post #451 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Agreed as I sit grumpily at work unable to partake.

Randy Pitchford has been tweeting codes pretty regularly. There was a US set last night that I just got entered under the wire.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

There's a glitch. If you hit, leave Sanctuary and come back without doing any other missions. Then tip her $1,000 and she should give you the gun you just missed out on.
Ahhh thnx.

And we are trying to answer a question, Once sanctuary moves is michael gone?
post #453 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I'm 99% sure I've seen him after it moves, but he definitely isn't there as often. Think I heard he only appears after story missions. I found him one time in Zed's office - so make sure to check in there too.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #454 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
Yeah I heard Michael is around 100% of the time before the move and then like 10% of the time after... that's secondhand info so YMMV. I've only found him once. I'd look for him more carefully in my next play thru but I'd just be cheating myself out of enjoying the game's true essence. wink.gif

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #455 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

I'm 99% sure I've seen him after it moves, but he definitely isn't there as often. Think I heard he only appears after story missions. I found him one time in Zed's office - so make sure to check in there too.
Oh yea, he's there, but only when he wants to be. Every time I think he's permanently gone, I find him again. Although sometimes I restart the game thinking it went sour on allowing him to show. If you do quit/continue farming and he's nowhere in Sanctuary after 15 tries, I'd suggest loading the game again...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #456 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 08:11 AM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post

I don't feel a need to finish a $60 game in record time. That just seems a waste....

...I'd prefer orange, because you get features in orange that exceed what you get in any other color item, except maybe for some of the non-orange items with red text. Purple items can have red text but orange items ALWAYS have it. Red text MEANS something, perhaps more than in Borderlands 1 due to the paltry number of orange items being found. Purple items can have red text but orange items ALWAYS have it. And that's why I want them....

I'm in no hurry to finish the game either, as is eveidenced by my paltry L33 status. Kudos to you for not wanting to rush through the best game of the year. smile.gif

What does red indicate in nature? Danger! Tell you what...I'll give you $100 via PayPal if you play the entire game with nothing but The Love Thumper (shield) and The Bane (gun). The Love Thumper gives you incredible melee status once it's depleted...and it takes 3.5 MINUTES before it starts to recharge! The Bane? Shoots shock damage and is accurate as hell...but you can barely move. (I won't give away the other "perk" of this cursed gun, as it's too funny.) Try out The Fibber as well. 38 X 2 damage at L30! Hell yeah! Oh, it does 17,462 damage once every never, but those slow-moving bullets that constantly ricochet off of everything are sure a big help. Some red text isn't so bad, but no big deal. Moxxi's guns for big tips? Makes your controller vibrate. Whee. Think I'm going to give up my fiery Tediore SMG that is superior in every stat and does 10,000 damage when thrown for that vibration feature?

BL2 is about balance, which I find a huge improvement over the first game. Want a high cap Turtle shield? Lose health. Want more SMG damage? Lose accuracy. A spinigun with a huge clip shoots a billion bullets, but at reduced damage compared to a slow-ass, rocket-firing, explosive assault rifle. And on and on. This game is all about give and take, not just finding "the god gun." I find that both entertaining and rewarding.

I tell you these things not to belittle your playstyle or choices, but to let you know that the truth isn't what you think it might be.
post #457 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post

You do you. I'll do me. Make sense?

Why so defensive? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

mikepaul is having obvious trouble with not having any "good" weapons. Since you and your buddy duped mass cash and were going on and on about how everything other than orange weapons were for second-class citizens, it stands to reason that you duped weapons as well. I thought that maybe you could help him out. I fail to see the harm in that, nor do I think that it merits snarky comments backhanded in replies to others. If you are truly offended, I apologize. Just trying to help a fellow AVSer out.
post #458 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

I tell you these things not to belittle your playstyle or choices, but to let you know that the truth isn't what you think it might be.
I wasn't aware that those items you mentioned were orange. I want things like orange Hyperion sniper rifles. Or, Maliwan for the elementals. No Orion in sight, so Pele will do. There are less-than-exciting shields and non-orange weapons. That's not what I want...

post #459 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 175
The weapons you want are probably not going to drop. You have to find a balance. You're going to have to settle for guns that aren't amazing. The scale of rarity is actually put to use in this game. Orange wasn't very rare in the first one.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #460 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

The weapons you want are probably not going to drop. You have to find a balance. You're going to have to settle for guns that aren't amazing. The scale of rarity is actually put to use in this game. Orange wasn't very rare in the first one.
Well, http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Weapon_Effects_Bordelands_2 says that drops CAN happen with the badass characters even if bosses do it more often. That's why I like the badass-alert I occasionally hear from Zero. However, my goliath promotions rarely yield a decent drop let alone orange. Just gotta keep trying...

post #461 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
Quote:

Why so defensive? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif
mikepaul is having obvious trouble with not having any "good" weapons. Since you and your buddy duped mass cash and were going on and on about how everything other than orange weapons were for second-class citizens, it stands to reason that you duped weapons as well. I thought that maybe you could help him out. I fail to see the harm in that, nor do I think that it merits snarky comments backhanded in replies to others. If you are truly offended, I apologize. Just trying to help a fellow AVSer out.

Man I'll tell ya what, I think it was you that gave the sage advice earlier in the thread about watching the time you have available before starting a side mission. I started one last night - Lost Treasure - at 10, and somehow managed not to finish it til 1am! Now some of that was definitely on me. I have no idea how I let that take 3 hours but it was a serious pain in the ass!

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #462 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 81
post #463 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 400

Sad but entirely true...need :beer:
post #464 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

20, 30, 40 runs through Sanctuary in a row, no Michael Mamaril.

So I'm gaming the quest where you get booze for Mordecai, looking at the rifle he hands you and exiting the game if it isn't what I want, and about the eighth time I enter the HQ, there's Michael.

Never give up hope.

The rifle is always elemental, but I only want a flame or electric version. And the damage varies so I'm not giving up until it's over 500 damage too.

That remorseless addiction thing is pretty accurate...

Traded the 201 damage flame Bolshy Horrorshow for an Operational Sloth that has 501 damage. No great shakes based on the Level 26 sniper in storage, but I can use this now.

There was a plain version with 601 damage, but the Trespasser I picked up from another quest would have been obsoleted before I got a chance to see if it ignored shields in a way I like...

post #465 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
Gauge now has her own Twitter account. "Make it Sparkle" embues Death trap with whatever elemental damage she shoots him with. Sounds interesting.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
post #466 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

I was tipping her last night to get the first weapon, she does the "well you deserve something back for that" line.. Starts like she is going to hand me a gun, then that idiot guy in moxxi's started talking and it ended her animation and talk. Does she just hand you the weapon?
If you can wait til you're faitly high level, it's worth it. I didn't do the tip thing til level 32 and she gave me very good stuff.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #467 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Visited a Level 34 game tonight. Everything I saw was Level 31 or better and I just don't see where storing that will do me any good this playthrough. No MASSIVE damage snipers, so I'm still wondering what happens to ramp white ones up to 13,000 late in the second playthrough...

post #468 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 61
Does anyone know how the slots at Moxxi's scale? I'm level 25 but it's still giving me level 18 weapons.
post #469 of 850 Old 10-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:

Visited a Level 34 game tonight. Everything I saw was Level 31 or better and I just don't see where storing that will do me any good this playthrough. No MASSIVE damage snipers, so I'm still wondering what happens to ramp white ones up to 13,000 late in the second playthrough...

I just hit level 45 trying to win the bandit arena. Tons of drops through this. I think it was a level 43 (which is when I started) quest to start, made those 2 levels and got quite a few guns out of it. Had to quit because the last round wouldn't continue. I've gathered a couple sniper rifles that maxed out at about 6k damage. Couple of really lame deaths caused by inability to hit a bad guy from behind cover.

I gained 2 levels and about 300k cash. Not huge but I started with about 2k. Decent guns cost over 100k at the vendor now. Also saw a couple of bad guys I've never seen before until this arena.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #470 of 850 Old 10-05-2012, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

You need to look at the tip jar....there should be an X to talk and Y to tip option when you look at it. I needed to tip her close to $14k before she gave me a weapon.

Oh man, I feel like an idiot, it was right there. Geez.

post #471 of 850 Old 10-05-2012, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monger View Post

Does anyone know how the slots at Moxxi's scale? I'm level 25 but it's still giving me level 18 weapons.

I believe they scale as you complete main story missions.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #472 of 850 Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:

L1 Sniper damage at 50 = L50 sniper damage at 50,000.

Why???

L1 enemy at 50 HP = L50 enemy at 50,000 HP.

It's a relative. This is why you're never, ever, ever going to get a god gun. EVER. I love the balance of this game!

On another note, I think I found a solution for you, mike. Dump your worthless Zero character in the trash and start a new game. Play as Axton. Once you deploy his turret (especially when you get the rocket add-ons, etc) you'll forget all about guns, since you'll already have THE best guns in the game; any time, every time, all the time. There's a very good reason that he calls his baby "the little missus" and "honey." Nothing like an instant friend on the battlefield...particularly one that shoots bullets, rockets, slag, AND has a shield. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I almost wish I had chose him for my solo game instead of Maya! eek.gif
post #473 of 850 Old 10-05-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, I do plan to try out the new character once it's released, but I'm not giving up on Zero. I may have to walk back from the revival zone more than I want, but I will finish the game.

Has anyone run across a grenade mod that has singularity AND mirv? My first attempt at Fink's Slaughterhouse ended badly when, as usual, I was mortally wounded and nobody was close enough to kill. If I could toss a grenade just before I'm about to die and it would spread out and do serious damage, I might get by a little better. Singularity seems the most serious to me, but one spot doesn't seem like enough. Not sure I'll ever be able to toss a grenade while dying.

Sure, I got through Wave 1 on my second try, but I'm not going back in without a few upgrades. Turns out that right now, the machines in Fink's are handing out Level 24 stuff to my Level 24 character. Traded in the Moxxxi SMGs for purple ones that do acceptable better damage, even if with no special effects. Blue Survivor mod is very good, but if a purple one drops I'll be VERY happy. Once I think that I've farmed out enough upgrades, I'll move on again...

post #474 of 850 Old 10-05-2012, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 61
I haven't seen a mirv singularity grenade yet, but I do have a sticky homing corrosive singularity grenade that is level 22 that works great for me in that scenario. Fink's is pretty brutal, but I like that the weapons and enemies seem to scale to my level. It's the one place I don't mind dying because I have a chance for some good loot.
post #475 of 850 Old 10-05-2012, 10:57 AM

Homing Incendiary Transfusion X 8, ftw.
post #476 of 850 Old 10-05-2012, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Axton rocks. I rarely die, well a lot less that others I play with. Deploy turret and stay out of heated battle. I'm working on the left most tree with 5 points used on the right most tree for health regen with full shields.

The skill choices are basically all geared to the turret and it absolutely wrecks things. Trying to get my recharge time as low as I can. Love the respect option so I can try different combos.
post #477 of 850 Old 10-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I love Axton. I'm getting close to being able to have the dual turrets and I can't wait for that insanity.

I'm also interested in trying out the soon to come mechromancer character. I've played a little Salvador and will probably play some more as him. I'm not that interested in Maya or Zero and haven't tried them yet.
post #478 of 850 Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:

Axton rocks. I rarely die, well a lot less that others I play with. Deploy turret and stay out of heated battle. I'm working on the left most tree with 5 points used on the right most tree for health regen with full shields.
The skill choices are basically all geared to the turret and it absolutely wrecks things. Trying to get my recharge time as low as I can. Love the respect option so I can try different combos.

Agreed. You're running the EXACT same skill tree as I am in my co-op game with the wife and kid. Hardly ever lose shields or go down.

I'm absolutely wrecking everything in sight with that sertup and I haven't even got the double guns yet! Imagine double guns with missles, slag, shields, and two turrets! cool.gif
post #479 of 850 Old 10-05-2012, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

A higher-level friend came by and helped me finish Fink's. Got the Achievement, and moved up two levels as we did it. When he had difficulty in his game, I jumped in as a decoy to draw fire and he was able to get his man.

Got out the Level 26 stuff I was given earlier, and immediately obsoleted the stuff I'd earned from Mordecai. Also the E-tech sniper, but my friend wanted it so it has a new home. I will want faster-firing ones ASAP, but there's time. Based on the Brick quest, I'm about 5 levels higher than I'm supposed to be, so if I can convince the machines to catch up I'll have even more decent stuff soon...

post #480 of 850 Old 10-05-2012, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed. You're running the EXACT same skill tree as I am in my co-op game with the wife and kid. Hardly ever lose shields or go down.

I'm absolutely wrecking everything in sight with that sertup and I haven't even got the double guns yet! Imagine double guns with missles, slag, shields, and two turrets! cool.gif

I started on the left tree but respec'd to the right and tried some different things there until someone was asking about turret damage on here. After that I've respec'd several times to get my turret damage as high as possible. Unfortunately there just isn't enough points to really get into more than one tree. Either your taking pieces of each or one all the way. The best I see getting now is two guns on one turret with a butt ton of rockets and accuracy or getting two mediocre turrets. I want to get high enough to respec over to the middle and see what the nuke does.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page