Liked: 497
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 611 Old 10-11-2011, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone else had trouble with the DLC codes that came with the LCE?I typed in the codes and they all showed what they were but the only one that actually downloaded was the bonus track pack.
post #273 of 611 Old 10-11-2011, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey99699 View Post

Anyone else had trouble with the DLC codes that came with the LCE?I typed in the codes and they all showed what they were but the only one that actually downloaded was the bonus track pack.

No trouble for me but when I put all 3 in only the bonus track pack was downloading and not showing the pending 2 downloads. I was doing this as I was installing the 2nd disc but all 3 downloaded just fine.

The 5.0 is here
post #274 of 611 Old 10-11-2011, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sain View Post

Also found this info list of the cars you can choose as your free car after completeing each level. In Forza 3 you were just given a car. In Forza 4 you are now given a choice. One thing is the price of the car is not shown at the time of your choice so it would be in your favor to know what a car is worth.
At one level you are given the choice of a 1966 GT40 MKII or a 1967 Ferrari 330 P4. The price difference is several million but doesn't show at the time you have to choose. It also helps to know so you don't buy a car if you will eventually win one for free.

SPOILER- Here's a link to a complete list, level by level of the cars you will get to choose from and their value. DO NOT click if you want to be surprised as you level up. http://www.gamespot.com/features/6338910/index.html

One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to convert my paint designs to vinyl groups so I can import them to Forza 4.

Right now I'm out the door to pick up my LCE from Best Buy

So I have been using that Gamespot guide for the car rewards, and Level 8 for me is different. I have three options (Ford Shelby GT, and the two on the list from the link). I am wondering if the list changes depending on what you have been playing with? Last race I did was with the 1970 Ford Mustang Boss.

EDIT: The Shelby GT was an option on Level 8 since I had purchased the Season Pass and I downloaded the Muscle Pack for free. That was one of the cars in that pack. Value of that car is $110K. Looks like the game will take in account what car packs you have for your level upgrades.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #275 of 611 Old 10-11-2011, 11:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looks like there is a glitch for you Fanatec Wheel people. Lots of players reporting that they're earning no credits when using the Fanatec wheel, no clue what would cause that.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #276 of 611 Old 10-12-2011, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Thank you VERY much for the link showing the optimal car to choose!

Enjoyed playing last night. I cranked the sub and sound is just awesome, best in a racer to date IMHO.

Frank J. Cone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #277 of 611 Old 10-12-2011, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I was earning credits fine with my Microsoft wheel, so it's not linked to wheels. Still trying to get rid of my other MS wheel.

Your mom is a classy lady!

/ 

post #278 of 611 Old 10-12-2011, 06:24 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

Looks like there is a glitch for you Fanatec Wheel people. Lots of players reporting that they're earning no credits when using the Fanatec wheel, no clue what would cause that.

WTF?

How would that even be possible?

Greg

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #279 of 611 Old 10-12-2011, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Man, I really want that Fanatec wheel but I can't afford to make purchases like that anymore and really, the Microsoft wheel works really great.

/ 

post #280 of 611 Old 10-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

I have a fanatec csr wheel and a couple races last night I didn't earn any credits. This was all on world tour. Are there any races that dont hand out credits?

post #281 of 611 Old 10-12-2011, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
IGN's review of Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel

post #282 of 611 Old 10-12-2011, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

WTF?

How would that even be possible?

Greg

Absolutely no clue but I've heard it from several different sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post

I have a fanatec csr wheel and a couple races last night I didn't earn any credits. This was all on world tour. Are there any races that dont hand out credits?

There may be but you definitely earn credits on World Tour.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT -
post #283 of 611 Old 10-12-2011, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

post #284 of 611 Old 10-12-2011, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
guys theres no way to upgrade My cars rims?

::
post #285 of 611 Old 10-13-2011, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post

guys theres no way to upgrade My cars rims?

Should be in the upgrade shop.
post #286 of 611 Old 10-13-2011, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Are there any write-ups of the Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel versus the new CSR wheel? I like the look of the GT2 wheel a lot better and they're both the same price, but I am not really that knowledgeable.

/ 

post #287 of 611 Old 10-13-2011, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Trying to play but I keep failing to download an update. Wondering if anyone else is having the same issue. Forza forums are down so I can't check to see if it's a global problem.

Xbox Live GT -
post #288 of 611 Old 10-13-2011, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

Are there any write-ups of the Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel versus the new CSR wheel? I like the look of the GT2 wheel a lot better and they're both the same price, but I am not really that knowledgeable.

The Porsche wheel was awesome when I had it other than the bottom quality. (cheap plastic). The leather wrapped wheel was just amazing. From what I have read the button quality has gone way up but it lacks the great leather wrap.

Frank J. Cone

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #289 of 611 Old 10-13-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:

I don't beleave there is much difference between the CRS and the GT2 besides the steering wheel itself. The GT2 is a very comfortable wheel for long races, and is also very smooth and precise. You should also get the Club Sport pedals, they are much better quality then the standard pedals.

For more info try 911wheel.de
post #290 of 611 Old 10-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

So I put my attempts to fix the force feedback on my MS Wheel on temporary hold last night to make sure the wheel still works on battery power and the Forza 4 demo.

I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't half bad and pretty decent after some practice. In fact, since I don't have a proper cockpit and was just using it on my lap, I'd say it might be preferred over active force feedback since you don't have to fight to keep the damn wheel on your lap. I forgot that it still has a little rumble vibration which helps when finding rumble strips and feeling the back end start to push out. The game sound also helps with feedback as well, it's very well done. I wish I could turn down the crappy music in the demo.

However, I'm still just too damn good with the controller. After a couple of hours with the wheel, I switched to controller and instantly was a few seconds faster. Mainly the throttle control and fine steering adjustments mean I'm just more consistent.

I've got some more electronics repairs to try on the wheel, if I can get FF working again maybe I'll try modding the pedals to not suck so much. I think the brake pedal is the worst.

XBL: dibs ODDJOB
Wiii: Fibonacci-sequence-like numbers
post #291 of 611 Old 10-13-2011, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

You can turn the music OFF in the demo by starting a song from your music collection and then pausing it. I thought it was funny how everyone is bitching about how awful the music is (myself included) but the Forza producers are making a big stink about bring back the composer from Forza 3 in interviews and even directing people to buy the soundtrack on iTunes. Yeah, no thanks. I'm playing my Snoop Dogg and Jonathan Coulton over your crap.

/ 

post #292 of 611 Old 10-13-2011, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

On those DLC codes for the LCE, I think there was just one pack to download but it had 2 other names with other codes. All I remember is I downloaded the one car bonus from the retailer and it was 370mb, wtf? I think they're all tied together cuz now I have the american muscle car pack, along with the bmw design challenge pack and one other pack.

So far I'm loving the Kinect integration, using voice to skip around the menus is effing awesome. Haven't tried head tracking or driving with it yet. I also picked up that new M$ wireless wheel but I haven't opened it and am heavily considering returning it. Anybody else using this thing? I know IGN isn't loving it but would love to hear if it's worth keeping.

Hat Trick: XBOX 360, PS3, Wii

XBL GT: Osiriis
PSN GT: Poseidon44
post #293 of 611 Old 10-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You can turn the music OFF in the demo by starting a song from your music collection and then pausing it. I thought it was funny how everyone is bitching about how awful the music is (myself included) but the Forza producers are making a big stink about bring back the composer from Forza 3 in interviews and even directing people to buy the soundtrack on iTunes. Yeah, no thanks. I'm playing my Snoop Dogg and Jonathan Coulton over your crap.

Ya, agreed. It's bad, but I don't even think it's the worst part. I really just want to hear the fantastic engine sounds, tire squeal, competitors coming up behind me, etc. They mixed the music too high, at least in the demo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quikzilver View Post

So far I'm loving the Kinect integration, using voice to skip around the menus is effing awesome. Haven't tried head tracking or driving with it yet. I also picked up that new M$ wireless wheel but I haven't opened it and am heavily considering returning it. Anybody else using this thing? I know IGN isn't loving it but would love to hear if it's worth keeping.

Do head tracking now and report back! As far as the wheel, it looks like a slightly upgaded Wii wheel with analog triggers. So gas and brake are better, but probably not better than a regular controller. And I tried racing with the Wii wheel in non-Mario Kart games and it gets tiresome after 2 laps. Can't imagine driving Forza for long periods with the new MS wheel. But I have no experience with that wheel.

post #294 of 611 Old 10-13-2011, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Anyone else remember the Epyx 500 joystick? Man that thing was awesome

Anyways that new microsoft "wheel" is for the Wii crowd.....they say its actually pretty responsive with almost no lag but without FF its like...also, the device has NO shoulder buttons...so that means for most games you're going to lose out on some kind of control....either shifting views...shooting guns....uh....etc.....and I also doubt they've mapped the stick-press buttons too....

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #295 of 611 Old 10-13-2011, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oo7evan View Post

Do head tracking now and report back!

here's one guy's report on the headtracking (typos and all):

"After the first race, I decided that I had to try the head tracking... Let me just first say that IF it is setup properly then it is just absolutely awesome! But I think the 'IF' is a BIG 'IF'. First, you will have to turn the Head Tracking ON. Then you'll need to do a little fine tuning... nothing major... for me it was moving closer... I didn't mind due to the fact that I usually move closer when I play Forza anyway... the Head Tracking just had me move even closer. The options allow you to adjust your Head Lean, Head Turn, the effect of Both at the same time and remove some of the background to isolate your head. I started with the defaults and tried at my normal play distance. I then started a race an the first thing it told me was that I needed to center my head during the entire race. Also the tracking was not working. So back to the tuning screen. I noticed that it wanted me closer to the screen... So I moved closer. New race and this time the Head Tracking was more ON then it was OFF. You get a big message telling you to center your head when it loses the tracking. So back to the tuning menu... closer still and a little background tweaking, New race and this time the tuning was good. Now here is the deal... I have a 46" flat screen and I was about 6 feet away. After tuning the Head Tracking the slight movement I made to look at the edge of the screen was enough to move the camera view. The key to the whole system came when I tried a race at Infinion with a R3 class racer and no driving aids... Seat of my pants the entire race... I was so involved with the driving that I totally forgot about the Head Tracking... that was unitl I was chasing down a car through the S's and realized that the camera was moving so I could see into the corners better... just ever so slight and it was being done with my natural head motion... I would say that I felt totaly immersed in to driving that car on that track car. So now I sit hear pondering this... will this truely give me an advantage over someone without a Kinect... Time will tell

So my TV is 46inch and my kinect is mounted on top about 6 feet from the floor. So sitting on a couch moved to about 6 feet infront of the TV, the Kinect sat about 6 feet away and about 2 feet above my head... this was not majorly uncomfortable but closer then I'd normally sit. I found that the setting for my Head Rotation had to be set to max and I had to be close enough that the tracking was constant to get my best results. And man they where good. I could turned my head to see the exit of a corner and it was enought to move the view to match. I wasn't moving my head much. At that point there where times I was racing and I wasn't forcing my head to do anything ... and the camera was moving as I naturaly moved my head to look into coners.

When I race by myself, Head Tracking will be ON. There where to many time in just the one night of racing that I saw it as a plus. I might change my mind on it but right now it will stay on."
post #296 of 611 Old 10-13-2011, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post

Anyone else remember the Epyx 500 joystick? Man that thing was awesome

Anyways that new microsoft "wheel" is for the Wii crowd.....they say its actually pretty responsive with almost no lag but without FF its like...also, the device has NO shoulder buttons...so that means for most games you're going to lose out on some kind of control....either shifting views...shooting guns....uh....etc.....and I also doubt they've mapped the stick-press buttons too....

the new wireless speed wheel does have vibration

and yes, I had a ton of Epyx 500XJ joysticks. they were great except diagonals were hard to do on some of them.

this was actually my favorite joystick (short quick throws, small, light, etc.):

similar feeling to the Epyx joystick (the clicky feel) but better IMO:
the mindscape powerplayer
post #297 of 611 Old 10-13-2011, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

I will try the Kinect head tracking this weekend probably. My Kinect Xbox is not my primary Xbox, so I will have to take the whole racing rig upstairs.

/ 

post #298 of 611 Old 10-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

So my TV is 46inch and my kinect is mounted on top about 6 feet from the floor. So sitting on a couch moved to about 6 feet infront of the TV, the Kinect sat about 6 feet away and about 2 feet above my head... this was not majorly uncomfortable but closer then I'd normally sit."

I have a 55" DLP and like to sit about that far away when racing, with the hood view or front bumper view, so that might work for me. It feels the most immersive and the best view of the track. The downside is that I planned to put the Kinect below my TV, instead of above it, which I think would be fugly.

Off to the Kinect thread to see people's mount setups.

post #299 of 611 Old 10-14-2011, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

So is there an AVS car club, or will there be one?

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
post #300 of 611 Old 10-14-2011, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 41
For someone who hasn't been into racing games in a while, other than various demos, would you get Forza 3 or Forza 4?

How fun is this game using the controller? How many of you use a controller and how many a wheel?
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page