Halo CE remake official - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 113 Old 11-27-2011, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I picked it up last night. I am looking forward to some multi-player. It has been several years since I did any MP games in any title.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 113 Old 12-02-2011, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 290
I got my copy yesterday, played up to the point where you start driving around Halo to rescue the other survivors. The game looks pretty good, especially once you land on Halo the colors really pop.

The maps got a great overhaul, I played a couple matches and Hang em High came up (one of my favorites) and I was shocked at how cool it looks now... good stuff, $$ well spent! Looking forward to some more time with the campaign and MP.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #93 of 113 Old 12-04-2011, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I got my copy yesterday, played up to the point where you start driving around Halo to rescue the other survivors. The game looks pretty good, especially once you land on Halo the colors really pop.

The maps got a great overhaul, I played a couple matches and Hang em High came up (one of my favorites) and I was shocked at how cool it looks now... good stuff, $$ well spent! Looking forward to some more time with the campaign and MP.

Sounds good..I am forcing myself to wait until Christmas break to start playing with my cousin in CoOp - and Hang Em High is what we are MOST excited about...... Hang Em High Rockets has seen many hours played on my set.
post #94 of 113 Old 12-04-2011, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Any talk of bringing this to Games on Demand? Seems like a perfect candidate for it.

XBL : lowgn
post #95 of 113 Old 12-06-2011, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Well, I have finally been playing this some, and going through on Legendary is tougher than I remember. I did the Escape form the Cartographer Map room without shooting anything. That is one crazy achievement, especially without the infinite grenades. Fortunately, I had the grunt funeral skull on along with Boom so Grunts do a lot of cascading explosions in packs. Still, it was pretty rough at times.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
post #96 of 113 Old 12-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Any idea if they are remastering Halo 2 as well? It'd be nice to see the whole story arc in current gen graphics.

Of course there is the whole Halo 3 needs to run of disc thing - did they ever do a patch to fix it or is this just the reality of Halo 3?
post #97 of 113 Old 12-06-2011, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 110
I played a few of the Halo CE Anniversary maps through Halo Reach.

I like them, its just strange to play Halo after Call of Duty and Battlefield.
post #98 of 113 Old 12-06-2011, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

I played a few of the Halo CE Anniversary maps through Halo Reach.

I like them, its just strange to play Halo after Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Me too, I really like them but you are right... constantly throwing nades to ads. I'm enjoying the campaign too, playing the Silent Cartographer now, switching to the original graphics is a very cool. I really love what they've done with the maps though. Does anyone know if/when they will be in regular rotation for multi-team and TDM?

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #99 of 113 Old 12-06-2011, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post

Of course there is the whole Halo 3 needs to run of disc thing - did they ever do a patch to fix it or is this just the reality of Halo 3?

This affects the map loading time when playing multiplayer, assuming you're talking strictly about the campaign you could install it to the HDD.

I'm not sure if it increases the load times for levels or not (probably), but of course the benefit to doing it would be less stress and noise from the DVD drive.

Which to me would be a fair tradeoff.

PSN Username - Kenshiro26
XBOX LIVE Gamertag - Kenshiro 26
Steam Username - Kenshiro_26
Origin ID - Kenshiro26
post #100 of 113 Old 12-06-2011, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

Any idea if they are remastering Halo 2 as well? It'd be nice to see the whole story arc in current gen graphics.

They will certainly do it if the sales of this are good but it would take a significant amount of time to polish Halo 2 and 3 and that probably won't happen for some time given how the MS studio resources are focused on Halo 4 right now.
post #101 of 113 Old 12-06-2011, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Unless this thing is a disappointing seller (Which it doesn't appear to be, so far), I think a Halo 2 update is all but guaranteed.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same team responsible for this project is already hard at work on it.

And there's no need to patch Halo 3. It works just fine installed to the hard drive. It's unfortunate you can't actually decrease loadtimes significantly by installing it, but it doesn't increase them significantly, either (Even when online, I've read). Well worth installing it just to save wear and tear on the drive and kill the drive noise from what I've read (I don't actually own Halo 3).
post #102 of 113 Old 12-06-2011, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

Unless this thing is a disappointing seller (Which it doesn't appear to be, so far), I think a Halo 2 update is all but guaranteed.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same team responsible for this project is already hard at work on it.

And there's no need to patch Halo 3. It works just fine installed to the hard drive. It's unfortunate you can't actually decrease loadtimes significantly by installing it, but it doesn't increase them significantly, either (Even when online, I've read). Well worth installing it just to save wear and tear on the drive and kill the drive noise from what I've read (I don't actually own Halo 3).

Halo 3 does suffer from some issues when installed. It was developed to be able to stream textures from the HDD and disc at the same time. You will notice some frame rate issues at times if its installed.

Halo 2 certainly could use an update, but I don't see 3 needing anything at all, its a good looking game.
post #103 of 113 Old 12-06-2011, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by 257Tony View Post

Halo 3 does suffer from some issues when installed. It was developed to be able to stream textures from the HDD and disc at the same time. You will notice some frame rate issues at times if its installed.

Thanks

I thought it just resulted in slightly increased load times compared to just running it directly off the disc. Didn't realize it caused any performance issues.
post #104 of 113 Old 12-07-2011, 01:00 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

well the 720 will be out fall of 2013 so they would have to puul people off of Halo 5 to work on the halo 2 remake

of course halo 5 would launch the 720
post #105 of 113 Old 01-12-2012, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Finally got to play this over Christmas.

Love it all over again.

However I hink they went a little dayglo with the colours and the lighting lost some of its atmosphere ,its a little too bright and evenly lit now , Halo CE was deliberately gloomy in some parts.

digital film janitor
post #106 of 113 Old 01-12-2012, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

The first game since probably King Kong where I got all 1000 points on achievements. Nostalgia is a helluva drug...
post #107 of 113 Old 01-12-2012, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post

Finally got to play this over Christmas.

Love it all over again.

However I hink they went a little dayglo with the colours and the lighting lost some of its atmosphere ,its a little too bright and evenly lit now , Halo CE was deliberately gloomy in some parts.

Can't you just switch to the "original" mode if you want the old way? Thought that was a feature.

I'm definitely going to pick this up, but waiting for it to be available through "On Demand" first...

XBL : lowgn
post #108 of 113 Old 01-12-2012, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

Can't you just switch to the "original" mode if you want the old way? Thought that was a feature.

Yes but the old way doesn't benefit from the improvement in texture and scene detail. They've got worried about the original lighting beng perceived as murky rather than atmospheric and have overcompensated.

Net result is everything is brighter but its also blander and has lost a bit of dynamic range and that was one of the key things that made Halo stand out when it was originally released.

digital film janitor
post #109 of 113 Old 01-13-2012, 03:46 PM

I didn't start playing Halo until Halo 3. I have to say i am more impressed with everyone they bring out. The release of Halo CE was perfect for me. The gameplay helps me realize the strides that Bungie and now 343 continue to make. I am hooked for life. Can't wait for a remaster of Halo 2.
post #110 of 113 Old 01-13-2012, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

*If they remaster Halo 2*
I'd like to see it done also but it hasn't been announced has it?

XBOX 360-RY35AN
PS3-RY35AN
post #111 of 113 Old 01-24-2012, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Tried some coop over Live last night with a buddy. Gosh this stutters something awful - I don't think there is much netcode in this game. It was definitely his connection, as my FIOS ping tests and speed tests in A+ territory. But OMG when I connect straight up w/ him its just a jerky laggy mess.
post #112 of 113 Old 01-24-2012, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 493
I've been playing the co-op campaign and it's friggin awesome. Love the new graphics except for some scenes where they're just so pretty whereas the original was dark, moody, and creepy.

Also, the original mode isn't what you see on the original Xbox as the resolution is higher and it's widescreen instead of 4:3.

But those are nitpicking a great title.
post #113 of 113 Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I started playing this and it's surprising how well it holds up, even after 11 years it plays great. The new graphics are beautiful but the framerate isn't that good as I'd like.

Halo CE has some issues and isn't as refined as later titles. The difficulty spike when you get on the Truth and Reconciliation is brutal and unexpected. It reminded me that developers back then didn't do the type of focus testing and data gathering they do today. The new graphics also caused an issue here. The invisible guys with the sword kept killing me. I died about 20-30 times (on Heroic) and it only took me 3 tries with the old graphics. The sword blends in with the new scenery a bit too much.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page