post #721 of 10486 Old 06-17-2011, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

I really dont think theres a comparison. I think you either like the fast paced/chaos of COD.. or your like the slower/team oriented BF games. Generally speaking people play one or the other.

I know for a fact I'll be playing MW3. I have no interest in playing or even trying BF3. I tried the demo for BF2.. and within 2 minutes I knew it wasnt for me. And even if they did make BF3 more "COD-like" its still not COD. Why play the fake COD, when you can play the real one. Same goes for Halo, and why I couldnt get into Reach or ODST.. Same happened with GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption. Tried them both, hate them both.. from the gameplay to the controls.. COD is my home and thats the only thing I'm looking forward too.

it's kind of funny that you're a huge objective based game guy, yet you dont like battlefield.... battlefield is THE objective based FPS, period.... COD (in general) is still better if you're looking for a basic "sprint around and shoot people in close quarters" game, but objectives and teamwork in BF completely outclasses it.

COD is (was) my home as well, but recent offerings are pretty terrible... COD4 sits atop the highest mountain, while black ops is picking up dudes back at the lodge.

Of course i have high hopes for MW3, but i take comfort in knowing that BF3 will be good... I'll most likely (maybe most definitely) buy both.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 10486 Old 06-17-2011, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
I just can't help but laugh at the fact that all the BF3 hype. First, the game that was shown was for the PC. Which will look like crap on consoles but the fanboys are flooding the Xbox section of this forum when they should be taking it to the PC section.

Somebody done buy the magical bean =p

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #723 of 10486 Old 06-17-2011, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

MW3 menu revealed. And you choose ammo type!

EDIT: This is not OFFICIAL but Bowling seems to like it and thinking of using it

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #724 of 10486 Old 06-17-2011, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

With commentary

post #725 of 10486 Old 06-17-2011, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

I just can't help but laugh at the fact that all the BF3 hype. First, the game that was shown was for the PC. Which will look like crap on consoles but the fanboys are flooding the Xbox section of this forum when they should be taking it to the PC section.

They showed a few minutes of it on ps3 last night. I've never played battlefield to be a fanboy but it looks pretty good to me.
post #726 of 10486 Old 06-17-2011, 07:33 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Negative. It's not my connection that's the problem. 25down and 5up is pretty good. Not Fios good (25down/25up) but still good.

In MW2, this hit detection works very well but can't say the same for the most recent iteration of CoD.

I played Counter-Strike on a shared DSL connection and that was back in 1998-99. No problem then either.

Input lag amirite?
post #727 of 10486 Old 06-17-2011, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

dont understand how it's hype... if it's even an ounce better than bad company 2, it's a success.

and console gameplay footage was shown last night on jimmy fallon... it's on youtube as well... the lighting is definitely toned down on console, but the hype isnt even about any of that for me... it's all about the gameplay, destruction, and the dynamic that vehicles bring to the game.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
post #728 of 10486 Old 06-17-2011, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

MW3 menu revealed. And you choose ammo type!

EDIT: This is not OFFICIAL but Bowling seems to like it and thinking of using it

wow, a fake menu system that has nothing to do with activision.... you understand what bowling's position in the company is, right?

selectable ammo types would be awesome.

post #729 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Something tells me this game isn't going to deliver the goods.

post #730 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:

Something tells me this game isn't going to deliver the goods.

Why? I thought you were all gung-ho about this thing.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #731 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Why? I thought you were all gung-ho about this thing.

I am like that with all CoD series until I play them and only a few come out victorious. Remember how gung-ho I was with BLOPS and then I played the game....

Reason I said it's not going to deliver the goods was related to how dead this forum is. If people on here aren't posting everyday like they did for other CoD series, I feel like it's not holding any amount of interest from what's been shown so far.

post #732 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 08:58 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Maybe people just don't want to engage the posters that are actually posting to these threads these days and stay off...

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #733 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

I am like that with all CoD series until I play them and only a few come out victorious. Remember how gung-ho I was with BLOPS and then I played the game....

Reason I said it's not going to deliver the goods was related to how dead this forum is. If people on here aren't posting everyday like they did for other CoD series, I feel like it's not holding any amount of interest from what's been shown so far.

I'm sure it will pick up as more information is released and the release date gets closer. Speculation and bickering can only take a thread so far.

XBL: GutterSnipeR   PSN: Guttahhh
post #734 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:

Yeah, it's just a bit early. I'm pumped for it, even though I have enjoyed blops and am looking forward to the new maps I prefer MW and am very ready to shelf blops and move on. Selectable ammo would be sweet but isn't that like the same as using stopping power, hardened, etc? I just really want to see them bring some innovation to re-energize the franchise.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #735 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Yeah, it's just a bit early. I'm pumped for it, even though I have enjoyed blops and am looking forward to the new maps I prefer MW and am very ready to shelf blops and move on. Selectable ammo would be sweet but isn't that like the same as using stopping power, hardened, etc? I just really want to see them bring some innovation to re-energize the franchise.

I believe the multi-player version is still in early development. The menu system showed was a concept and from what I read it was going to be passed on to the developers, so, that tells me they haven't even developed that part yet.

Using different ammo for stopping power or increasing distance seems better in a realistic sense (not that we are expecting a war simulation) instead of using perks to do that job.

I am just anxious I guess and want to see more pics of what to expect.

post #736 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

As you know, I still play CoD4 from time to time but the recent spam messages and map glitch has turned me off until a fix is released. So, someone other than me has asked the same thing and the reply was:

OGxKushington:COD 4 is my favorite Call of Duty im in a TDM and guys are flying around the map i guess we can expect this for Mw3 as well?
Robert Bowling: No sir. COD4 doesn't have the same security as our latest games and hasn't received the security updates yet. Still supported

The statement in bold made me laugh.

post #737 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

Maybe people just don't want to engage the posters that are actually posting to these threads these days and stay off...

Bingo! This thread is full of b$*ching and complaining. I unsubscribed to this thread because it's the same thing everyday.

Gamertag - G0ldMembeI2
PS3 ID - G0ldMembeI2
post #738 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0ldMembe12 View Post

Bingo! This thread is full of b$*ching and complaining. I unsubscribed to this thread because it's the same thing everyday.

I can understand that but it's like that with every CoD thread though...

post #739 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Most people are interested in the MP and none of those details have been released yet. That would probably explain the lack of chatter in this thread.

post #740 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 687
Quote:

the funny thing is you are barking up the wrong tree, most people are excited because of the gameplay, the graphics are just the cherry on top... honestly if BF3 was same graphics, same everything as BC2, but with some new maps, i would buy it day one and be happy....
post #741 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

*cough*

Mits-WS55413;Denon-3803;ToshibaXA1 HD-DVD;Klipsch- RF35;Samsung-TS160;SVS PB12plus/2
XBL GT - se7entee7
post #742 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:

Yup
post #743 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0ldMembe12 View Post

so you came to bitch and complain about a thread full of people bitching and complaining?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

this is a good idea.... ditch the first perk slot and instead let you choose your ammo type, and/or some other types of equipment.

they could also have a roster of "war heroes" and instead of selecting the commando perk (for example), you choose some grizzly fella who is expertly trained and favors knife fights.

it would be kind of cool to have more player skins, and be able to pick out certain types of players just by the skin their character has. Imagine coming up on someone, and being able to spot right away that they're running the commando character, and making sure you keep your distance rather than letting it turn into a knife fight.

post #744 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Not sure how the beta testing and releases work but when can we expect any kind of beta testing for MP for this game, given its Nov 8th release date and it's already nearing July. Which gives pretty much 4 months+ to finish the multi player part. Seems like a very short time to me.

post #745 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Not sure how the beta testing and releases work but when can we expect any kind of beta testing for MP for this game, given its Nov 8th release date and it's already nearing July. Which gives pretty much 4 months+ to finish the multi player part. Seems like a very short time to me.

Wasn't the W@W MP Beta test in late September/early October?

I guess they can always beta test with the idea that fixes that come out of it just go into a patch that has to be downloaded as opposed to patching the disc version.

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
post #746 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

when i beta tested COD4, i got my "token" on 8/24/07, but i think the beta actually started in early october.

post #747 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

How do you apply to be a beta tester? I have never had the privilege to beta test anything but definitely would be interested in this in hopes that I can pass along some ideas to the dev team.

post #748 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How do you apply to be a beta tester? I have never had the privilege to beta test anything but definitely would be interested in this in hopes that I can pass along some ideas to the dev team.

really depends on each game, but there is no word on MW3 beta status yet.

also i lied, I was playing COD4 as soon as i got my token, on 8/24/07... so nearly 3 months before release the beta started.

post #749 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

really depends on each game, but there is no word on MW3 beta status yet.

also i lied, I was playing COD4 as soon as i got my token, on 8/24/07... so nearly 3 months before release the beta started.

Just checked out MW3 tweet and apparently they sent out beta keys to two sets of groups already. Also, what's this about confirmed MP variation of nuke??? Thought there wont be any nuke...confused.

post #750 of 10486 Old 06-24-2011, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just checked out MW3 tweet and apparently they sent out beta keys to two sets of groups already. Also, what's this about confirmed MP variation of nuke??? Thought there wont be any nuke...confused.

"Currently there is only a closed beta for #MW3, it's not open to the public. If we find any info, we'll let you know"

" @fourzerotwo has confirmed that there will be no game ending kill streaks."

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page