Ubisoft annouces Rocksmith a new guitar based music game utilizing a real guitar - Page 10 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #271 of 530 Old 01-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 217
I'm stuck on the animals song. need 96% or something close to qualify and it's killing me. The spot I'm at is requiring 75% of the notes of the riff and it's really screwing me up. I think it would be easier to learn this song if I just had all the notes to start.

I can easily do the song on chord mode 110% or more. But when I have to switch to sweeping, I'm just broken.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 530 Old 01-12-2012, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Grr. I'm waiting for the PC version. Until May (!!) , at last update.

At least I didn't pre-order for the holidays, like some. Waiting so long to push it back was pretty low on Ubi's part considering how far the PC version is from release, apparently.
post #273 of 530 Old 01-13-2012, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 280
I did a little research on the losing your qualifying songs after a save. Turns out it only happens if there is downloaded content in the setlist. Devs are aware and supposedly addressing this in the patch that should come out this month.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #274 of 530 Old 01-13-2012, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by innatetech View Post

Grr. I'm waiting for the PC version. Until May (!!) , at last update.

At least I didn't pre-order for the holidays, like some. Waiting so long to push it back was pretty low on Ubi's part considering how far the PC version is from release, apparently.

I think they are going to abandon the PC version, from the rumors I hear on the net. Apparently it's pissed off a lot of people and they are letting Ubi know that they are angry with the devs. I think another reason is pirating the game for the PC. It would be foolish for Ubi to not get the PC crowd in on this because we are probably in the 35 to over 40 range and most of us don't want to buy new hardware when we have perfectly working PC's.
post #275 of 530 Old 01-13-2012, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

I did a little research on the losing your qualifying songs after a save. Turns out it only happens if there is downloaded content in the setlist. Devs are aware and supposedly addressing this in the patch that should come out this month.

The patch has been pushed back to Feb. I still haven't lost any of my Q songs what lvl is this happening Remo?
post #276 of 530 Old 01-13-2012, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

I think they are going to abandon the PC version, from the rumors I hear on the net. Apparently it's pissed off a lot of people and they are letting Ubi know that they are angry with the devs. I think another reason is pirating the game for the PC. It would be foolish for Ubi to not get the PC crowd in on this because we are probably in the 35 to over 40 range and most of us don't want to buy new hardware when we have perfectly working PC's.

I think the PC version will get abandoned too, due to piracy. Once that version is out, the 360 and PS3 version will suffer as well as a lot of people can just buy the cable and then pirate the PC version.

The only thing they could do is replace the lost revenue is to have more DLC and even then, that can be pirated too.

The time I do see Rocksmith releasing on the PC is when sales have dried up for the consoles or when they're about to release Rocksmith 2.
post #277 of 530 Old 01-13-2012, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I haven't been too excited about a PC version, but something just hit me that could solve my biggest pet peeve with Rocksmith and Rockband. I hate how long it takes to get up and running on xbox. Sign in, boot game, detect dlc, tweak options, go into quickplay, choose song, etc... #firstworldproblem

With a PC/Mac version I could just minimize between sessions. That way any time I'm walking past I could stop and play for a few minutes.

xbl/gamecenter: leff4
psn/twitter: ileff
my app: video poker clock
post #278 of 530 Old 01-13-2012, 11:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked: 945
I thought that the PC version was pretty important to the product. I've got to believe that no major portion of the market for something like this are people who use or even own gaming consoles, but nearly everyone has a PC of some kind. I was going to buy it, just for the convenience factor (as ileff points out). I have to start up my Xbox when I use it, but my PC is never turned off.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #279 of 530 Old 01-13-2012, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The patch has been pushed back to Feb. I still haven't lost any of my Q songs what lvl is this happening Remo?

I'm not sure exactly what level, I've got about 5.5 million points now, but I was several venues in before I ever downloaded any songs. Thinking back on it now, I never had that problem before. I may do a little experimenting tonight to see if it does only happen if I have dlc in my setlist.

post #280 of 530 Old 01-13-2012, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

I think the PC version will get abandoned too, due to piracy. Once that version is out, the 360 and PS3 version will suffer as well as a lot of people can just buy the cable and then pirate the PC version.

The only thing they could do is replace the lost revenue is to have more DLC and even then, that can be pirated too.

The time I do see Rocksmith releasing on the PC is when sales have dried up for the consoles or when they're about to release Rocksmith 2.

This was another reason that kept me from returning my Xbox. PC's are always going to be second fiddle to consoles, and a lot of games I hear don't even get released for the PC these days.

When I first got this game boxin from BB after BF I got lucky btw I wasn't even looking for a console. I went to pm some 3D movies during that time and was actually walking out the store empty handed when the BB girl waved me down to tell me they found one. I hesitated for a second thinking ok there are a few things I like about the Xbox but never tried. Extender to PC, it plays my HD DVD's and I can play some games. So I said what the hell I'll buy it not knowing about RockSmith at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

I thought that the PC version was pretty important to the product. I've got to believe that no major portion of the market for something like this are people who use or even own gaming consoles, but nearly everyone has a PC of some kind. I was going to buy it, just for the convenience factor (as ileff points out). I have to start up my Xbox when I use it, but my PC is never turned off.

After playing the games and using it as an extender I wasn't to impressed and the gaming just wasn't there for me. I hate these game boxin controllers I'm a PC guy and like my kb and mouse. That's when I was seriously thinking about taking it back. Then I found out about RS researched it and was excited about the PC version. After digging through the RS forums it wasn't looking good for the PC So I had to make a decision should I wait and hope they release it or just keep the box. That's when I decided to just keep the damn thing PC's are always going play second fiddle to the consoles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileff View Post

I haven't been too excited about a PC version, but something just hit me that could solve my biggest pet peeve with Rocksmith and Rockband. I hate how long it takes to get up and running on xbox. Sign in, boot game, detect dlc, tweak options, go into quickplay, choose song, etc... #firstworldproblem

With a PC/Mac version I could just minimize between sessions. That way any time I'm walking past I could stop and play for a few minutes.

Whole hardily agree.... Also could use 3rd party remote support these controllers don't bode well with this game.

Quote:

I'm not sure exactly what level, I've got about 5.5 million points now, but I was several venues in before I ever downloaded any songs. Thinking back on it now, I never had that problem before. I may do a little experimenting tonight to see if it does only happen if I have dlc in my setlist.

I only dl'd the free Christmas songs some were saying the Tom Petty track would get stuck while loading or something. I have that song in my list and played it with no issues. So maybe certain DLC is causing the RS amnesia, as I mentioned I always go into the Events after I qualify the set before pulling the plug. I think once you go live in the Events it locks in those songs in it's set list. I've mastered like six songs so far but only played two of them live. It's hard for me to remember the correct riffs unless I continually loop the song in reheasal to embed it into my thick scull lol!

To see what lvl your at just look up at the upper right corner it will tell you your title as you lvl up. I'm titled as a National Headliner at lvl 6 there is a progress bar that tells you how far you are in that particular career.

Let's Keep Jamming!

Regards, Gary
post #281 of 530 Old 01-13-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This was another reason that kept me from returning my Xbox. PC's are always going to be second fiddle to consoles, and a lot of games I hear don't even get released for the PC these days.

After playing the games and using it as an extender I wasn't to impressed and the gaming just wasn't there for me. I hate these game boxin controllers I'm a PC guy and like my kb and mouse. That's when I was seriously thinking about taking it back.

Whole hardily agree.... Also could use 3rd party remote support these controllers don't bode well with this game.

You can always get XIM3 which lets you game with KBM. I heard great things about it but the price shock has kept me from actually picking it up myself.

Also, have you tried the WMC remote for the 360? You can use that as a substitute for the Xbox controller.
post #282 of 530 Old 01-13-2012, 01:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

You can always get XIM3 which lets you game with KBM. I heard great things about it but the price shock has kept me from actually picking it up myself.

Also, have you tried the WMC remote for the 360? You can use that as a substitute for the Xbox controller.

Other than the Guide button and the menu that it brings up, the IR remotes don't work inside of any game that I know of.

post #283 of 530 Old 01-13-2012, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It doesn't work as micheal mentioned I actually have the remote that came with the HD DVD add on.
post #284 of 530 Old 01-14-2012, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Ah... ran into my first bug, fired up the Xbox this morn and my invited events were gone! Seems like the devs limited the games memory allocations/amnesia..
post #285 of 530 Old 01-14-2012, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Other than the Guide button and the menu that it brings up, the IR remotes don't work inside of any game that I know of.

this is a big bummer! I tried it out and it failed as well. This would actually have been perfect as the media remote would've worked well for Rocksmith. Heck, I think the big button controller that comes with Scene It would've been perfect as a navigation device.

Maybe someone can submit a feature addition request. I'd think it'd be trivial to add support. Even the buttons on the media remote and big button controller are labeled A, B, X, Y and have direction buttons for navigation.
post #286 of 530 Old 01-14-2012, 04:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Maybe someone can submit a feature addition request. I'd think it'd be trivial to add support. Even the buttons on the media remote and big button controller are labeled A, B, X, Y and have direction buttons for navigation.

The IR remotes have all of the buttons and they're all used at various places in the dashboard and multimedia apps but they've never been usable in games. (They do not have sticks and triggers, which'd limit their usefulness in most games). It's been this way since the beginning and I'm sure that it's intentional. I believe that the same limitation is present in the PS3 as well though its remote is BT like its pads.

BTW, the one other Xbox IR remote function which works while in games is Power Toggle.

post #287 of 530 Old 01-14-2012, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Over at the ubi forums someone posted this type of pedal board. The only difference is this one is metal and a little cheaper. It sounds like this wouold be perfect for RS.

http://usb.brando.com/usb-metal-trip...1c046d015.html
post #288 of 530 Old 01-14-2012, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

I tested it out. It's definitely the dlc that makes your setlist disappear if you save, quit, then start the game back. If no dlc is present the setlist stays fine.

The Tom Petty track isn't dlc, and i've played it with no problems. Love Tom Petty and that is a great song. Hope they have some Tom Petty dlc soon.

post #289 of 530 Old 01-15-2012, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I tested it out. It's definitely the dlc that makes your setlist disappear if you save, quit, then start the game back. If no dlc is present the setlist stays fine.

The Tom Petty track isn't dlc, and i've played it with no problems. Love Tom Petty and that is a great song. Hope they have some Tom Petty dlc soon.

Ah that's why I lost my invited event I had Seth Chapala's Carol of the Bells in that set list. But the funny thing is it totally took away the whole invited event nothing nadda zilch! It left only the journey mode tracks.
post #290 of 530 Old 01-15-2012, 12:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Over at the ubi forums someone posted this type of pedal board. The only difference is this one is metal and a little cheaper. It sounds like this wouold be perfect for RS.

http://usb.brando.com/usb-metal-trip...1c046d015.html

I'm sorry--in what way could that be used in Rocksmith?

post #291 of 530 Old 01-15-2012, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm sorry--in what way could that be used in Rocksmith?

Use it like a stomp box so you can get different effects from the variety of pedals the game has to offer. Sometimes during a song I'd like to switch it over to keep with the music.
post #292 of 530 Old 01-16-2012, 08:04 AM

Liked: 10
The v2 remote for PS3 does work in games. I do not know about the first gen remote, though.
post #293 of 530 Old 01-16-2012, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I decided to delete the DLC I lost my set list today. And after losing my invited Events the day before I'm not taking anymore chances until they release the damn patch.
post #294 of 530 Old 01-17-2012, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

If you delete your dlc, can you redownload without paying for it again?

Rockband had an option in the game to ignore the dlc, too bad Rocksmith doesn't have one(that I could find). That way I could play through all the songs in the setlist, then when I get to the end I could add some dlc to play right before I do the event.

I tried another way yesterday. I played a setlist that had about 3 dlc songs in it. I qualified all but a couple of songs then wrote down the setlist and turned the xbox off. Of course when I played again the setlist was totally different so I went through and put all the songs I had back in. I still had the points for all of those qualified songs, but I had to play everyone of them again to requalify it (even though I had enough points already). What a pain in the ass. I'm definitely not buying anymore dlc until this is fixed.

post #295 of 530 Old 01-17-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone else noticed that the Drop D tuner is a little off. When I use the on-screen tuner to tune to drop-d, the top string (E string tuned to D) is a little sharp. Then when I get into a song I miss a bunch of notes on that string. I've been tuning to D with the tuner so it will let me pass, then tuning by ear to get it right. Kind of a pain in the butt.

So if you have trouble with drop D songs constantly telling you that your a fret to high, try tuning it down a hair.

post #296 of 530 Old 01-17-2012, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If you delete your dlc, can you redownload without paying for it again?

Rockband had an option in the game to ignore the dlc, too bad Rocksmith doesn't have one(that I could find). That way I could play through all the songs in the setlist, then when I get to the end I could add some dlc to play right before I do the event.

I tried another way yesterday. I played a setlist that had about 3 dlc songs in it. I qualified all but a couple of songs then wrote down the setlist and turned the xbox off. Of course when I played again the setlist was totally different so I went through and put all the songs I had back in. I still had the points for all of those qualified songs, but I had to play everyone of them again to requalify it (even though I had enough points already). What a pain in the ass. I'm definitely not buying anymore dlc until this is fixed.

I have no clue as this is my first Xbox and I only dl'd the free Christmas pak. As far as the DLC of songs I have Boston on Tab along with other sheet music I got waaay back in the the day when OLGA was the bomb diggity. I also got three months of Live when I bought the box'in so I never put any credit info on XBL's site. Not only that but it seems like everybody is getting hacked due to the FiFFA hack through Live. And MS is doing nothing about it, so when my XBL account cancels itself out I won't be paying fees to XBL and giving them credit info. Hoping by March the patch and better song list's will be available to purchase. This game so far will keep me busy for a year or two.

Quote:

Has anyone else noticed that the Drop D tuner is a little off. When I use the on-screen tuner to tune to drop-d, the top string (E string tuned to D) is a little sharp. Then when I get into a song I miss a bunch of notes on that string. I've been tuning to D with the tuner so it will let me pass, then tuning by ear to get it right. Kind of a pain in the butt.

So if you have trouble with drop D songs constantly telling you that your a fret to high, try tuning it down a hair.

The in game tuner is a little mediocre but so far haven't had any issues with drop D songs. Even after I check it with my digital tuner RS still registers the the proper note. Maybe it's my guitar's intonation setup, I dunno but so far RS has been very good to my Strat it just worked when I first plugged in to the game.

Things are looking up for my atrocious playing habits, like fretting the proper notes is getting more automatic and comfortable. The guitar feels me... and I feel it now... and am really diggin the electric experience thanks to RS it's really fun when you get a really rockin song!
post #297 of 530 Old 01-17-2012, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

post #298 of 530 Old 01-17-2012, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Nice looking set of singles. I hope the patch comes out soon so I can buy some of their DLC.
post #299 of 530 Old 01-18-2012, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

For those that may not be able to get to the ubisoft page from work:

David Bowie: Space Oddity
Heart: Barracuda
Blue Oyster Cult: Don't Fear the Reaper

$2.99 (240 ms points) each

The Reaper has some hard solos and the rhythm should be fun if you have someone playing cowbell for you. I know the song Space Oddity (starts out "Ground Control to Major Tom), but I can't seem to think of how the guitar sounds at all.

post #300 of 530 Old 01-18-2012, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flatus View Post

Nice looking set of singles. I hope the patch comes out soon so I can buy some of their DLC.

I think were better off using a USB stick for dlc for this fickle game, as Remo mentioned I don't know if you have to pay twice if you dump your dlc. Seems like once you buy it you should be able to dl the file again. My Christmas pak on xbl will tell you already dl'd the file and if you would like to dl it again. Seems like if you buy it the same rule should apply I would think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page