Ssx - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 93 Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Here is the demo details..........

Includes:
- skyboarding tutorial
- ground tutorial
- Track: JT2
- Track: Bulldog
- RiderNet enabled
- Play as Zoe
- Mac is earnable by recommending the demo to someone else.

Xbox (Worldwide) & PSN (America Only) - 21st
PSN (Europe, rest of world) - 22nd

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 93 Old 02-21-2012, 04:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kabob983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Link to the demo on Xbox.com

1.24 GB

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kabob983 is offline  
post #33 of 93 Old 02-21-2012, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kabob983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Been playing the demo for maybe 45 mins, my thoughts:

It's definitely SSX3-esque, feels great to play, I'm gonna have to pick it up! It's not without it's faults though.

The new control scheme makes sense but it isn't nearly as user friendly as the old controls. It is reminiscent of SSX On Tour where the right analog stick controls your tricks and doing quarter circles on it are your tweaks. Thankfully for we SSX vets you can change the control scheme to "classic" which I did. When I changed it to classic I could no figure out how to do super uber tricks.

The overall skill level for the game seems lower than SSX3. Pressing your board you no longer have to keep balance, and therefore you only go nose or tail press with no spin. I miss the old style as I think it's one of the aspects that defined SSX3 as an "easy to play/difficult to master" game.

Comboing tricks is MUCH more difficult than SSX3, not that doing tricks in sequence is more difficult but the combo timeout seems to be less than 1 second and there is no notification that it's about to time out, a drastic oversight in my mind. On the trick track I hit 9.6 mil points on my second attempt, the number would have been a lot higher had I been able to keep my combo going.

The audio track (or what's included of it at least) isn't nearly as memorable as SSX3, but I didn't really expect it to be. I don't like the way the game handles music, especially in tricky mode. The included characters don't really seem to say much, maybe it's because there's no one else on the slopes with me.

Lots of connection issues with the EA servers, but considering it's day 1 hour 3 of the demo I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kabob983 is offline  
post #34 of 93 Old 02-22-2012, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 445
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edItmLRisDc

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #35 of 93 Old 02-24-2012, 05:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Raven Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
From SSX3's 60fps to 30fps... what a grave error for this type of fast paced gameplay. Ugh.

BTW kabob, you go change the control scheme to classic style (do it after the tutorial, or you may get stuck in that free fall trying to figure out the combinations)... just like SSX3. MUCH better than the new scheme.
Raven Crimson is offline  
post #36 of 93 Old 02-24-2012, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Crimson View Post

From SSX3's 60fps to 30fps... what a grave error for this type of fast paced gameplay. Ugh.

BTW kabob, you go change the control scheme to classic style (do it after the tutorial, or you may get stuck in that free fall trying to figure out the combinations)... just like SSX3. MUCH better than the new scheme.

I like that the game's producer states that the gameplay engine rendering at 60fps & the graphics engine locked at 30fps means you still get the responsive controls but with a rock solid framerate. To him obviously gameplay is king too, which is how it should be.......... The game looks and more importantly plays excellent IMO.

Here are some trick tips from Todd Batty himself that were posted over at Merqurycity.com.........

-sig trick worth most

-flips worth more than spins

-when not doing sig trick do L-R, R-L, B-X or X-B. The 2-input/step tricks are worth much more than the single button press

-never dupe your trick. If you see dupe trick callout off a big jump rewind immediately and re-jump, you'll get more in the long run even with the penalty

-never change your trick mid-flight

-build your multiplier up as fast as possible. Get into super tricky and do one grind trick after another at about a 1 second per cadence (if your multiplier doesn't go up you are doing it too fast). Once at 20x never change your grind trick mid-grind.

-one combo top to bottom, learn to watch the little chevrons beside your main score, they are the combo timer. Do a manual if no jumps, but can always just ollie

-use the terrain for big air opps anytime, just boost up the wall and then jump off. Can double the number of tricks you can do in a single run. This is really the key once you master the above and what will keep people playing this game forever


Tuesday cant get here quick enough! This game is going to absolutely consume me!

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #37 of 93 Old 02-24-2012, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kabob983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Crimson View Post

BTW kabob, you go change the control scheme to classic style (do it after the tutorial, or you may get stuck in that free fall trying to figure out the combinations)... just like SSX3. MUCH better than the new scheme.

I did that, one of the first changes I made. That said, I cannot figure out how to do signature tricks for the life of me. When I've got the super uber (or whatever it's called now) I thought it would be LT + RT + X but I've done it countless times with no result. Anyone care to share?

I am somewhat baffled about how the tricks are calculated in this game, I can do two runs that I feel are neigh identical and one will net me 5M points and the other 11M. I still haven't managed to get Gold yet (although I've not played the demo a lot), I should have gotten it this morning but my combo broke for no apparent reason and I ended up 200K short...grumble grumble.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kabob983 is offline  
post #38 of 93 Old 02-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Raven Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Toe, what are you talking about? The game is running at 30fps, so it suffers in response because of it. I have SSX3 right next to me, and it plays a LOT smoother than the new SSX. The framerate is a large reason why. 30fps just doesn't work well for games like this. the game is so fast, and the framerate noticeably hurts it for me.

It's like playing CoD for so many years at 60fps (which they've been since CoD2), and all the sudden they make a new one at 30fps. It's a huge step backwards.
Raven Crimson is offline  
post #39 of 93 Old 02-24-2012, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Crimson View Post

Toe, what are you talking about? The game is running at 30fps, so it suffers in response because of it. I have SSX3 right next to me, and it plays a LOT smoother than the new SSX. The framerate is a large reason why. 30fps just doesn't work well for games like this. the game is so fast, and the framerate noticeably hurts it for me.

It's like playing CoD for so many years at 60fps (which they've been since CoD2), and all the sudden they make a new one at 30fps. It's a huge step backwards.


I disagree, and most people would not even know the game is running at 30fps if they were not told so. The game runs very smoothly IMHO and it is clearly the fastest SSX game to date. Sorry it is not working for you, but fortunately (unfortunately for you) your opinion is in the extreme minority since I have seen VERY few complaints about this. If you are not happy though, dont buy it obviously This is certainly nothing to get hung up on though for the vast majority of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

I did that, one of the first changes I made. That said, I cannot figure out how to do signature tricks for the life of me. When I've got the super uber (or whatever it's called now) I thought it would be LT + RT + X but I've done it countless times with no result. Anyone care to share?

I am somewhat baffled about how the tricks are calculated in this game, I can do two runs that I feel are neigh identical and one will net me 5M points and the other 11M. I still haven't managed to get Gold yet (although I've not played the demo a lot), I should have gotten it this morning but my combo broke for no apparent reason and I ended up 200K short...grumble grumble.

I dont know if you have seen this thread, but some of the folks have started to break down the score mechanics which should help you figure things out

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum...hp?f=18&t=9829

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #40 of 93 Old 02-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Raven Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Only if you're blind would anyone think this runs at 60fps. The difference from 30fps to 60fps is like watching a movie about sports, then watching an actual sporting event. Its clearly obvious.
Raven Crimson is offline  
post #41 of 93 Old 02-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Senior Member
 
corey99699's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 438
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The game seems to run smooth to me,I never even thought about it being 30fps so I couldn't tell.I'm looking forward to the full game even though I'm not that great at the demo.
corey99699 is offline  
post #42 of 93 Old 02-24-2012, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey99699 View Post

The game seems to run smooth to me,I never even thought about it being 30fps so I couldn't tell.I'm looking forward to the full game even though I'm not that great at the demo.

Agreed.

First review is up! 9/10 from IGN Only real negative is no traditional type multiplayer. Not the most thorough review, but whatever...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1219417p1.html

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #43 of 93 Old 02-27-2012, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ballen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South of Boston
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Holy addictive game. A couple friends and I played the demo for hours on Saturday - can't wait to have more than 1 trick run to play.

Anyone know how the multiplayer works? I watched the videos and they talked about tournaments where it seemed like everyone was connected, but then I read something else and it sounded like it might just be ghosts. Also saw that neither version supports chat, but party chat would fix that on 360.

Have it ordered for 360, but if there's no real multiplayer, then I might grab the PS3 version since it comes with an extra mountain.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
ballen420 is offline  
post #44 of 93 Old 02-27-2012, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Holy addictive game. A couple friends and I played the demo for hours on Saturday - can't wait to have more than 1 trick run to play.

Anyone know how the multiplayer works? I watched the videos and they talked about tournaments where it seemed like everyone was connected, but then I read something else and it sounded like it might just be ghosts. Also saw that neither version supports chat, but party chat would fix that on 360.

Have it ordered for 360, but if there's no real multiplayer, then I might grab the PS3 version since it comes with an extra mountain.

Hi Ballen420,

Have you seen this vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAZSB...layer_embedded

That video explains it better than any of them, but basically you can set up a custom global event which will alert your friends, wait for them to get into the chopper and then all race/trick together. If you want to start at the same time, this should be easy enough by all agreeing on a time on the "time remaining" clock to start at which could be set by the host and with the party chat feature of the 360, you can coordinate this easily

If you get the xbox version, send me a friend request as I am trying to get some xbox friends for this game.

XBL ID: KING TOE

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #45 of 93 Old 02-27-2012, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kabob983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Holy addictive game. A couple friends and I played the demo for hours on Saturday - can't wait to have more than 1 trick run to play.

Anyone know how the multiplayer works? I watched the videos and they talked about tournaments where it seemed like everyone was connected, but then I read something else and it sounded like it might just be ghosts. Also saw that neither version supports chat, but party chat would fix that on 360.

Have it ordered for 360, but if there's no real multiplayer, then I might grab the PS3 version since it comes with an extra mountain.

No kidding, I kept seeing you playing the SSX demo. You took out my trick score but not my speed time, mwahahaha!!!

No real multiplayer on either platform but if you've got more friends getting it on one console or the other I'd go that route. No real multiplayer but you've gotta get 200 more points than Johnny!

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kabob983 is offline  
post #46 of 93 Old 02-27-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ballen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South of Boston
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to stick with the 360 version for the score challenges.

Toe - I've only seen the videos that are in the demo menu - I'll check out that YT vid at home and add you.

Kabob - My thumbs still hurt from playing all day - never played a demo for that long - only thing that saved us from instant arthritis is that we kept passing the controller around. I almost had you on that speed run at one point, but got hung up on a spot near the bottom. We spent the majority of the time on the trick run, though I can see the races being a blast. Curious to see what the survivor mode is all about.

Can't wait for tomorrow. This game has that nostalgic feel to it and should be a great change of pace.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
ballen420 is offline  
post #47 of 93 Old 02-27-2012, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kabob983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
You know, I went back and forth on this one and in the end decided not to pre-order. I LOVED SSX3, I'm sure I'd like this one a lot too, but I'm not as hyped up for it as I should be. I'll probably wait for the price to drop a bit and pick it up then.

As for beating my trick points run, I call shenanigans as my combo ended for some unknown reason in the middle of the run, had my two combos been one big combo it probably would have been enough of a boost to get me up to the 13M territory. As for my race time, I actually crashed at the end of that run or it'd have been even faster!!!

MWAHAHAHA!

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kabob983 is offline  
post #48 of 93 Old 02-27-2012, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RemoWilliams84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

You know, I went back and forth on this one and in the end decided not to pre-order. I LOVED SSX3, I'm sure I'd like this one a lot too, but I'm not as hyped up for it as I should be. I'll probably wait for the price to drop a bit and pick it up then.

As for beating my trick points run, I call shenanigans as my combo ended for some unknown reason in the middle of the run, had my two combos been one big combo it probably would have been enough of a boost to get me up to the 13M territory. As for my race time, I actually crashed at the end of that run or it'd have been even faster!!!

MWAHAHAHA!

I would have beat all of your runs if I were any good. So your just lucky that I'm not.

MWAHAHAHA!

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

RemoWilliams84 is offline  
post #49 of 93 Old 02-27-2012, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ballen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South of Boston
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I got that 13m hammered at 1 am.

No pre-order? I hope some 360 buds pick this up - thought for sure you'd grab it. I have 1 person I know grabbing for 360 and 1 for PS3 - only reason PS3 is tempting is for that extra mountain. Hate console/pre-order exclusives....though I do like the $10 Amazon is giving me for buying it through them.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
ballen420 is offline  
post #50 of 93 Old 02-27-2012, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kabob983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yeah, I was deadset on getting it too, just this morning though I realized that I should be way more excited about it. Maybe it's because I played SO much SSX3/SSX On Tour that I'm still burned out years later (I actually bought SSX3 for Xbox last year and played through it again).

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kabob983 is offline  
post #51 of 93 Old 02-28-2012, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Game is amazing. Just spent 10 hours jamming away and it has lived up to the hype and then some. Africa is nuts.

Feel free to send me a friend request

XBL ID: KING TOE

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #52 of 93 Old 02-29-2012, 12:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Raven Crimson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Great game, but not as memorable as SSX3.

I really miss being able to REALLY customize the looks of the characters. Outside of the glowing suits, I haven't seen anything but mere color schemes. That's disappointing.

So far, I'd give the game a solid 8/10, while SSX3 gets a 9/10.

The gameplay IS solid, personal gripe on framerate not being a factor into the score.


One major complaint is where the rewind button is placed on the Classic Scheme. I accidentally tend to hit when I'm grinding, and setting up a jump while boosting. All of those are face buttons, so I end up hitting rewind almost everytime I set up a jump. It's annoying. I hate the RS control scheme anyways, so that's out.
Raven Crimson is offline  
post #53 of 93 Old 02-29-2012, 03:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jasonstiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NW Las Vegas
Posts: 2,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Game is pretty much more of what made SSX so good. Im loving it so far...
jasonstiller is offline  
post #54 of 93 Old 02-29-2012, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ballen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South of Boston
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Game is amazing. Just spent 10 hours jamming away and it has lived up to the hype and then some. Africa is nuts.

Feel free to send me a friend request

XBL ID: KING TOE

Game is great. I only got a few hours in, but it seems like it has endless replay value with the global events and trying to best your friend's scores. Love the tiers for payouts for placing in the global events. Serenity was the first I played and that run is great.

Not sure I'm a huge fan of the deadly descents, but considering the number of tracks available for racing and tricking, a few survive-it runs will probably be a nice change of pace.

I have to clear some room on my friends list and plan on adding you tonight, Toe. Few other friends on my list picked it up too - like seeing the Ridernet challenges.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
ballen420 is offline  
post #55 of 93 Old 02-29-2012, 06:37 AM
Member
 
rjackson02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I picked this up yesterday as well and would love to have a few more friends to compete against, so feel free to add me.

Xbox ID = RJackson02
rjackson02 is offline  
post #56 of 93 Old 02-29-2012, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Game is great. I only got a few hours in, but it seems like it has endless replay value with the global events and trying to best your friend's scores. Love the tiers for payouts for placing in the global events. Serenity was the first I played and that run is great.

Not sure I'm a huge fan of the deadly descents, but considering the number of tracks available for racing and tricking, a few survive-it runs will probably be a nice change of pace.

I have to clear some room on my friends list and plan on adding you tonight, Toe. Few other friends on my list picked it up too - like seeing the Ridernet challenges.

Thanks, sounds good!

I agree about the DD.....some I like so far, but some not so much. Glad they only make up a small part of the game.

Rjackson02, I will send you a friend request later today when I get on.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #57 of 93 Old 03-01-2012, 03:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kabob983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Without free riding the game will never be as epic as SSX3.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kabob983 is offline  
post #58 of 93 Old 03-01-2012, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ballen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South of Boston
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

Without free riding the game will never be as epic as SSX3.

Stop crapping on our fun cause you didn't pick it up!

In all seriousness, there are definitely some elements missing in this game that I wish were there, and some things that I could do without, but this game is a blast and a great change of pace. I'd love to see some traditional multiplayer added, but the Global Events more than make up it's omittance.

Does SSX3 hold up still?

On another note, anyone know if there is a limitation on 360 to the number of songs that can be put in a playlist? I created a custom playlist last night (21 songs), but would love to add more.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
ballen420 is offline  
post #59 of 93 Old 03-01-2012, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

Without free riding the game will never be as epic as SSX3.

You can free ride any drop in this game just by ignoring the other riders in Explore.

The biggest thing I miss from SSX3 is that amazing 30 minute top to bottom run...........nothing like that in this new game

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
post #60 of 93 Old 03-01-2012, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ahartig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 1,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Stop crapping on our fun cause you didn't pick it up!

In all seriousness, there are definitely some elements missing in this game that I wish were there, and some things that I could do without, but this game is a blast and a great change of pace. I'd love to see some traditional multiplayer added, but the Global Events more than make up it's omittance.

Does SSX3 hold up still?

On another note, anyone know if there is a limitation on 360 to the number of songs that can be put in a playlist? I created a custom playlist last night (21 songs), but would love to add more.

WOW, I played the living hell out of the demo last night. Harpua, you are on my friends list and I spent 1-2 hours trying to beat your time and score on both demo runs, I finally did...... I love how it shows your ghost while im doing the run. This is great fun...... I might have to pick this up, the wife even plyed and got into it, which is a huge rarety, she usually plays peggle.....

The racing portion is so much fun, deciding when to use turbo and when not to jump is a fine line..... and running at 30 fps this game still looks amazing.

I was an SSX junky on the gamecube and always wondered why there were no decent snowboarding games on the 360 or PS3.

Question to people who have the game:

How are the wingsuits, any fun, or just gimmicky, can you deploy it anywhere, anytime?

What kind of unlocks are there, are the unlocks similar to COD and BF games, where you get better things the more you play and score?

Do the races always have ghosts, are there any races against real flesh and blood opponents that you can run into?

Im sending friend requests out to players on this thread

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
ahartig is offline  
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off