Forum Jump: 

post #9061 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpJuice View Post

If it makes you feel better, blowing you up with C4 on the B-Flag on Underground and watching you fly like superman made my weekend

I don't mind getting killed by you 10+ times a game if I can at least get one of those in on ya!

Haha, that was awesome. Those were some fun games - I actually enjoy getting on and playing against a group of you guys while being in party with you. I tend to laugh way more doing that than I do playing on the same team for some reason.

But you give me too much credit - I feel like whenever I play you, you have my number pretty damn well. The Steelhouses on the other hand... I love playing against them. You have the Mrs. who despite being a college teacher apparently only has a vocabulary consisting of words starting with f and c. And then you have the Mr. whose claim to fame is the phrase, "God bless it, Mystaphyer!" Such a potty mouth.

Today's my girlfriend's birthday, but I went all out and got a nice setup delivered to her work so maybe I'll be given the green light to get on later.

XBox Live: Mystaphyer / ConmansMom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9062 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 310
I should be on tonight after we watch Walking Dead. I saw Act of Valor yesterday, damn cool weapons and tactics use. Refreshing to see a movie get that right. The story and acting needed some work though.

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #9063 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 10:27 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I saw Act of Valor yesterday, damn cool weapons and tactics use. Refreshing to see a movie get that right. The story and acting needed some work though.

Agreed. The action was spot and the FPS camera view was damn cool (way better than DOOM was several years ago). The script and acting sucked but then again that wasn't why I went to see it.

That sniper was seriously BAD A$$!! And the boats in the first action sequence were awesome!!

Greg

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #9064 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I should be on tonight after we watch Walking Dead. I saw Act of Valor yesterday, damn cool weapons and tactics use. Refreshing to see a movie get that right. The story and acting needed some work though.

I agree that the acting was not great, but I think you can have actors get the acting right or actual Seals get the tactics right, but I don't think you're going to ever get both.

The plot wasn't any worse than any other action movie, really. I've read in different places that the movie was based on 5 separate actual "real-life" missions, so it sounds like they tried to take unconnected missions and mash them together into a cohesive plot.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #9065 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 11:26 AM

Liked: 10
Saw Act of Valor Saturday evening and thought it was awesome. Was loving how the tips of the barrels were glowing and the sound the turrets were making in the river scene. I expected the acting to be sub-par. I went to witness the tactics and maneuvers they use as a group.

I will admit, the ending scene with the Tridents and the coffin made me sob like a girl. I wasn't the only one, either. Heard a couple other guys trying to hold it back during the credits, too. After reading Lone Survivor and ST6, understanding what these guys go through physically, mentally, etc. to become an elite warrior, then to see a scene like that. It's tough.

XBOX Live GT: LOTION in BULK
post #9066 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

Happy Monday!!! *barf*

Had a pretty mediocre outing last night. Didn't have a full team, and ran into a few pretty solid teams.

Actually, I think the reason we didn't do that great is because Chas ignored our invites. What a dick.

I surely hope that comment was meant to include a "" with it!!!

I was being a good sport and "trying" to play through the single player mode of a game the Mrs got me for my birthday. It's "Binary Domain". She meant well but I was really after Mass Effect 3, which doesn't release until tomorrow. She doesn't really know what's good and what's ....uh....not so good!

I doubt that you would have been any better with me anyway. My heart just wasn't into playing last night.

Perfection is highly overrated!!!
XBL GamerTag: Chas617
post #9067 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas821 View Post

I was being a good sport and "trying" to play through the single player mode of a game the Mrs got me for my birthday. It's "Binary Domain". She meant well but I was really after Mass Effect 3, which doesn't release until tomorrow. She doesn't really know what's good and what's ....uh....not so good!

I doubt that you would have been any better with me anyway. My heart just wasn't into playing last night.

Never heard of Binary Domain. I saw you playing it and thought Hmm, an odd choice.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #9068 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:

Well, maybe not a , but possibly a =D, or even a ===D.

post #9069 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 01:11 PM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95oRANGEcRUSH View Post

Saw Act of Valor Saturday evening and thought it was awesome. Was loving how the tips of the barrels were glowing and the sound the turrets were making in the river scene. I expected the acting to be sub-par. I went to witness the tactics and maneuvers they use as a group.

I will admit, the ending scene with the Tridents and the coffin made me sob like a girl. I wasn't the only one, either. Heard a couple other guys trying to hold it back during the credits, too. After reading Lone Survivor and ST6, understanding what these guys go through physically, mentally, etc. to become an elite warrior, then to see a scene like that. It's tough.

Yep the theater I was in (small one about 65 seats or so was packed) was dead silent except for a lot of "sniffles".

And no I did not go to see it for the acting either. I think the script could have used some polish to it but hey its an action movie ... get over it.

Honestly one of my favorite scenes in the movie (and I thought it was well done) was the whole Christo interrogation scene. I agree with the comments by the characters in the movie, I would not want to be stuck in a room with the Chief!

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #9070 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Never heard of Binary Domain. I saw you playing it and thought Hmm, an odd choice.

It's gears of war meets vanquish. Not as good as either but still entertaining from what I've heard.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #9071 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Yep, the boat/hostage rescue scene was the best, pretty cool. Pillpusher would have loved the cardboard airplane drone

sage11x - That M60 is a pile of crap, I have no idea what you are talking about! I'm trying to use it yesterday and today and can't do crap... it's like running through quicksand and turning my lookspeed down to 1! I've lost so many fire fights I would have won with a faster gun. I'm trying to level it up to get the rapid fire but so far it is not a good match for my playstyle. The last LMG I really loved was the RPD in MW2, hasn't bee one worth a piss since that IMO.

My Rig

post #9072 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdalou View Post

Well, maybe not a , but possibly a =D, or even a ===D.

Well, I was tempted to drop the game I was playing and joining up but (1) I wouldn't have played long (Monday morning comes early!) and (2) the invite came from Meo(ooops...I mean "he who shall not be named") and thought to myself "self....that's just to fill a team to be cannon fodder for the Chaloops. I'll pass!"

I'll be on later for further put-downs, insults, and general trash talking!

post #9073 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

It's gears of war meets vanquish. Not as good as either but still entertaining from what I've heard.

I'll leave the "entertaining" comment for others judgement. It's a bunch of set pieces joined together with, IMHO, useless and lengthly animated cut scenes that really do nothing to further the story line. Game play consists of shooting robots, going through diffferent levels of difficulty, to get to the top level of a city to capture the evil head of a Japanese corporation. A key part of the play is control via a poorly implemented voice recognition system that manages to misunderstand almost everything said. Overall impression so far is: MEH!

But, because it was a gift, I'll play it out so as not to hurt the feelings of the Mrs who's heart was in the right place.

post #9074 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'll leave the "entertaining" comment for others judgement. It's a bunch of set pieces joined together with, IMHO, useless and lengthly animated cut scenes that really do nothing to further the story line. Game play consists of shooting robots, going through diffferent levels of difficulty, to get to the top level of a city to capture the evil head of a Japanese corporation. A key part of the play is control via a poorly implemented voice recognition system that manages to misunderstand almost everything said. Overall impression so far is: MEH!

But, because it was a gift, I'll play it out so as not to hurt the feelings of the Mrs who's heart was in the right place.

So... it's army of two crossed with gears and vanquish, then?

I've seen a bit of the game and it really reminded me of vanquish what with the army of evil robots you tear apart piece by piece... I really like vanquish and felt it was underrated as a whole but was in serious need of a co-op multiplayer of some sort. I never cared much for gears after the novelty of the original co-op campaign wore off. I got a bit more mileage from army of two but, like gears, that franchise fizzled with the sequel. This game looks to emulate the latter two and that's NOT a good thing. What made vanquish a better cover-based shooter was it's mobility and overall bad-ass-ery... It was actually FUN playing solo, something that can't be said for gears or Ao2.

--Carl Sagan
post #9075 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 37
When I saw Act of Valor opening wknd everyone applauded loudly at the end...pretty cool moment.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #9076 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 04:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

I decided to change things up a bit because I'm near the end of my prestige and I've pretty much finished with the 2 ARs I max out per prestige. I remember how cool the PP90M1 felt in my "hands" whenever I picked it up off the ground so I decided to give the SMG a shot for the last couple of ranks I have left until I prestige. That gun was absolutely deadly on Dome. I now know how people run around getting 45+ kills in a match. SMG or shotgun ad you can definitely do some damage on the right map. Wound up with 59 kills on that match. This was in addition to keeping 2 AH-6's, 1 AC-130, and several UAVs, CUAVs and AUAVs out of the sky. My personal best between any MW2 and MW3 games I've ever played. If there was a way to upload videos from my online vault onto here I would post a video as well.
post #9077 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

M60
Attachments
Grip
Rapidfire

extreme conditioning / Slight of hand
Assassin
Steady aim / stalker

Ultimate Rambo class

Alternate stalker and slight of hand for larger maps. This gun really is very very very underrated buy you guys.

Come at me Broseph
XBox live GT:Dubs4President
post #9078 of 10486 Old 03-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Got my first moab today. Picked the opportune spot on Dome infected knife v type95. Chilled at exit of the underground area that leads to the forklift and a/c units and got nasty. Everyone else up on the dome catwalk so I got the kills first. Final 28-2. Sweet but no callsign or emblem is pretty lame!

Are we having fun yet?
post #9079 of 10486 Old 03-06-2012, 06:43 AM

I forgot how fun Team Defender can be - that sh*t gets hectic. Only thing I hate is that it seems the games end too quickly.

Trophy + Sentry + AH6 = fun defending

Conman - sorry for having to bail so fast yesterday. GF got home earlier than I thought and it was her birthday so we had some dinner plans. You suck and I hope you got your poop pushed in. <3

post #9080 of 10486 Old 03-06-2012, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Team Def rocked. we should do that more often.
post #9081 of 10486 Old 03-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member

Ya Team Defender is a crazy fast paced gametype. It's a blast with a good team like you guys. Bad thing is there just aren't enough kills to go around with you guys! lol

I want my HDTV!
XBL: FNruthless
post #9082 of 10486 Old 03-06-2012, 08:46 AM

Yeah, I love Team Defender when I have an actual team that communicates. Its a nice change of pace and the camping is less than Deathmatch. You can really rack up the kills at times.

Those 2-3 matches against those guys running assassin and laying prone right where they spawned were brutally boring.
post #9083 of 10486 Old 03-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpJuice View Post

Yeah, I love Team Defender when I have an actual team that communicates. Its a nice change of pace and the camping is less than Deathmatch. You can really rack up the kills at times.

Those 2-3 matches against those guys running assassin and laying prone right where they spawned were brutally boring.

I couldn't believe those guys. It was boring for us so I can only imagine how boring it was for them. They were laying in some of the most out of the way places I've ever seen. I mean they probably only saw 4-5 enemies the whole time! The couple times they caught me off guard I got pissed, "Who the F**K lays there!" lol

I want my HDTV!
XBL: FNruthless
post #9084 of 10486 Old 03-06-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonov12 View Post

I couldn't believe those guys. It was boring for us so I can only imagine how boring it was for them. They were laying in some of the most out of the way places I've ever seen. I mean they probably only saw 4-5 enemies the whole time! The couple times they caught me off guard I got pissed, "Who the F**K lays there!" lol

Yeah, I witnessed one of those times on Village in the market, the guy was on top of some trash or something in the corner. Your reaction made me laugh.

btw, your friends list is full. I couldn't send you a request.
post #9085 of 10486 Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

It's a humble day when a man looks at himself and sees his faults lay bare...

My fault: mw3 is making me a frightful c u next Tuesday. I've got to stop playing this game. I bitch incessantly. I'm sure you guys must be getting sick of me-- I KNOW my girlfriend is sick of me! I feel like I should sell this game but I know I might regret it later on if I want to play the campaign again... I'm going to see if it fits in my safety deposit box and I'm going to lock this mother ****er away and forbid myself from playing it. Maybe in a few months when they stop "fixing" everything I can come back and actually employee some kind of strategy that isn't immediately made irrelevant by the developers constant tinkering. Who knows, maybe I'll actually have FUN playing this.

So-- thanks for the games, gentleman! I enjoy playing with you all and I feel sad as I won't have that interaction any longer. If you ever want to get your old school on I'm ALWAYS down for some blops, mw2 or (my fav) cod4. Hit me up some time!

Ryan

--Carl Sagan
post #9086 of 10486 Old 03-07-2012, 08:32 AM

Awwwww... You damn near had me pissing my pants the other day (might have been yesterday afternoon actually) when you used the double weapon xp for your shotty and kept getting killed on Seatown.

post #9087 of 10486 Old 03-07-2012, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

My fault: mw3 is making me a frightful c u next Tuesday. I've got to stop playing this game. I bitch incessantly. I'm sure you guys must be getting sick of me-- I KNOW my girlfriend is sick of me! I feel like I should sell this game but I know I might regret it later on if I want to play the campaign again... I'm going to see if it fits in my safety deposit box and I'm going to lock this mother ****er away and forbid myself from playing it. Maybe in a few months when they stop "fixing" everything I can come back and actually employee some kind of strategy that isn't immediately made irrelevant by the developers constant tinkering. Who knows, maybe I'll actually have FUN playing this.

So-- thanks for the games, gentleman! I enjoy playing with you all and I feel sad as I won't have that interaction any longer. If you ever want to get your old school on I'm ALWAYS down for some blops, mw2 or (my fav) cod4. Hit me up some time!

Ryan

Dude, f*** this game. I get on once in a blue moon to play survival with my niece. Other than that I have been playing Batman:AC and started Gears 3 with my co-worker. Don't miss MW3 at all.

I maybe up for some CoD4 or MW2 though. All in all, the sheer amount of stupid players playing CoD makes me angry and turns me off completely. So, I don't even think I will want to play old school but who knows. Definitely not playing MW3 though.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #9088 of 10486 Old 03-07-2012, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I complain a fair amount about certain tactics too, but if I join a lobby that is full of tools, I just rage quit and find another lobby. Works fine for me, other than when the game keeps putting you back into the same lobby over and over and over - or drops you in a game that just ended, or better yet you join and get to be the last kill.
post #9089 of 10486 Old 03-07-2012, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Everyone post your win streak. (a blatant effort to shift the discussion back to MW3 from AoV)

Jer

'Build a man a fire and he stays warm for one night. Set a man afire and he stays warm for the rest of his life.'
post #9090 of 10486 Old 03-07-2012, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ryan

IW and MW3 is like George Lucas and Star Wars, just keep fixing it until it is a steaming pile of fock unrecognizable from the greatness from which it spawned.

My Rig

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page