Call of Duty:Modern Warfare.......*3* - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 10486 Old 05-13-2011, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
o yeah. we know its takin place after mw2 and were on a hunt for Makarov. story wise lets keep it like that. just as a curtesy please use spoiler tag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 10486 Old 05-13-2011, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 161
One of the stories on Kotaku has a ton of spoiler warning, but essentially they tell you how the game progresses and where you are fighting, and as who. I skipped that whole story as I don't want to know. They warn you well enough, and I didn't post any of it. If you are so inclined, the SP campaign is there.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #93 of 10486 Old 05-13-2011, 01:08 PM

Liked: 10
Please dont' take away quickscoping because that was so awesome in MW2, so awesome that I traded that hacked up game in.
post #94 of 10486 Old 05-13-2011, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMeowMeoow View Post

Please dont' take away quickscoping because that was so awesome in MW2, so awesome that I traded that hacked up game in.

Meow, there was NO quickscoping in MW2. I'll stake PJ's reputation on it!

In other news, I'm absolutely confident that MW3 will include all MP maps at release and forgo the extra map pack revenue, they have seen the error of their ways!

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #95 of 10486 Old 05-13-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post

Meow, there was NO quickscoping in MW2. I'll stake PJ's reputation on it!

In other news, I'm absolutely confident that MW3 will include all MP maps at release and forgo the extra map pack revenue, they have seen the error of their ways!

Whacchu smokin because I want some!!!!!! PJ's reputation must be shyt then if your willing to risk it.
post #96 of 10486 Old 05-13-2011, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMeowMeoow View Post

Whacchu smokin because I want some!!!!!! PJ's reputation must be shyt then if your willing to risk it.

You just ask PJ about MW2 quickscoping.... do so at your own risk!!!

post #97 of 10486 Old 05-13-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:

You just ask PJ about MW2 quickscoping.... do so at your own risk!!!

Oh I will!
post #98 of 10486 Old 05-13-2011, 06:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 17
post #99 of 10486 Old 05-13-2011, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
MW is the only true CoD. Can't wait to start seeing some game footages for this!

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #100 of 10486 Old 05-14-2011, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 111
England Teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG_Je...feature=relmfu

Looks like there are teasers for America, England, France and Germany.
post #101 of 10486 Old 05-14-2011, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

I get the feeling this game is going to be much larger than any of us think. Activision is probably trying to put out a game that will make the old IW employees jealous, kind of a look what we can do without you thing. I am assuming they also knew that Battlefield 3 was coming, and that they would have to really step up their game a lot to make it the "better choice".

Most of the 20 maps should make it in. They may pull a couple due to them not being great (or hold one or two for map packs). The more they include, the more they have over BF3.

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

post #102 of 10486 Old 05-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes
I get the feeling this game is going to be much larger than any of us think. Activision is probably trying to put out a game that will make the old IW employees jealous, kind of a look what we can do without you thing. I am assuming they also knew that Battlefield 3 was coming, and that they would have to really step up their game a lot to make it the "better choice".

Most of the 20 maps should make it in. They may pull a couple due to them not being great (or hold one or two for map packs). The more they include, the more they have over BF3.
ummm....yep....I think you're right. I really hope they keep the maps small though.

"OmfgItzThaMack" on XBL, Steam, & Origin...

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #103 of 10486 Old 05-14-2011, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

I see no possible way they are not holding back 6-8 maps for add-on map packs. It's a proven revenue stream now, why would they abandon it?

post #104 of 10486 Old 05-14-2011, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper View Post

I was going to make some sort of Homefront joke, but instead I'll just say I hope MW3 succeeds where HF failed.

post #105 of 10486 Old 05-14-2011, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I see no possible way they are not holding back 6-8 maps for add-on map packs. It's a proven revenue stream now, why would they abandon it?
They can always make more after the fact. No matter how many maps they give us with the disc, they will sell millions of map packs. After 3-4 months I am always up for something new. I can't imagine it takes a huge team to make some maps.

post #106 of 10486 Old 05-14-2011, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Little bit of speculation/wishful thinking after peering at the leaked MW3 multiplayer screens:

1) Shotguns as primaries? This seems to be a good guess based on the images of differing soldier skins: in addition to the standard SMG/LMG/Assault there is a Demolition skin... Very interesting. The AA12, 1887 and Stryker are all making a return in addition to what appears to be a Kel-Tec KSG pump action 12 guage.

--IMO, shotguns should be primaries-- Even if CoD has never nailed the balancing just right. i expect the shotties to be at least as powerful as they were in mw2 if they return to the primary slot.

2) More customization in optics? The image of the M4 carbine shows both an EOTech Holographic AND an ACOG combat scope attached in series. Could it be that you will be able to adjust your optics based on range, on the fly?

3) Grenade Launcher will be a perk/equipment option instead of an attachment? I admit that I may be grasping with this one but-- I find it intriguing that the M320 is shown both as an attachment and as a stand-alone with it's own stock. Now, this could simply be that they wanted to offer it as it's own secondary (as the M203 never was) OR it could mean that the M320 would occupy a slot in your perk/attachment list. Selecting it would automatically attach it to your weapon if available or give it to you as a swappable-- both selectable with the same left D-pad press.

4) Machine pistols will again be a secondary option? Again, little bit of grasping on my part-- but, I don't see them seriously offering the Magpul FMG (essentially a Glock hidden in a folding case) as an SMG. I could be wrong tho...

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #107 of 10486 Old 05-14-2011, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Oh man... I've been trying not to get my hopes up about this game as I don't want to have my heart broken over another CoD-- but I have to say I'm looking forward to to this. We'll see...

MW2 was a love/hate thing for me. Like a girl you pick up at the bar: it starts all hot and heavy with lot's of passion (and man does she look good) but you quickly realize that this chick is bat-sh^t crazy! Seriously, she has more issues than national geographic-- and is one dirty girl to boot ("I'm infected with what!?"). Every once in awhile you'll go back convinced it wasn't as bad as you remember-- until you wake up in the morning with a 5-alarm headache, half your crap is gone, and she slashed your tires and alienated all your friends...

And then there's black ops... Oh, black ops... Black ops is like the girl your buddy talked you up about, getting you into a frenzy and then sending you on a blind date-- then, once you get to the restaurant, you discover she's homely and may be mentally disabled.
"Well, maybe she has a great personality" you think to yourself.
Nope-- she's boring as hell, imbalanced, and you're now 100% sure that she's mentally handicapped...

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #108 of 10486 Old 05-14-2011, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Seriously, you guys are nuts about the quick scoping in MW2. El Dude, will you fire it up with me and play a few matches so I can prove it?

It still cracks me up to this day how any time anyone ever gets sniped the first thing out of their mouth is "QUICK SCOPER!!"

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch
PS3/PSN: pj_rage
360/Live: pjrage82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan
Dude please, your list of toys is so long its like Santa is your dad lol.
post #109 of 10486 Old 05-15-2011, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Rage View Post

Seriously, you guys are nuts about the quick scoping in MW2. El Dude, will you fire it up with me and play a few matches so I can prove it?

It still cracks me up to this day how any time anyone ever gets sniped the first thing out of their mouth is "QUICK SCOPER!!"

LOL I'm not even going to start this convo again!!

But yeah, I'll jump into a MW2 match with you one of these days, I wasn't on last night. All that's left on MW2 is glitchers and quickscopers anyway!

post #110 of 10486 Old 05-16-2011, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Ta Da!

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #111 of 10486 Old 05-16-2011, 06:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

Ta Da!

Best. Click. Ever!

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #112 of 10486 Old 05-16-2011, 06:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

All that's left on MW2 is glitchers and quickscopers anyway!

Wasnt that always the case?

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #113 of 10486 Old 05-17-2011, 05:41 AM

They are now taking preorders at gamestop
post #114 of 10486 Old 05-17-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Face View Post

the main game is being spearheaded by the current Infinity Ward. however approx 2 or 3 months ago there was news that IW needed help to finish the game on time. Activision brought in 2 other developers to help. help with what? dunno, but it seems like the usuall COD November release window will be met.

If this isn't spelling disaster for the upcoming release, I don't know what will. I mean, IW has NEVER needed help finishing a CoD and if it is true they called in help, avoid this game.

All of this Activision/Respawn stuff has been a distraction for them, half the noteworthy devs leaving the company is another.

All the hype being generated is being done by Activision and FourZeroF-BAG themselves to pump sales.

I hope the gaming community is smarter than they give us credit for.

Xbox Live=chemical360
PSN=chemical360
post #115 of 10486 Old 05-17-2011, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemical360 View Post

If this isn't spelling disaster for the upcoming release, I don't know what will. I mean, IW has NEVER needed help finishing a CoD and if it is true they called in help, avoid this game.

All of this Activision/Respawn stuff has been a distraction for them, half the noteworthy devs leaving the company is another.

All the hype being generated is being done by Activision and FourZeroF-BAG themselves to pump sales.

So you're saying if you have a hundred people working on a game and fifty of them leave, you don't think that those fifty remaining are going to need some help to pick up the slack?

Even if those 50 left before they development of the new game began, it's going to take a while for any replacements to be caught up on the way things work and technology used. A software project isn't something you can just step into and immediately start contributing on (despite what my management thinks).

Not saying the game won't suck, but I can understand why they may need some help.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #116 of 10486 Old 05-17-2011, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

So you're saying if you have a hundred people working on a game and fifty of them leave, you don't think that those fifty remaining are going to need some help to pick up the slack?

Not saying the game won't suck, but I can understand why they may need some help.

It is not the fact they need help. But what made IW's CoD's great was the cohesion of the team. It was the same guys over and over and over and it worked...

I guess that is my point. IW, for all intents and purposes, has been dismantled to the point where they called in other devs cold and said "here, finish this segment" or "here, map that out."

I just cannot believe, assuming that rumor to be true, that this is the formula for another great effort for them.

Xbox Live=chemical360
PSN=chemical360
post #117 of 10486 Old 05-17-2011, 06:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

You must be smoking crack. You havent seen an ounce of footage from the game and you telling people to avoid it? LMAO!!

Every single series of COD has only been more popular than the last. So popular that since 2007 it has broken all records set by a single game. Even W@W and BLOPS by Treyarch are extremely polished titles that play well. Activision has made bllions and knows this is the hottest franchise they will ever have, do you really think them adding MORE help to polish/finish what will be (yet again) the BEST selling videogame ever is a bad thing? If anything additional support is a great thing. More people, more ideas, more creativity, more refinement.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #118 of 10486 Old 05-17-2011, 06:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

It is not the fact they need help. But what made IW's CoD's great was the cohesion of the team. It was the same guys over and over and over and it worked...

I guess that is my point. IW, for all intents and purposes, has been dismantled to the point where they called in other devs cold and said "here, finish this segment" or "here, map that out."

I just cannot believe, assuming that rumor to be true, that this is the formula for another great effort for them.

Less you forget MW2 was a hot mess. While the game had great ideas and continued the COD storyline, it has been filled with problems since day 1. Just a week ago (mind you this is a title released 2 years ago) they had to issue another patch to the game to fix the spam messages being sent out. The amount of glitching, cheating, boosting, unbalanced gameplay, overpowered weapons/perks/killstreaks, etc.. was without a doubt the worse its ever been in COD history. No other COD game has had as many issues as MW2. With the problems it was riddled with, and their lack/slowness of support to fix those problems. I'm personally glad the "old IW" isnt around anymore to fock MW3 up.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #119 of 10486 Old 05-17-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

You must be smoking crack. You havent seen an ounce of footage from the game and you telling people to avoid it? LMAO!!

Every single series of COD has only been more popular than the last. So popular that since 2007 it has broken all records set by a single game. Even W@W and BLOPS by Treyarch are extremely polished titles that play well. Activision has made bllions and knows this is the hottest franchise they will ever have, do you really think them adding MORE help to polish/finish what will be (yet again) the BEST selling videogame ever is a bad thing?

If anything additional support is a great thing. More people, more ideas, more creativity, more refinement.

I think anyone with half an ounce of intelligence and given the state of the company and what Activision's goals clearly are.... Oh, and by the fact that Modern Warfare 2 was a disaster of epic proportions during it's first month if not longer (I wouldn't know, I sold it by then), could see that this is going to be a weak effort at best.

So yes, I am saying avoid it. Footage has been proven time and again to skew the quality of what a game truly is. Cinematic reveals get everyone all hyped up, pre-orders in and that is exaclty what Activision wants.

I love the fact that everyone throws out records broken to prove the quality of the titles. Most of those records, were a result of release day figures. Before everyone played the game. Before the quality of what MW2 is was truly known.

Nuke Boosting, hacked rooms, inifinite ammo, infinite crates, tactical insertion hacks want to run down the list again? Or have we all heard enough of that by now? I think we have

The quality of IW's efforts went down hill with MW2 and there is no indication that this will be different.

But, I hope it is. I hope they prove me wrong. If they do, I will buy the game but certainly not on release day or anywhere close to it. I will let everyone else spend the money and base it of consumer reviews, not what IW and Activision show me in limited reveal trailers with NO beta.

Xbox Live=chemical360
PSN=chemical360
post #120 of 10486 Old 05-17-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Less you forget MW2 was a hot mess. While the game had great ideas and continued the COD storyline, it has been filled with problems since day 1. Just a week ago (mind you this is a title released 2 years ago) they had to issue another patch to the game to fix the spam messages being sent out. The amount of glitching, cheating, boosting, unbalanced gameplay, overpowered weapons/perks/killstreaks, etc.. was without a doubt the worse its ever been in COD history. No other COD game has had as many issues as MW2. With the problems it was riddled with, and their lack/slowness of support to fix those problems. I'm personally glad the "old IW" isnt around anymore to fock MW3 up.

But see, that is the misconception right there. Everyone is blaming the old IW. Yes, the old IW worked on the project but the internal battle between them and Activision began long before MW2 was completed. This was evidenced by the immediate exodus post MW2's release. I bet that if Activsion had made good and NOT have done what they are accused of, I bet MW2 would have been epic.

I firmly believe the internal battles is what drove MW2 into the ground.

Eidt: I am speaking of quality ONLY because I know someone with throw release day figures in my face. Again, sales has nothing to do with the quality of the game. As we have seen in the past with other franchises. Once you build a great title, you can **** in a box for your next effort and everyone will buy it up.

Xbox Live=chemical360
PSN=chemical360
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page