Call of Duty:Modern Warfare.......*3* - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 10486 Old 05-24-2011, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mikeloxlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland aka Wes-Burbs, Illinois
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Don't over think it. Besides, even if you're the noble sweep and clear operative that you claim to be, for every one of you there's ten who literally don't give a **** about the objective in the slightest bit. They just play them because they find it easier to kill people when you know where they're coming from and where they're going, and when their focus isn't 100% on finding and killing you in return.

In MW2, I do believe that killstreaks were so overwhelmingly game deciding that a killstreak camper IS the single most important person on the team. And that's why objective modes were total **** in MW2. Barebones still has some fun in it because it removes that element - it's night and day more team and objective focused than stock.

I used to play with the OG AVS Crew. This is what we did. this is how we won. I could care less about my own stats except winning.

I don't mean to be a dick or anything but perhaps you should step down from your own soapbox, this is the Internet afterall. you don't know the skill or experience of the person that might actually be contributing to the thread vs. blatantly complaining and whining about how the game is broken.

Yup, Kill Streaks are pretty bad in MW2. It is tantamount that they fix this for MW3 and bring balance back to the game.

I'm zipping up now, I'm done with this pissing contest. Make sure you wash your hands afterwards.

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
mikeloxlong is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 10486 Old 05-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Senior Member
 
IlliniFan99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Don't over think it. Besides, even if you're the noble sweep and clear operative that you claim to be, for every one of you there's ten who literally don't give a **** about the objective in the slightest bit. They just play them because they find it easier to kill people when you know where they're coming from and where they're going, and when their focus isn't 100% on finding and killing you in return.

In MW2, I do believe that killstreaks were so overwhelmingly game deciding that a killstreak camper IS the single most important person on the team. And that's why objective modes were total **** in MW2. Barebones still has some fun in it because it removes that element - it's night and day more team and objective focused than stock.


Trust me, if Gonzo wants to play the Dennis Rodman or Kurt Rambis role on your team, you'd be a fool not to want it and will much better off for it.

XBL GT - illinifan990104
IlliniFan99 is offline  
post #273 of 10486 Old 05-24-2011, 03:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post


I used to play with the OG AVS Crew. This is what we did. this is how we won. I could care less about my own stats except winning.

I don't mean to be a dick or anything but perhaps you should step down from your own soapbox, this is the Internet afterall. you don't know the skill or experience of the person that might actually be contributing to the thread vs. blatantly complaining and whining about how the game is broken.

Yup, Kill Streaks are pretty bad in MW2. It is tantamount that they fix this for MW3 and bring balance back to the game.

I'm zipping up now, I'm done with this pissing contest. Make sure you wash your hands afterwards.

Like I said, I'm not questioning you personally. It's a general problem that needs addressing. I want to play a CoD where what you talk about isnt the way anyone would actually want to play.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #274 of 10486 Old 05-24-2011, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
coyote_5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Wow, lots of "play my way or I'll take my ball and go home" going on 'round here.

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
coyote_5 is offline  
post #275 of 10486 Old 05-24-2011, 05:48 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrlittlejeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: the area formerly known as Black Forest
Posts: 4,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 192
i took my ball back to COD4

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

mrlittlejeans is offline  
post #276 of 10486 Old 05-24-2011, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mikeloxlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland aka Wes-Burbs, Illinois
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
well well, what's up there OGs. How we doing?

Finally able to watch the trailer, it was exciting, nothing short of what was expected. Sure there's no game play of anything but isn't that always the case with the COD series, at least from IW.

Looking forward to more trailers of course, the AC-130 mission looks like fun, hopefully it's a bit more balanced out for MP but I digress, back to the SP.

As it stands, this is a Day 1 buy or whatever Amazon decides to give out as a pre-order bonus.

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
mikeloxlong is offline  
post #277 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 03:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kabob983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

As it stands, this is a Day 1 buy or whatever Amazon decides to give out as a pre-order bonus.

I heard they were offering window-jumping lessons from Tronn as a pre-order bonus. Man, he's going to be worked to death!

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
kabob983 is offline  
post #278 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
browerjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Beavercreek, OH
Posts: 1,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

No. However useful you think you are, you'd be infinitely more useful if your energy was directly focused on the objective, even if you're not the one capping.

What you're trying to be is like a basketball player who's only good at stealing and dribbling, and literally doesn't even know what the basket looks like. And freely admits it. Yeah, you might help in some bizarre sense, but someone who is focused on killing in service of the team winning directly and not indirectly is infinitely more useful.

And a million times more fun to play with. And that's what it needs to be about in the end. You want to wander around and kill, then play TDM and FFA. Objective games need to be about the objectives, and nothing else.

Wow, you obviously know little about the game of basketball. Ever hear of Dennis Rodman? He didn't really know what the basket looked like and is a hall of famer. That's just one example, the PG in a lot of cases doesn't have the primary goal of scoring, but helping his teammates score. Anyway, terrible analogy.

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
browerjs is offline  
post #279 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Lost power at home due to storm so I haven't been able to get online but reading all this about BLOPS and MW2 and CoD4 makes me feel like some of you just died constantly by killstreaks. Someone singled out BLOPS about the CG gunner not being a problem because with 2 person with strella can take it down...ummm, so can 2 person in MW2 with stingers...why single out BLOPS like it is somehow magically easier to do than it is in MW2? I don't get it.

The only killstreak that decides who wins in any match is the Nuke killstreak and everything else I have never had problem with and you all know I play MW2 like theres no tomorrow. For example, and this is a real scenario that I and some avs crew encountered. In a domination match, we were attacking the opposing team with harriers and CG back to back but we still ended up losing the game, why? because the rest of the team weren't trying to capture or defend the flags. So, no I don't believe killstreaks decide the game unless of course you are in a game like this:



Wait...is this BLOPS?! Power and precision of this CG is truly godlike...just wow.

Anyway, I would like see attack tigers instead of attack dogs in MW3. Yes, I said it...make everything bigger and nastier. OOooooh yeaaaah!!!

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #280 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
browerjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Beavercreek, OH
Posts: 1,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

Someone singled out BLOPS about the CG gunner not being a problem because with 2 person with strella can take it down...ummm, so can 2 person in MW2 with stingers...why single out BLOPS like it is somehow magically easier to do than it is in MW2? I don't get it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to single it out, but I'm currently playing BLOPS which is why I used the Strella as an example. I completely agree, that if everyone carried Stingers in MW2 that CGs wouldn't be a problem their either.

My whole point on the whole thing, is that people like to complain about the KSs, but most of them (not all), don't carry the tools to take them out.

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
browerjs is offline  
post #281 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs View Post

My whole point on the whole thing, is that people like to complain about the KSs, but most of them (not all), don't carry the tools to take them out.

Amen!

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #282 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 05:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
I think the point is that people don't want to have to constantly worry about having to take them out. It breaks up the flow of the gameplay when it becomes imperative to stop the chopper before it destroys everything. It's not that it's impossible, its just too disruptive and not enjoyable for anyone but the guy in the chopper.

I think the reason a lot of people hold COD4 in such high regard is frankly how much simpler the game was. Less moving parts means less can end up breaking, and a more pure, enjoyable experience.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #283 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I think the point is that people don't want to have to constantly worry about having to take them out. It breaks up the flow of the gameplay when it becomes imperative to stop the chopper before it destroys everything. It's not that it's impossible, its just too disruptive and not enjoyable for anyone but the guy in the chopper.

I think the reason a lot of people hold COD4 in such high regard is frankly how much simpler the game was. Less moving parts means less can end up breaking, and a more pure, enjoyable experience.

I whole heartedly understand what you are saying but at the same time think of this: How many FPS games have been out since the dawn of video games?

Now taking that into consideration, if every FPS is simple as CoD4 then why not just play CoD4 and forget the rest.

Btw, I don't know if anyone knows this but the Harrier in MW2 can take out CG, Hind, Pave Low...thats awesome if you ask me and kinda balances out things. When I got an EMP I waited until the enemy called in their precious CG AC130. I have also called in my Harrier right after the enemy called in their CG because that's the tactic I used to counter measure since I wasn't equipped with a stinger or coldblooded.

In the end, you gotta step back and look at the tool the developer gave us and it all depends on how we use it that defines the tool. MW2 wouldn't get such a bad rep if everyone used it the way we all discuss in here that would be the good and fun way to play. Same goes for any other game.

I don't think anyone can argue that Street Fighter was a bad fighting game. However, players found ways to exploit it and corner trapped the hell out of someone. Just saying...

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #284 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Oh and I forgot, if they want pay to play, fine. Then give us dedicated severs. No ifs or buts!

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #285 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 06:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu

I whole heartedly understand what you are saying but at the same time think of this: How many FPS games have been out since the dawn of video games?

Now taking that into consideration, if every FPS is simple as CoD4 then why not just play CoD4 and forget the rest.

Btw, I don't know if anyone knows this but the Harrier in MW2 can take out CG, Hind, Pave Low...thats awesome if you ask me and kinda balances out things. When I got an EMP I waited until the enemy called in their precious CG AC130. I have also called in my Harrier right after the enemy called in their CG because that's the tactic I used to counter measure since I wasn't equipped with a stinger or coldblooded.

In the end, you gotta step back and look at the tool the developer gave us and it all depends on how we use it that defines the tool. MW2 wouldn't get such a bad rep if everyone used it the way we all discuss in here that would be the good and fun way to play. Same goes for any other game.

I don't think anyone can argue that Street Fighter was a bad fighting game. However, players found ways to exploit it and corner trapped the hell out of someone. Just saying...
Unfortunately we can't really control the situation like that. I agree MW2 would be a very different game between two honorable and decent teams. But that's not the reality of most games, at least not the ones I end up in.

The fact remains that it does have a bad rep for going too far with some of it's mechanics. I don't think it's a bad game and I put a solid 250 hours into it, but when I think about what I want from MW3, it's less in the direction of MW2, and more in the direction of BO/COD4.

Why not just play COD4 then you ask? It's an old game, I'm tired of it, and it's got its own problems. It's hardly the pinnacle of FPS design. They can make MW3 interesting and nuanced without going over the top. Even the best has plenty of room for improvement.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #286 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I think players are less tolerant to losing or dying than they ever were and ends up blaming the game for it. Thinking back to the 8-bit and 16-bit systems where games like Ghouls n' Ghost where you died like a million times before figuring out exactly what NOT to do do pass the stage. The same principle applies to modern games but for some reason we can't tolerate the million deaths because it will mess up our stats. Can't blame the game for that. I mean there are kids that play the game who does care about stats and need something to brag to their friends about and then you have adults who play this game and I hope we are mature enough to not care about stats like little kids and play to have fun because comparing KDR is kinda silly for us.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #287 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
and who the hell put rebecca black in the tags??? lol!!!

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #288 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kabob983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
who's rebecca black?

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
kabob983 is offline  
post #289 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post
who's rebecca black?
she is the you tube sensation to get the highest amount of dislikes

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #290 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 06:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu
I think players are less tolerant to losing or dying than they ever were and ends up blaming the game for it. Thinking back to the 8-bit and 16-bit systems where games like Ghouls n' Ghost where you died like a million times before figuring out exactly what NOT to do do pass the stage. The same principle applies to modern games but for some reason we can't tolerate the million deaths because it will mess up our stats. Can't blame the game for that. I mean there are kids that play the game who does care about stats and need something to brag to their friends about and then you have adults who play this game and I hope we are mature enough to not care about stats like little kids and play to have fun because comparing KDR is kinda silly for us.
It's not about dying, it's about dying cheaply. Not feeling like you had a fair chance. No one has a problem with getting shot at. People don't like grenade spam, DC noob tubing, martyrdom, getting raped from the sky by a chopper gunner, getting knifed from a mile away by commando. It's why people get all up in arms about the spawning. All basically involve you getting killed before you even have a chance to respond.

A competitive game isn't fun if it's not fair. It's especially not fun if you have to resort to the same cheap tactics to excel. Cheap kills taint the game.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #291 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mikeloxlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland aka Wes-Burbs, Illinois
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post
she is the you tube sensation to get the highest amount of dislikes
Deakwan thinks she's HAWT!

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
mikeloxlong is offline  
post #292 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post
Deakwan thinks she's HAWT!
I find that hard to believe, lol!


PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #293 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mikeloxlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland aka Wes-Burbs, Illinois
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
It's not about dying, it's about dying cheaply. Not feeling like you had a fair chance. No one has a problem with getting shot at. People don't like grenade spam, DC noob tubing, martyrdom, getting raped from the sky by a chopper gunner, getting knifed from a mile away by commando. It's why people get all up in arms about the spawning. All basically involve you getting killed before you even have a chance to respond.

A competitive game isn't fun if it's not fair. It's especially not fun if you have to resort to the same cheap tactics to excel. Cheap kills taint the game.
dude, you're taking this game super seriously.

It's a game. It's supposed to be arcadey, it's supposed to be cheap, it's supposed to be all of the bad and the good. If you're getting spawn raped, get the **** out of that spawn. If you are getting noob tubed, find a spot that is hard to get slash damage or use a shield etc. If they're great snipers, then flank! Commando knifers, move slower. Martyrdom, seriously, who still falls for this? Chopper Gunner? Use an anti-air. Don't have enough classes, prestige! If you are getting your ass beat, then find another room where the skill level might be closer.

Remember, it's a game, try and have fun with it. No need to bring everyone else down.

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
mikeloxlong is offline  
post #294 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 07:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong

dude, you're taking this game super seriously.

It's a game. It's supposed to be arcadey, it's supposed to be cheap, it's supposed to be all of the bad and the good. If you're getting spawn raped, get the **** out of that spawn. If you are getting noob tubed, find a spot that is hard to get slash damage or use a shield etc. If they're great snipers, then flank! Commando knifers, move slower. Martyrdom, seriously, who still falls for this? Chopper Gunner? Use an anti-air. Don't have enough classes, prestige! If you are getting your ass beat, then find another room where the skill level might be closer.

Remember, it's a game, try and have fun with it. No need to bring everyone else down.
Nah, you're misunderstanding my tone. It's not like I can actually play the game...it's 6 months away. Nothing to do but jabber about what I would or wouldn't like to see at this point. I mean if a thread about the game isn't the right place to discuss it I don't know where is.

I can't say I agree it should be bad as well as good, I want it to just be good. Obviously it won't be perfect, I'm still going to enjoy the hell out of it.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #295 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
Rage Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 501
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Gonzo! I hope all is well for you and the fam... For whatever reason, for each of the games after MW1 I seem to have lost interest after the 1st map pack. I actually feel like jumping back in the "Saddle" and playing MW1 so I can get my damn gold cross...
Rage Guy is offline  
post #296 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Someone mentioned that MW3 might be bringing the Model 1887 back. I don't know why they would have such an antique weapon in a today's warfare but if it's for fun then bring it make it useful at least and I hope that they do. I like it in MW2 because it was fun to dual wield and the sound it makes when fired sounds like a mini cannon.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #297 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
browerjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Beavercreek, OH
Posts: 1,994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
It's not about dying, it's about dying cheaply. Not feeling like you had a fair chance. No one has a problem with getting shot at. People don't like grenade spam, DC noob tubing, martyrdom, getting raped from the sky by a chopper gunner, getting knifed from a mile away by commando. It's why people get all up in arms about the spawning. All basically involve you getting killed before you even have a chance to respond.

A competitive game isn't fun if it's not fair. It's especially not fun if you have to resort to the same cheap tactics to excel. Cheap kills taint the game.
Then play BLOPS, and you want have any of these problems... I believe that if MW3 doesn't take a lot of improvements from BLOPS, it will lose interest fast.

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
browerjs is offline  
post #298 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mikeloxlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland aka Wes-Burbs, Illinois
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage Guy View Post
Gonzo! I hope all is well for you and the fam... For whatever reason, for each of the games after MW1 I seem to have lost interest after the 1st map pack. I actually feel like jumping back in the "Saddle" and playing MW1 so I can get my damn gold cross...
all you gotta do is hunker down KevyKev. You can do this especially with all the fresh meat on MW1! Remember, post up your guns to maxmize the amount of points that you can get in the shortest amount of time! Otherwise, just use the guns that work well for you. The beauty of COD4 is you can prestige every 2 weeks with a solid 2 hours a night and getting some major points. Obviously, back in the day we would play 4 hours a night and prestige once a week!

I'll see if I can get my copy back from my buddy. I'll lend him Black Ops instead! LOL!

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
mikeloxlong is offline  
post #299 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 2,330
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Why does this game look so bad in the trailer? The textures on half the buildings are super-low-res, animation on the character models is stiff, and there are at least 3 scenes in the trailer featuring gameplay that was lifted directly from previous installments! This does not look like a game 2 years removed from it's predecessor. I would say that, perhaps, we've reached the limit of graphical progress on the current consoles but te BF3 trailer looked extraordinary! What's the deal Activision? You didn't make enough money off the last 7 games to employ a quality team to do this right!?

Black Ops was a step back for the franchise and I'm beginning to suspect that mw3 will continue this trend. I hope I'm wrong...

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
sage11x is online now  
post #300 of 10486 Old 05-25-2011, 07:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs

Then play BLOPS, and you want have any of these problems... I believe that if MW3 doesn't take a lot of improvements from BLOPS, it will lose interest fast.
Yeah, 100% agreed. BLOPS is by far the least cheap, but I prefer the modern weapons and excellent maps of MW2. Ideally, MW3 will have the right mix. I'm super excited for what it could be if they get it right.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off