Forza 4! - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 611 Old 05-27-2011, 04:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
oktoberrust11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Posts: 3,046
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
The pre-order bonuses and cover car were released yesterday:

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder/

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11

oktoberrust11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 611 Old 05-27-2011, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
newfmp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NFLD, Canada
Posts: 3,883
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 114
In no way am I interested in Kinect controls for this game. None whatsoever. Head tracking...ok, fine, neat. But I'm not holding my arms up for hours on end and have some auto-brake and gas nonsense.

MS needs to suck it up and realize the You are the controller nonsense doesn't work for 99% of the games out there. We NEED buttons.
newfmp3 is offline  
post #33 of 611 Old 05-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Member
 
Justin Sain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What a great feature to let you import your paint layers from Forza 3 into the new game and rewarding your dedication to Forza 3 with gift cars. Now that's treating your fans right
Justin Sain is offline  
post #34 of 611 Old 05-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Member
 
rewdpost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

In no way am I interested in Kinect controls for this game. None whatsoever. Head tracking...ok, fine, neat. But I'm not holding my arms up for hours on end and have some auto-brake and gas nonsense.

MS needs to suck it up and realize the You are the controller nonsense doesn't work for 99% of the games out there. We NEED buttons.

I didn't read a lot of the previews of this game yet, but I was under the impression that the Kinect features were basically going to be head tracking while racing and that's about it for in-game involvement.
The main feature was supposed to be in the garage where you could manipulate the car with your hands and maybe even invoke "exploded" views of components.
rewdpost is offline  
post #35 of 611 Old 06-01-2011, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,649
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
onlysublime is offline  
post #36 of 611 Old 06-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
greenjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 876
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
That looks really neat and appears to work well, but I still can't wrap my head around whether or not it would actually be good. You turn your head to the side, but you still have to look straight ahead at the screen. This strikes me as very unnatural. Anyone have direct experience with something like this?

jeff
greenjp is offline  
post #37 of 611 Old 06-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Member
 
Justin Sain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjp View Post

That looks really neat and appears to work well, but I still can't wrap my head around whether or not it would actually be good. You turn your head to the side, but you still have to look straight ahead at the screen. This strikes me as very unnatural. Anyone have direct experience with something like this?

jeff

I don't have any experience with this yet but I think you are over thinking it.

Most likely you won't be turning your head 90 degrees which would make looking at your screen difficult. Try looking straight on at your screen now and then turn your head just a few degrees to the side while keeping your eyes fixed on the screen.

That few degrees should be enough to " turn " your on screen view to see the track turn or maybe a car coming along side but not enough to make viewing the screen difficult. Think more subtle than extreme. I think it would be pretty cool to be able to sit in the car and move your head to look around the interior.
Justin Sain is offline  
post #38 of 611 Old 06-01-2011, 12:49 PM
 
darklordjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 7,909
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Did that look like a new 360 wheel to anyone else? Kinect head tracking is rad, but I really want MS to start making a wheel again.
darklordjames is offline  
post #39 of 611 Old 06-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Member
 
Justin Sain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

Did that look like a new 360 wheel to anyone else? Kinect head tracking is rad, but I really want MS to start making a wheel again.

I think that's the old wheel. It just has some felt or something under the base to keep it from slipping on the glass table top.
Justin Sain is offline  
post #40 of 611 Old 06-01-2011, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
coyote_5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Definitely the old wheel...

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
coyote_5 is offline  
post #41 of 611 Old 06-06-2011, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,649
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
http://jalopnik.com/5808738/how-forz...ulture-forever

it's a really good read. I've just included some snippets.

some clips:

"For starters, Turn 10's re-rendered every single vehicle, ripping the graphics engine down and building it back up. And the results are simply staggering. Polygons per car are up from Forza 3's 400,000 to over one million polygons per car in Forza 4. Turn 10's added real-light changes like blooming and lens flares help make the cars look like they're really in the environment. Forza 4 is achieving in real-time at 60 frames per second what was once something Pixar needed weeks to render."

"Not only has Turn 10 rebuilt the physics engine from scratch, they've also tried to address one of the most glaring problems with Forza 3, the tires. That's why, for enthusiasts anyway, the most important addition to the game is going to be the tire physics. Thanks to a partnership with Pirelli, Turn 10 has completely redone the modeling for tire dynamics. The tire company let them inside their testing system to give the game a soup-to-nuts data download and allow them to directly input it into the game."

"One of the coolest new community features is the ability to create a guild-like car club and then recruit your friends or, really, the best of the best and have the ultimate dream team of drivers, tuners and painters from the "Forza" community. Within each club you'll be able to share your custom cars and then, if you're interested, use them to dominate the other clubs. "
onlysublime is offline  
post #42 of 611 Old 06-06-2011, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
newfmp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NFLD, Canada
Posts: 3,883
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime
http://jalopnik.com/5808738/how-forz...ulture-forever

it's a really good read. I've just included some snippets.

some clips:

"For starters, Turn 10's re-rendered every single vehicle, ripping the graphics engine down and building it back up. And the results are simply staggering. Polygons per car are up from Forza 3's 400,000 to over one million polygons per car in Forza 4. Turn 10's added real-light changes like blooming and lens flares help make the cars look like they're really in the environment. Forza 4 is achieving in real-time at 60 frames per second what was once something Pixar needed weeks to render."

"Not only has Turn 10 rebuilt the physics engine from scratch, they've also tried to address one of the most glaring problems with Forza 3, the tires. That's why, for enthusiasts anyway, the most important addition to the game is going to be the tire physics. Thanks to a partnership with Pirelli, Turn 10 has completely redone the modeling for tire dynamics. The tire company let them inside their testing system to give the game a soup-to-nuts data download and allow them to directly input it into the game."

"One of the coolest new community features is the ability to create a guild-like car club and then recruit your friends or, really, the best of the best and have the ultimate dream team of drivers, tuners and painters from the "Forza" community. Within each club you'll be able to share your custom cars and then, if you're interested, use them to dominate the other clubs. "
Hmmm, deja vus. New tire physics and all is great, but if it turns back into forza 2 I will be skipping it.
newfmp3 is offline  
post #43 of 611 Old 06-06-2011, 09:11 PM
 
darklordjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 7,909
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 93
http://www.flickr.com/photos/majorne...7626896127512/

Well that's an interesting little official wheel. I don't think I want one and it's a bit disappointing that they don't seem to be bringing back a proper wheel redesign.

http://majornelson.com/2011/06/06/an...s-speed-wheel/
darklordjames is offline  
post #44 of 611 Old 06-06-2011, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,649
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
onlysublime is offline  
post #45 of 611 Old 06-07-2011, 06:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Daekwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 10,260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Take a look at MS new weird steering "wheel". Looks like something out of a plane. Not sure how well it does or doesnt work, so I wont even bother commenting on that.

http://gizmodo.com/5809319/microsoft...-cord/gallery/


Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
Daekwan is offline  
post #46 of 611 Old 06-07-2011, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kabob983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It's smiling at me...

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
kabob983 is offline  
post #47 of 611 Old 06-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Member
 
rewdpost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

It's smiling at me...

And if you throw it across the room after losing a race it will come back to you.
rewdpost is offline  
post #48 of 611 Old 06-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Senior Member
 
football76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Looks like I'll be getting back into gaming on October 11th.

Sony 65W850A | Xbox One 

Xbox Live: PremiumNapBear

football76 is offline  
post #49 of 611 Old 06-07-2011, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
totalownership's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Take a look at MS new weird steering "wheel". Looks like something out of a plane. Not sure how well it does or doesnt work, so I wont even bother commenting on that.

http://gizmodo.com/5809319/microsoft...-cord/gallery/


For a flight sim I think it would be great, for racing.... let's just say now I'm REALLY glad I bought my Fanatec last year.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
totalownership is offline  
post #50 of 611 Old 06-07-2011, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,649
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
onlysublime is offline  
post #51 of 611 Old 06-07-2011, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,649
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
onlysublime is offline  
post #52 of 611 Old 06-07-2011, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,649
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
onlysublime is offline  
post #53 of 611 Old 06-08-2011, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jasonstiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NW Las Vegas
Posts: 2,053
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Looked like there was some lag. Damn Lag!
jasonstiller is offline  
post #54 of 611 Old 06-08-2011, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ileff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Yuba City, CA
Posts: 1,983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Looks like a few new 360 wheels this fall:

Mad Catz Interactive announced today a new licensed Wireless Force Feedback Wheel for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system.

The Wireless Force Feedback Wheel is compatible with all Xbox 360 racing games and is expected to ship in time for the holiday 2011 season.

“Games like Forza Motorsport 4 offer highly realistic driving simulation and we believe that our fully licensed Wireless Force Feedback Wheel will appeal to gamers wishing to replicate an authentic racing experience.” said Darren Richardson, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. “Our new licensed Wireless Force Feedback Wheel is a further example of our ability to introduce high quality gaming controllers which offer great appeal to core gamers.”

Mac Catz aren’t the only ones in the race to bring new steering periphreals into the market before the end of the year, as company Fanatec are making two wheels of their own, one of which, it has been rumoured, could retail up as high as $700

xbl/gamecenter: leff4
psn/twitter: ileff
my app: video poker clock
ileff is offline  
post #55 of 611 Old 06-08-2011, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
spid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Gamespot has 24 minute demo of the game.

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6318146...nstration?hd=1
spid is offline  
post #56 of 611 Old 06-08-2011, 11:17 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member
 
GCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mechanicsville, VA
Posts: 1,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

http://www.flickr.com/photos/majorne...7626896127512/

Well that's an interesting little official wheel. I don't think I want one and it's a bit disappointing that they don't seem to be bringing back a proper wheel redesign.

http://majornelson.com/2011/06/06/an...s-speed-wheel/

Uggh, that's horrible. That has to be due to Kinect interfacing.

Greg

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

 

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

GCS is offline  
post #57 of 611 Old 06-08-2011, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,649
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

Gamespot has 24 minute demo of the game.

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6318146...nstration?hd=1

I love developer vids... good get.

this comes out Oct 11? day after my birthday. a mighty fine gift, indeed.
onlysublime is offline  
post #58 of 611 Old 06-09-2011, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cuco33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
All I'm going to say is... after watching some of the videos including the 24minute DG interview... I'm back to being super stoked for FM4!!

Apparently there's more to still be announced. I'm glad T10 watch the Top Gear show cuz clearly PD didn't with how they handled the Top Gear Test Track. In one of the videos I saw last night, was a Kia Cee'd (reasonably priced car) on the track from a standing start, not rolling one.

Also, MadCatz and Fanatec wheels were basically unveiled so more wheel options for us. That MS wireless Ushaped dildo with buttons.... meh.

Onkyo 605 / Paradigm Titan / Paradigm CC Center / Paradigm ADP rear / HSU STF-1 / HD-A2 / 40gbPS3 / 360elite / Wii / PC
I hate fanboys..
anti-GT5:P-er ;)
eurokult.com
cuco33 is offline  
post #59 of 611 Old 06-09-2011, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
totalownership's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Man I'm already hooked on FM4. New lighting engine is looking insane. All the new options and whatnot. And you know this is just some of the info. You know they're holding back on us with more info. Some of the stupid speculation about it being a Kinect only game cleared up. (Still can't figure out how someone in their right mind would think steering wheels wouldn't work with FM4)

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
totalownership is offline  
post #60 of 611 Old 06-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Member
 
-sweetness-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fairfax County, VA
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It looks like there is a new wheel:

Quote:


Forza Motorsport CSR and CSR Elite wheel and pedals hands-on.

If you're a console racer and you own an Xbox 360 then you know Forza Motorsport is among the best, but you also know that your selection of compatible controllers has left a bit to be desired. At this year's E3, which saw Microsoft peeling the protective tape from the bumpers and fenders of Forza Motorsport 4, there was actually an abundance of compatible wheels on display, but it's clear which were the most serious: two new wheels from Fanatec. They're called the CSR and CSR Elite, and there's a new set of pedals to match. Click on through for our detailed impressions.



http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/09/f...dals-hands-on/
-sweetness- is offline  
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off