post #451 of 611 Old 12-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milmanias View Post

The green square means you can race that event with the current car; blue square means you have a car in your garage that can race that event; gray square means you can't race that event until you purchase a car that meets the requirements.

The Event List is different from season play; not all races in season play are in the event list, but those that are and you get 1st place you are credited in the Event List.

Can I click on each square and enter a race that way? I see some squares on the graph which got high credit earnings. I suppose if I want to grind for a lot of credits or cash, I can keep on entering the squares with the most cash earnings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 611 Old 12-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

There is an achievement for finishing first in every square in that first screen, which are groups of events. Generally, you'll get an assortment of those events at random when you choose an area. You don't want to always choose the same kind forever because you might have already met the requirements for that square.

See how you have two squares full? The one you have selected will take twelve races to check off.

Thanks the explanation.
post #453 of 611 Old 12-02-2011, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaraydesign View Post

Can I click on each square and enter a race that way? I see some squares on the graph which got high credit earnings. I suppose if I want to grind for a lot of credits or cash, I can keep on entering the squares with the most cash earnings.

Yes, you can, but I personally won't be looking at that too much until I finish the career because a lot of those blocks will be filled in or partially filled in by the time I'm done. Some people also use it to strategize which events to play in career, but that seems like a lot of work.
post #454 of 611 Old 12-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

Yes, you can, but I personally won't be looking at that too much until I finish the career because a lot of those blocks will be filled in or partially filled in by the time I'm done. Some people also use it to strategize which events to play in career, but that seems like a lot of work.

ok, great advice.
post #455 of 611 Old 12-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Questions about cars in this game.

I have been getting a lot of reward cars or prize cars. Can I sell these prize or award cars to make cash?

Also, every time you do an automatic upgrade on a car, can you put the car back in the original stage? Or is it once you do an automatic upgrade on a car, that is it, you can not turn the car to the original stage or form.
post #456 of 611 Old 12-02-2011, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
game update to fix bugs

details (only excerpts; check the link to read full details):
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood5/

The new title update addresses a number of issues for players who use 900-degree wheels like the Fanatec Forza Motorsport 4 CSR Wheel. First up is the so-called Zero credit bug, where users playing Forza 4 with a 900-degree wheel weren't receiving credit or XP after finishing a race. This problem was created because of some anti-cheating measures we had in place. If our system didn't detect more than a six-degree movement on the wheel in a single frame, we would invalidate that session and the result would be that the player would not receive credits or XP. Because of the fidelity of a 900-degree wheel, and the smoothness of so many hardcore sim drivers in Forza 4, it was easy to trigger our detection system by rarely (or, in some cases never) making more than a six-degree turn in a single frame. In essence, we were failing to reward our best drivers simply because they were so smooth behind the wheel.

With the title update, we've changed the detection logic to accurately support smooth driving with 900-degree wheels.

In addition, we've also addressed the issues with countersteering when playing with the 900-degree wheel. Previously while countersteering, the 900-degree wheel was inadvertently being mapped as a 270-degree wheel -- effectively a 3:1 ratio. This had nothing to do with simulation versus normal steering or speed-sensitive steering. This was a mapping bug.

After some intensive play-testing internally, we were able to completely isolate the countersteering bug identified by the community and have implemented a fix that keeps the wheel mapped as a 900-degree wheel under all conditions. The result of this change will be more consistent steering and countersteering, though catching a car when getting loose in corner will require more wheel input and better timing. In essence, it's even more realistic than before and I believe it will add an even greater simulation challenge for our most advanced drivers.

With this title update, we are temporarily removing the ability for certain cars to post times on the leaderboards while we investigate refinements to our Performance Index system that will allow us to once again admit these cars back in the mix. The affected cars:

1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale
1967 Dodge Coronet W023
1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt
1971 AMC Javelin-AMX
1992 Lancia Delta Integrale EV0
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

In addition to this temporary removal of these cars from posting leaderboard times, we will be wiping the leaderboard times of those cars across different leaderboards. In a future title update, we'll be addressing the PI refinements in greater detail and once again allowing these cars to post leaderboard times. Stay tuned for more in the future.

We have instituted a number of server-side tools that will allow us to better regulate and stabilize the economy and, as a result, make the auction house and storefront experience more fun and more rewarding. Along with these tools, we will be instituting an upcoming cap on auction house sales. While this cap is in place, you will receive a maximum cap of credits for an auction sale, even if your auction sells for more than that. This allows us to remove glitched credits out of the system, while still rewarding those who want to sell cars on the auction house. We will be regularly reviewing the auction cap and will raise or lower it as warranted in the future.
post #457 of 611 Old 12-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Questions about cars in this game.

I have been getting a lot of reward cars or prize cars. Can I sell these prize or award cars to make cash?

Also, every time you do an automatic upgrade on a car, can you put the car back in the original stage? Or is it once you do an automatic upgrade on a car, that is it, you can not turn the car to the original stage or form.

ok, I just tried to sell the 1984 Ferrari GTO to see how much I can get for it but it's only worth 100 credits. Wow, that's it for a 1984 Ferrari GTO!!

Is there a way to sell your cars to get the best cash or credits?
post #458 of 611 Old 12-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

ok, I just tried to sell the Ferrari GTO to see how much I can get for it but it's only worth 100 credits. Wow, that's it for a Ferrari GTO!!

Is there a way to sell your cars to get the best cash or credits?

I think the problem is that you're trying to sell a prize car that the game gave you for free.....just like everyone else. It's simple supply and demand, there's a surplus of a certain car so no one will spend the money on it. However, if it's a rare car, or can only be bought for millions of dollars, people will spend more on it. Also, timing is always key for auctions.

XBL: dibs ODDJOB
Wiii: Fibonacci-sequence-like numbers
post #459 of 611 Old 12-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oo7evan View Post

I think the problem is that you're trying to sell a prize car that the game gave you for free.....just like everyone else. It's simple supply and demand, there's a surplus of a certain car so no one will spend the money on it. However, if it's a rare car, or can only be bought for millions of dollars, people will spend more on it. Also, timing is always key for auctions.

Thanks for advice.

I didn't know you can auction your car in this game. I tried to sell my car within the game and have not try the Auction feature yet. I will try to sell my cars in the Auction and see if I can get more cash.
post #460 of 611 Old 12-02-2011, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

for those wanting some gameplay video of the speed wheel in action

post #461 of 611 Old 12-03-2011, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I'm new to Forza but I'm a long time sim racer. I needed a new wheel setup so I got the Fanatec CSR and Clubsport pedal setup. So far I'm liking it and enjoying the heck out of Forza.

Quick question on Forza and quick offline races. If I want to just go to a track and do a quick race for say 10 laps instead of the default 2 is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Jim
post #462 of 611 Old 12-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

I am doing the World Tour race and got a question about prize cars.

I notice you can not go back to certain races in the World Tour events. But is there a way you can go back and redo the event? It looks like you have to complete the World Tour event and then you can go back to the event you want to race again.

I am asking this because I wondering if you can win more prize cars if you redo those races again in the World Tour events.
post #463 of 611 Old 12-03-2011, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

for those wanting some gameplay video of the speed wheel in action

One big problem with that wheel is the game has to have mappable buttons or be programmed with a mode specifically for it if you want to take full advantage of it. If you want to do something like shift manually in Outrun Online Arcade and use this wheel, you can't (The wheel mode maps shifting to the shifters, which this wheel lacks).
post #464 of 611 Old 12-03-2011, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

One big problem with that wheel is the game has to have mappable buttons or be programmed with a mode specifically for it if you want to take full advantage of it. If you want to do something like shift manually in Outrun Online Arcade and use this wheel, you can't.

yeah, I'm interested in the speed wheel because I don't want to drop a ton of money into the Fanatec equipment but want something more immersive than the game controller. plus, it has hardware support for full tilt in all directions so potentially, it could be used for flight sim games.

but I'm holding off until Turn10 fixes some of the bugs in the game with the wheel.

here's what a friend wrote about the speed wheel problem in FM4:
"If you start the game with the wireless speed wheel (WSW), it detect the wheel correctly (you see the image of the WSW in the options) but then you don't have the rumble. So to have the rumble you turn off/on the wheel, but it detect a Fanatec type setup with paddle shift and gas/brake pedals. In the end, if you want rumble (and you want it), you have to choose between manual shift or sideviews for X and B."

seeing that the only game I have currently that could use the wheel for is FM4, that needs to be fixed before I jump in. I may pick up used copies of Dirt 3, etc. but right now the only racers I have are FM4, Burnout Paradise, MotoGP, and Ridge Racer.
post #465 of 611 Old 12-03-2011, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Be advised that, if you do get a wheel, Burnout Paradise and none of the Need for Speeds (except for Shift 1 and 2) support wheels.
post #466 of 611 Old 12-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman View Post

Quick question on Forza and quick offline races. If I want to just go to a track and do a quick race for say 10 laps instead of the default 2 is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Jim

I can't remember exactly how to get to it, but I know you can pick a car and a track, and just run hot laps forever, so there's a way to do it.

Quote:

I am doing the World Tour race and got a question about prize cars.

I notice you can not go back to certain races in the World Tour events. But is there a way you can go back and redo the event? It looks like you have to complete the World Tour event and then you can go back to the event you want to race again.

I am asking this because I wondering if you can win more prize cars if you redo those races again in the World Tour events.

I am fairly certain you cannot simply redo those races and win more cars. you only win cars because you rank up your driving level, it has nothing to do with particular events.

You can redo and race other events through the career mode outside of the world tour.

post #467 of 611 Old 12-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I can't remember exactly how to get to it, but I know you can pick a car and a track, and just run hot laps forever, so there's a way to do it.

I am fairly certain you cannot simply redo those races and win more cars. you only win cars because you rank up your driving level, it has nothing to do with particular events.

You can redo and race other events through the career mode outside of the world tour.

ok, thanks for the information.

Anyone finish the World Tour race? I am at level 53 at the World Tour event but the cash or credits you earn is not as high as I was hoping. I do want to finish the World Tour event to see if the cash or credits will get a lot higher.
post #468 of 611 Old 12-05-2011, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:

ok, thanks for the information.

Anyone finish the World Tour race? I am at level 53 at the World Tour event but the cash or credits you earn is not as high as I was hoping. I do want to finish the World Tour event to see if the cash or credits will get a lot higher.

Your level isn't really tied to the World Tour. What year are you in World Tour?

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #469 of 611 Old 12-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post

Your level isn't really tied to the World Tour. What year are you in World Tour?

I am not sure what you mean by the year in World Tour. I just see my level at 53 next to the credits. Where do I go to see my year in World Tour?

I am new to Forza so this is a new experience for me. So far, I really like playing this game. I even like this game better than GT5 and I have been playing GT5 since it was released.
post #470 of 611 Old 12-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:

I am not sure what you mean by the year in World Tour. I just see my level at 53 next to the credits. Where do I go to see my year in World Tour?

I am new to Forza so this is a new experience for me. So far, I really like playing this game. I even like this game better than GT5 and I have been playing GT5 since it was released.

IMO, World Tour is only about achivements and what-not. I pretty much skipped it after the second season and now race mostly in the Event List, where you can drive what you want, where you want.

XBL GT: deathpallie
post #471 of 611 Old 12-05-2011, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:

Check your xbox achievements.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #472 of 611 Old 12-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpacker View Post

IMO, World Tour is only about achivements and what-not. I pretty much skipped it after the second season and now race mostly in the Event List, where you can drive what you want, where you want.

I didn't know you can skip the World Tour. I thought you must complete the World Tour so it will unlock many tracks.

Since I have received all 50 prize cars, I might as well skip it as well because I am not getting anymore prize cars after level 50. After level 50, you only get credits around 100,000.

Right now, I am trying to figure out which races you can make the most credits to buy more cars. A lot of the cars I want to buy are in the millions.
post #473 of 611 Old 12-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

How do you unlock all the cars in Autovista? Right now, there are only 4 unlock cars I believe.
post #474 of 611 Old 12-06-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:

How do you unlock all the cars in Autovista? Right now, there are only 4 unlock cars I believe.

Its a secret and only the player can find the answer to your question by actually scrolling over to the locked car and then reading the message.
post #475 of 611 Old 12-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sain View Post

Its a secret and only the player can find the answer to your question by actually scrolling over to the locked car and then reading the message.

Dude, spoiler tag.

post #476 of 611 Old 12-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member

Is there a way to do a backup of this game onto a USB stick? Or how do I do a backup of this game using a USB stick?

I don't want to lose all of my hard earning credits in case the Xbox blows up.

Thanks!
post #477 of 611 Old 12-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Is there a way to do a backup of this game onto a USB stick? Or how do I do a backup of this game using a USB stick?

I don't want to lose all of my hard earning credits in case the Xbox blows up.

Thanks!

Yes, you can copy the game save from the hard drive to a memory unit, or just a regular USB drive.

This might all be moot as the new Xbox update is supposed to have some cloud save features, but no one knows how it will work, or if it does at all.

post #478 of 611 Old 12-07-2011, 04:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Is it true that there are no rankings when you race online? I am currently racing with F3 and have reached Champion level(25). How does the online ranking system work in F4?
post #479 of 611 Old 12-07-2011, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, you can copy the game save from the hard drive to a memory unit, or just a regular USB drive.

This might all be moot as the new Xbox update is supposed to have some cloud save features, but no one knows how it will work, or if it does at all.

LOL, how does no one know how it will work? Tons of people have been using it in the dashboard preview (despite the fact that it should be live now for everyone anyway.) You can just choose the cloud as one of your save options instead of your hard drive. Go to the menu and choose change storage. You get 500 MB.

I think there is only one, universal rank now. Haven't raced online.
post #480 of 611 Old 12-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

ok, here is the thing I don't understand about backing up your game. The option is to MOVE your data into the USB drive. But the problem is that all the game data is NOT in the HDD anymore because it was MOVED into the USB drive. Why would all the game data move completely into the USB drive? It suppose to do a copy and move into the USB drive. It does not make any since to me.

Now when I start the Forza game, I have to do everything over again and create a new profile. So, in order for me to get my game data back into the HDD, I have to MOVE BACK the game data from the USB drive.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page