Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 113 Old 02-04-2011, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Link to Joystiq's.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 113 Old 02-04-2011, 11:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Reread it, there's nothing more official now than there was beforehand.

"Sources explain"

"The Halo: Combat Evolved remake is allegedly being developed by New Jersey-based Saber Interactive"

Still, it's a very safe bet even if we haven't had official confirmation yet. I think everyone knew something like this was going to hit eventually. Too bad there's no chance of something like RalliSport Challenge 2 and Project Gotham Racing 2 getting the HD treatment.
post #3 of 113 Old 02-05-2011, 12:24 AM

Liked: 93
So what you're saying is that it's still a rumor, but decided to go ahead and slap the "official" label on it anyway? Way to win, dude. Way to win.
post #4 of 113 Old 02-05-2011, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 145
This is still just an unsubstantiated rumor at this point, but I think anybody in their right mind would be foolish to think that Microsoft isn't working on a Halo 1 remake (as well as Halo 2). It just makes absolutely perfect sense to do this before the end of the Xbox 360's peak lifespan years. Halo 4 makes more sense for Xbox Titanium.

post #5 of 113 Old 02-05-2011, 11:59 PM

Halo 4 came out like two games ago, dude.

And what the hell is this "Titanium" name that you just busted out with?
post #6 of 113 Old 02-06-2011, 12:23 AM
AVS Special Member

I think he's just being cute. Wasn't the code name for the 360 during much of it's development Xenon (Also the name of it's processor if I'm not mistaken)? So I guess he just picked a different element to call the 360's successor.

It wasn't much of a prediction since it seemed so obvious they'd do this, but I'm still satisfied that this rumor is gaining strength. I predicted this would happen in one of those threads about Xbox Live support ending for the original system and had several people post about how unlikely it was and how little sense it made since the original games were backwards compatible.

It's always fun to be proven right (Assuming this information is correct).
post #7 of 113 Old 02-06-2011, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 151
If true, I would really like to see the multiplayer that was local only transformed into online. I really liked the MP and hope they keep it intact. They probably won't though.

I really doubt I would buy this game. I loved the first game but I can't really see a reason to want to replay it. I guess I will have to wait and see what comes of this.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #8 of 113 Old 02-06-2011, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

And what the hell is this "Titanium" name that you just busted out with?

Oh snap, I shouldn't have revealed the code name in public. DAMN.

No, actually, I'm just tired of using Xbox 720. It's funny how everybody says Xbox 720 (myself included), even though we know that there is about zero chances of it actually being called that. Xbox Titanium is just about as likely, lol.
post #9 of 113 Old 02-13-2011, 09:09 AM

Liked: 10
So is the dude writing bungie's weekly update referring to this news?

Bungie Weekly Update

It's been fascinating to see the rumor mill grinding away from the opposite side of the fence these last few years. As a fan, there's this devilish sense of defiant giddiness that washes over you when you realize you might have been granted access to something much earlier than anyone ever expected. It's like sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve to fondle your presents, surgically removing the tape, and getting your first good look at what will be in store for you in the morning.

Some children get so worked up that they just want to run off, scrawl their name on a scrap of paper, and deliver their triumphant message for the whole entire Internet to see, like a made-for-TV antagonist providing undeniable proof of their dastardly crimes. Others just can't wait to tear open the wrapping paper and play with some new toys.

Per policy, you probably already know that I'm not going into any details about whatever it is that I'm on about today. I'm already straddling a somewhat ill-defined line with my opening remarks. That said, there is a proper time and a place for this sort of thing, and it won't be too much longer until everything is out in the open all official like, and things start to make a little more sense.

Stay tuned.
post #10 of 113 Old 02-15-2011, 01:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Sounds like he could be referring to anything.
post #11 of 113 Old 02-20-2011, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Is this remake still happening? Reason I ask, is because Saber Interactive is supposedly the developer of it, but it has already been revealed that they are working on another game, Inversion. I'm not sure how big of a studio they are, certainly it's not impossible that they would be working on two games at one time, but you'd think that Microsoft would want them totally devoted to making sure the Halo remake was totally up to par. You'd hate to half-azz something like this.

Their last game was TimeShift, which wasn't exactly the highest scoring game on metacritic. If I was Microsoft, I'd make sure that their entire team was devoting itself to making sure the remake is as amazing as possible.
post #12 of 113 Old 02-20-2011, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I've already convinced myself that this game will be done wrong. It will be Reach 2.0, I think they'll just take the reach engine, slap the original campaign together and call it good.

It should be redone to the original specs as far as weapons, soundtrack, voice track, etc are concerned. No jetpacks, no sprinting, no spartan lasers, etc. The AR should sound like the AR, not weak like the "new AR", the pistol should still be capable of TSK. Basically all I want is the original with a new engine, no artistic license is necessary when re-releasing a masterpiece!
post #13 of 113 Old 02-20-2011, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by 257Tony View Post

It should be redone to the original specs as far as weapons, soundtrack, voice track, etc are concerned. No jetpacks, no sprinting, no spartan lasers, etc. The AR should sound like the AR, not weak like the "new AR", the pistol should still be capable of TSK. Basically all I want is the original with a new engine, no artistic license is necessary when re-releasing a masterpiece!

If you want the "original masterpiece" then buy the xbox1 for $25 or get a copy of the PC version and use your 360 controller. the PC version is apparently what you want anyway since it's the exact same game but with high-resolution graphics. New graphics is still messing with this so-called artistic license though.
post #14 of 113 Old 02-20-2011, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

If you want the "original masterpiece" then buy the xbox1 for $25 or get a copy of the PC version and use your 360 controller. the PC version is apparently what you want anyway since it's the exact same game but with high-resolution graphics. New graphics is still messing with this so-called artistic license though.

I have both of those, thanks.
post #15 of 113 Old 02-21-2011, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Why would they bother to do this?
post #16 of 113 Old 02-21-2011, 12:25 PM

"Why would they bother to do this?"

Because it will cost a couple million to port old assets in to a new engine, but make $50-100 million pretty easily.
post #17 of 113 Old 02-22-2011, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 257Tony View Post

I've already convinced myself that this game will be done wrong. It will be Reach 2.0, I think they'll just take the reach engine, slap the original campaign together and call it good.

I agree with this. they will screw it up, guaranteed. Something that needs to come back is the old grenades and absolutely the old MP FOV of 120 degrees, it was awesome being able to see so much. but with Halo 2 and Halo 3 (when i stopped playing the halo games) the FOV went to 60 degrees so they could cram more pretty textures in...
post #18 of 113 Old 02-22-2011, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

We've seen no shortage of projects (Especially on the PS3) to give the HD treatment to last generation games.

So far, beyond things like providing an HD resolution and redone textures, I'm unaware of any major tinkering that has been done to gameplay mechanics, level design, storylines, etc. I see no reason to expect anything different from this project.

People are going to be going into this to play a old favorite in HD with Xbox Live support, they're not going to want a reimagining of it. And I'm sure they understand that. So I'm betting it's going to be similar to something like the Perfect Dark port that XBLA recieved rather than what some of you worry it's going to turn into.
post #19 of 113 Old 02-22-2011, 04:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

I'm interested in how much this would cost.
post #20 of 113 Old 02-23-2011, 06:32 AM

Halo CE is objectively the best Halo game. I don't what it is, but the campaign was just damn fun and I still manage to enjoy it more than any other Halo campaign to this day.

The multiplayer is subperb as well and I've been dreaming about Halo CE over Xbox live for years as xbox connect was horribly laggy.

As long as they don't butcher the core gameplay I'm definitely buying and playing the **** out of this. F Reach.
post #21 of 113 Old 02-23-2011, 07:56 AM

For those with Reach that enjoyed Halo CE:

There is a small crew of us that play Halo CE maps (Chill out, dammy, priz, longest) on reach on Xbox live fairly often, generally around 10 pm EST. We try to keep it close to CE as we can: no perks, DMR start, same original weapon spawns, OS / Invis.

If you'd like to join feel free to add me: ii Masters ii

XBL: II Masters II

(those are ii's)
post #22 of 113 Old 02-23-2011, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post

Halo CE is objectively the best Halo game. I don't what it is, but the campaign was just damn fun and I still manage to enjoy it more than any other Halo campaign to this day.

I enjoyed the hell out of Halo:CE and the Flood was one of gaming's great moments, before everyone knew about it....BUT. The level design in the campaign was incredibly repetitive. I must have crossed that one bridge and entered that one big room dozens of times. From a 'brought something new to consoles' standpoint, Halo:CE is the best. From a 'play the campaign repeatedly' standpoint, not so much IMHO.
post #23 of 113 Old 02-23-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizarDru View Post

I enjoyed the hell out of Halo:CE and the Flood was one of gaming's great moments, before everyone knew about it....BUT. The level design in the campaign was incredibly repetitive. I must have crossed that one bridge and entered that one big room dozens of times. From a 'brought something new to consoles' standpoint, Halo:CE is the best. From a 'play the campaign repeatedly' standpoint, not so much IMHO.

I agree that Bungie overused those corridors (and that's its main criticism) but the campaign just felt more open ended, enjoyable and challenging.
post #24 of 113 Old 02-23-2011, 12:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

The flood stages were extremely boring. It seemed like I was trudging through mud for the library part. Everything else was pretty good. The biggest thing for me was the AI. For the most part, I never played any FPS that had an AI as Halo 1 did, especially on legendary. I was truly scared to deal with the gold elites. Halo 2, 3, and ODST kind of lost that challenge but Reach brought that challenge back with much improved and more challenging AI.
post #25 of 113 Old 02-23-2011, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
The campaign in CE is just beautifully balanced in terms of gameplay. I don't know any other age that goes from claustrophobic close quarters combat to large area battles where you are picking targets off with a sniper rifle or flying a banshee about quite so seamlessly.

It was one of the first FPS I played where it felt somewhat natural to use cover fairly precisely , prior FPS even good ones always felt that little bit clumsy or relied on some weird keypress to drift behind some outcropping. Halo CE just has that great combination of precision and feel without overcooking the twitchiness.

I don't think any of the sequels have quite that same feel , the campaigns always feel a little gimmicky and overcooked. With every Halo sequel I've always thought to myself the devs should just look at C.E. and stop trying to out do each other in putting their own fingerprints on the series.

digital film janitor
post #26 of 113 Old 06-20-2011, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 31
http://halo.bungie.org/misc/foconnor...ersary_qa.html

In this Q & A with some of the guys from 343i they mention CE:A will retail for $39.99.

Some other interesting stuff that's in the article:

• Campaign will only have 2-player Co-Op not 4.
  • It will only be one disc not two.
  • Only the 7 "new" maps will be on the disc, you can't play any of Reach's other maps from it.

PSN Username - Kenshiro26
XBOX LIVE Gamertag - Kenshiro 26
Steam Username - Kenshiro_26
Origin ID - Kenshiro26
post #27 of 113 Old 07-19-2011, 04:14 AM
AVS Special Member

post #28 of 113 Old 07-22-2011, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

post #29 of 113 Old 07-23-2011, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Just saw this on CAG, you can pre-order this game from NewEgg for $29.99 with free shipping when you use this code: EMCYTZT622

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16874103240

PSN Username - Kenshiro26
XBOX LIVE Gamertag - Kenshiro 26
Steam Username - Kenshiro_26
Origin ID - Kenshiro26
post #30 of 113 Old 07-23-2011, 11:26 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro 26 View Post

Just saw this on CAG, you can pre-order this game from NewEgg for $29.99 with free shipping when you use this code: EMCYTZT622

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16874103240

Well howdy Ken...I take it you're getting this as well?

PS...GOW2 XP Weekend...think we'll be on tonight

BuzzZaw66
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page