Ssx - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ballen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South of Boston
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Grab it - best part of the game is competing with your friends!

Wingsuit is part fun/part gimmick. It's necessary for some of the ravines and crevases that are found in some of the mountain ranges (Pantagonia for one). It is kind of cool when you pull it out (the wingsuit), but so far only really find myself using it when I'm flying off an edge or jumping over a ravine.

There seem to be a lot of unlocks, but not to the extent of COD/BF. There's different attributes for boards, suits, gear (wingsuit, head light, etc.), and mods that have various effects. The cool thing is that a lot of events have limitations set on the level of gear you can use, so you don't have to worry about competing against level 10 gear when all you own is level 3 (unless of course level 10 is the limit). I was using a suit that increased boost last night - it was great for trick-it runs that were wide open, but it sucked on runs where I had to worry about flying off an edge. Seems you need to optimize your setup based on type of run and where it's at.

All races have ghosts - they will either be the computer ghosts (gold, silver, bronze), or if it's an online event, I believe the ghost of the leading tier is shown. The cool thing about the online events in this game is that you can be on a mountain with both ghosts and people who just happen to be doing the same event at the same time as you. Live people appear solid as opposed to ghosts. I believe if you want to actually live race with someone, you both have to wait in the chopper to syncronize your drop. There's no traditional multiplayer with a lobby and then everyone readies up to start an event.

Hope that helps. Grab it - want some more competition and scores to go against.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
ballen420 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-02-2012, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ahartig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 1,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
So I bought the game last night, it is a BLAST. The global events are pretty awesome, managed to take home 220,000 credits on one where I was in the gold bracket.

I placed a geo-tag on that global event and am not too sure what happens now, the event ended last night. Does the geotag stay there forever? Do I get points when someone tags it?

Also, I was playing some world tour and it is just me or does it not seem to matter if you get 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the race portions, you always get the same credits and it always just says "drop completed". I am kind of anal with that stuff and would like to "gold" all the drops, but it seems that the game doesn't keep track of that.

Very fun, it reminds me a lot of the Tony Hawk PS2 days stringing tricks together and racking up major points.....

I am using the classic button controls and want to make sure I understand them. X, Y, and B are all grab moves as well as holding down RT and X,Y, or B. That gives you a total of 6 unique grab moves..... The otherr grab moves consist of X then B or B then X or Y then X and also RT m,ixed in between, giving you about 6 more grab moves? Does that sound right?

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
ahartig is offline  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ballen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South of Boston
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
A is a grab move too. I always forget to hit it since A is jump too.

World Tour is basically training. Explore is where you find gold, silver, and bronze medal runs.

I don't fully understand how the geotags work yet.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
ballen420 is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,328
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 556
The Alps......One Step Ahead.........anybody found a drop that is crazier than this one? I hated this track when I first tried it a few days ago, but now it is one of my more favorite diversion type tracks from the standard race/trick tracks. SUPER intense track, but a LOT of fun in its own way.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
Old 03-05-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ahartig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 1,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

The Alps......One Step Ahead.........anybody found a drop that is crazier than this one? I hated this track when I first tried it a few days ago, but now it is one of my more favorite diversion type tracks from the standard race/trick tracks. SUPER intense track, but a LOT of fun in its own way.

Holy hell. That run is ridiculous. I did a global trick event on this track and got diamond because only two other people actually survived and finished. There was a total of 50 or 60 people competing. Crazy hard

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
ahartig is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,328
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

Holy hell. That run is ridiculous. I did a global trick event on this track and got diamond because only two other people actually survived and finished. There was a total of 50 or 60 people competing. Crazy hard

Man, I cant imagine a trick event on that course! How many rewinds did you guys get?

I have been pulling my hair out trying to get the last 2 gold medals in the Rockies. Did pretty good on 2 of the peaks, but then got to Extinguisher which has been BRUTAL trying to get gold in 3 or 4 of the race/trick events. After hours of play between yesterday and today, I only need one more gold on one of the race events, but man I am not even close with a level 10 character with level 10 speed/boost mods. Need to find a better line I suppose, but this track is killing me!

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
Old 03-06-2012, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ballen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South of Boston
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Toe - every track that you keep setting records on is ridiculous! Broken Tooth comes to mind - I don't remember your score, but you quadrupled me and everyone else on my list. I'm like a pinball on that track with all the trees. I'm starting to think you don't like the normal runs.

Did a global event on Patagonia that Honde was in - wingsuit required, no winsuit allowed. Course was sick - couldn't seem to break 8 million on it, but it's got a couple days left and I plan on returning to it. Had one really good run, but the helicopter kept getting in the way when trying to make one of the last jumps and it would send me to the bottom. Chopper wouldn't let me finish it.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
ballen420 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,328
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Toe - every track that you keep setting records on is ridiculous! Broken Tooth comes to mind - I don't remember your score, but you quadrupled me and everyone else on my list. I'm like a pinball on that track with all the trees. I'm starting to think you don't like the normal runs.

Did a global event on Patagonia that Honde was in - wingsuit required, no winsuit allowed. Course was sick - couldn't seem to break 8 million on it, but it's got a couple days left and I plan on returning to it. Had one really good run, but the helicopter kept getting in the way when trying to make one of the last jumps and it would send me to the bottom. Chopper wouldn't let me finish it.

I am having a blast competing against all you guys! It is fun to set a time, then someone beats you and you go back and try and beat them, etc......I think Broken Tooth is one that gave me a lot of problems in either race or trick..........is that the middle or right track on Extinguisher?

I have been focused on some of the crazier tracks only because I am bound and determined to get gold on them which can be extremely HARD and very frustrating. The last few times I played, I have been focussed on getting gold in all the Rockies events, 3 or 4 of which are a nightmare. I cant tell you the name of the track, but its the one on Extinguisher where you need just under 14 million for gold and it starts out with you jumping off a ledge right into a cave.......I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon trying for gold on this track and I finally figured a few things out and did it! Those moments feel so good, but man it was a lot of work. I hope all the ranges are not this hard!

The one I still cant get gold on and the only one I have left in that range is on the peak next to it (not the furthest most left peak as I have gold in all 3 of those events) in the race event......I am not even close right now since the best I have done is about 8 seconds behind gold. Need a better line and/or strategy.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
Old 03-06-2012, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jasonstiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NW Las Vegas
Posts: 2,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Just got to where freezing is a major factor in what line you take. Its difficult!

Also, the oxygen mask is a fresh mechanic.
jasonstiller is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ahartig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 1,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Toe - every track that you keep setting records on is ridiculous! Broken Tooth comes to mind - I don't remember your score, but you quadrupled me and everyone else on my list. I'm like a pinball on that track with all the trees. I'm starting to think you don't like the normal runs.

Did a global event on Patagonia that Honde was in - wingsuit required, no winsuit allowed. Course was sick - couldn't seem to break 8 million on it, but it's got a couple days left and I plan on returning to it. Had one really good run, but the helicopter kept getting in the way when trying to make one of the last jumps and it would send me to the bottom. Chopper wouldn't let me finish it.

I find it so frustrating when the chopper swoops in at the end on Code Blue and prevents you from hitting that last monster jump. Happened to me many times on Code Blue in Patagonia (wingsuits required, no wingsuits).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

I am having a blast competing against all you guys! It is fun to set a time, then someone beats you and you go back and try and beat them, etc......I think Broken Tooth is one that gave me a lot of problems in either race or trick..........is that the middle or right track on Extinguisher?

I have been focused on some of the crazier tracks only because I am bound and determined to get gold on them which can be extremely HARD and very frustrating. The last few times I played, I have been focussed on getting gold in all the Rockies events, 3 or 4 of which are a nightmare. I cant tell you the name of the track, but its the one on Extinguisher where you need just under 14 million for gold and it starts out with you jumping off a ledge right into a cave.......I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon trying for gold on this track and I finally figured a few things out and did it! Those moments feel so good, but man it was a lot of work. I hope all the ranges are not this hard!

The one I still cant get gold on and the only one I have left in that range is on the peak next to it (not the furthest most left peak as I have gold in all 3 of those events) in the race event......I am not even close right now since the best I have done is about 8 seconds behind gold. Need a better line and/or strategy.

I assume you XBL username is KING TOE?

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
ahartig is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ahartig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 1,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
The global events are great, and earning a ton of credits is super, but it seems that it would be cool if they implemented more ways you could spend those credits. Right now the only thing you can spend it on is more gear, and once you start getting 3 or 4 million credits banked up, your pretty set.....

It would be cool to see some new DLC where instead of actually paying XBL points, you could unlock it with 50 million credits or something like that, that would really be some motivation....

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
ahartig is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ballen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South of Boston
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Code Blue - that's the name of it. You just need to hit it aggressively - a friend and I were trying to be careful going down it and seemed like we were falling off the sides more than if we just barrelled down. Great run...aside from the chopper at the end. There are a couple courses where the chopper screws you.

Toe - I believe that's Broken Tooth. I just know you had 16m or something while myself and the rest of my friends list didn't even break 3m. I love the competition - though I swear every time I pick one of you runs, I see what it's all about, then I back out and say I'll come back to that one. I need to get better on the runs where you can die - can't seem to lay off the boost.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
ballen420 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,328
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Code Blue - that's the name of it. You just need to hit it aggressively - a friend and I were trying to be careful going down it and seemed like we were falling off the sides more than if we just barrelled down. Great run...aside from the chopper at the end. There are a couple courses where the chopper screws you.

Toe - I believe that's Broken Tooth. I just know you had 16m or something while myself and the rest of my friends list didn't even break 3m. I love the competition - though I swear every time I pick one of you runs, I see what it's all about, then I back out and say I'll come back to that one. I need to get better on the runs where you can die - can't seem to lay off the boost.

I hear ya. The contrast in strategy between something like One Step Ahead and Mornin Tiger is totally different obviously. Figuring out the best strategy seems to be a big part of the challenge with this game and considering how many drops there are, replay value is incredibly high.

That ~16million run was after a lot of trial and error and probably some luck thrown in as well I seem to have some decent runs at times, but I am not consistently good which is what I would like to be. I think its just that I have spent a lot of time on that track though. There are a few things "I think" I have figured out. For one thing, it seems very important to get that multiplier up as quickly as you can to 20 and keep a combo going until you do for max points, and then keeping the multiplier up which means you cant really lag and need tail press and boost while doing it if going to slow. There are some times/scores of yours and others that I cant beat right now as well on tracks I am not as familiar with. I noticed yesterday that I scored considerably higher in general if I focussed more on getting the multiplier up to 20 and keeping it there vs slowing down and hitting 50-100 run combos with a lower single digit multiplier which makes sense, but is something that did not really hit me until yesterday. Of course doing both is the best route to go, but I think it is a good idea to cash in that combo once you get to 20x on the multiplier just to get that initial chunk of points in the bank (at least at my humble skill level right now.......I hope at some point I can feel really comfortable just doing one continuous combo and not cashing in until the end). Still trying to figure it all out though.



What kind of general racing strategy do you guys use? Do you try to get Tricky (Super Tricky?) and keep it alive as long as possible, or do you just get little bits of boost from small tricks, burn through the boost and then try and get it again at some point? I seem to do the latter and not sure if that is the right strategy or not......of course it might depend on the run as far as what strategy we should use. Have you guys found any good strategies?

One other thing is that I am still trying to get totally comfortable with the steering, especially with a level 10 board and level 10 speed/boost perk. I am getting better, but it is really touchy and is still going to take some time for me to feel totally comfortable with it.

I am still trying to figure out how the hell one of the guys at Merq has a 2:25 on One Step Ahead.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
Old 03-06-2012, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,328
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

I find it so frustrating when the chopper swoops in at the end on Code Blue and prevents you from hitting that last monster jump. Happened to me many times on Code Blue in Patagonia (wingsuits required, no wingsuits).



I assume you XBL username is KING TOE?

That is me Shoot me a friend request if you have not already!

ALL GOLD in the Rockies! Man, that was hard! 2 Gold on One Step Ahead as well which was a total bitch. Still have to get gold on the trick event on that track.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
Old 03-07-2012, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ballen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South of Boston
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
For races, I try to get super tricky and keep it going as long as possible with small spins. I do my best to avoid jumps and try to hit as many rails as possible as you seem to boost a little faster on them. That being said, I'm not that great at races and haven't spent much time on them.

Nice work on the Rockies. I've been all over the place with this game, though mostly been doing random global events and following friends around trying to beat their scores.

What's up with iSneakyLeroy? Guy seems to have all the platinums on the global events - and they're ridiculous scores. He has to be exploiting a glitch.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
ballen420 is offline  
Old 03-07-2012, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,328
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

For races, I try to get super tricky and keep it going as long as possible with small spins. I do my best to avoid jumps and try to hit as many rails as possible as you seem to boost a little faster on them. That being said, I'm not that great at races and haven't spent much time on them.

Nice work on the Rockies. I've been all over the place with this game, though mostly been doing random global events and following friends around trying to beat their scores.

What's up with iSneakyLeroy? Guy seems to have all the platinums on the global events - and they're ridiculous scores. He has to be exploiting a glitch.

Cool, thanks for the tips. I felt better on races last night with Alex for some reason. I found her easier to control vs Zoe.

Leroy is using the rewind glitch and a racing glitch on one of the runs which some people were talking about over at Merq. Its unfortunate since he seems to be an awesome player without resorting to those cheap tactics which spoils the impressiveness of his great times/scores.

Anybody else love Africa? I spent some time over there last night and had a total blast! Love the contrasts in this game as far as the runs go which is partly why its hard to put down. If you get sick of one thing, there is always something vastly different to work on and check out.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
Old 03-07-2012, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ahartig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 1,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
That sucks about Leroy, I saw over at Merq that he was only glitching be because other people were, and therefore he wanted to beat the glitchers at there own game, pretty lame if you ask me. EA needs to release a patch ASAP!

I despised Aftica during the world tour, all those tunnels pissed me off. Are there any good open mountain Africa drops in explore mode?

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
ahartig is offline  
Old 03-07-2012, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,328
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

That sucks about Leroy, I saw over at Merq that he was only glitching be because other people were, and therefore he wanted to beat the glitchers at there own game, pretty lame if you ask me. EA needs to release a patch ASAP!

I despised Aftica during the world tour, all those tunnels pissed me off. Are there any good open mountain Africa drops in explore mode?

I agree. Hopefully a patch will hit quick!

If you did not like Africa in World Tour, you probably wont like it in Explore since it is just more of the same. I enjoyed it in WT though which is probably why I liked it so much last night. I found it a total rush boosting through those tunnels once you had somewhat of a line you knew. I can see this being either a love it or hate it region in general.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Member
 
Tom37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mpls, MN
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone else not able to connect to RiderNet? Just sits there forever!
Tom37 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Member
 
rewdpost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom37 View Post

Anyone else not able to connect to RiderNet? Just sits there forever!

I had the problem last weekend a couple of times. It seems to ebb and flow a bit, kind of typical for new game roll out by EA.
Sucks though with how integrated this is on SSX.
rewdpost is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,328
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Ballen420,

I must have just spent 2 hours trying to beat your trick score on Critical Mass in Siberia! That track was giving me problems, but I finally got it!

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:51 AM
 
spyder696969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Land of many wives
Posts: 9,328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 123
What's eveyone's highest payout so far? I got 5,554,000 (Didn't even get Diamond, just Platinum. ) on a Survive run just before SSX had to take a backseat to ME3. So much money, so little to buy. Seriously, once I'd got a couple of good suits, boards, and perks, there isn't much else that's very interesting or a big improvement.
spyder696969 is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ballen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South of Boston
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Toe - Nice work! Gives me another challenge to go after. I need to start remembering the names of tracks. I was looking through Explore last night and noticed a lot of my scores were getting beat - need to work on that this weekend.

Spyder - Most I've earned is 6.7m, which I just cashed in on last night from a survive it in Antartica. Buy-in was 2m though. Agree on the lack of stuff to spend it on.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
ballen420 is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,328
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 556
I somehow have not even played any GEs so far Need to jump into that this weekend. I have been glued to Explore and trying for all golds. Got 2 on Sentenel last night which is like a warm up version of One Step Ahead and is on the same mountain all the way to the right. I thought the race was hard, but once I found a small shortcut, I was able to take over the gold finally. Fun track once you learn it.

Messed around in Siberia for a while as well last night for the first time. I really like the DD course.

Also did the thin air DD on Everest for race/trick/survive and this one is probably my least favorite DD so far. On one hand, it is challenging having to keep your air up while also worrying about keeping your race line or your combo going in trick, but it seems just as annoying. It might grow on me though.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
Old 03-09-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ballen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South of Boston
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I've been mostly doing GE's, knowing that I'll have plenty of time to focus on the Explore when a lot of times/scores have been posted.

I like the events mountain in Siberia - lot of cool runs, and none that you really have to worry about dying on.

I did a thin air GE last night that only had about 15 minutes left when I entered. It was a tricky event, but limited to level 4, and oxygen kept running out before the end. I was getting annoyed, but luckily I only had a few opportunities at it. I didn't think about using oxygen mods, but one of my friends that did finish it said he needed two of them.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
ballen420 is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,328
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 556
I was all proud of getting gold on One Step Ahead yesterday with my lame 3mil until I saw Leroy's 22 mil vid on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXQXi...layer_embedded

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
Old 03-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Member
 
panthershutch15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I picked this up a few days ago --- GT is "McFly1955" if anybody wants to add me.

Just blowing through the world tour now, but will be hopping online soon.

xbox: McFly1955
ps4: GeorgeMcFly1955
panthershutch15 is offline  
Old 04-05-2012, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,328
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Is anyone playing this still? I am still just as hooked as day 1..... I finally found my Modern Warfare it seems as I am addicted!

Got gold on all 153 drops in Explore and have been playing GEs lately. Still having a blast!

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
Old 04-05-2012, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ballen420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South of Boston
Posts: 3,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I haven't played lately, but by no means have given up on it. It's the perfect change of pace game for me. Plus, a few of my local friends have it, and I've been giving them a chance to beat some of my scores so I can go back and beat theirs!

McFly...I'll accept your friend request. Figured it was a random so I never accepted it.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
ballen420 is offline  
Old 04-05-2012, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member
 
Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,328
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

I haven't played lately, but by no means have given up on it. It's the perfect change of pace game for me. Plus, a few of my local friends have it, and I've been giving them a chance to beat some of my scores so I can go back and beat theirs!

McFly...I'll accept your friend request. Figured it was a random so I never accepted it.

I wish some of my local friends would get the game. I love playing against the people on my friends list, but it would be really cool to have someone local I hang out with on there.

Its funny you mention giving your friends a chance to beat your score so you can go back and beat theirs. I was expressing frustration with not being able to get above a certain score on Serenity the other day on merqurycity. I literally kept getting to within about 3 million points of beating Todd Batty who was the only person above me on my list and he basically told me he was not going to touch his score until I beat him which was pretty cool I thought. I finally did beat him, but I know he will come back with a vengeance!

Its amazing to me how strategic this game is when going for high score or time. In trick it, you could have all the skill, but if your line sucks, you wont get anywhere near the top. Serenity is a great example of this. Hitting all those big jumps is so important to getting those big scores and you really got to plan out your line in accordance.

I also did not realize that the mod system was as complex as it is. There is some great info in this thread where Todd (kingbitty) explains how these mods work and I did not realize a lot of what he talks about. Worth reading through the thread though as there is some great info...........

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum...p?f=18&t=10169

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Toe is online now  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off