Madden '12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 56 Old 07-26-2011, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Now that football is officially back. Figured I might as well get the Madden hype going, with the 2012 NFL season guaranteed to be intact and Madden '12 releasing on Tuesday, August 30th. I'm guaranteed to only buy 2 games a year.. and thats COD and Madden football. So far the following deals on Madden '12 preorders are:

$59.99, free release day shipping, No tax, $20 Gift card from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-12-.../dp/B003O6EAM6

$59.99, state tax, $20 e-Gift card from Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Madden-Foo...er=lw9MynSeamY

$44.99 straight pricing, no gift card, free shipping from Toys-R-Us:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=11643590

Some of the more ruthless Slickdealers have gotten Amazon to process the regular order (w/$20 gift card) and then pricematch the $45 price from TRS (after making several attempts with several different CSRs).. bringing the total for the game down to only $25. But I'm not a fan of beating down businesses, especially good practicing businesses like Amazon who already offer great service & pricing. Amazon gets my Madden money because they offer the best preorder package to include: free shipping, $20 GC, no tax and these extra bonuses:

Order Madden NFL 12 for the PS3 or Xbox 360 and receive the Amazon exclusive All Rookies Team and All Sophomores Team as well as $20 in Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The code to access the exclusive content will be emailed to you the day your order ships. The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 07-26-2011, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I'd definately be interested in using my Cleveland Browns (no laughs please LOL) in a league if you guys were to get one going.

gamertag: xxx shiv xxx
PSN: xx_shiv_xx
post #3 of 56 Old 07-26-2011, 09:14 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Any major reason to move up to this from Madden 11?

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #4 of 56 Old 07-26-2011, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

$40 Roster update..

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #5 of 56 Old 07-26-2011, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 353
I am not a Madden player, but I think this is a cool idea.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1184075p1.html
post #6 of 56 Old 07-26-2011, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Any major reason to move up to this from Madden 11?

Franchise mode seems to be reworked a bit, they added "dynamic player performance", expanded the rosters, and added trades for future draft picks.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #7 of 56 Old 07-26-2011, 10:09 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Franchise mode seems to be reworked a bit, they added "dynamic player performance", expanded the rosters, and added trades for future draft picks.

Ehh probaby a skipper here for us.

Basically my son and I play each other and he plays his cousins and thats about it. I guess if they upgrade we will be forced to do the same.

Thanks

Greg

post #8 of 56 Old 07-26-2011, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Ehh probaby a skipper here for us.

Basically my son and I play each other and he plays his cousins and thats about it. I guess if they upgrade we will be forced to do the same.

Thanks

Greg

Yeah if thats the case, definitely skip it.

Most of my friends are vast Madden diehards. Since 1993.. we been playing the game for whole weekends at a time, never leaving the house, just ordering more beer, chinese food and pizza. We playing each other over and over again.. winner stays on the sticks and gets homefield advantage. Now that the game works well enough over XBL.. we do the same in our living rooms. Which works even better for those that are family men with a wife & kids at home.

Either way there is no way I can never, not, get the annual Madden release. Not playing the new Madden for several hours each year.. is about a realistic as me turning into a vegetarian. And I just had a 1/2lb pulled pork sandwich for lunch.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #9 of 56 Old 07-26-2011, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

You starting the league up again this year Jhoff? Lemme guess you got the 49'ers. I think I want the Ravens or Jets.. I love defensive teams. RS has already called the Cleveland Browns.

Daekwan - Jets
Jhoff - 49ers
RS600 - Browns

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #10 of 56 Old 07-26-2011, 10:20 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Yeah if thats the case, definitely skip it.

Most of my friends are vast Madden diehards. Since 1993.. we been playing the game for whole weekends at a time, never leaving the house, just ordering more beer, chinese food and pizza. We playing each other over and over again.. winner stays on the sticks and gets homefield advantage. Now that the game works well enough over XBL.. we do the same in our living rooms. Which works even better for those that are family men with a wife & kids at home.

Either way there is no way I can never, not, get the annual Madden release. Not playing the new Madden for several hours each year.. is about a realistic as me turning into a vegetarian. And I just had a 1/2lb pulled pork sandwich for lunch.

Yeah I am sure my son will be that way eventually. He enjoys playing Madden (I do not) but he is only allowed to play online with his cousins and no one else. And unless he is playing with me or his sister then he only gets a 1 hour of XBOX time a day unless he does something to earn more XBOX time (i.e. grades, dishes, taking care of the animals, laundry etc).

Thanks for the input D.

Greg

post #11 of 56 Old 07-26-2011, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You starting the league up again this year Jhoff? Lemme guess you got the 49'ers. I think I want the Ravens or Jets.. I love defensive teams.

Sorry, no. I don't have a Gold subscription anymore. I just wasn't playing games online enough for it.

post #12 of 56 Old 07-26-2011, 01:26 PM

Liked: 10
I got NCAA last year so I guess I'll try Madden out again this year. I've found that if I alternate years for these two titles that I stay pretty well pleased! My son (who is 6) is just now getting into these games so I'll have to start teaching him how to really play. Right now he just picks up the controller and plays around a bit. He has fun and does pretty well but I think it's time to start teaching him how to really play...

For someone coming from Madden 10, do you think it's worth the upgrade?
post #13 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

So how does Amazon delivery work? Do you get it the day it comes out or do they ship they day it comes out? I have bought one since 07 I think. Son just started to get interested in it.

Xbox live- SER 182
Mix Cloud
http://www.mixcloud.com/Ser182/
post #14 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 253
They overnight it the day before it ships so barring any unexpected ups delays you should get it the day it comes out.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #15 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Yep.. I checked my credit card this morning and Amazon had indeed charged it $59.99.. meaning it will ship today. Cant wait for tomorrow!! So far I've only played COD BLOPS for the last 10 months!!!!

Will feel very weird putting in a new disc, not even sure if I remember where the eject button is on the Xbox Slim. Seriously lol

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #16 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

I signed up for the EA Season Ticket and have been playing Madden 12 for a few days. Cancelled my pre-order

post #17 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Remo not what you wanted to see upgrade wise or did like the game period?

Xbox live- SER 182
Mix Cloud
http://www.mixcloud.com/Ser182/
post #18 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

They overnight it the day before it ships so barring any unexpected ups delays you should get it the day it comes out.

My SOP is Amazon pre-order. Always have gotten my games on release day around 3:30.

Salminella Now Better with Kinect: 360 PSN

Official member and mascot of the AVS' Xbox 360 Elite Club of Awesomeness
post #19 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser182 View Post

Remo not what you wanted to see upgrade wise or did like the game period?

The offense side of gameplay itself is actually pretty decent (other than the frustratingly amazing leaping ability of linebackers and the inability to return a punt more than 4 yards). The running game can be a lot of fun. Passing game is decent. Defense is boring as hell and needs a fresh take.

But there are just so many bugs and the franchise system is horrible compared to NCAA12, MLB the Show, NHL 11, NBA 2k11. I don't play online, so if I don't like the offline modes I won't buy it.

One issue with the franchise mode is when trying to sign free-agents/drafted rookies, it gives you no indication what the player wants. You just keep increasing the salary until he finally accepts. There are no trade offers that ever come up during the season. You see maybe one or two during the draft.

The depth charts are all screwed up. Teams will put the quarterback as a back up kicker or the kicker as a back up quarterback. You don't see that as a problem too much unless you play the preseason games.

Rookie scouting is awful. It doesn't tell you when you can scout and why you can't scout during certain weeks of the season. It doesn't give you any kind of a projected draft board.

Be a superstar mode is absolutely horrible. You don't take the wonderlic anymore. There is nothing to the whole mode other than play a game then practice. Rinse and repeat.

I know this is nitpicky too, but they always announce the Titans as "the New York Titans". How can you not catch this before it is released?

I'm a bigger fan of NFL football than NCAA, but I just can't bring myself to buy this game even after I returned last year's because of freezing issues (which as a plus, I haven't seen any freezes in this years game). I'll eventually get it from gamefly and play a couple more seasons, but it's definitely not worth a purchase.

post #20 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

I know this is nitpicky too, but they always announce the Titans as "the New York Titans". How can you not catch this before it is released?

Announcing is horrendous this year but supposedly they're redoing the commentary engine entirely next year.

The newly-recorded Gus stuff sounds hollow and almost nasally compared to last year's recorded stuff. It's most evident at the coin toss.

Not only that, there's a LOT of players who get only called "number xx".

I've heard it say that Tom Brady needs to do certain things in order to improve to the next level.

And worse, sometimes they'll say the wrong player name: On a screen pass, Sanchez to Greene, I've heard "Greene drops back and throws a perfect pass". Or on a pass, it's said "Johnson (the receiver) breaks up the pass" and stuff like that occasionally.

It's pretty inexcusable.

However, I really think the gameplay is the best yet. I especially love how you actually have to pay attention to passing lanes or you're going to throw many more interceptions.

I actually have no problem with defense, I enjoy it. Blitzing works much better this year, you can actually overwhelm the linemen and get pressure. Last year's game I only got coverage sacks.

And I really like the dynamic player performance. Just played a game versus the Raiders, and at the beginning Jason Campbell was dropping back and throwing passes fine. By the end of the game, his roles on the pause menu were listed as "paranoid" and "tuck & run" and you could feel the difference. After even a second of dropping back and a tiny bit of pressure he'd be off and running (which would often just get him sacked again).

Here's a pretty good review of it: http://www.operationsports.com/revie...madden-nfl-12/

I actually haven't touched anything other than "Play Now" yet though.

post #21 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Doesnt matter to me. Madden is a every year purchase, if even just for the roster update. Of all the things I spend money on.. its always worth atleast $60 bucks to have the up to date version of the game to me.. and play with the proper players on the proper team. Come tomorrow, friend on my game list will be playing Madden'12.. not Madden'11. And it aint much fun playing with yourself.

If I wanted to save $60 bucks.. I'll skip going out to dinner just once and cook at home. Better still the game is only $40 bucks with the Amazon $20 bonus.. even more reason to pick it up on blind faith.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #22 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
I'm with Daekwan, I'm going to get it regardless of how buggy it might be. It's something to look forward to each year right before football actually starts, and summer ending. I know it's silly to buy a game regardless, but I know my friends will have it and we usually get together like Daekwan and have all nighters with last man standing double elimination.

The only big quirk I find in this year playing the demo is the kicking meter and view on field goals. The view would be fantastic if it wasn't hard to tell if you kicked it in. And even though I hated the kicking stick at first, it seemed to take more skill than the golf meter.

PSN - nnarum
post #23 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:

And it aint much fun playing with yourself.

I beg to differ, sorry, couldn't resist.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #24 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

One nitpicky issue I always have, though maybe it's just me, is on the coin toss, when it asks you to pick a side, it doesn't describe it well enough.

I mean, it's "Defend L" or "Defend R" and the arrow pointing in a direction. How is someone supposed to know which direction that the arrow is corresponding to without playing a bunch of times and figuring it out? In other words, could up mean north? Could up mean that it's a sideways wind since the goals are referred to as L/R? Etc. Something that after a while you get used to, but it still doesn't make any sense.

That's been an issue for a long time, though, and isn't new to this year's. ... Not to mention that the coin toss options aren't really right, it should be kick, receive, or defer.

And the wind meter should also be displayed along with the length of the kick on fourth down before you pick a play.

post #25 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 03:14 PM

Just bought it off Amazon with that deal. I haven't played in years. I was a die-hard player in the 90s while in college. Buying this has more to do with my Lions finally looking good again since the days of the Playstation One.
post #26 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

I beg to differ, sorry, couldn't resist.

Lotion can only get you so far.. lol

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #27 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post

Just bought it off Amazon with that deal. I haven't played in years. I was a die-hard player in the 90s while in college. Buying this has more to do with my Lions finally looking good again since the days of the Playstation One.

Lions are looking good man. If Stafford can stay healthy, they are definitely going to playoffs. Not sure if they can beat GB, but they are definitely in the top 6 of the NFC.

Div winners:

Packers
Saints
Eagles
Rams

Wildcard:

Lions
Falcons

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #28 of 56 Old 08-29-2011, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 271
The new hitting is garbage. They tried to use psychics and failed. The players fall awkward and there just isn't any feel to it. The rest of the game is too similar to last year, so most people shouldn't upgrade. Madden needs a HUGE refresh. the same goes for NHL 12's hitting and gameplay. EA need to stop beating these franchises to the ground and come up with a new engine for the games.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #29 of 56 Old 08-30-2011, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Looks like I'm getting it anyway. I cancelled my pre-order from Amazon Saturday morning but still got a shipping notice yesterday. Looks like I didn't do it in time. Not a big deal. I got the $20 game credit and I'll be able to sell it for $30 in a month or two anyway. Not a bad deal to get some play out of it.

Another funny thing I noticed last night is the timeout animation. I had the ball and was running out the clock so the other team called a timeout, only it showed my qb calling the timeout. At first I was like wtf? I thought that the auto-timeout or something was turned on and the AI was just screwy. But it was just the animation.

post #30 of 56 Old 08-30-2011, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Maybe Ill join the online league this year too with my brother. Last time we did it with the AVSers (Madden 10 I think), all the AVSers either stopped playing or got elliminated from the playoffs. My brother and I (Pitt & SD) were in the AFC finals and we never finished it out since nobody else was left.
-Evangelo2
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page