post #6661 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

If you run Hardline, taking down airstrikes, uavs and capping flags counts towards your killstreaks for your Assault Strike package. Now that's dope!

so does knifing an enemy ground mounted killstreak reward, like a SAM turret. i never tried it with a Sentury Gun, but i don't see why it would it would work any differently...

Xbox Live: KoNtRoL MaNiAk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6662 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmfgItzThaMack View Post

Yeah we played a couple of GWs last night and the lag was in full effect. Other modes I haven't really seen that much of a problem but that's just me.

Which is why I don't play Ground War anymore.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #6663 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX View Post

so does knifing an enemy ground mounted killstreak reward, like a SAM turret. i never tried it with a Sentury Gun, but i don't see why it would it would work any differently...

Yep, you are right and I forgot to mention those as well. Destroying any enemy equipment will work but I don't believe equipment such as Claymore, Bouncing Betty and C4 counts unless of course you kill enemy by destroying their own explosives.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #6664 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Which is why I don't play Ground War anymore.

Lag has completely take over all the modes. Me beloved KC mode has been tainted =(

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #6665 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

Lag has completely take over all the modes. Me beloved KC mode has been tainted =(

smith, zombie and me just played black ops because we couldn't take it anymore
post #6666 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

I am anxious to go home and play MW2 before heading out to see Ghost Protocol.

From the release of the videos of this game I have said it over and over how it looks and plays a lot like BLOPS but nobody believed me and after I got the game I was right. Though BLOPS has been tweaked over and over again to appease the masses and I have heard that it still suffers from lag and hit detection. MW3, is BLOPS with new skin and weapons. I can tell from the sound fx that it's related to BLOPS. Spas-12 for example, when you fire it it sounds like someone splitting open a bamboo. Now go back and play MW2 and fire the Spas-12.

Anyway, I will be on MW2 as soon as I get home and if anyone wants to join, send me a message and I will regroup.

post #6667 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
The rumor mill is in motion:

Unofficial "leaked" screens from new DLC maps -

http://twitpic.com/7wfb15
http://twitpic.com/7wfb4k
http://twitpic.com/7wfb89
http://twitpic.com/7wfbca

post #6668 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

Yep, and we sucked on that too but at least I didn't feel like I shot first and lost in every firefight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

I hate to say anything about them based on these crumby pictures but they actually look pretty refreshing from the color palette perspective.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #6669 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

The other building from Highrise

The other part of Overgrown

Favela with a new name

Looks like fun.

post #6670 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by the red worm View Post

That looks like an "open map"...

I guess Infinity Ward caved -in to the fustrating /confusing /choke-points criticisms.

When this and the new maps hit: watch the equal amount of criticisms about the return of spawn trapping, excessive camping, etc.

I personally love all the maps because they reward MOVEMENT, caution and teamwork.

MW2 maps were Okay, yet supported extreme inbalance and massive killstreaks.

MW3 maps may look "bland" and feel constrained, but I rarely see 36 - 2 players in lobbies.

To get that 36 you will pay with at least 10 deaths - why? real balanced competition - based on map design.
post #6671 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
DLC drops on Jan 24th according to Robt. Bowling in this new video from Elite:

post #6672 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

That looks like an "open map"...

I guess Infinity Ward caved -in to the fustrating /confusing /choke-points criticisms.

When this and the new maps hit: watch the equal amount of criticisms about the return of spawn trapping, excessive camping, etc.

How many times has that happened in the past?
That IW or Treyarch have released a DLC as a reaction to user feedback on previous maps?
?
Never.

More than likely this map and others and in the DLC have been done for months.
MW3 was made by 3 studios so I think it's safe to assume that they can't whip these mappack up quickly or on a whim in a reaction to what the fanbase wants.
It takes a bit of co-ordination to get everyone onboard, to get the maps in the production pipeline, etc...
Plus these things are planned out months in advance because DLC=$$$ and that has to be figured into quarterly profit statements to their shareholders. Typically they don't like to guess about those things.

More than likely have at least the first two DLC map packs planned out when MW3 released. After that you might see them get creative like the Treyarch did with their last BLOPS mappack.
post #6673 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 309
I despise rap but this is damn funny

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #6674 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

From the release of the videos of this game I have said it over and over how it looks and plays a lot like BLOPS but nobody believed me and after I got the game I was right. Though BLOPS has been tweaked over and over again to appease the masses and I have heard that it still suffers from lag and hit detection. MW3, is BLOPS with new skin and weapons.

it actually plays NOTHING LIKE BLOPS. if the only two things that are similar are hit detection, which are actually worse on MW3 than BLOPS ever was, and lag which has been part of online gaming since online gaming began, than that's just reaching. if they actually incorporated some things from BLOPS, than this game wouldn't be half bad, but unfortunately they didn't...

let's check the similarities...

perks... nope (how can you NOT carry over Hacker)
weapons... nope (the AR's in MW2 and MW3 couldn't be any similar)
killstreak rewards... nope (i love how Advanced UAV takes more kills than a Blackbird, and works HORRIBLE in comparison)
not having killstreak rewards count towards killstreak rewards... nope
combat training... nope
create a player card... nope (the titles and emblems couldn't be any more similar from MW2 to MW3)
zombies... nope
wager matches... nope
being able to see everyone's combat record... nope

and i know you hate BLOPS, and that's fine, but to say that MW3 plays like it because you don't MW3 either is just ridiculous...

Xbox Live: KoNtRoL MaNiAk
post #6675 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX View Post

it actually plays NOTHING LIKE BLOPS. if the only two things that are similar are hit detection, which are actually worse on MW3 than BLOPS ever was, and lag which has been part of online gaming since online gaming began, than that's just reaching. if they actually incorporated some things from BLOPS, than this game wouldn't be half bad, but unfortunately they didn't...

and i know you hate BLOPS, and that's fine, but to say that MW3 plays like it because you don't MW3 either is just ridiculous...

Absolutely not the case for me. Blops was completely unplayable. As bad as MW3 can be at times, it is far better than Blops. In MW3 I can have a hard time killing people, but I can still kill people. Blops I would literally have games where I would go 0-25 or worse. No matter how much of a drop I had on someone, or if I started firing 3 seconds before they did, I died. I am not some terrible COD player either. I would estimate 80% of my games were terrible.

Maybe my FiOS internet was too good and the lag comp punished me for it. Lag was bad enough that I tried to slaughter my internet speed by downloading huge files and it didn't help. I looked all over the internet for things to help me play that game. Nothing worked. In all my years of gaming, Blops was the most frustrating experience I have ever had. The worst part was coming on AVS and listening to others say that the problem didn't exist, and how much they loved the game. The 20% of games where it worked, I loved it. Unfortunately I hated the other 80% of the games.

I do agree that Blops made some great advances that were sadly left out of MW3. The stat system was fantastic and some of the maps were a lot of fun. I am sure if you go back to the Blops thread around this time of year last year, you will see that many complained about the game, and as time went on Treyarch improved the game. Many of the same complaints people have with MW3 they had with Blops. Many complained about maps, spawn points, hit detection, lag comp, KS rewards, weapons, etc. When Homefront launched, many AVSers were happy to have something else because they were not happy/bored with Blops. When HF didn't pan out, they all returned to Blops or another older game they enjoyed. Me? I went back to MW2.

Each one of these games is different and until people get everything figured out they don't like it. I bet in 2-3 months time people will like this game more than they do now. I don't have many of the issues that others do, and I can handle the wonky game here or there.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #6676 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 111
The like Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3.....

"Can't we all just get along" LOL
post #6677 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

It doesn't matter if anyone disagree with what I said about MW3 and BLOPS. The thing is I don't hate MW3. I have mentioned it before that I enjoy the game BUT when it works.and it had played flawlessly up until recently. I was also referring to the code for MW3 and I strongly believe it was taken from BLOPS. I can't prove to you that it was AND you can't prove to me that it wasn't. So we will just leave it at that.

BLOPS was just boring to me and it probably had to do with the fact that the maps were dull except a few and the hit detection, lag and spawn system made matters worse.

I am having the same thing here with MW3 and though I like most of the maps even with their multiple paths, I can't beat the spawn system to save my life. I like some of the guns and I love KC game mode.

post #6678 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I despise rap but this is damn funny

AMAZING!!!! Thanks for posting!!!
post #6679 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 456
I was on a bit earlier and the lag was atrocious... I'm going to have to take back what I said about the last patch. Maybe they tweaked it? Either way I think I'm done. I enjoy playing with you guys but the lag makes me a whiny bitch and that's not how I like people to perceive me. I'll give it a couple weeks (like last time) and we'll see what happens... Unless, of course, the smell of Xmas noob blood is too strong and lured me back this weekend! Lol! Who knows... Maybe they'll patch it again!
In the meantime I'm going back to black ops / modern warfail 2. Hit me up if any of you want to kick it old school!

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #6680 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
I love drop zone!!!!

Are we having fun yet?
post #6681 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 07:09 PM

Liked: 15
Like I said 20 pages ago the lag comensation is extremely inconsistent. It is also compounded by party members being in various parts of the country... It seems to me they have some wacky netcode that is trying to be a little 'too' smart. It just ends up being very unfair in some scenarios... To be fair it's not all the time just about 1/3 the time from my perspective. I end up backing out of those games immediately when playing on my own.
post #6682 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:

It doesn't matter if anyone disagree with what I said about MW3 and BLOPS. The thing is I don't hate MW3. I have mentioned it before that I enjoy the game BUT when it works.and it had played flawlessly up until recently. I was also referring to the code for MW3 and I strongly believe it was taken from BLOPS. I can't prove to you that it was AND you can't prove to me that it wasn't. So we will just leave it at that.

BLOPS was just boring to me and it probably had to do with the fact that the maps were dull except a few and the hit detection, lag and spawn system made matters worse.

I am having the same thing here with MW3 and though I like most of the maps even with their multiple paths, I can't beat the spawn system to save my life. I like some of the guns and I love KC game mode.

What you just said (about the code) could be said.about anything. It would be like me saying I believe the Congress has been infiltrated by aliens. I can't prove it, but you can't prove it hasn't. Without some cold hard facts to back it up its just a baseless claim. There are probably a few hacking groups that could take a look at the PC code and let you know. If anything MW3 would share.code with MW2 (I could understand this).
post #6683 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evobrett View Post

Like I said 20 pages ago the lag comensation is extremely inconsistent. It is also compounded by party members being in various parts of the country... It seems to me they have some wacky netcode that is trying to be a little 'too' smart. It just ends up being very unfair in some scenarios... To be fair it's not all the time just about 1/3 the time from my perspective. I end up backing out of those games immediately when playing on my own.

Inconsistent is one way to put it. I'd probably peg it more at: completely bum-fudging random!

--Carl Sagan
post #6684 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:

Ibwould agree wih some of my recent games. If I think its.lag I take a look at the kill cam and that usually confirms it for me. Adding people with different connections from different parts of the US would introduce other issues as well. I don't experience it much, but.when I do it.just.causes.me to spray like mad.and hope to heck that I.can get a few kills
post #6685 of 10486 Old 12-21-2011, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

I think maybe MW3 should have gone the black ops route of lowering the damage / raising the recoil on all the guns (or just lose kick) to make room for the incessant lag. Black ops lags pretty damn bad but you can usually fight through it-- or at least adopt a different strategy. With mw3 I just feel like it's hopeless. I sort of get in a mood where I'm trudging through it but definitely NOT having any fun...

--Carl Sagan
post #6686 of 10486 Old 12-22-2011, 01:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

I think maybe MW3 should have gone the black ops route of lowering the damage / raising the recoil on all the guns (or just lose kick) to make room for the incessant lag. Black ops lags pretty damn bad but you can usually fight through it-- or at least adopt a different strategy. With mw3 I just feel like it's hopeless. I sort of get in a mood where I'm trudging through it but definitely NOT having any fun...

Yeah...but you can't admit we haven't had some fun with it this past week. I was playing in a party earlier with some AVSers - we were playing domination on Dome and I swear I was having a hard time moving my character around. Everything was just kind of in slow motion. Lag was in full effect. I ended up backing out and going into some FFAs and had some issues there too. Then I just chalked it up as a bad night. However...and this is a big however...I did pop in MW2 and play that for a while, which I enjoyed the hell out of even though I was playing with randoms. Who is down for some MW2 to tomorrow? Sage? Jitu? Any takers?

"OmfgItzThaMack" on XBL, Steam, & Origin...

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #6687 of 10486 Old 12-22-2011, 05:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Kenobi, thanks for the update on the Trophy system. That video is awesome. I haven't played with it yet, but I'll have to try it.

Though, it's very rare that any killstreaks are used against us, lol. And even more rare if they aren't shot down very soon after they go up. Stealth bombers are about it.

Does it work against choppers at all? I assume not since they are not explosives?

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch
PS3/PSN: pj_rage
360/Live: pjrage82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan
Dude please, your list of toys is so long its like Santa is your dad lol.
post #6688 of 10486 Old 12-22-2011, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Jitu, I'll have to respectfually disagree with you here. I'd bet my savings that the netcode was not taken from BLOPS. Or any main engine code. The game runs far too fast, for one thing.

For another, BLOPS was for me, like it was for you, really bad in terms of hit detection and lag. They did have one update somewhat early on that seemed to improve it slightly, but it was never even close to as good for me as COD4 or MW2. MW3, on the other hand, is almost perfect. At least as good as COD4 and MW2. The only period where, for me, it was not perfect, was between the update we got around thanksgiving and the subsequent one. The thanksgiving update broke it so that it was actually worse than BLOPS for me, but the update restored it to even-better-than-before status, where it stands now. Literally, for me, it's about the best hit detection and lag compensation I could hope for. I'm not sure it could get any better for me as in most games it's almost like I'm playing on a LAN. Don't get me wrong, I understand that many people (maybe you too) are having serious problems, but for me, it's fixed and works great.

The code for bullet registration in BLOPS seemed really sluggish and laggy in itself, even outside of network latency. The game also seemed to struggle quite often with holding up framerate, and even at it's best, the framerate in COD4/MW2/MW3 all seem faster and smoother, and MW3 is just like them in that regard.

Then there is the sheer amount of stuff in MW3 that is a DIRECT ripoff from COD4 and MW2. The menus, scoreboard, models, animations, etc, etc.

I see NOTHING from BLOPS in MW3. To a fault, actually. BLOPS included a lot of nice new things that are absent in MW3 -- part of MW3's problem. One thing that has been mentioned is the fading flags on domination/search/etc. In BLOPS, when you ADS and a flag was in your view, it would become transparent so you could see/aim through it. Missing in MW3. Dolly cam in the theater was what made the theater so good in BLOPS, missing in MW3. Just two examples. (Note I'm not saying BLOPS was or is a better game -- for me it was better in every regard EXCEPT smoothness of the engine, lag, and hit detection, the latter two being dealbreakers for me).

And finally, it's widely recognized that Treyarch and the other studio (IW for COD4 and MW2, IW + Sledgehammer + Raven for MW3) that create COD on the every other year basis for the past few years don't share code. Well, not as much as they should anyway. After COD4 and W@W they both seem to have their own instantiation of the engine.

This is all to say that I find it highly improbable that there is any BLOPS code in the game. Certainly not in the hit detection and lag compensation. I actually think the update after thanksgiving updated the hit detection and lag compensation to use the same exact thing as MW2. It used to never let you see who the host was (by being the first in and having 4 bars), but after that update, it now does (and I get host often).

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch

Quote:
post #6689 of 10486 Old 12-22-2011, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

How many times has that happened in the past?
That IW or Treyarch have released a DLC as a reaction to user feedback on previous maps?
?
Never.

More than likely this map and others and in the DLC have been done for months.
MW3 was made by 3 studios so I think it's safe to assume that they can't whip these mappack up quickly or on a whim in a reaction to what the fanbase wants.
It takes a bit of co-ordination to get everyone onboard, to get the maps in the production pipeline, etc...
Plus these things are planned out months in advance because DLC=$$$ and that has to be figured into quarterly profit statements to their shareholders. Typically they don't like to guess about those things.

More than likely have at least the first two DLC map packs planned out when MW3 released. After that you might see them get creative like the Treyarch did with their last BLOPS mappack.

I bet even a new conglomerate of studios could cook up the crap that is the MW3 maps in a very short period of time. That's what the MW3 maps feel like to me. Like they put no effort or time into them, and like they had no f'ing idea what they were doing. They look like boring prototyping/alpha maps used for test purposes that were polished up a bit last minute because no one had time to make new, "real maps". Though, a few of them are actually pretty good (thinking of Resistance, Lockdown, Underground, Hard Hat, Dome, maybe one or two more) -- reasonably well designed, interesting enough, and no one would complain about them (I don't think) if the rest of the maps had any variety and weren't so bad.

Either way, they've got a decent amount of experience making maps already as they made all the ones for MW3 so far. Not that it's saying much, but I bet they could whip something up pretty fast. Especially if they put as little thought and effort into them as they have with the maps so far lol.

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch

Quote:
post #6690 of 10486 Old 12-22-2011, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

+1

Also, and maybe I'm just seeing some weirdness, but it almost seems like the worse your connection is, the better you can play. Twice last night I saw people with red, one bar connections, completely beasting, like 25-6, consistently, and many times, even when I was shooting them in the back, I couldn't kill them, but yet they can turn on a dime and blast me with one burst and kill me? Pisses me off.

It just seems like they have done something wrong with the Netcode in MW3, something is just.....off, sometimes, but it's hard to put a finger on exactly what it is. BLOPS to me was perfect in this regard, absolutely perfect. People with bad connections were doomed on that game, but on MW3, it's the opposite, and that's why although I love MW3, I think that the overall game took a slight step back.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan (1980)

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page