Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 106 Old 10-20-2011, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Lord Zath, you got AC for 360 or PS3?

If you got it on 360, send me a friend request and I'll hopefully be able to play MP with you sometime.

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 106 Old 10-20-2011, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I have it for 360. I'll definitely try sending a FR, but if I don't (probably won't make it online tonight), feel free to send me one. Gamertag = exactly what you typed in your post .

The funny thing about this game is that by the C-130 mission I had to check to make sure I was playing Ace Combat and not HAWX!
post #93 of 106 Old 10-20-2011, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
On the solo campaign, I got to the mission 9: Siege but kept failing. On the online co-op, 3 maps are available. The 3rd map is Derbert and starts in mission 8: Pipeline. But the co-op mission ends when I completed it with other players. Is that because I haven't completed mission 9 solo? I'm hoping the online co-op would continue to mission 9 that I'm stuck because more human fighters will really help since it's timed mission.

Since I already completed to mission 8, why the online co-op only allow to select only 3 maps? I wish AC: AH co-op campaign is more like HAWX.
post #94 of 106 Old 10-20-2011, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

can't remember what mission that is. Timed... is that the mission where you're in the bomber?

If so, fly as low as possible and keep the throttle open.
post #95 of 106 Old 10-20-2011, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

can't remember what mission that is. Timed... is that the mission where you're in the bomber?

If so, fly as low as possible and keep the throttle open.

Mission 9: Siege.

I did find a few online players to play some of the later co-op campaign missions. At least I got enough playtime with the rental.

My opinion is HAWX is a better with online co-op campaign but weak in multiplayer. AC: AH puts too much restriction on the online co-op campaign but much better with multiplayer.
post #96 of 106 Old 10-21-2011, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 493
I don't know how you guys could hate on the story campaign. I'm loving it. The bombing missions are a pain! I just can't kill fast enough. But it's making me work faster and I'm starting to get it.

No way I'm good enough to go online multiplayer yet. No need to hear someone yell "dance with the angels at me!"
post #97 of 106 Old 10-21-2011, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

I don't know how you guys could hate on the story campaign. I'm loving it. The bombing missions are a pain! I just can't kill fast enough. But it's making me work faster and I'm starting to get it.

No way I'm good enough to go online multiplayer yet. No need to hear someone yell "dance with the angels at me!"

Do eet! We can also do some co-op
post #98 of 106 Old 10-21-2011, 10:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

I enjoyed the campaign missions but playing solo, some of the missions are just too hard trying to take out all the targets alone especially if the mission is timed.

As for online co-op on the campaign, is it even possible to play through every mission? I played solo until I got stuck at Mission 9. Then, I found an online player that already completed the campaign and each time he chose a co-op mission, it ends after we completed one mission. Since the unlocked co-op campaign maps only consisted of main areas, there's no way to select individual mission in each map.

Another issue about playing online co-op campaign is if all the co-op human players leave except you, the mission is aborted. All the kills to that points are lost. HAWX did correctly by letting the remaining player continues the mission and new players can still join in at any time. HAWX also displays each co-op player's kill score during the mission. It's a fun friendly competition. I still think AC: AH campaign could be a lot more fun if there aren't so many restrictions.
post #99 of 106 Old 10-22-2011, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

wow didn't realize co-op sucked that much.

I still suggest that if you can't get past a mission, restart the campaign on the lowest difficulty. Once completed, there is no reason to replay at tougher difficulties. And you unlock the co-op missions.

I'll be up for playing later today and tomorrow. Razgriz, launch!
post #100 of 106 Old 10-22-2011, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have it for 360. I'll definitely try sending a FR, but if I don't (probably won't make it online tonight), feel free to send me one. Gamertag = exactly what you typed in your post .

The funny thing about this game is that by the C-130 mission I had to check to make sure I was playing Ace Combat and not HAWX!

Ok, I sent you a friend request twice from xbox.com over the past few days. Not 100% sure if they went through or not, but I am going to assume at least one did given that I've never had an issue before. I don't want to bug you more, so I won't try a 3rd time.

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
post #101 of 106 Old 10-23-2011, 12:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Weird. I just checked via xbox.com and see no FR from you. I just tried sending you one. LMK if it works.

BTW, I just figured out how to paint aircraft. AWESOME! You can also change missile smoke colors. Neato!
post #102 of 106 Old 10-23-2011, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Weird. I just checked via xbox.com and see no FR from you. I just tried sending you one. LMK if it works.

BTW, I just figured out how to paint aircraft. AWESOME! You can also change missile smoke colors. Neato!

No FR from you either. I just tried adding you from my console and found out the culprit. Says you have a full friends list, so no FR are coming through. You're too popular.

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
post #103 of 106 Old 10-23-2011, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

lol ok I'll dump a couple people and resend

I have a friend over now but will be free in about an hour or so!
post #104 of 106 Old 10-23-2011, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

ok sent
post #105 of 106 Old 10-24-2011, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ok sent

So I totally thought I'd have plenty of time to play MP with you over the next 2 weeks (stuck in a hotel in WV), but it turns out there is a problem with some MTU setting of the hotels internet so I can't even connect to xbox Live.

PSN - Mr_Frisch
XBL - Mr Frisch
Steam - Sneaky Pete
post #106 of 106 Old 10-24-2011, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

haha nice!
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List