Call of Duty:Modern Warfare.......*3* - Page 196 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5851 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 02:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
What fun last night. Only got to play for an hour and a half but we had a full 9 man GW team and 3-4 AVSers on the other team, good times for sure though the lag issues were horrendous last night. Probably the worse I have experienced to date.

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5852 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

What fun last night. Only got to play for an hour and a half but we had a full 9 man GW team and 3-4 AVSers on the other team, good times for sure though the lag issues were horrendous last night. Probably the worse I have experienced to date.

Yeah it was a good group. Man I hate snipers.
post #5853 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

Eric, if you are still in the marker for a monitor then check this out:

Hannspree 28" 1920 x 1200 LCD monitor with TV tuner - $189.99 shipped (MWave.com, refurb) or $199AR + shipping (TigerDirect)

What do you do about sound though? Do these monitors come with speakers?

As an aside, how do these folks that play on PC monitors get sound at all?

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #5854 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

My PC360s hook right up to the I/O drive on my soundcard and damn they sound incredible. At first I couldn't really get into PC Gaming just because the learning curve was so steep with the mouse and keyboard but now I'm realizing how beastly PC gaming is and am very glad I shelled out the cash building mine. I just wish the community was bigger. Last night there was only about 11000 people playing MW3 compared to the probably 5 million on XBox.

"OmfgItzThaMack" on XBL, Steam, & Origin...

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #5855 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

Good question as I didn't check to see if the monitor comes with speakers. If you have a headset then you can plug the mixamp to the xbox 360 with optical cable to get audio. The new xbox has optical input built in so theres no need to have the dongle hooked up just for the audio. Thats what I did with the older xbox. So, you hook up your xbox to the monitor with hdmi and hook up your mixamp to the xbox with optical and you are good to go.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #5856 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
to those who I played with last night, good games!

to those who I played against last night, good games as well.

Ground War is the way to go if you're rolling with AVS these days. It's tough to get any kills/assists with the 75 kill limit.

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #5857 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 08:14 AM

Liked: 11
You jerks just caused me to buy a monitor. Unfortunately the one I wanted went out of stock after I put it in my cart, but before I finished looking at things and checking out, so I had to go with a 27" instead of a 25".

I originally had this in my cart:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...123&Tpk=VE258Q

But when that apparently sold out as I was shopping, I went to this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236103

Seriously, WTF are the odds of that? I am so pissed, but I'm the kind of person that can't wait for something once I decide to get it.

I really didn't want to pay more for that, as I feel the 25 is way more than enough on a desk. Either way, hopefully this will help my playing as opposed to the 60" plasma I am on now that I feel is difficult to see everything on, in addition to the input lag. We'll find out!

Not to mention the girlfriend will probably like having the living room TV freed back up with me in the spare bedroom playing once this arrives. Not to mention the fact that the living room will smell much better with my smelly ass not parked out there playing all the time.

XBox Live: Mystaphyer / ConmansMom

post #5858 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 351
I'm shocked at just how much the connection affects this game. Playing last night and it felt like I couldn't miss. Several times I rounded a corner to someone prone waiting for me and I STILL walked away unscathed.
About an hour in the connections turned-- same lobby (one guy backed out but other than that it was the same players) same game mode, same class, same gun... couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Would actually walk up behind someone with the trigger mashed and hit markers popping like winning lotto numbers and would take around 2-3/3-4 of a mag to finish him. Forget fighting a group, by the time you get one guy all the others will have noticed you! My best bet was to switch to silenced m4a1 with blind eye and assassin and just be a creeper-- picking off the stragglers. I didn't last much longer as the game becomes about as fun as an STD test when the lag hits.

I'm fully aware that during my moments of heroics that I was most likely on the good side of this lag comp issue... and that steams my beans even more! I know you're always going to have some inequity when it comes to online matchmaking but come on! I really don't want to feel as if I'm dying just because the game is nerfing my ping and I certainly don't want to win just because the game is nerfing everyone else's!

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #5859 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmfgItzThaMack View Post

My PC360s hook right up to the I/O drive on my soundcard and damn they sound incredible. At first I couldn't really get into PC Gaming just because the learning curve was so steep with the mouse and keyboard but now I'm realizing how beastly PC gaming is and am very glad I shelled out the cash building mine. I just wish the community was bigger. Last night there was only about 11000 people playing MW3 compared to the probably 5 million on XBox.

Honestly, on the PC you will find a lot more folks playing BF3. On the PC forums, MW3 is generally regarded as a wretched piece of garbage next to BF3. BF3 was coded for PCs.
post #5860 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

I'm shocked at just how much the connection affects this game.

+1. there are times, even with 4 bars, that i can tell that i'm at least a second behind other players...

Xbox Live: KoNtRoL MaNiAk
post #5861 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
So I have my gaming PC tied into this monitor. 2ms response time, etc. I chose it for BF3 on PC, but I'm wondering:

Would I stand to benefit at all from plugging my 360 into this? It has a HDMI in, and early next week I'll have my Mixamp 5.8 ....

Currently gaming on a 54" Panny S1 Plasma.
post #5862 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

I'm shocked at just how much the connection affects this game. Playing last night and it felt like I couldn't miss. Several times I rounded a corner to someone prone waiting for me and I STILL walked away unscathed.
About an hour in the connections turned-- same lobby (one guy backed out but other than that it was the same players) same game mode, same class, same gun... couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Would actually walk up behind someone with the trigger mashed and hit markers popping like winning lotto numbers and would take around 2-3/3-4 of a mag to finish him. Forget fighting a group, by the time you get one guy all the others will have noticed you! My best bet was to switch to silenced m4a1 with blind eye and assassin and just be a creeper-- picking off the stragglers. I didn't last much longer as the game becomes about as fun as an STD test when the lag hits.

I'm fully aware that during my moments of heroics that I was most likely on the good side of this lag comp issue... and that steams my beans even more! I know you're always going to have some inequity when it comes to online matchmaking but come on! I really don't want to feel as if I'm dying just because the game is nerfing my ping and I certainly don't want to win just because the game is nerfing everyone else's!

I feel you pain.

Sometimes, it seems that there is some sort of algorithm that determines who will be next to wear this magical lag amulet.

I also feel what PJ was talking about. being able to hone in for a good amount of time and then all of a sudden, I'm not able to nudge it just a tiny bit to get that kill.

It's probably related and one in the same and this stuff needs to be fixed.

I Geez Zeus Me

post #5863 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX View Post

+1. there are times, even with 4 bars, that i can tell that i'm at least a second behind other players...

damn, where the hell have you been?

I Geez Zeus Me

post #5864 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Compliments of meow.
Dual care package crush in team defender the other day:

Come at me Broseph
XBox live GT:Dubs4President
post #5865 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudubb1n View Post

Compliments of meow.

Nice, I think I was in that match. I've been *this* close to getting a 2-kill crush a couple times now.

XBL: GutterSnipeR   PSN: Guttahhh
post #5866 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:

Compliments of meow.

Hey Dubs - sorry we didn't group up last night - I was in a full GW party with some of the guys here when you sent the invites. We'll get together and kick some ass sometime soon.

XBox Live: Mystaphyer / ConmansMom

post #5867 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

No problem. Plenty of rime

Come at me Broseph
post #5868 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

that's hillarious!
post #5869 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:

Compliments of meow.

Ha, ha. Holding hands.

Xbox live: Mighty GLI
PS3: Mighty-Gli
post #5870 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:

Compliments of meow.

Lmao. I really enjoy the title of the vid ;-)

Gamertag - G0ldMembeI2
PS3 ID - G0ldMembeI2
post #5871 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Ohh snap didn't see that part. I just loved the footage. Never seen one before.

Come at me Broseph
post #5872 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
WOOT!!! FIOS just got installed at the house!

Download/Upload average w/Comcast - 35/6

Download/Upload average w/FIOS - 42/30

5X faster upload speed, and way better ping! Will be very interested to see how this will affect gameplay for me, if it will at all. And here, all this time the wife wouldn't listen to me when I told her how much better FIOS is than Crapcast. The tech also informed me that the local servers are getting updated with the 100/100 in the near future, so that could always be an option now

Anyone use these? http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...howFullReviews

The FIOS router is on the top floor of the house where my office is, and the XBox is down in the basement. FIOS tech told me about these and said he tested them at another customers house (he hadn't seen them before), and they had the same speed as the main hub did where the modem was. (Right now I'm using wireless adapter on Xbox down in basement, and running wireless speeds on speedtest.net lowers everything down to 20/16).

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #5873 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedderpj13 View Post

5X faster upload speed, and way better ping! Will be very interested to see how this will affect gameplay for me, if it will at all. And here, all this time the wife wouldn't listen to me when I told her how much better FIOS is than Crapcast. The tech also informed me that the local servers are getting updated with the 100/100 in the near future, so that could always be an option now

The FIOS router is on the top floor of the house where my office is, and the XBox is down in the basement. FIOS tech told me about these and said he tested them at another customers house (he hadn't seen them before), and they had the same speed as the main hub did where the modem was. (Right now I'm using wireless adapter on Xbox down in basement, and running wireless speeds on speedtest.net lowers everything down to 20/16).

dude, you should've gotten DSL instead. That will increase your KD 10x in just over a week. LagComp is not your enemy...

in all seriousness, I hope to get FIOS as well but Chicagoland is pretty much Comcastic

I Geez Zeus Me

post #5874 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:

Damn you! I am STILL having internet problems with Comcast. Played 2 matches last night and had to leave because I was teleporting all over the effing map. I've left 2 msgs for the supervisor and he's not calling me back. My only other internet option in my area is ATT u-verse

The powerline adapters are decent but can be very inconsistent depending on fluctuating power demands in the house. A MoCA would be a better choice - http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-MCAB10...3365729&sr=8-1

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #5875 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by The powerline adapters are decent but can be very inconsistent depending on fluctuating power demands in the house. A MoCA would be a better choice - [url View Post

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-MCAB1001-Coax-Ethernet-Adapter-Black/dp/B001N85NMI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323365729&sr=8-1[/url]

Have you used this Gen? If I read it correctly, you get sent two of those boxes, one goes into modem/router (in my case the FIOS box is both) upstairs. While the second MoCA would go down in basement into co-ax, which would then run ethernet into XBox...and still give me ability to hook up TV/HT system?

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything"

XBL - TheLizardKingII

post #5876 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I personally didn't notice any difference in game when switching from comcast to FIOS, and I had/have similar speeds for both and I'm in NoVa as well. Though my xbox was wired in both cases.

The biggest difference I noticed really is that verizon doesn't have "speed boost." It doesn't care if you're downloading a 1mb file or a 1gb file, you get 42Mbit solid, any time of day or night. Comcast plays tons of games with throttling, so you can get impressive numbers on speedtest, and when loading web pages or smaller files, but can't sustain it on big file downloads and stuff. I feel much less restricted on FIOS anyway.

100/100 would be sweet! Wonder if we will get upgraded automatically to that or something else, or if it's just a more expensive option. I had thought I could get 100/100 now, but it's like $150/month or something. Targeted as businesses I think. Honestly though, 35/35 is plenty (~42Mbit download for me as well). There aren't even many websites that let me peg even that much. But the ones that do will sustain 5.37-5.38MB/sec downloads even during peak hours.

Another note is that my gaming and internet in general seems way less affected by streaming than before. For example, when my wife is watching netflix. On comcast, I could generally tell -- a little more lag, and would always go from 4 bars to 3), but on FIOS, it doesn't make a perceivable difference. I've tried to start streams to purposely lag my connection to see if it helped my gaming, and I haven't yet found anything with a high enough bandwidth to make any difference. The wireless router they supply is actually very good as well, ample processing power / speed. Which is a good thing because it's not easy/possible to use your own, one of the negatives of it if that's something you're into.

Sorry but I don't have any experience with the power line adapters, but it does have very good reviews on amazon, and I generally trust amazon. Particularly on products this highly rated. http://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Mega.../dp/B002AMW2WA

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch
PS3/PSN: pj_rage
360/Live: pjrage82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan
Dude please, your list of toys is so long its like Santa is your dad lol.
post #5877 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:

Have you used this Gen? If I read it correctly, you get sent two of those boxes, one goes into modem/router (in my case the FIOS box is both) upstairs. While the second MoCA would go down in basement into co-ax, which would then run ethernet into XBox...and still give me ability to hook up TV/HT system?

Yes, this is what I am using now and prior to my comcast issues it was performing much better than my Netgear Powerline Adapter which often gave me red light indicating it was performing below optimal speeds (whatever that is). But, every house is different so YMMV.

My current set up is Motorola Surfboard to Netgear MoCA and Dlink 655. Downstairs where my HT is I use the other portion of the MoCA that passes the coax through to my cable box and Ethernet out to a Netgear 5 port switch that feeds my xbox, bluray player, and Squeezebox Classic.

My house was built in 1984 on a slab with vaulted ceilings so I'm limited with how I run wires. This was the best solution I could put together and until recently it was all working flawlessly. Streaming HD on Vudu, gaming oin xbox, using the laptop, etc. Could do all at once without issue. Now I'm left with a broken comcast service or rolling the dice on uverse internet.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #5878 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 10:17 AM

Liked: 16
The Lag Effect

Xbox GT: Crowsslt1
post #5879 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

USB cable - Monoprice - stop buying batteries

I could have sworn I had a pack of AA's lying around... Guess Mrs Saddles got to em first for her theraputic stress reliever device...
post #5880 of 10486 Old 12-08-2011, 10:45 AM

To everyone that was in the Ground War games last night...good game! Can't wait for next time!
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page