Ubisoft annouces Rocksmith a new guitar based music game utilizing a real guitar - Page 15 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #421 of 448 Old 09-25-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
I got no problem with lag on HDMI with my 360, running through a Belkin switch and an Onkyo AVR.
Interesting....for me there is a obvious clear delay between when I pluck the string and the corresponding sound comes out the speakers over HDMI.

Only way to fix it was to just use HDMI for the video and analog stereo out for the audio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 448 Old 09-25-2014, 03:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Liked: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
If this is true, and if a new Rock Band game ever comes out for the new generation, then I will be annoyed if that DLC doesn't port over as well.

Not entirely fair, given that UbiSoft only had to negotiate for transfer of a few hundred songs, with RB having over 2000 (non RBN) titles.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #423 of 448 Old 09-25-2014, 04:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post
So there is no delay for you between when you pluck the string and when the sound comes out of your tv/stereo?
I find that hard to believe. They even say in the manual not to use hdmi.

If I had had to go through connecting analog audio I would probably not be playing this game. I just switched TVs, though, so video lag is now an unknown. It's a 4K TV with one HDMI 2.0 output which supposedly has super low video lag (17 ms as measured by a calibrator using the Bodnar Lag Tester). I'm using one of the other HDMI connections right now in order to use ARC for sound from the smart TV apps, but I'm going to switch to using optical S/PDIF for sound and move the HDMI cable to the special connection. I auto-calibrated Rock Band 3 yesterday and the new TV had 28 ms more video lag than the old, so it might be slow enough through this connection to introduce enough lag to bother me.

post #424 of 448 Old 09-25-2014, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 573
yeah, totally forgot about the HDMI versus RCA/analog...

I did run Rocksmith on the 360 over RCA due to severe latency problems with HDMI and optical. over analog, it was pretty good.

hoping the One can help solve this since it's a faster CPU (the game and menus were a little sluggish on the 360).
post #425 of 448 Old 09-26-2014, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Not entirely fair, given that UbiSoft only had to negotiate for transfer of a few hundred songs, with RB having over 2000 (non RBN) titles.

I understand the whole licensing stuff and that part is fair, but that's not the aspect I was referring to. I'm just saying if this is true that DLC can in fact transfer from say a PS3 to a PS4, then if a new Rock Band game comes out, I don't want to hear Harmonix saying that it's impossible for DLC to port from one system to the other because of hardware.
post #426 of 448 Old 11-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Looks like this is coming out Nov 4th, Tuesday, for Xbox One. Always wanted to buy a guitar and learn how to play. Wonder if this will hold up as a good teacher/trainer or be a Guitar Hero ripoff

Sony KDL65W850A 65" LED HDTV  || Denon AVR-2113CI || Polk Monitor 65T (Fronts) || Polk Monitor 50's (Rears) || Polk CS2 (Center) || Acoustech PL-200

Xbox Live : BoDEAN96 -- Feel free to add me (msg me you are from AVSForums) and we can game.
post #427 of 448 Old 11-03-2014, 12:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean View Post
Looks like this is coming out Nov 4th, Tuesday, for Xbox One. Always wanted to buy a guitar and learn how to play. Wonder if this will hold up as a good teacher/trainer or be a Guitar Hero ripoff

It's a great piece of software, less of a game than a guitar training tool.

For those of us who already own it on other platforms, apparently your library of songs will port to Xbox One:

http://blog.ubi.com/rocksmith-2014-e...-ps4-xbox-one/

post #428 of 448 Old 11-03-2014, 03:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Woah! You can import Rocksmith 1 from the 360 into Rocksmith 2 for the One! Dance Central Spotlight imports the DLC from DC1, 2, and 3 but not the actual disc songs themselves.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...p-Xbox-One-FAQ

When will Rocksmith 2014 Edition be available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4?
The release date is November 4 in North America, November 6 in the Europe and Australia, and November 7 in the UK. The physical edition comes with the required Rocksmith Real Tone Cable for a suggested retail price of $79.99 USD/£65,00/90,00€. (Keep in mind that is a suggested price; final retail price at your local store may differ, as Ubisoft suggests but does not dictate prices). The game will also be released as a digital download, without the Real Tone Cable, for a suggested price of $59.99 (international prices TBD, but expected to be equitable). Please note the Real Tone Cable is required to play Rocksmith 2014, so if you don’t already have one, you will need to purchase one separately. More on that in a bit.

How many songs are included with Rocksmith 2014 Edition for Xbox One and PlayStation 4?
Rocksmith 2014 includes 55 songs, plus an additional 10 bonus songs, which are unlockable as you progress through the game and achieve specific goals. A complete list of all 55 songs that are immediately playable in Rocksmith 2014 is available here. For the move to PS4 and Xbox One, no songs have been added to or deleted from the core game.

Can I import my existing DLC from Xbox 360/PS3?
Yes. You will be able to import any DLC you have purchased within the same console family for no additional charge. That is, any DLC you have purchased on Xbox 360 will be downloadable on Xbox One, and any PlayStation 3 DLC will be downloadable on PlayStation 4. If you own a lot of DLC, this may be time consuming, but you only have to do it once.

I bought the Import Tool to bring most of the songs from the original Rocksmith disc into my Rocksmith 2014 library. Will I still be able to access to those tracks?
Yes. You’ll be able to re-download them as if they were any other DLC in your collection.

I bought RS1 on the previous generation. Do I have to buy a copy of RS2014 for the previous generation as well to use the Import Tool, or can I just skip that version?
You can skip it. Your PSNID or Gamertag will show that you've played the original RS1 on the previous generation, and that's your validation for the server -- you'll then be able to buy the Import Tool as a transaction on PS4 or Xbox One, even if this version of RS2014 will be your first.

If I bought DLC on 360 but I now own a PS4, can I import my DLC across platforms? Can I transfer my Steam DLC library to my console?
No, sorry. You can only import DLC from within the same console “family.” Cross-platform DLC transfer is not possible, as different publishers run each of those digital stores. It's a little like buying a Coca-Cola at McDonald's, then asking Burger King to refill your cup.

If I buy DLC on a new console (PS4 or Xbox One), can I also download it for my previous system (PS3 or Xbox 360)?
No, sorry – but the opposite is true. If you buy DLC on an Xbox 360, you can bring it forward to Xbox One; if you buy DLC on a PS3, you can also download it on PS4. So if you want to own the DLC on both platforms within a console family, you’ll want to buy it on the earlier console, then download it on the newer one.
So, for maximum clarity:

Buy on PS3, own it on PS3 and PS4
Buy on PS4, own it on PS4
Buy on Xbox 360, own it on Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Buy on Xbox One, own it on Xbox One

Will DLC from the original Rocksmith be available for sale on the new consoles?
Yes. All of the DLC released for the original Rocksmith is compatible with Rocksmith 2014 and will be made available for purchase on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. If you’ve already bought it on your previous console, you can download it on your new console at no additional charge.

Will all the existing DLC be available for download on the new systems on day one?
Unfortunately no. We expect the legacy DLC will become available over the first month or so after release, in batches. The timing really depends how quickly on the individual platform holders can add it to their digital storefronts. We've given them a lot of content to publish, so we understand that it will take some time. We have recommended that the most recent DLC be posted first, then move chronologically backwards. So if you are waiting for RS1 content, that will likely appear last.

Why didn't you just make the new version with all the DLC included on the disc, like other games do when they put out an updated edition?
Because we're not like other games! Whereas other games might include extra maps or add-on story segments, there more than 400 compatible songs available for download for Rocksmith, each retailing for $2.99 (and of coures, part of that goes to the artists). To bundle that all on a disc, you're looking at a price in excess of $1000. It makes sense for other games, but it's just not feasible in our situation.

Can I transfer my save game/progress to the new machine?
No, sorry. You'll need to start that over, but hey -- your skills will totally transfer.

Do I need to buy the official Rocksmith Real Tone Cable?
Yes, as you cannot use Rocksmith 2014 Edition without the Real Tone Cable. The physical/retail edition of the game comes with one, and if you would like additional cables (for instance, for multiplayer mode), you can buy additional cables from participating retailers or directly from Ubisoft.

I already own a Real Tone Cable from another edition of the game. Can I use that?
Yes – the cable is universal and will work on any of the six supported platforms – PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC, and Macintosh. If you already own a Real Tone Cable, you might want to get the digital download edition, which will be priced at $59.99 USD.

Where can I buy a second cable for multiplayer?
Ubisoft sells them online via the Uplay Shop, and Amazon also carries the cable as its own item. Your local store might carry it too, or be able to order it for you; give them a call.

Can I preorder the digital edition?
No, but it will be available for download on release day in your territory.

What’s new in the Xbox One and PS4 editions of the game?
Both new versions output graphics at 1080p, so the visuals will look nicer if you have a 1080p television set. Additionally, Xbox One users with Kinect can navigate the game using voice commands, so you never have to put down the guitar. On the other side of the fence, the PlayStation 4 version supports Remote Play via the PlayStation Vita, so you can practice the songs in another room even though you aren’t being tracked or scored. Here is a Vine of Remote Play in action.

Is there some sort of upgrade pricing discount? Like, can I get the Xbox One version for less since I already bought the Xbox 360 edition?
No, sorry -- we did look into this, but it just wasn't something we could pull off. But your DLC library will transfer over for no additional cost, so any investment in songs over the last year is safe.

So why would I upgrade? There's no upgrade discount, it's basically the same game, and I don't care about those new elements.
It's totally your call, based on your personal needs and console setup at home. When we released Rocksmith 2014 last year, many people were investing in their new consoles instead of buying software for their previous platform, so they skipped it. This year, we're extending RS2014 to those new platforms so those folks can get a chance to learn to play guitar too.
As to whether or not it makes sense for you to get it if you already own RS2014 on another platform, it's like buying your favorite movie on DVD, then seeing it come out for Blu-Ray. If you're trying to get all your favorite films on the latest format, then it might be something you want. If your DVD is serving you well, then you would probably just watch that when you're in the mood. Similarly, if you are enjoying RS2014 on your current platform, we'll keep supporting it with fresh DLC. Whichever version fits your lifestyle is fine with us -- we're glad you're playing!

If I already earned Achievements and Trophies on the previous console versions, will I be able to earn those again on the new systems?
Yes. The games are seen as different entites, with their own lists of Achievements and Trophies.

Can I use the console’s streaming functionality to broadcast my Rocksmith 2014 gameplay?
In some modes, yes. You can broadcast your free-form jams in Session Mode out to the internets as often as you like, show off your skills by streaming Guitarcade games, and hold sonic clinics online in Tone Designer. If you want to stream Learn a Song, Multiplayer, or Score Attack gameplay, you won't be able to use the internal streaming functionality for that content, due to copyright laws (which include the right of broadcast).

I connected my existing console using analog audio outputs, as recommended (http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/e...tup/index.aspx). But there are no analog audio outputs on Xbox One or PS4. What do I do?

We never recommend using only an HDMI connector to play Rocksmith 2014. Instead, we suggest you send the audio signal to an external receiver, speakers, or headphones using a separate cable, and only use HDMI for the video signal. In order of preference, we’d recommend one of these options:
  • Connect your optical output jack to a receiver. Both the PS4 and the Xbox One feature optical audio outputs, but you’ll need an optical Toslink cable to use them, not to mention a receiver or headphone system with an optical input.
  • If you don’t have an optical connector on your receiver, you can convert the optical signal to an RCA analog signal with an adapter like this one.
  • You can also use an HDMI audio converter like this one (which features a 1/8” output jack and includes an RCA adapter cable) or, if you also have need for an HDMI switcher, this one (which features hardwired RCA jacks) or this one (which has a 1/8" out, and we've tested with headphones).
Then, just turn the TV volume down so you don’t hear both.
The main idea is to avoid sending audio to your TV via the HDMI cable directly. Just about any other way you choose to reroute the audio signal before it gets to your TV will likely yield a better experience when you play Rocksmith 2014.

Which audio settings should I check, and where are they located?
Generally you will want to get your console to output as pure and unaffected an audio signal as possible, so that means disabling surround in most cases. Here's exactly where to go to change these settings (and you can always change them back -- feel free to experiment, you won't break anything):

On Xbox One, go to Settings and choose Display & Sound.

On the far right, under Digital Audio, set the signal of your audio connection method to Stereo Uncompressed. This should toggle Bitstream format to Off, which is what you want. By turning off surround processing, Stereo uncompressed outputs audio with the lowest latency.

Can I run the full system audio through the Xbox One controller with the Stereo Headset Adapter? What about the the headphone jack built into the PS4 DualShock4 controller?
Yes and no, depending on your system, since the two consoles use different technology for their controllers.

The Xbox One controller is wireless (2.4 GHz), but will use a USB micro cable for both data and power when connected. We were able to play with only a slim preceptible delay by plugging a pair of headphones into the Stereo Headset Adapter; connecting a USB micro cable to the controller seemed to shave a few more milliseconds off. If this seems like a good solution for your situation, give it a try -- you should be able to play and be detected/scored accurately, though you will probably perceive a short delay. Optical is still your best bet.

Is the music presented at higher fidelity/a higher bitrate on the new systems?
The music has always had the lightest compression we could get away with -- that's too important to squash, so you'll get the same high quality you're used to on any of the existing platforms. However, you may detect some improvement in PS4/XB1 menu audio, venue reverbs, and Session Mode instruments, as the new systems let us get away with lighter compression in those areas.

What happens to the existing versions of Rocksmith 2014 on Xbox 360, PS3, PC, and Mac?
We will continue to support all the existing platforms, and fresh DLC will continue to flow for all platforms on a weekly basis. Nothing is being taken away or discontinued; we're just extending RS2014 to two new systems.
post #429 of 448 Old 11-03-2014, 02:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I'll probably double dip to buy the Xbox One version at some point but I'm not feeling any urgent need to do it now. The 360 version works well and my 360 isn't going anywhere (I'm still playing RB3 sometimes and I have a huge stack of unplayed DD titles that I bought on sale). If the DD goes hits a significant sale price in the future I'll definitely grab it then.

It's kind of cool of them to point out that any new DLC that you buy for the 360 will port to the One for free. You could have multiple people in your home using RS 2014, some on a 360 and some on an Xbox One and you could keep their song libraries in sync. Of course, they'd all have to be playing on a single Live account. EDIT: Actually, I think that anyone on the 360 could play the game with all of the DLC bought on the original account no matter what account that they're logged into; people on the One would have to play on the account of the person who bought the DLC. Content licenses on the 360 are bonded to both the machine on which it's purchased and the account which purchased it.

Last edited by michaeltscott; 11-03-2014 at 02:29 PM.
post #430 of 448 Old 11-03-2014, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Why would you have to be logged into the purchaser's account on the One? Wouldn't designating that Xbox One as the home Xbox be sufficient?
post #431 of 448 Old 11-03-2014, 06:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
Why would you have to be logged into the purchaser's account on the One? Wouldn't designating that Xbox One as the home Xbox be sufficient?
Your right to use content on the 360 is tied to the console it was purchased on and the account which purchased it. Anyone logged into any account on the machine on which the content was purchased can use it and the content can be used on any machine logged into the purchaser's account. I should think that this would be subject to the same rules; you're just using content that you bought on an Xbox 360 on another console albeit not another 360. I'm sure that you'll have to be logged into the Live account that purchased the 360 versions of the DLC to bring it to your Xbox One and I doubt that doing that gets you a new license; the machine license would remain with the 360.

Of course, I could be wrong. You could ask on the Ubi forums. EDIT: I'm scanning the long Rocksmith 2014 -- PlayStation 4 & Xbox One FAQ | Forums (sic) thread to see if there's anything to confirm or disprove my theory.

Last edited by michaeltscott; 11-03-2014 at 07:07 PM.
post #432 of 448 Old 11-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Advanced Member

So just connecting my Xbox One via HDMI to my receiver is not sufficient enough? I need to also run an optical cable from XB1 to my Denon Receiver?

Sony KDL65W850A 65" LED HDTV  || Denon AVR-2113CI || Polk Monitor 65T (Fronts) || Polk Monitor 50's (Rears) || Polk CS2 (Center) || Acoustech PL-200

Xbox Live : BoDEAN96 -- Feel free to add me (msg me you are from AVSForums) and we can game.
post #433 of 448 Old 11-03-2014, 08:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
EDIT: I'm scanning the long Rocksmith 2014 -- PlayStation 4 & Xbox One FAQ | Forums (sic) thread to see if there's anything to confirm or disprove my theory.

Didn't find anything definitive, so I posted the following to that thread (link):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyts View Post
Okay--I've sifted through this thread and haven't found the definitive answer to my question. You have to use the Xbox Live account with which you bought the content on the 360 in order to download the content to your Xbox One. Afterwards, what are the restrictions on the use of that content? Do you have to be logged into that account on the Xbox One to play those songs? (Content on the 360 is bound to both the machine on which it was purchased and the account which purchased it, such that you can use the content that machine while logged into any Live account and on any other machine while logged into the account which was used to buy it). I believe that things work a little differently on Xbox One with some weirdness about designated home machine, etc.

Last edited by michaeltscott; 11-03-2014 at 10:00 PM.
post #434 of 448 Old 11-03-2014, 08:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
So just connecting my Xbox One via HDMI to my receiver is not sufficient enough? I need to also run an optical cable from XB1 to my Denon Receiver?

It depends. I've never sensed any delay and I run HDMI from my 360 into an Onkyo AVR and from there into my television. Someone on the RS forum on Ubi's site also stated that he couldn't hear any delay (also using HDMI into an Onkyo AVR) to which one of the RS development team replied that he had one system with direct HDMI connection on which he couldn't sense any delay either and another system on which he could (see this).

Rock Band plastic Strat controllers (RB2 and RB3) have embedded optical and audio sensors for auto-calibrating lag. You hold the front of the guitar controller up to a speaker while it repeatedly sounds a tone for audio lag determination and up to the television while it repeatedly flashes the screen for video lag determination. That reads 20 ms audio lag on my system--that's going through an HDMI switch into an input on the AVR. Direct connection to an HDMI port on the television does not change the video lag; I don't know if the AVR adds audio lag. I definitely could not hear 20 ms delay if that's what I'm getting for RS.
tampabuc likes this.

post #435 of 448 Old 11-03-2014, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

I've had horrible experience on the 360 with latency with HDMI being the worst. Component a little better. And composite being the best.

Hopefully, the problem is better addressed with the One.
post #436 of 448 Old 11-04-2014, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member

I have a Denon 2013 model receiver. wonder if there will be hdmi lag

post #437 of 448 Old 11-04-2014, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 270
I've tried various setups with and without a receiver in the chain. HDMI always produced audio lag.

Just to be clear, this isn't lag between the music playing and what's on screen, this is lag between when you strike a note and when that sound comes out of your stereo. I find that the normal video lag you get with a game like guitar doesn't bother me with rocksmith because I'm keying off the music rather than a visual indicator.

The absolute best way to play as far as latency for me was to use my own amp. Just run a splitter from the guitar then a cable to your amp and the real tone cable to your xbox. The only problem with that is that you lose the effects they add, but it is cool to play around with your own and sounds much better.

The only other usable configuration I found was hdmi video with analog (red and white cables) audio. PC has defintiely been the best experience for me though.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #438 of 448 Old 11-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member

I'm not sure how they want us to run this optical cable.

Currently my HDMI from my TV is plugged into my HDMI In (ARC) on the receiver. I also have my Dish Hopper, Amazon TV plugged into the receiver. The Dish hopper runs HDMI to Xbox One. Then another HDMI goes from XBOX one to my receiver. Where does the optical cable come into play that I just bought?

post #439 of 448 Old 11-04-2014, 01:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post
I've tried various setups with and without a receiver in the chain. HDMI always produced audio lag.

It does not add any perceptible lag in my system. I can sit and noodle around with the guitar outside of any game activity, just using the game as an amp (which I do sometimes) and it feels pretty much like playing with it plugged into my little amp. As I linked to, one of the Ubisoft RS team posted in their forums that he had one system at home which had no discernible lag through HDMI and another which did.

post #440 of 448 Old 11-04-2014, 01:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Well, here's an offer that sweetens the deal; big Jimi Hendrix pack downloads free to the new gen console versions of the game for a limited time:

Spoiler!

Sad that you can't transfer songs in the other direction if you were planning to continue using your old 360 version but that's life in the big city.

post #441 of 448 Old 11-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I'm not sure how they want us to run this optical cable.

Currently my HDMI from my TV is plugged into my HDMI In (ARC) on the receiver. I also have my Dish Hopper, Amazon TV plugged into the receiver. The Dish hopper runs HDMI to Xbox One. Then another HDMI goes from XBOX one to my receiver. Where does the optical cable come into play that I just bought?
Should I just add the optical cable from xbox one to my receiver, leave all other hdmi as described above, and change autio to PCM on the xbox one then?

post #442 of 448 Old 11-04-2014, 05:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Should I just add the optical cable from xbox one to my receiver, leave all other hdmi as described above, and change autio to PCM on the xbox one then?

See the instructions on this page.

post #443 of 448 Old 11-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
See the instructions on this page.
Ya I saw that page.

The diagram on Rocksmith's webpage shows plugging the TV into my xbox one. Well if I do that, then when I use my Fire TV, which is plugged into my receiver, that isn't going to work.

Should I just plug in the optical cable from xbox one, to my receiver, while also having it plugged in via HDMI, then just set xbox one to PCI and be done with it?

post #444 of 448 Old 11-04-2014, 06:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Ya I saw that page.

The diagram on Rocksmith's webpage shows plugging the TV into my xbox one. Well if I do that, then when I use my Fire TV, which is plugged into my receiver, that isn't going to work.

Should I just plug in the optical cable from xbox one, to my receiver, while also having it plugged in via HDMI, then just set xbox one to PCI and be done with it?

Honestly I don't know what to tell you. As stated, I use HDMI from the console into my AVR and don't get any detectable delay using my Xbox 360 so I've never tried playing around with optical cables and such.

Can you connect both HDMI and optical to your AVR and view the HDMI while listening to sound from optical?

Have you tried using the game with just HDMI? If you do, do you experience audio lag?

post #445 of 448 Old 11-05-2014, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Ya I saw that page.

With the 360, and my Onkyo receiver, I had to plug the hdmi cable for the 360 directly into the tv, then run the analog or optical to my receiver. Couldn't watch one source and listen to another which is basically what you are trying to do if both go into the receiver. You may have different results with yours though.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #446 of 448 Old 11-05-2014, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Split the Guitar out to a guitar AMP and your HDMI system........pluck a string.......the delay is obvious in every system I have tried it on.

I had normal video game lag back on Rockband 2 and 3 but it was not the same type. The rocksmith audio-lag is far more distracting....especially if you go by actual "sound" rather than matching visual cues on the screen like we did with Rockband, etc.
post #447 of 448 Old 11-05-2014, 02:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post
Split the Guitar out to a guitar AMP and your HDMI system........pluck a string.......the delay is obvious in every system I have tried it on.

I had normal video game lag back on Rockband 2 and 3 but it was not the same type. The rocksmith audio-lag is far more distracting....especially if you go by actual "sound" rather than matching visual cues on the screen like we did with Rockband, etc.

Simular delay, somewhat different reasons for measuring it. RB needs to synchronize the video and audio and know what you're seeing at the smash bar when you strum or tap. The delay that they measure is the time between the game sending the sound out and the sensor on the guitar controller detecting the sound. For me this is 20 ms. With RS there's a potential additional delay added by the cable's processing of the sound into digital form to send to the console over USB and the processing of that sound within RS to try to match the tone of the guitar in the song that you're playing.

Your experience with whatever systems you tried it on not withstanding, some of us do not experience any detectable delay (there must be some amount) when using HDMI into an AVR. In that thread on Ubi's site that I linked to someone stated that he wasn't much affected by delay using HDMI into a receiver (here) and Ubi's RS community relations guy responded (here) that he had one system at home for which he couldn't hear any significant delay using HDMI into an AVR and one for which he could:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanAmrich View Post
If you are not affected by the lag, good! You may not need to make any adjustments at all. Some folks do not experience HDMI delay. In my home I have two Xbox One units -- mine and my wife's. Both currently send HDMI through a receiver, then out to the TV for video. On her setup, I did not detect any latency via HDMI -- I didn't have to change a thing. On my setup, with a different brand receiver, optical wound up being the better option (I went through an Astro MixAmp for the best result).

post #448 of 448 Old 11-07-2014, 04:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I've posted to the Ubi RS forum RS2014-for-Xbox-One-and-PS4 thread three times asking whether you need to be logged into the XBL account with which you purchased Xbox 360 DLC in order to use transferred DLC with the game on Xbox One without getting any response. I still suspect that you do have to be logged into that account. If anyone here who has the game on Xbox 360 buys it for Xbox One, please experiment to see if that's the case.

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page