Halo 4 - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I'm still waiting for my shipment to get here from Newegg. I should get it today or tomorrow at the absolute latest. I don't really play all that much multiplayer. I'm mostly just interested in the single player campaign. This game is actually for my kids, but I must say that it's piqued my interest, and I'm pretty excited to check it out. It's just really interesting to see how this new team did a Halo, and how it will compare to what Bungie has done in the past. Obviously, the graphics will be vastly improved from Halo 3, but that's a given.

Seems this game has gotten really strong reviews, so it makes me want to check it out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Graphics during the single campaign are excellent. None of the other Halos even come close. There is much more detail. I recently played Halo Reach and the difference is night and day between Reach and Halo 4.
And I also played multi-player on Halo Reach recently. Again there is no comparison between the Halo4 graphics and the Halo Reach graphics., There is so much more detail in Halo 4.
In Campaign., most of the weapons I have been using have been new weapons, not the old weapons. And it's mostly been the new enemy as well.

Entire first mission you fight grunts, Elites, shielded covenant, various other convenant etc. ALL from the other Halo games. You also have Needler, assault rifle, battle rifle, convenant rifle, plasma gun, pistol. ALL from the other Halo games and ALL look and fire almost identical.

Sorry, but these graphics are not that much better then Halo Reach. The textures are bland on the walls and such, characters detailed good, enemies detailed good, walls, etc. not so much. Cut scenese, ABSOLUTELY better, game play, not at all.

post #273 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

This reminds me.... I have a gripe that so many game modes were removed since Reach! WTH!!! Where the h3ll is SWAT and Headhunter????? Those were two of my favorites! mad.gif
post #274 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

do you actually remember what halo 3 looked like?
here's a reminder:

Thanks for posting a video of Halo 4. biggrin.gif Sorry, I am not seeing the LEAPS about Halo reach people are claiming, sure it is probably better, but not these amazing graphics. Makes me wonder what other games people are playing that they think these graphics in Halo 4 are so amazing and they can't believe the hardware can do this. I have a stack of games with better graphics then this.

post #275 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Good point on that tactic considering how many bullets/pew pew's it takes to put someone down. Also explains my 14 assists one game and Trail's 25 kills...must have been hiding behind me and cleaning up on my kills. biggrin.gif
Seriously though - tend to run off in all directions in Halo where I stick with a group in games like BF. 1 on 1 battles are toss ups - but if you have 2 guys in the same vicinity, much easier to take that one loner down. Just need to focus more on that I guess.

This was a huge problem for me last night. I would think I'm around some teammates, then I realize I am surrounded by 2 or 3 enemies and I just get wrecked. You cannot flank like this is BF3 and you can't take down multiple opponents like CoD. It's very different and it will take some getting used to. I had multiple matches with more than 10 assists, it was crazy. Also, I really have to work on aiming for the head. I instinctively aim for the chest all the time, it gets me killed so much.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #276 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Sorry, but these graphics are not that much better then Halo Reach. The textures are bland on the walls and such, characters detailed good, enemies detailed good, walls, etc. not so much. Cut scenese, ABSOLUTELY better, game play, not at all.

do I have to remind you what Reach looks like as well?

here's a sample of the awful cutscenes in Reach. 2:43 and onward is a good example. I can't believe they can't even maintain framerate in a cutscene. And what's up with the blurring?

gameplay start: 5:40
post #277 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 12:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Entire first mission you fight grunts, Elites, shielded covenant, various other convenant etc. ALL from the other Halo games. You also have Needler, assault rifle, battle rifle, convenant rifle, plasma gun, pistol. ALL from the other Halo games and ALL look and fire almost identical.

Yes you run into the old enemies before the new ones. Once you run into the new ones you can pretty much use those weapons.

Maybe the graphics look so much better to me because of my Darbee Darblet I have connected on my main setup? But even when I tried it on my 360 connected to my computer monitor, the graphics looked much, much better than what I saw from Halo Reach. There was so much more detail than the previous Halo games.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #278 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:

I'm lost, where is this? I don't see it in War Games?

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #279 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Man, I need to join up with some people. I am just getting KILLED out there. Need some coordination to have any chance. I sent out some friend invitations, I hope I can join on some group action tonight.

As to the graphics, just look at the level of detail on the bitmaps and how much more natural lighting looks. That stuff (especially lighting) takes ALOT of computing power. Sure, you can fake that (as many other games that are touted as "better graphics" do), but no other game comes even close to how Halo 4 is doing it. I am still amazed that this is even possible.
post #280 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 691
played quite a bit of MP and all spartan ops (level 20 right now), i am farrrr from a halo expert, but this is what i have learned
1. head hit box is huge, i have been getting a lot of headshots and i know i am not that good...so just aim near the head when killing someone
2. i didn't play with the assault rifle at all, but after getting smoked by rtweezy i tried it, next game 32-6! (i was lucky to break .500 on most games) if it is close up combat that thing just smokes people, i will just stay in hallways, etc.. so i don't get in a long range battle and people will just run towards me and i will smoke them..
3. i like the ammo "perk" there have been numerous times the other guy runs out of ammo, but i still have some bullets left
4. seems to me (could be wrong) the BR is a little quicker to kill close range and the DMR is better at long range, i was "sniping" people with the DMR, but when people got closer the BR would win...
5. liking the active camo, numerous times it allows me to get the first shot off, thus allowing for the kill
6. on big team be sure you have plasma nades, i have gotten numerous multikills by sticking vehicles
7. been said before, but stick with people, it is close to impossible to kill someone when you have 2-3 people shooting at you...
8. on big team if you get some people to work together and get a bunch of vehicles and hang out near the other teams spawn, they don't have a chance, because they will never get a vehicle to combat you, beat a team 1000-450, doing that..

hope that helps... anyone feel free to correct me, like i said i am not an expert. I am really liking this game, having a lot more fun now that it is not a situation where people just remember where the best weapons are on the map and i don't stand a chance, game feels very balanced, just about everytime (outside of the lag going on) i get killed it is because i deserved it.. this is the most fun i have had playing halo this gen.... much better than 3 and reach IMO..
post #281 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

This is my main draw to halo actually. The teamwork that always works the best isn't necessarily the one with the best tactics or planning but the one that has a couple or group of guys that work together almost in cycles. Short version--- you and I are running around, I start to take fire and return it while in the process of backing around the corner and let you finish as I make sure to stay alive and keep anyone from getting you while you put the last shot or two in. These are the types of games I always played and always seemed to be the most rewarding (fun-wise).

Most of my MP Halo experience has been 4 player split screen free for alls with friends on the couch. I played a bit of 3 and Reach online, but not much. Definitely can see the teammate tactic being huge - especially with the way you put it about starting out in a 1-1, getting to cover to replenish the shield, and letting your teammate finish him off (while covering his back).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

This was a huge problem for me last night. I would think I'm around some teammates, then I realize I am surrounded by 2 or 3 enemies and I just get wrecked. You cannot flank like this is BF3 and you can't take down multiple opponents like CoD. It's very different and it will take some getting used to. I had multiple matches with more than 10 assists, it was crazy. Also, I really have to work on aiming for the head. I instinctively aim for the chest all the time, it gets me killed so much.

Think we were all running around like chickens with our heads cut off last night. Need to learn the maps and try to move around them in at least groups of 2 or 3. New challenge. I like it - not gonna give up yet!

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #282 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

man, the warthog is kind of like a sports car now. engine sounds more like a car than a truck and the handling is tight. the seats look like Recaro made them! smile.gif

anyone else feel claustrophobic in the helmet? I never really thought about how clear the view was and how the hud just hung there in previous halo games. now looking out through the visor...
post #283 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Man, I have been working on a map all day. Been creating a map, halo calls it forge. I personally believe it will be very nice, and frankly better than any map I have played so far. Dinner is over with and now I have to make the final touch ups.

I would really really like it if a big big group of us could play test it tonight. I probably need about an hour to finish it up. It is so damn tedius, or at least the first time through. I've only done it a couple times anyways, and that was basically two years ago, so I forgot a lot of things.

But yeah, I am kind of begging for a few custom matches on my map tonight. I will hopefully be setup for Slayer, CTF, and Dominion tonight with other game modes to come later. Edit, I think I have King of the Hill and Oddball ready to go now too.

I believe I can eventually post a fileshare link that would allow everyone to download it and play on it at their leisure.

Custom games on Halo, and forging your own maps is a very special part of Halo that I have very little experience with. I think it is one area that for some reason goes overlooked.

Tomorrow or the next day I will start a separate thread for forged maps, with videos and pictures of the maps.
post #284 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Custom games rule, especially free for all swords, shottys, snipers, pistols, beat downs, odd ball, king of the hill... good times. We definitely have enough of us for some good team action too.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #285 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Anybody interested in play testing my map tonight send a friend request to my xbl gamertag: mphfrom77

If anybody else is interested in forging, I just found CertainAffinity's youtube page where they go over step by step how to set up maps and the different game modes in forge.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CertainAffinity?feature=watch

I could have used that link a few hours ago.
post #286 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 05:09 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Agreed on sticking together tactic. I'm pretty bad at running off and doing my own random thing. Sorry shmoop, I recall a few times where we were sticking close and then I would ADD out and leave you stuck fighting 3 guys. Can't make it on tonight maybe tomorrow or Friday.

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #287 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Just my opinion so take that in mind and I only play MP no co-op or single player

I bought the game because there's nothing else worth buying and COD is getting old. This game feels and looks exactly like Halo 2 but with customizable weapons and they even use maps from older Halo games, how original. Have they ran out of people that have an imagination of map making? It seems every FPS has the same set of standards and the only difference is what you and the enemies look like and whether you can jump.

I've played a few games and I've found myself just driving the vehicles and just spraying and praying. Maybe it's a better experience if play with people you know but I play in random games that usually are filled with people screaming the N word at anyone. Or getting to the point they scream in the mic because we all suck and we're holding them back.

My gt is pipelinoperator if you feel so inclined to hear me bitch some more in a match. Just kidding )

D.I.N.K

Double
Income
No
Kids
post #288 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Just got a chance to play tonight. SP and some Coop. Graphics are great, the game handles great as far as being smooth and the guns shooting smooth. I did have a little trouble with the controls until I changed them so the zoom was on the left trigger and the melee was on the stick. I am not digging the music though so far there is nothing that would be "hummable" like you had with the original Halo or Gears of war, Borderlands 1/2 or even the main theme of Skyrim. The music here seems more like the environmental music in skyrim, it’s nice but I am missing that main theme. I was never a huge halo fan, I liked them but preferred Gears and the original GRAWs but dang that main theme made me want to go out and "finish a fight". Now I just want to turn it down so I can hear the dialogue and the start screen makes me yawn, not get juiced up. But whatever, if the worse thing about a game is the music then you have a pretty darn good game.

Anyway so far so good but not as addictive as Borderlands 2 maybe the story will open up a bit. Anyone know how many chapters this is? I and my coop partner got past the sphere (vague enough?) and he wondered how far we are into the game.
post #289 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

woah. someone that says that Halo 4 "feels and looks exactly like Halo 2". eek.gif

refresher on what Halo 2 looks like on the 360:

the emulator on the 360 is pretty good but still graphical anomalies in a lot of places. but it is upconverted to 720P so it looks better in that area.
post #290 of 449 Old 11-07-2012, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Well tonight was a great success in my opinion. Every mode worked that we tried on my map. Though the first version is going to need some revisions to work out the kinks. But all in all I thought it went pretty good, and I'd like to thank all you guys for being good sports. Thanks.

And we had a good time playing. Mixed it up with a couple crazy game modes. Good stuff. I do think there deserves to be a separate thread for forged maps and invented game modes. Unfortunately Halo Waypoint hasn't come out with a fileshare system yet, but they are supposed to by the end of the month. That way we can share maps, and game mode settings, to make all this custom stuff simpler. I am virtually new to Halo Custom games, but I know there is a lot of fun to be had there. And the coolest part is when someone halfway across the globe creates something special, we can just download it to our xbox and play that mode and map whenever we want. Halo Reach had some epic modes that once you played it you would ask yourself and friends, "Why haven't we been playing this all this time?"

Anyways fun stuff. I'll see if I can't post a video of some funny things from my point of view.

Mantis FTW
post #291 of 449 Old 11-08-2012, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Cool map MPH. Loved the custom games too. Definitely up for more of that.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #292 of 449 Old 11-08-2012, 04:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

do I have to remind you what Reach looks like as well?here's a sample of the awful cutscenes in Reach. 2:43 and onward is a good example. I can't believe they can't even maintain framerate in a cutscene. And what's up with the blurring?gameplay start: 5:40

As I stated before, the cut scenes in Halo 4 are the best I have ever seen in a game, no doubt there. I'm talking SP campaign, in-game.

post #293 of 449 Old 11-08-2012, 05:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Does anyone find plasma grenades are alot harder to plant a moving target with in Halo 4? In past iterations it seemed that if you had a player in your reticle when you tossed the nade, it was a guaranteed stick. Now it seems they are smaller and much easier to avoid.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing as the plasma grenades used to have a mystical gravitational field at times in the past...I just find myself using them in less situations now. Even though it feels more realistic it kinda takes away from the fun of using them a bit.

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #294 of 449 Old 11-08-2012, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

can some people post their "loadouts", i am curious to what setup people like..
post #295 of 449 Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I dunno the plasmas' flight definitely seems to be different but I haven't had too many problems sticking people or things. I got several sticks last night right as they killed me, extremely satisfying taking him with you.
Played some Slayer pro last night before we got grouped, probably what I'll lean towards playing most of until they get CTF fixed. No perks, straight fighting.
post #296 of 449 Old 11-08-2012, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

whats wrong with CTF?
post #297 of 449 Old 11-08-2012, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

whats wrong with CTF?
Capping without a flag home isn't ctf and shouldn't be called that. That is more of "ball" game of some type.
post #298 of 449 Old 11-08-2012, 11:49 AM

Liked: 14
Ok, because my opinion matters so much (LOL!) I will share some of my thoughts.

Biggest issue is control's. After many moons of BF3 I still cant get used to it!
JUMPING! Really annoying. I dont know what is wrong with it, but its wrong.
Grenades are harder to throw than before. They feel "Lofty" but heavy at the same time. I cant stick like I used to.
Warthog, I am a beast mode driver! Give me a good gunner and the other team has problems.
The Star Wars walker is fun and strong. If the other team doesn't concentrate their fire on you, then you can walk (LoL) over everyone.
Banshee, if the other team doesn't concentrate then can be effective.
Kill Cam is BS and makes me want to punch babies.
I can't kill anything with the BR, I am better with DMR but I get so tired of one on one battles
Menu's are not a intuitive as past games
Graphics are good. People forget how OLD the 360 is. My computer is half its age and cant even play some current games that would look worse than H4
Fun times! Getting the crew together is fun times and some hilarity ensues.

Biggest thing??? I may remember things wrong but it feels like you die WAY TO FAST. I remember some very long battles in past halo's and it never felt like I got "Sniped" with a BR.
post #299 of 449 Old 11-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbat420 View Post

Ok, because my opinion matters so much (LOL!) I will share some of my thoughts.
Biggest issue is control's. After many moons of BF3 I still cant get used to it!
JUMPING! Really annoying. I dont know what is wrong with it, but its wrong.
I hate jumping too, I tried to switch to bumper jumper to make it easier for me to jump, but the other controls are so screwed when you use the A button to sprint. Also, the rest of the controls are messed up too: crouch goes to the left stick, B is reload, and X is armor ability. I am currently using fishstick (I think) and it is like CoD. ADS with the L trigger (and you have to hold it down, maybe this can be adjusted), crouch with B, and melee is on the right thumb stick. It's so much more comfortable for me than pushing in the right stick to zoom.
Quote:

I can't kill anything with the BR, I am better with DMR but I get so tired of one on one battles
Use BR in shorter range, you will lose to the DMR in a long range battle, but you have an advantage up close. The BR fires 3 rounds at a time, DMR is just one.
Quote:

Biggest thing??? I may remember things wrong but it feels like you die WAY TO FAST. I remember some very long battles in past halo's and it never felt like I got "Sniped" with a BR.
I actually happen to like the fact that guys go down a bit quicker. I always felt that it took too long before.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #300 of 449 Old 11-08-2012, 01:37 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Has anyone tried the double XP from Doritos or Mountain Dew? I was thinking about picking up a pack of Doritos for the double XP.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Halo 4 Xbox 360 Game Microsoft

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page