Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 611 Old 10-25-2011, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post

I am almost to the level 50 and I find more and more that I enjoy racing Class C cars or lower far more than faster cars.

When I drive these slower cars, I feel like I am actually driving. Not sure if it has to do with the fact that I can actually react to what I see instead of having to memorize everything for faster cars or the fact that I get more realistic results when I am driving realistic cars or not.

I feel like with R2 or faster cars, I am just playing a video game since everything is so hyper-fast. It doesn't feel like driving. It feels like I just memorize all the break points around the track and I just have to react to them. Kinda like playing other video games.

And I find that I just don't enjoy driving those fast cars much.

Does anyone else feel that way?

I'm the same way, I love racing the lower class cars. I find that it lets you focus more on driving (like you said) and it's much easier to have good, close and clean racing when things aren't happening so quickly.

The power/weight/grip ratio in the higher class production cars and race cars just make things difficult enough to where you're mainly focused on just hitting your marks and racing the track so to speak. Obviously that's not to say you can't have great racing in those types of cars, for me it's just easier and more relaxing to do it in the lower class cars

Xbox Live: B24S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 611 Old 10-25-2011, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPresseau View Post

That Fanatec CSR wheel is nice. I'm saving my change and will go for it once they release the matching pedals (I don't see the Porsche pedals for sale anymore on their site). If you already have a MS or Logitech G25/G27 wheel, they have an adaptor that will let you use your old pedals.

Speaking of wheels, I've got a setting that I'm more comfortable with now.

Found multiple Forza 3 suggestions online. I'm using the following, and it works better for me than the default:

Steering Axis Dead Zone Inside 2%
Steering Axis Dead Zone Outside 75%
Deceleration Dead Zone Inside 10%
Deceleration Dead Zone Outside 98%
Acceleration Dead Zone Inside 10%
Acceleration Dead Zone Outside 98%
Force Feedback Scale 100%
Vibration Scale 100%

I saw these settings for the Fanatec Porsche 911 wheel at http://www.911wheel.de/:

FM4 recommended settings

Submitted by Thomas on Tue, 10/11/2011 - 06:21.
the big day has finally come and here are my recommended settings for our Xbox wheels:

SEN: 900 (On some race cars down to 700)
FF: 100
Sho: 100
ABS: 70
Dri:3
Lin: 0
Dea: 0
Spr: 0
Dpr: 0

The game still has the issue that it only recognizes a 900° wheel properly if you turn on the game with the power button on the console.

The game does fully support 900° although the movement on the wheel in cockpit view is limited. (But hey, yesterday i was driving the X2010 in GT5 and the steering wheel was standing still (!) and only the hands (!!) were moving.)

Hint: Always pick a car which is at least 100 to 150 points less than the competition if you like to fight in single player mode.

Turn on console with button on console. Wait for dashboard to appear. Turn on wheel and let it auto calibrate. Press xbox guide button on wheel and let it connect to the console. It's also worth turning off the wheel and turning it back on and reconnecting it to the xbox every time you change the wheels rotation in the wheel settings.
post #363 of 611 Old 10-25-2011, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

Looks like there is a glitch for you Fanatec Wheel people. Lots of players reporting that they're earning no credits when using the Fanatec wheel, no clue what would cause that.

here's what I read at Porsche 911 Wheel club:
http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/6992

Thanks to the great feedback. Because of your feedback we have been able to reproduce it. It always happens if you do an extreme clean lap without any countersteering. The most easy way to reproduce it is on an oval.

Special thanks to our members FakeThinkpad and kartman21 who detected the solution.

What happens? The Fanatec wheels allow minimal movements of the steering wheel and extreme precise manouvers so that the game apparantly thinks that the user must be cheating as this cannot be achieved by a human.

The better you drive the more often it happens. It is independent from the steering angle but a clean lap is more likely if you use higher sensitivity like 900°. In theory it can happen with a controller or other wheel as well but so far I was not able to proof that because it is hard for me to drive clean without our wheels.

Solution:

1. Make sure that you make at least one drift with countersteering per race

2. Reduce your steering angle to 270° to emulate the MS wheel which makes it harder to drive clean but avoids the issue more likely.

Of course, T10 is working on a patch to solve this issue but it takes time until those things go through all internal testing so please be a little bit patient.
post #364 of 611 Old 10-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo7evan View Post

Unrelated, I haven't done a single thing with Autovista. Why? Because Turn 10 foolishly made it impossible to do anything with the wheel, which tons of people use, since you know, it's a racing game.

Same here. I'm definitely going to make time for it. The cars look so good in the standard idle screen I have to see the AutoVista renders. But Forza 4 does support the wheel better than 3. Having the brake mapped to LT lets me jump to messages as easily as a controller. In 3 getting to messages for gifted cars was a pain. Still can't take photos worth anything. And, likewise, freelook on any of your cars is right out.

My daily driver and autoX car is a Mazdaspeed3. In FM3 I was disappointed with the way it was simulated. The power curve was all wrong and the personality of the turbo was missing. In 4, I'm simply stunned with how accurate it sometimes is. I don't know if it was the Pirelli magic or something else but when I can use torque-steer in a digital world to similar advantage as I can on the track, I'm amazed.

MS wheel, Fanatec wheel stand and simulation steering is a winning combination. I just can't believe what Turn10 was able to accomplish with such antiquated hardware. I wish I could buy all their engineers a drink.

Gamer Tag: Todd Stevens
post #365 of 611 Old 10-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Is there an AVS car club?

XBOX Live / PSN: Choocheroo
post #366 of 611 Old 10-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Is there an AVS car club?

I was just thinking one should be started for car sharing and clean racing.

XBL: dibs ODDJOB
Wiii: Fibonacci-sequence-like numbers
post #367 of 611 Old 10-27-2011, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorax View Post

Same here. I'm definitely going to make time for it. The cars look so good in the standard idle screen I have to see the AutoVista renders. But Forza 4 does support the wheel better than 3. Having the brake mapped to LT lets me jump to messages as easily as a controller. In 3 getting to messages for gifted cars was a pain. Still can't take photos worth anything. And, likewise, freelook on any of your cars is right out.

My daily driver and autoX car is a Mazdaspeed3. In FM3 I was disappointed with the way it was simulated. The power curve was all wrong and the personality of the turbo was missing. In 4, I'm simply stunned with how accurate it sometimes is. I don't know if it was the Pirelli magic or something else but when I can use torque-steer in a digital world to similar advantage as I can on the track, I'm amazed.

MS wheel, Fanatec wheel stand and simulation steering is a winning combination. I just can't believe what Turn10 was able to accomplish with such antiquated hardware. I wish I could buy all their engineers a drink.

Hey sorax, ive got an 07 speed3 and thought the same thing. They pretty much nailed the unique characteristics of the speed!
post #368 of 611 Old 10-28-2011, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Speed Pack DLC
2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4: The newest Bull in the Lamborghini stable has arrived: fans can take it for a spin in Forza Motorsport 4and experience what it's like to whip past rivals at 200 miles per hour.

2012 Aston Martin Virage: Aston Martin's newest coupe features a barking V12 that balances a perfect ratio of horsepower to torque to propel the Virage down the open road.

2011 #2 Audi Sport Team Joest R15++ TDI: The final version of the Audi R15, the R15 Plus Plus, celebrated the R15s final race at the 2011 Sebring 12 Hours.

2011 Audi RS3 Sportback: The newest member of the Audi RennSport line boasts the same 2.5-liter turbocharged direct-injection five-cylinder found in the TT-RS, propelling it from 0 to 60 in only 4.6 seconds.

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air: A true automotive icon, the 57 Chevy gained notoriety as a hot rod and is now one of the most recognizable American cars of all time.

2012 Dodge Charger SRT8: The 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 is a serious performance machine with a 470-hp 6.4-liter Hemi V-8 that responds to throttle inputs with no hesitation.

2011 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione F458 Italia: Matched only by the legendary heritage of Ferrari, the Risi Competizione team has won two Le Mans championships and achieved 29 podium finishes.

2013 Ford Focus ST: Debuting with the same 250-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost engine that the much larger Ford Explorer SUV uses, the new Ford Focus ST packs a serious punch.

1992 GMC Typhoon: The 280 horses on tap in the GMC Typhoon allow it to do things unthinkable for an SUV before its introduction.

2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R: The Scirocco R serves as the platform for race cars in the Scirocco R-Cup, which brings world-famous drivers to the Hockenheim track each year.

*sigh* I wish they brought the Scirocco over here. It's just gorgeous and from the reviews, is a great car.
post #369 of 611 Old 10-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

[*sigh* I wish they brought the Scirocco over here. It's just gorgeous and from the reviews, is a great car.[/quote]

Blows my mind that it's not available in North America. Don't know about you guys, but around here VWs are an extremely popular car. Parking lot at work is full of them. My wife has a GTI (though drives it like a Beetle). What are they afraid of, making more sales?

post #370 of 611 Old 10-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

Well, I tried to make a club last night, but looks like there's already an "AVSF" club out there.

Either it's unrelated yet coincidentally the same as the initials of this forum, or the club already exists.

Anyone know?

post #371 of 611 Old 10-28-2011, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 139
So I am really enjoying this game so far. Having been very let down by a certain other game, I will just say that this is a much better game for drivers. But, I can not believe that the very thing I complained about in forza 3 here and on their forums......is still a problem in 4. No ability to use the second controller to control auto vista, menus, camera's etc. Wheel users got screwed again. How do these things slip by development is just puzzling.

Btw, those cars a few posts back, it amazes me the talent some people have in painting these cars.
post #372 of 611 Old 10-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Happy Halloween everyone, and in honor of the occassion I've put up a free Halloween themed design for you.

Enjoy!

XBL GT: deathpallie
post #373 of 611 Old 10-30-2011, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 337
I just bought the CSR wheel, gear shift, csr elite pedals and the stand to try out. I really wanted the elite wheel but $500 is kinda steep lol.

I'm sure there are a few with this setup or very similar, what the verdict, good?

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #374 of 611 Old 10-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Advanced Member

I came soooo close to buying the exact same setup. Went as far as entering my Paypal password. Had buyers remorse right before confirming the order, then cancelled it. It's still in my cart on the Fanatec site. I check it out every now and then trying to convince myself that it's worth the coin.

I'd love to hear the answer to your question

post #375 of 611 Old 11-01-2011, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

[*sigh* I wish they brought the Scirocco over here. It's just gorgeous and from the reviews, is a great car.

Blows my mind that it's not available in North America. Don't know about you guys, but around here VWs are an extremely popular car. Parking lot at work is full of them. My wife has a GTI (though drives it like a Beetle). What are they afraid of, making more sales?[/quote]

cause the gti and scirocco are exact same cars with different body panels. Marketing and getting certified for US market for a low volume car would not be worth it.
post #376 of 611 Old 11-02-2011, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Man I've been so busy in FM4 I forgot about this thread here at AVS. I would have been posting things here. THIS is what it's all about FM4 nailed it. It's so obvious this game is well developed and thought out that any Joe Blow can see it. Nothing on a console comes close, nothing.

I actually tried my hand at some liveries which I usually stink at and still do but hey...
they are "loose" interpretations of real life liveries.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #377 of 611 Old 11-02-2011, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

free 2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...2-49fb1414038b

get free car DLC for Forza 4! Even if you don't own it yet but plan on getting it down the line, you should download it so at least it's in your download history so that you can download it anytime. We don't know whether it will remain free.

post #378 of 611 Old 11-02-2011, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

free 2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...2-49fb1414038b

get free car DLC for Forza 4! Even if you don't own it yet but plan on getting it down the line, you should download it so at least it's in your download history so that you can download it anytime. We don't know whether it will remain free.

AFAIK the free one always remains free. It's more of an incentive to get you to download the whole pack which means when you race people online who have other cars in that pack you'll be able to see their car instead of the placeholder "black Jetta/Golf" that shows up when racing with someone who has DLC that you don't.

post #379 of 611 Old 11-02-2011, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post

AFAIK the free one always remains free. It's more of an incentive to get you to download the whole pack which means when you race people online who have other cars in that pack you'll be able to see their car instead of the placeholder "black Jetta/Golf" that shows up when racing with someone who has DLC that you don't.

I should've been more clear when I meant to refer to DLC in general. free DLC does not always remain free.

for example, the Paranormal table in Pinball FX2 was free for a week and then went back to 240 points.

the Kinect Air Band was free for a week and then went back to 240 points.

but if the Scirocco is always free, that's awesome! I love seeing pics of the Scirocco.

post #380 of 611 Old 11-03-2011, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

I should've been more clear when I meant to refer to DLC in general. free DLC does not always remain free.

for example, the Paranormal table in Pinball FX2 was free for a week and then went back to 240 points.

the Kinect Air Band was free for a week and then went back to 240 points.

but if the Scirocco is always free, that's awesome! I love seeing pics of the Scirocco.

That was a free trial which is different. Like all previous Forza games, if they offer free content, it remains free. They have done this with ever DLC car pack released, you get one car for free from the pack, the others you pay for individually or as a whole pack. The free car is yours to keep though, no tricks.
post #381 of 611 Old 11-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 22
If I buy the Forza 4 Limited Collector's Edition, am I still getting all of these cars still or is it too late:

The BMW Art Car Pack:

* 2008 BMW M3 E92
* 2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe
* 1981 BMW M1
* 2012 BMW M5
* 2010 BMW M6 Coupe featuring the winning design from the "Forza Motorsport 4" BMW Design Challenge.

The VIP Car Pack:

* 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
* 2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
* 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
* 2010 Noble M600
* 2011 RUF Rt 12 R

# The limited quantity "Launch Bonus" car pack available for the first fans to pick up their copy of Forza Motorsport 4 or the Forza Motorsport Limited Collector's Edition (while supplies last).
  • 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
  • 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
  • 1997 Lexus SC300
  • 2011 RUF RGT-8
  • 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport
post #382 of 611 Old 11-05-2011, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Logged onto xbox live to find that my account had been hacked, 4000 microsoft points missing and the last game played being FIFA 11......and it'll be a cold day in hell before I play videogame soccer :P

Yes I already changed my password, I'm just wondering if its worth the hassle to get the points reclaimed, which I hear is hit or miss and can take months...

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #383 of 611 Old 11-05-2011, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaraydesign View Post

If I buy the Forza 4 Limited Collector's Edition, am I still getting all of these cars still or is it too late:

The BMW Art Car Pack:

* 2008 BMW M3 E92
* 2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe
* 1981 BMW M1
* 2012 BMW M5
* 2010 BMW M6 Coupe featuring the winning design from the "Forza Motorsport 4" BMW Design Challenge.

The VIP Car Pack:

* 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
* 2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
* 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
* 2010 Noble M600
* 2011 RUF Rt 12 R

# The limited quantity "Launch Bonus" car pack available for the first fans to pick up their copy of Forza Motorsport 4 or the Forza Motorsport Limited Collector's Edition (while supplies last).
  • 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
  • 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
  • 1997 Lexus SC300
  • 2011 RUF RGT-8
  • 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

I really don't know. The "Launch Bonus" is an iffy one. You definitely get the VIP pack and the BMW Art pack. No pre-order cars, they weren't all that anyway and it was just one. Well actually 2 if you count the send a copy of your receipt thing which you wont be able to get. That I know they've ended.

post #384 of 611 Old 11-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 22
@totalownership:

What if I get the regular Forza 4 for $$50 and later on, will the BMW Art Car Pack, The VIP Car Pack, and the Launch Bonus car pack be available as a separate DLC?

Are you with me? I am trying to see if I can save money by buying the regular Forza game. The Forza 4 Limited Edition on Amazon is at $130!! That's about half as much as the Xbox 360 console! LOL

Did they do the same thing with Forza 3?
post #385 of 611 Old 11-05-2011, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch View Post

Logged onto xbox live to find that my account had been hacked, 4000 microsoft points missing and the last game played being FIFA 11......and it'll be a cold day in hell before I play videogame soccer :P

Yes I already changed my password, I'm just wondering if its worth the hassle to get the points reclaimed, which I hear is hit or miss and can take months...

Just happened to me Sunday. What I just did a few minutes ago was made a new account using the free 1 month trial. I started a claim with ms and they said the investigation takes 25 days. Was just going to make a new permanent account but I'd lose all my season passes, etc and figured it'd be best to just make the dummy account so I can atleast play something in the meantime. Will just have to start mw3 all over again when I get it back and have to wait to activate elite so I wont get founder statute, but its worth not losing everything.

P.s. be glad it was 4000, they got me for 10,000!

gamertag: xxx shiv xxx
PSN: xx_shiv_xx
post #386 of 611 Old 11-06-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oo7evan View Post

I was just thinking one should be started for car sharing and clean racing.

I'd be willing to start one, I see some AVS'ers are already in clubs, would all of you guys be willing to jump over. I'm definitely a noob at this game, but loving it so far. It's gonna be tough to share this with Skyrim. The clubs going up as AVSFIAS, 'AVS Forum It's a Sickness'. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there.

XBL GT: xX HAL9K Xx
post #387 of 611 Old 11-06-2011, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills View Post

I'd be willing to start one, I see some AVS'ers are already in clubs, would all of you guys be willing to jump over. I'm definitely a noob at this game, but loving it so far. It's gonna be tough to share this with Skyrim. The clubs going up as AVSFIAS, 'AVS Forum It's a Sickness'. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there.

I'd be willing to join an AVS club. I'm not in one a club at the moment.

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
post #388 of 611 Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 AM

i would join. Been looking for a good group to hang with.

Anybody using the new Microsoft Speed wheel? I got one and it is not bad, i like it better than the standard controller. saving up to get a nice wheel. I am so dissapointed that the Thrustmaster 458 Italia wheel has no FF.
post #389 of 611 Old 11-07-2011, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs600cubed View Post

Just happened to me Sunday. What I just did a few minutes ago was made a new account using the free 1 month trial. I started a claim with ms and they said the investigation takes 25 days. Was just going to make a new permanent account but I'd lose all my season passes, etc and figured it'd be best to just make the dummy account so I can atleast play something in the meantime. Will just have to start mw3 all over again when I get it back and have to wait to activate elite so I wont get founder statute, but its worth not losing everything.

P.s. be glad it was 4000, they got me for 10,000!

Meh, sorry to hear that dude...they got my friend as well...I have another points card, but I'm not entering it until I'm ready to use it. I also heard the investigation takes a month and basically their attitude is "We're going to make sure YOU aren't trying to screw us". Not sure if its worth the hassle for 40 bucks....

PS: Stupid Install question: Do I just install disc 1 of Forza 4, or is there an in-game option to install....or should I install both discs. That is to the group :P

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #390 of 611 Old 11-07-2011, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 112
There is no need (and perhaps it's not even possible?) to install disc two. Disc two only contains a few different car packs that couldn't fit on disc one. You don't even need it to play the game, but the cars would be missing.
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page