have the game for the other preorder stuff that I've gotten from EA.

Salminella Now Better with Kinect: 360 PSN

Official member and mascot of the AVS' Xbox 360 Elite Club of Awesomeness
post #18 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

yes... fall that makes me so happy...
post #19 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 06:37 AM

64 player multiplayer, planes and prone. That pretty much says it all. If they can make minor improvements to the BC2 formula, open up the squad or party limits and eliminate lag, this could me the best team based fps ever. With my experience with BC2 I think they can do all of it but the lag.

I never have payed much attention to the MAG thread on the PS3 forum, does it have relatively good reviews? (it was a 32 player game or 64?). I'm not sure if the consoles can handle 64 player games yet and still have the level of gameplay that people have come to expect. Most games on BC2 run pretty smooth but other times, ugh, it is completely unplayable. And that is just with 24 players.

But if the can pull it off, I want to be the first to sign up for a 32 AVS player team. That would be completely awesome.

XBL: bigorangeking

Elite Club of Awesomeness Member

post #20 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

It says 64 player (on PC) which makes me think less on consoles. 32 or so. I just hope we can link together say 3 squads of 4.

post #21 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

They originally have been saying that they would reveal details during GDC (Feb 28-Mar 4) so this is just a tease but damn I'm loving the Battlefield theme thrown in there... I'm sure we'll get much more details soon. As someone who got into Battlefield with 1943, and hearing so much about Battlefield 2 from people who played back in the day I'm stoked to see what is in store for us!

Regarding the MoH pre-order, for those of you that got, you're saying there wasn't a "VIP code" or something along those lines that we got with BC2, and instead it's actually included on the disc itself? Maybe the beta will be accessed through the game menu? If that's the case I'm going to hit up my local gamestops to see if I can find it used. I'm more concerned if it's a code on the package or included that someone would just write down the number / already use it before trading in.

post #22 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

They originally have been saying that they would reveal details during GDC (Feb 28-Mar 4) so this is just a tease but damn I'm loving the Battlefield theme thrown in there... I'm sure we'll get much more details soon. As someone who got into Battlefield with 1943, and hearing so much about Battlefield 2 from people who played back in the day I'm stoked to see what is in store for us!

Regarding the MoH pre-order, for those of you that got, you're saying there wasn't a "VIP code" or something along those lines that we got with BC2, and instead it's actually included on the disc itself? Maybe the beta will be accessed through the game menu? If that's the case I'm going to hit up my local gamestops to see if I can find it used. I'm more concerned if it's a code on the package or included that someone would just write down the number / already use it before trading in.

Lemme check when I get home for you before you go buy it. Could be linked to the online pass it came with.

post #23 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

sounds good thanks hoosier

post #24 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:

Since you already had it and sold it, you can probably just scrape up a used copy when the release beta info...

I actually still have mine

I do miss those combat mission maps! It's unfortunate that they never really supported the game and added more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

I'm the same way with BF1943. Never played BF2, but have never heard a bad thing about it either.

There was a VIP code - forgot about that. Not sure if you'll need it, but I would wait for a Gamefly sale - they send you the VIP code when you buy a used game from them since it never goes out with the rental.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #25 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Day one, chokeslamming little kids and knocking grandmothers to the floor to be first purchase for me.

Xbox Gamertag: matteoms

Official Member of the Joy Puke Your Face Off Club.
post #26 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

I have a feeling whoever put that teaser together was a Terminator Salvation fan....

XBL: DallasAch
post #27 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Oh man. BC3 is going to be epic. The lag still can be an issue but when there is no lag, the gaming is amazing. I think they should but a VAD on every Chopper map. Hate it when someone is a good pilot with those things. More people in a squad would be nice. Like 6 or 8. Maybe quicker respawn time would be nice too. Better customization of weapons where as a medic can equip assault guns and vise versa. Snowmible on snow maps. Vietnam is still a good game. I don't know how they can make it even better than BC2.
post #28 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Its much improved since you last played. A lot of gameplay tweaks and new maps.

BC2 has?

I'd like to see a new physics/movement engine, I know it's superficial but the movement/shooting feels so much more natural in the CoD games. The actual gameplay though was a blast!

Also, as cool as squads are it sucks only being able to talk to a portion of your team.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #29 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

Oh man. BC3 is going to be epic. The lag still can be an issue but when there is no lag, the gaming is amazing. I think they should but a VAD on every Chopper map. Hate it when someone is a good pilot with those things. More people in a squad would be nice. Like 6 or 8. Maybe quicker respawn time would be nice too. Better customization of weapons where as a medic can equip assault guns and vise versa. Snowmible on snow maps. Vietnam is still a good game. I don't know how they can make it even better than BC2.

Jets > Choppas!

post #30 of 16247 Old 02-04-2011, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

BC2 has?

I'd like to see a new physics/movement engine, I know it's superficial but the movement/shooting feels so much more natural in the CoD games. The actual gameplay though was a blast!

Also, as cool as squads are it sucks only being able to talk to a portion of your team.

Yeah, BC2's movement feels a little heavy compared to COD and not as smooth.

Quote:

Jets > Choppas!

I think we are going into space with this one!
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page