Call of Duty:Modern Warfare.......*3* - Page 298 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8911 of 10486 Old 02-24-2012, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jblank74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bristol, Tennessee
Posts: 2,060
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I dunno...I really like the streaks and gizmos. They make it more than a run of the mill shooter, otherwise it's just the same game over and over. They're getting closer and closer to the right balance of gunplay vs other stuff - MW2 was ridiculous, and blops was pretty bad against a good team (sr71/chopper/dogs at the same time), but stuff like AC130s and chopper gunners that completely change the flow of gameplay aren't really a big deal in MW3. Same with explosives.

If they do it right, it adds flavor to the game. They're nerfing akimbos even more apparently...what's left that's really outrageously imbalanced? Strikers are great up close, but useless from far. QSing is retarded but it's not that effective. You don't get knifed or tubes from a mile away anymore...this is the most gun on gun cod has been since cod4.

You don't think the Stealth Bomber spamming every game isn't a bit ridiculous though? Not to demean my 11 year old, but he's just a decent player at best in TDM against the public, and even he can get EMP's and the like in 1/2 the games we play. I think the KS rewards are a good idea, but are just over the top and too easy to get at the moment.

Oh, and another thing, I have seen some VERY effective QS'ers, so unfortunately it can be effective.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

 

Carl Sagan (1980)

jblank74 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8912 of 10486 Old 02-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
ProblemHouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

I think his point is that he shouldn't have to play hardcore for that to happen. I agree actually....knifing is too easy and you should maybe have to do it twice to kill someone, rather than once. Maybe you do it once and it permanently slows them down even....something like that would be better than the current setup.

Again we are on the same level...

Edit: I also agree with the above but in order to keep my man card I can no longer quote you. My son's goal every game is to get the Jug. if he doesn't get it he feels like he didn't do well no matter if our team won or not. When he come out of his room after a match and his first words are "i was one kill away from getting jug" I know something is wrong. I like the idea of kill streaks but just don't think they are exploited by the players of the game. That could be my problem with the game is that it is far too easy to exploit some of the perks of this game.

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
ProblemHouston is offline  
post #8913 of 10486 Old 02-24-2012, 04:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,869
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked: 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

You don't think the Stealth Bomber spamming every game isn't a bit ridiculous though? Not to demean my 11 year old, but he's just a decent player at best in TDM against the public, and even he can get EMP's and the like in 1/2 the games we play. I think the KS rewards are a good idea, but are just over the top and too easy to get at the moment.

Removing the stealth bomber from support is the number one thing, really the only thing I'd do to balance the streaks. I've said it since day one. It simply doesn't belong there. Other than that, the streaks are balanced incredibly well. There's no abusive chain like predator/harrier/chopper, and nothing as ridiculous as dogs or SR71. You get points for shooting stuff down now so people always do it, and a good support class will save their EMP for the right time. Harder to get, less powerful, and way more counters. And the whole assault/support/specialist thing is the single best new idea they had.

Quote:
Oh, and another thing, I have seen some VERY effective QS'ers, so unfortunately it can be effective.

In the right hands, sure. But those people are just really good at it. I have respect for it on some level, even if I don't care for it myself. I'd rather it was gone too, but blops went too far, making SRs useless. They would be fine without quickdraw IMO.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #8914 of 10486 Old 02-24-2012, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brad Horstkotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 5,125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

There's no abusive chain like predator/harrier/chopper

Ahhhh, good times - forgot how much I loved that combo - think I'll play some MW2 tonight.
Brad Horstkotte is offline  
post #8915 of 10486 Old 02-24-2012, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Iusteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 3,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte View Post

Ahhhh, good times - forgot how much I loved that combo - think I'll play some MW2 tonight.

Sounds fun......


Did someone say noob tube Friday night???????

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
Iusteve is offline  
post #8916 of 10486 Old 02-24-2012, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brad Horstkotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 5,125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

Sounds fun......


Did someone say noob tube Friday night???????

Haha, when I saw you posted a reply, I could guess what was coming

Yup, I think we gonna have to blow stuff up - BLOW IT UP REAL GOOD!

Brad Horstkotte is offline  
post #8917 of 10486 Old 02-24-2012, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 2,550
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post


Huh? How can you say that when a much more stripped down version was a multi-million seller and spawned the current run of billion dollar sales for Activision...that game was CoD 4 and it was almost all about the gun on gun play and didn't rely nearly as much on gizmos, trinkets, and bs gadgets, to be successful.

If those things appeared back in the game you'd need much MORE teamwork and tactical skill to be successful, not less.

This is truth. This needs to be carved on a stone slab and passed down a mountain or something...

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
sage11x is online now  
post #8918 of 10486 Old 02-24-2012, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 2,550
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post


I dunno...I really like the streaks and gizmos. They make it more than a run of the mill shooter, otherwise it's just the same game over and over. They're getting closer and closer to the right balance of gunplay vs other stuff - MW2 was ridiculous, and blops was pretty bad against a good team (sr71/chopper/dogs at the same time), but stuff like AC130s and chopper gunners that completely change the flow of gameplay aren't really a big deal in MW3. Same with explosives.

If they do it right, it adds flavor to the game. They're nerfing akimbos even more apparently...what's left that's really outrageously imbalanced? Strikers are great up close, but useless from far. QSing is retarded but it's not that effective. You don't get knifed or tubes from a mile away anymore...this is the most gun on gun cod has been since cod4.

See, I disagree with this. If the whole point of throwing stuff into the air is just so you can turn around and shoot it down than what's the point of putting it up there in te first place? Mw2 worked because the killstreaks were powerful but still easy to counter if you were willing to give up stopping power and your shotgun secondary for one life. Black ops killstreaks were pitiful outside of the sr71 as everything but dogs could be countered with ghost pro and dogs could be countered by corner camping for 5 sec. My problem with mw3 is there is SO much outside of the core FPS that does nothing to improve the game it just makes t more annoying.

One reason mw3 is selling less than blops: my girl LOVES black ops but she took one glance at the convoluted class creation screen for mw3 and said "forget it".

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
sage11x is online now  
post #8919 of 10486 Old 02-24-2012, 06:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,869
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked: 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post


See, I disagree with this. If the whole point of throwing stuff into the air is just so you can turn around and shoot it down than what's the point of putting it up there in te first place? Mw2 worked because the killstreaks were powerful but still easy to counter if you were willing to give up stopping power and your shotgun secondary for one life. Black ops killstreaks were pitiful outside of the sr71 as everything but dogs could be countered with ghost pro and dogs could be countered by corner camping for 5 sec. My problem with mw3 is there is SO much outside of the core FPS that does nothing to improve the game it just makes t more annoying.

Sounds like they got it just right to me then. If its just a distraction that means the core game continues on despite them. That was the problem with mw2 and blops. The game had to constantly stop cause of the damn streaks. MW3 might have a lot more options but it has way less going on during the game streak-wise than every cod since mw1. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen an osprey gunner in hundreds of hours...in mw2 and blops you had someone with a chopper gunner almost every game. Way more of a distraction from the game IMO.

Quote:
One reason mw3 is selling less than blops: my girl LOVES black ops but she took one glance at the convoluted class creation screen for mw3 and said "forget it".

As far as I'm concerned, anything that allows me to further customize and differentiate my load out and playstyle makes the gameplay that much deeper. I'm just not against them giving us more options and toys to play with as long as it remains in balance with the core game and doesn't overwhelm it like it did in MW2 and Blops. There's still plenty of stuff going on, but I really think they came through on the whole gun on gun focus they were talking about pre-release. Everything but the guns were seriously toned down in power.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #8920 of 10486 Old 02-24-2012, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rightintel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,559
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblank74 View Post

I never said any of those things were "cheating" but they are definitely "cheesing". People would just rather play like bitches and do that crap, than work on being good at the game through legit means and that frustrates me. I'm not a great player, but I think I'm decent enough and get enough challenge and enjoyment playing 100% legitimately. To me, THAT is what is rewarding about CoD, getting 25 kills in a game with the dreadful AK-47, picking a guy off that is running full sprint, across the map, with my Barrett, is rewarding. Bringing my team back from a huge deficit by taking objectives, not just laying back, that is rewarding.

People just get wrapped up too much in the toys in the game instead of trying to be good sports and good players. I'd much rather lose a game against a good legitimate team, where there is a real spirited fight, then beat a bunch of quickscoping campers and Striker bitches by 3000 points.

You make some valid points regarding things in the game that also annoy me. However, terms like "legit" and "legitimately" and nothing more than our personal whims/preferences. If it's in the game, it's legit to use it to your advantage to win the match(that's the bottom line after all). Sure, that stuff takes the fun out it to some extent for me, but they're using what's available to EVERYONE to win(which is A LOT more fun than losing). Do I think they could make some changes? Yes. Until they do though, I can't really blame people for using advantages that are in the game to win.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
rightintel is offline  
post #8921 of 10486 Old 02-25-2012, 12:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 2,550
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post


Sounds like they got it just right to me then. If its just a distraction that means the core game continues on despite them. That was the problem with mw2 and blops. The game had to constantly stop cause of the damn streaks. MW3 might have a lot more options but it has way less going on during the game streak-wise than every cod since mw1. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen an osprey gunner in hundreds of hours...in mw2 and blops you had someone with a chopper gunner almost every game. Way more of a distraction from the game IMO.

As far as I'm concerned, anything that allows me to further customize and differentiate my load out and playstyle makes the gameplay that much deeper. I'm just not against them giving us more options and toys to play with as long as it remains in balance with the core game and doesn't overwhelm it like it did in MW2 and Blops. There's still plenty of stuff going on, but I really think they came through on the whole gun on gun focus they were talking about pre-release. Everything but the guns were seriously toned down in power.

I don't know, maybe I just play differently but this game seems anything BUT gun on gun to me. There's so much **** happening every second of every match it just seems a little too ADD... I really just want to shoot **** and, unlike black ops, mw3 has no REAL barebones game type so I'll never get to see if the gunplay is actually any fun for a duration of more than 10 sec.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
sage11x is online now  
post #8922 of 10486 Old 02-25-2012, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HuskerOmaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Omaha
Posts: 2,207
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 35
HuskerOmaha is offline  
post #8923 of 10486 Old 02-25-2012, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Granadaaaa!!!

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #8924 of 10486 Old 02-25-2012, 01:54 PM
GCS
AVS Special Member
 
GCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mechanicsville, VA
Posts: 1,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

ACT OF VALOR. Go see it.

I want to, just have to squeeze in 2 hours of free time to do so.

Greg

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

 

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

GCS is offline  
post #8925 of 10486 Old 02-25-2012, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rightintel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,559
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerOmaha View Post

ACT OF VALOR. Go see it.

Tonight, 7:30!

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
rightintel is offline  
post #8926 of 10486 Old 02-26-2012, 02:44 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
ogbuehi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 4,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I popped in my copy of MW2 to see if I was missing anything. Played a game of domination. What a surprise? Filled with camp snoopy snipers with OMA preventing anyone from capturing point B. MW3 is definitely a step up. More options for customizations and more exciting gameplay. And the graphics seem a bit dated on MW2. I really felt "restricted" playing MW2 even with 8 classes available to me. I handled myself pretty good with 29 kills and one kill away from a chopper gunner. All in all I felt playing MW2 was like playing Halo 3 today. A great game at the time, but has clearly been 1upped by its sequel.
ogbuehi is offline  
post #8927 of 10486 Old 02-26-2012, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jammybastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In Transit
Posts: 1,622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post

So I popped in my copy of MW2 to see if I was missing anything. Played a game of domination. What a surprise? Filled with camp snoopy snipers with OMA preventing anyone from capturing point B. MW3 is definitely a step up.

Let me see if I understand you correctly...

You play one game against a bunch of campers in MW2 and that's the game's fault?
It means MW3 is better? Why?

MW3 is a step up from MW2 in someways, but that's not saying much because it's a big step down from BLOPS.
Not just maps, not just gameplay, but the little details as well.
MW3 needs to outdo BLOPS, not just MW2.
jammybastard is offline  
post #8928 of 10486 Old 02-26-2012, 04:56 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrlittlejeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 4,759
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 203
MW3 has the gameplay right. BLOPS doesn't. That makes it a step up from BLOPS even if it is missing some of the nongameplay features of BLOPS.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

mrlittlejeans is offline  
post #8929 of 10486 Old 02-26-2012, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bbexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 2,667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

MW3 has the gameplay right. BLOPS doesn't. That makes it a step up from BLOPS even if it is missing some of the nongameplay features of BLOPS.

This wrong. That is all.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
bbexperience is offline  
post #8930 of 10486 Old 02-26-2012, 05:34 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
ogbuehi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 4,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post


Let me see if I understand you correctly...

You play one game against a bunch of campers in MW2 and that's the game's fault?
It means MW3 is better? Why?

MW3 is a step up from MW2 in someways, but that's not saying much because it's a big step down from BLOPS.
Not just maps, not just gameplay, but the little details as well.
MW3 needs to outdo BLOPS, not just MW2.

MW3 needs to outdo BLOPS for you, not for me. I didn't bother playing BLOPS because in my own personal opinion, that was a step in a different direction from MW2 that I wasn't interested in. MW3 needed to outdo MW2, the sequel of which its platform came from and it did that. It doesn't matter whose fault it is, it's very obvious in MW2, it's been fixed in MW3.

By the way, I've played enough games on MW2 to have prestiged almost 8 times. Much of what I experienced is something I've experienced in my past gaming experiences with MW2. This was nothing new.
ogbuehi is offline  
post #8931 of 10486 Old 02-26-2012, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 2,550
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Gentleman, let's not argue! After all, we can ALL agree that every one of these sequels pales in comparison to the excellence that is cod4!

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
sage11x is online now  
post #8932 of 10486 Old 02-27-2012, 04:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,869
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked: 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

Gentleman, let's not argue! After all, we can ALL agree that every one of these sequels pales in comparison to the excellence that is cod4!

Was great for its day, I totally have the same reverence for it (turned me back to a console gamer)....but MW3 surpasses it on every level. If both came out at the same time MW3 would crush it.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #8933 of 10486 Old 02-27-2012, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 2,550
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post


Was great for its day, I totally have the same reverence for it (turned me back to a console gamer)....but MW3 surpasses it on every level. If both came out at the same time MW3 would crush it.

See, now I TOTALLY disagree with you as I played mw3 for 20 min last night and had zero fun whatsoever so I flipped over to cod4 and, as always, had a blast playing for over an hour. IMO, mw3 is a bloated, laggy, unbalanced mess of half-baked gameplay ideas and I feel my opinion is validated by the fact that every time I go to play mw3 there's a new patch out attempting to make this game playable! Lol!

Nevermind that mw3 will likely be the first cod since w@w to NOT outsell it's predecessor and you have an inferior title... IMO.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
sage11x is online now  
post #8934 of 10486 Old 02-27-2012, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

See, now I TOTALLY disagree with you as I played mw3 for 20 min last night and had zero fun whatsoever so I flipped over to cod4 and, as always, had a blast playing for over an hour. IMO, mw3 is a bloated, laggy, unbalanced mess of half-baked gameplay ideas and I feel my opinion is validated by the fact that every time I go to play mw3 there's a new patch out attempting to make this game playable! Lol!

Nevermind that mw3 will likely be the first cod since w@w to NOT outsell it's predecessor and you have an inferior title... IMO.

Truth!

Was the Akimbo FMG9 nerfed to have slower rate of fire yet again? I know Trolling mentioned it in his tweet last week but can anyone confirm it?

I have been playing Batman:AC and of course it kicks arse and I really like the Catwoman mission. I find her fighting techniques a lot better than Batman's.

Oh and if you see me on XBL and want to play COD4 or MW2 then hit me up. I saw you online but you were playing MW3 so I didn't want to bother and went back to playing Batman.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #8935 of 10486 Old 02-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
ProblemHouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

Truth!

Was the Akimbo FMG9 nerfed to have slower rate of fire yet again? I know Trolling mentioned it in his tweet last week but can anyone confirm it?

I have been playing Batman:AC and of course it kicks arse and I really like the Catwoman mission. I find her fighting techniques a lot better than Batman's.

Oh and if you see me on XBL and want to play COD4 or MW2 then hit me up. I saw you online but you were playing MW3 so I didn't want to bother and went back to playing Batman.

It would appear so. Last night I was struggling with them a bit. But it is obvious that the fire rate has been reduced.

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
ProblemHouston is offline  
post #8936 of 10486 Old 02-27-2012, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemHouston View Post

It would appear so. Last night I was struggling with them a bit. But it is obvious that the fire rate has been reduced.

Dang :[

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #8937 of 10486 Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
ProblemHouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

Dang :[

But it still looks like the shotguns are crazy. How is it they fix the FMG's twice now and done nothing about the range on the shotguns. Speaking of shotguns how in the #@$& is the firing rate on them so dang high. I see guys getting off three shots before I can even ADS them. WTF!!!!!

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
ProblemHouston is offline  
post #8938 of 10486 Old 02-27-2012, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemHouston View Post

But it still looks like the shotguns are crazy. How is it they fix the FMG's twice now and done nothing about the range on the shotguns. Speaking of shotguns how in the #@$& is the firing rate on them so dang high. I see guys getting off three shots before I can even ADS them. WTF!!!!!

I know!! I have seen this happen with the AA12 and the Striker but when I go to use them they are slower. I just don't understand this game.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #8939 of 10486 Old 02-27-2012, 10:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,869
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked: 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemHouston View Post


But it still looks like the shotguns are crazy. How is it they fix the FMG's twice now and done nothing about the range on the shotguns. Speaking of shotguns how in the #@$& is the firing rate on them so dang high. I see guys getting off three shots before I can even ADS them. WTF!!!!!

Well, shotguns are primaries where you give up the ability to engage beyond in your face encounters. They're super strong within that range, as they should be, because they're literally useless beyond it. They seem OP when you get raped by one, but as soon as you try to use them as more than a joke you see how limited they are...which is why so few people use them even in maps they're good on. With most shotties your dead if you miss the first shot, the more forgiving ones force you to an even smaller range.

FMGs are a secondary, so even snipers can whip them out. They have technically unlimited range and are super forgiving. Even with a lower fire rate they're probably still too effective. They should probably just not exist, or be primaries at least.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #8940 of 10486 Old 02-27-2012, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bbexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 2,667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

See, now I TOTALLY disagree with you as I played mw3 for 20 min last night and had zero fun whatsoever so I flipped over to cod4 and, as always, had a blast playing for over an hour. IMO, mw3 is a bloated, laggy, unbalanced mess of half-baked gameplay ideas and I feel my opinion is validated by the fact that every time I go to play mw3 there's a new patch out attempting to make this game playable! Lol!

Nevermind that mw3 will likely be the first cod since w@w to NOT outsell it's predecessor and you have an inferior title... IMO.

lol. MW3 has almost already outsold Black Ops, which outsold MW2. So, I'm not sure where you're getting that idea.

Also, MW3 is absolutely no fun without a group. It quickly becomes a chore, actually. However, with a team to play with (even a losing team) it becomes much more fun.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
bbexperience is offline  
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off