Call of Duty:Modern Warfare.......*3* - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 10486 Old 03-25-2011, 01:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Youre just asking for legal problems putting women and children in what is essentially a game about Modern Warfare.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 10486 Old 03-25-2011, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
"Warning: Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husbands, cus they be killin all of them up in here!"
post #63 of 10486 Old 03-25-2011, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Youre just asking for legal problems putting women and children in what is essentially a game about Modern Warfare.

I don't understand? Aren't there female soldiers in real life? Kids too? I can understand how some people maybe extremely sensitive but legal issues I can't understand. If it's that big of a deal then I guess it wont probably come true but it was my idea to the table and thought it would make it a bit unique. Otherwise, it will just be another rehash of the same game that we will love to hate in a few months after its release.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #64 of 10486 Old 03-25-2011, 01:11 PM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

OK, question for everyone (I may have asked this before a long time ago). There's an ongoing debate about "what is the best CoD game" and people have their different answers and reasons and such, so here's the question: What do you want out of MW3? What elements of each game do you want to see implemented?

It seems that most people love the CoD 4 formula, but after that each game has it's own little group of followers, people who love certain aspects of the game.

Personally, elements from each game I want implemented:

CoD 4
Simplified killstreaks - This is getting out of hand, seriously. As cool as an AC-130 is or Huey gunship, the ability to kill 15+ people with little effort is kind of killing the series. How often did people camp to get the attack chopper in CoD 4? I'm not necessarily saying get rid of those uber killstreaks, but take the emphasis off of them and put it back into the FPS elements that the game is based off of!

Better maps - Undeniably CoD 4's biggest strength was the fantastic maps. Many still consider the greats like Crash, Crossfire, and Backlot to be among the greatest FPS maps ever. Simple, yet balanced. That was lost in MW2 with the inclusion of tons of windows and such to hide in, suddenly it encourages camping. Simplify!

Stopping Power - I was so excited to see that Black Ops was doing away with SP because that's the one perk that 90% of people use. And then I realized that the way it was implements in Black Ops just irks me because now a huge amount of people run Ghost which makes the UAV less than desirable alot of times. I'm not saying they have to put SP back in, but they need to balance out the perks in some way. I mean honestly, how many people use something other than Ghost or Hardline in BO (and I think Ghost is alot more useful).

Low level weapon balance - One of the biggest gripes I have with Black Ops is that ALL the starting weapons suck. Seriously, the first automatic assault rifle you get is at lvl 8 or so and it sucks compared to most of the others. In CoD 4 you started off with the M16, AK47, MP5, M40A3, and RPD...add the M4 in at lvl 10 and you've got the best weapons in the game for most situations. In Black Ops the starting weapons as a whole are crappier until you hit lvl 14 and get the FAMAS, and even that I'm not high on.

MP5 - Why will they not put the "original" MP5 back into the game? The MP5K's suck compared to that gun.

MW2
Plethora of attachments - One of the things I liked most about MW2 was how many various attachments there were for each weapon. Keeps things fresh and lets you customize a good bit.

Lock-on launchers - This was sorely needed in CoD 4, trying to take down a chopper with bullets and RPGs is just no fun.

Various secondary weapons - I think this needs to be back in MW3. I think it added an extra element to the game. Sneak up on that sniper, but watch out as he might have a SPAS in his pants (or wherever they keep it...).

EMP - This was a great killstreak but no one thought it was worth 15 kills (and they were right). Add it back in as, say, a 6 or 7 killstreak and I bet it'd see a ton of use.

Cooler array of weapons - The weapons they choose in MW2 were pretty slick for we geeky guys, stick with it in MW3.

Black Ops
Lobby System - I LOVE the lobby system in Black Ops. Inviting a bunch of people at once is a snap, and now that Matchmaking works correctly it's probably the best in the series (when it doesn't get stuck every once in a while).

Stat Tracking - Another big plus, being able to see people's stats so deeply is pretty cool.

Replays - Need I say more?

Fixed Scavenger - Being able to to get more ammo and grenades, but not Claymores or tube shots is how it should be. It still has it's uses.

Various game modes - Wager matches are a surprising amount of fun, adding that little bit in adds alot of replayability.

Fixed Quick Scoping (sorta) - They've flip-flopped on this. They overdid their fix at first making sniper rifles all but useless, there needs to be a healthy middle ground.

Added recoil - As much as I love the laser weapons on MW2 this is alot more realistic and was a needed move.

Got rid of Commando/Danger Close - No need to explain.

So, what am I looking for in MW3? A mix of all those attributes with a few new ones I suppose. The CoD formula works, and it was at it's strongest in CoD 4, why they're continually going further and further from that baffles me.

I can pretty much go along with this myself. Things I like from each series.

COD4 - give me the maps and the hit detection

MW2:

-give me "some" of the KS - I would like the AC130 back because it was fun -- dominating and overpowering in the right hands(PJ) ... yes but was still fun. So bring it back but tone it down some (maybe shorten its time in the air??)

-Lock on weapons!

-lobby chat, sometimes you just want to smackfu some people especially if they think they are all that

-maps here too (not all of them)

-weapon choices

-the smoothness of play and the feel of MW2 and COD4 by IW just "feels" better to me than BLOPS. Not saying any of them is the better game but there is just something about the feel of the game that works for me over BLOPS.

BLOPS:

-game choices

-better air support (ie 1 per side at a time)

-special weapons - I like the tomahawk, ballistic knife, and crossbow. I suck at them but they sure are fun. I also like the nova gas as well

-quick scope fix (perhaps toned a tad but at the moment it feels good as there are guys who can still own your a$$ sniping)

-No Marathon/Lightweight/Commando setup, no Stopping Power, No Danger Close!

-Speed and pace of the game. I think BLOPS is close on this one but would like it sped up just a hair. MW2 was too frantic and crazy and BLOPS feels just a hair too slowed down.

Things to lose from each series:

COD4 - dated graphics and boring KS rewards (yes I said it) - graphics obviously will better no matter what, load out choices are weak IMHO

MW2 - laser weapons, DC, SP, Quickscoping, MLC setups, multiple KS in the air at one time

BLOPS - slower game play, bad hit detection, crummy maps

In general I like all 3 iterations of the COD series. I would almost prefer they skip this year entirely to bring us something fresh next year. No clue if that will happen or not but I think a break from COD wouldn't be a bad thing.

Who knows what the next installment will bring or when it will. Heck if BF3 is all that and a bag of chips I may be playing that instead.

Greg

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #65 of 10486 Old 03-25-2011, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 161
I can understand female characters. It isn't like men are the only gamers out there and I am sure the ladies would like to play their own sex for once. No way they put children in even though it is a fact of life in many countries in the world. Hell the Germans used pre-teen (Hitler youth) kids in the final months of the war to keep the Allies at bay.

I would like a challenge bracket that basically just tells you what you are closest to getting. I hate having to go through each challenge bracket to see what I need to get more XP. They could break it down on one page with top five weapons, killstreaks, etc just to give you something to shoot for. Half the time I have no idea where I am on lifetime challenges. Make it easier for me to create goals for myself. It will keep me interested longer.

I have said this before, but NO K/D TOTALS in the objective games. I think it attracts too many people who are only there for high K/D, so they camp flags and such. If they can't do that make kills 10-20% the points of a capture/offensive/defensive kill. Please reward people who are actually trying to play the objectives so I don't get stuck with a team full of morons going for Kills only.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #66 of 10486 Old 03-25-2011, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post

I would like a challenge bracket that basically just tells you what you are closest to getting. I hate having to go through each challenge bracket to see what I need to get more XP. They could break it down on one page with top five weapons, killstreaks, etc just to give you something to shoot for. Half the time I have no idea where I am on lifetime challenges. Make it easier for me to create goals for myself. It will keep me interested longer.

This.

Quote:

I have said this before, but NO K/D TOTALS in the objective games. I think it attracts too many people who are only there for high K/D, so they camp flags and such. If they can't do that make kills 10-20% the points of a capture/offensive/defensive kill. Please reward people who are actually trying to play the objectives so I don't get stuck with a team full of morons going for Kills only.

Agreed. I would like to see KDR not being effected in OBJ games as well and if not then give more points to the guy capturing flags but even that needs to be tuned based on the duration of the capture. I say this because there are people who wont capture until the last second and then run off again.

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #67 of 10486 Old 03-25-2011, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

GCS:

I think they have two teams working on the series so each have a two year cycle to work with. I kind of wish the two teams would just take a different approach from each other so the two aren't so similar. Blops feels like an attempt to fix the problems with MW2. I never played W@W but it sounds like it played a whole lot different from MW. Have one series use vehicles and one without. Who knows, but the longer this series runs the more the two studios produce something similar.

I am really hoping IW had some great ideas on how to take the series in a new direction and there are enough employees left to act on them. Destructible environments would be a huge step forward but I don't know if the 360 and PS3 can handle all of that without frame rate dropping to poo.

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

post #68 of 10486 Old 03-25-2011, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

All my good ideas are formed while I am in the shitter. So, now that I am back from that I got another interesting concept. This piggy backs the idea of having female soldiers. I think it would make things interesting when you create your classes you get to choose between male or female and based on which you pick you get certain perks. They will both have pros and cons but thats the interesting thing. You will have to think about how you want to play the game for each game modes and setup your classes. What do you all think?

post #69 of 10486 Old 03-25-2011, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

Agreed. I would like to see KDR not being effected in OBJ games as well and if not then give more points to the guy capturing flags but even that needs to be tuned based on the duration of the capture. I say this because there are people who wont capture until the last second and then run off again.

Yeah points for actually trying to cap would be great. I can't even tell you how many times I have been killed with 90%+ and then some idiot kills me with a noob tube. Doesn't have to be a ton of points, but something for the effort would be nice. I look like an idiot dying 35-40 times, but when most happen while capping at least I would have the points to show for it (maybe 25% of cap time % points, more in next paragraph). If my team loses it is definitely not from lack of effort on my part.

They could increase the cap point total from 150 to 300, and whatever % of the cap time you invest, you get your fair %. This way if you cap by yourself you are heavily rewarded and if the team gets it (like match start) it would only give 50 points to each player (300/6=50). If Kills were 30 points instead of 50, that I believe would cut down on the TDM idiots playing objective games. I have no problem sharing points and I think people would help out teammates capping to rob them from getting the whole 300. So many times a teammate helping for 1-3 seconds is the difference between a cap or nothing.

post #70 of 10486 Old 03-25-2011, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

All my good ideas are formed while I am in the shitter. So, now that I am back from that I got another interesting concept. This piggy backs the idea of having female soldiers. I think it would make things interesting when you create your classes you get to choose between male or female and based on which you pick you get certain perks. They will both have pros and cons but thats the interesting thing. You will have to think about how you want to play the game for each game modes and setup your classes. What do you all think?

The women could have a PMS mode where they go on a rampage and can rip heads off.

post #71 of 10486 Old 03-25-2011, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The women could have a PMS mode where they go on a rampage and can rip heads off.

There you go. 25 killstreaks!

post #72 of 10486 Old 03-28-2011, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

lets talk game-modes now. i say we get rid of all them crappy "capture the flag", "demolition", and other horse shyt modes.

in place of those disc space wasters, lets get a "Persistant War" mode.

init there would be these huge megafied maps. the "war" is persistant, that means its going on all the time. anyone can jump in at any time. you can stay until you reach either a set number of kills (i dunno, 50, 100?) kill streaks reset after you reach your last kill streak +3 more kills or die. so no nuclear option here.

teams will have to be huge. keep it at 2 teams of a max # of 32 players each. it'll be like ground war on steroids! for that reason, MW3 should be on dedicated servers.
u no like? ♫ im like... forget you!♫
post #73 of 10486 Old 03-28-2011, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Face View Post

lets talk game-modes now. i say we get rid of all them crappy "capture the flag", "demolition", and other horse shyt modes.

in place of those disc space wasters, lets get a "Persistant War" mode.

init there would be these huge megafied maps. the "war" is persistant, that means its going on all the time. anyone can jump in at any time. you can stay until you reach either a set number of kills (i dunno, 50, 100?) kill streaks reset after you reach your last kill streak +3 more kills or die. so no nuclear option here.

teams will have to be huge. keep it at 2 teams of a max # of 32 players each. it'll be like ground war on steroids! for that reason, MW3 should be on dedicated servers.
u no like? ♫ im like... forget you!♫

Better not get rid of Domination!

An ongoing battle could be fun, but you would have to have some kind of goal system while playing (or this will get boring fast). I can't even begin to think of how you could make all of this work. I doubt they could do something this grand with the 360/PS3, but maybe in the next generation.

post #74 of 10486 Old 03-28-2011, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

ok so we get rid of the turd known as the single player. cause lets face it, we buy COD for the multiplayer. get rid of the SP, have more disc space for MP goodness, ???, PROFIT!

i love it when a plan comes together!
post #75 of 10486 Old 03-28-2011, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

ok so we get rid of the turd known as the single player. cause lets face it, we buy COD for the multiplayer. get rid of the SP, have more disc space for MP goodness, ???, PROFIT!

I actually enjoy the single player in the Modern Warfare games, although the vast majority of my time is spent playing multiplayer.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #76 of 10486 Old 03-28-2011, 10:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

*has still never completed the single player campaign of any COD game.. including COD2.. my 1st game for the 360*

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #77 of 10486 Old 03-28-2011, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

guys so i figured out why the next modern warfare is being called modern warfare 3...and dont tell me its because 3 comes after 2! its because mw3 has... 3x the steak!
post #78 of 10486 Old 03-28-2011, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #79 of 10486 Old 03-29-2011, 12:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Quote:

I love the campaign in 1, 2, 4 and 6! (the IW games)
Black Ops campaign was garbage though...

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #80 of 10486 Old 04-05-2011, 09:09 AM

Liked: 10
post #81 of 10486 Old 04-05-2011, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Is that what Brett Farve is doing these days? LOL. I have seen a bunch of this guys videos and he is seriously seconds away from being a mass murderer. If he had a match going 0-30 he would snap and start killing people. Wacko!

post #82 of 10486 Old 04-14-2011, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #83 of 10486 Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Agree with Elpresador... Black Ops technical issues are crippling and beyond that the game lacks variety.

MW3 has a very strong chance of sucking rear...

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #84 of 10486 Old 05-10-2011, 01:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 17
post #85 of 10486 Old 05-10-2011, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

- Take out quick scoping (as discussed before)
- Make running and sprinting shorter/longer and slower/faster depending on what class you have setup. Talking about complete load out here and not just based on the primary weapon. If OMA makes its way back in MW3 then please make this a really heavy class because essentially you are carrying **** ton more equipment to give you unlimited ammo.
- FIX THE CRAZY GRENADE DROP FROM MARTYRDOM.

post #86 of 10486 Old 05-13-2011, 08:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 17
post #87 of 10486 Old 05-13-2011, 09:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Its coming!!!

http://gizmodo.com/5801565/the-moder...t-game-of-2011

Mark my words.. world premiere trailer of MW3 to air during the 2011 NBA finals!!

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #88 of 10486 Old 05-13-2011, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper View Post

New details:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/13/mo...arfare-3-leak/

Quote:
What happens when a large contingency of a series' creative team packs up, and two additional teams are brought on to round out the production? Apparently, you get a lot of loose lips. Details of Modern Warfare 3, in development across Infinity Ward, Raven Software, and newcomer Sledgehammer Games, have been leaked with an unusual amount of specificity to Kotaku less than a month before its presumed big reveal at E3.

A lot of that specificity is wasted on spoilers which, in addition to being generally unwanted for those of us who haven't played the game, are about a Call of Duty title meaning they follow multiple characters through multiple elaborate setpieces. Oh, and there's shooting. MW3 begins right where MW2 left off: with the US trying to prevent a Russian invasion. Your roles include a "Russian Federal Protective Services agent, SAS Operative, tank gunner, and AC-130 gunner" as well as some old friends from previous MW games and some new characters, notably "Frost" and "Sandman."

About those setpieces! Modern Warfare 3 will reportedly include 15 missions that take place across "a dozen cities around the world including New York, Paris and London." If some of that selection sounds familiar, that's because this fall's Battlefield 3 will find itself in "Paris, Tehran and New York." Awkward.

But it's not just Manhattan, it's also Brooklyn, Mogadishu, and more, if the list of 20 multiplayer maps is to be believed. (It's unclear if these include maps from the inevitable DLC map packs.) Spec Ops is back as well, with the mission-based co-operative offerings from Modern Warfare 2 accompanied by a new "Survival" mode or, as you're more likely to know it by, Horde mode. The goal: You and your pals will defend yourselves from increasingly difficult waves of enemies. There are seven "Mission" maps and five "Survival" maps listed.

Previous Modern Warfare installments were so shrouded in secrecy, nearly up until the time of release, that it's hard to imagine how such a massive, seemingly coordinated leak took place. Oh, and one last detail: the release date! Kotaku's report pins MW3 for November 8, just a week after Uncharted 3 and a few days before Skyrim.

Salminella Now Better with Kinect: 360 PSN

Official member and mascot of the AVS' Xbox 360 Elite Club of Awesomeness
post #89 of 10486 Old 05-13-2011, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Whole bunch of new info over at Kotaku!

Possibly up to 20 MP maps, one set in Brooklyn. Really too much info to include.

This link brings you to the main portion, which has some details on pretty much everything!

Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Features Battles in Brooklyn, Clash in Mogadishu
Brian Crecente — Packed with 15 levels set in locations around the world, from Manhattan to the catacombs of Paris, Modern Warfare 3's near-future campaign looks to be an experience that will top anything seen before in a Call of Duty game.

Multiplayer, too, seems to be shaping up to be an experience packed with new maps, experiences and ways to game.

Sources tell Kotaku that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will have as many as 20 multiplayer maps, though it's unclear if some will be cut before release or perhaps sold later as expansion packs. The game will also include a powerful mix of mission-based and survival Special Ops modes. While the mission-based levels will be designed like the ones made popular in Modern Warfare 2, we're told, the survival maps will have players fighting until they're overcome by increasingly difficult waves of enemies.

While we haven't seen the game in action ourselves, we believe that the imagery is accurate. That doesn't mean things can't change before release.

We've contacted Activision for comment and will update the story when and if they provide reaction.

Multiplayer Maps

Alpha
Alps
Bootleg
Bravo
Brooklyn
Carbon
Coast
Dome
Exchange
Hardhat
Interchange
Lambeth
Meteora
Mogadishu
Paris
Plaza 2
Radar
Seatown
Underground
Village
Spec Ops Modes

Survival

Carbon
Dome
Radar
Seatown
Village
Mission

Civilian Rescue
Flood the Market
Invisible Threat
Little Bro's
Out of Africa
No Fly Zone
Wing Man

post #90 of 10486 Old 05-13-2011, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

^nice!

i did read though that jacka---, i mean fourzerotwo didnt fully validate (nor invalidate) anything posted up on kotaku. i would hate to buy the final product and get 10 maps out of the possible 20, then have 5 maps come out at a time for $15 a pop... hey, wait a minute... deja vu!
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page