post #541 of 850 Old 10-09-2012, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

What I'd like to know is where n the hell you guys are finding the guns you have? Don't get me wrong, I've got some good stuff, but since level 32(I'm level 36 now) I haven't had any "wow factor" guns/shields. It's getting a little old. You wanna find a gun/shield ONCE IN A WHILE that's substantially better than your current stuff.
My next story mission is the end of the game. Sanctuary is set at Level 30 stuff max in the machines and the boxes, etc. Since I was carrying plenty of stuff well under 30, I had plenty of wow. I guess what *might* work for you is to progress your story as far as you feel comfortable, then check Sanctuary for what kind of gear is available. Don't move forward until you've upgraded so most of it is at Sanctuary's max.

Now, this gets into 'farming'. You can quit/continue in Sanctuary and get new inventories to look at and new loot in the boxes and lockers, but apparently REAL players don't farm. And Michael will hand you a Sanctuary-level blue-or-better item each time you find him, so there's that too.

I got to Sanctuary the first time and stayed there until I had farmed enough eridium to buy every black market item. Anyone can, unless they do need the Vault Hunter's relic to make it work. Most people won't because it's boring. I find dying because my equipment sucks to be boring. Maybe that's just me...

Oh, cultivate friends who are further along than you, join their game, and between deaths pick up loot to use later. Some drops in multiplayer games get REALLY good...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 850 Old 10-09-2012, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Just noticed a compatibility pack that's recommend for download from the main menu of the game. Recommended for co-op play so I downloaded it. Perhaps it will fix my shield issue.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #543 of 850 Old 10-09-2012, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post

Just noticed a compatibility pack that's recommend for download from the main menu of the game. Recommended for co-op play so I downloaded it. Perhaps it will fix my shield issue.
Did you get it to work? On my screen, the cost is -1 MSP and the attempt to download it fails since I don't have "enough" MSP at 50.

I'm thinking since I got the real Mechromancer download, I don't *need* it so maybe that's my issue...

post #544 of 850 Old 10-09-2012, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Patch was busted, but is fixed now. Good job getting on M$' f-up, Gearbox! smile.gif

Showed -1 M$ points, but then asked for 4,932,469,284 M$ points if you clicked on it. rolleyes.gif

I paid for the 4 billion M$ points since I didn't want to wait for the fix. wink.gif

Wife and son don't have Live, so our game is officially borked now. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
post #545 of 850 Old 10-09-2012, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

I am downloading the patch as I type.

Still wonder why I need it if I already had the one thing I thought needed compatibility. Perhaps there's more here than just Mechromancer support, like for DLC enemies...

post #546 of 850 Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

OK, if anything's broken in this game, it's the part where I should get a Second Wind and don't.

Went to Lynchwood to do Demon Hunter. Fight, get one Second Wind off a minion, carry on, need another one but only the boss seems left. Get it down to zero, and I mean ZERO health showing, but it's still moving somehow so I die. Get revived, load up with ammo, go back, and find the reward ready to collect. What? It's dead, but, somehow, I also had to die? Just like all the other times that it appeared that I had killed someone when I needed to and didn't get a Second Wind?

So, they have a strange way of determining if I killed someone when I need to, and that should be fixed. Or it's just meanness that some special coup de grâce is required on bosses, some finishing move that makes them really die.

Whatever. More XP, more loot...

post #547 of 850 Old 10-09-2012, 10:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Found in the ammo machine in Marcus' store as the Item of the Day: orange Sticky Homing Quasar.

From the red text wiki:

E=mc^(OMG)/wtf – Quasar: Pulls in enemies around it, causing period damage until it explodes for massive damage.

Can't wait to see what 'massive' is...

edit: Meh-sive is a better description. Random elemental, but if it exceeds the 4,000 or so damage rating I'll be surprised. This was with random skags and loaders, so some boss may be a better test. Not quite the mini-nuke I was hoping for...

post #548 of 850 Old 10-10-2012, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post

OK, if anything's broken in this game, it's the part where I should get a Second Wind and don't.
Went to Lynchwood to do Demon Hunter. Fight, get one Second Wind off a minion, carry on, need another one but only the boss seems left. Get it down to zero, and I mean ZERO health showing, but it's still moving somehow so I die. Get revived, load up with ammo, go back, and find the reward ready to collect. What? It's dead, but, somehow, I also had to die? Just like all the other times that it appeared that I had killed someone when I needed to and didn't get a Second Wind?
So, they have a strange way of determining if I killed someone when I need to, and that should be fixed. Or it's just meanness that some special coup de grâce is required on bosses, some finishing move that makes them really die.
Whatever. More XP, more loot...

Where you using elemental weapons of some type? Its possible you died and then after you were dead they died from being set on fire or something (exploding barrels or gas tanks). And with Demon Hunter mission its possible one of the bandits actually came out and gave the final blow to the Demon.
post #549 of 850 Old 10-10-2012, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHDTVDiet View Post

Where you using elemental weapons of some type? Its possible you died and then after you were dead they died from being set on fire or something (exploding barrels or gas tanks). And with Demon Hunter mission its possible one of the bandits actually came out and gave the final blow to the Demon.
Hmmm. I thought they were helpers, not hunters. It was the fancy E-tech fire elemental rocket launcher I was using. The 4x more powerful one I also carry would probably have worked better, but that's just hindsight. No matter what, the health bar was dead empty but the body kept walking.

This has happened before. Firehawk fight, loads of enemies, I'm going down, shooting everything I could in the more limited time I had back then, die, walk back, all I needed to do was fetch more eridium. Oh, yea, she single-handedly killed whatever was left, just in time for my return. Hah.

Other times, it seemed like a friend had delivered the final blow on somebody I was desperately trying to kill, but now I'm thinking that whatever they do to determine if Second Wind has been earned is screwy at best...

post #550 of 850 Old 10-10-2012, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Never had a single problem with Second Wind or any of our group
post #551 of 850 Old 10-10-2012, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Finished the game, last battle was really easy.

So, question, they talk about how the new game really starts now where everything is amped up, but after the credits I was left standing there. Am I already in the new game mode? Do I have to start a new game from the beginning and re-do the entire game, or do I use my beefed up character?

post #552 of 850 Old 10-10-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Never had a single problem with Second Wind or any of our group

Multiple playthroughs, never had a single problem. Never heard of anyone else ever having an issue either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Finished the game, last battle was really easy.
So, question, they talk about how the new game really starts now where everything is amped up, but after the credits I was left standing there. Am I already in the new game mode? Do I have to start a new game from the beginning and re-do the entire game, or do I use my beefed up character?

You go to the main menu, where you'll be given the option to continue either in "Normal Mode" or go to "Vault Hunter Mode." If you still have side quests or other things to do, go to normal. If you go to VHM, then you start a "new" game, but you'll be at your current level and have all your equipment, perks, etc...sort of like Playthrough +. Enemies will be much harder, better weapons drop, etc., but it's the same game, for the most part.
post #553 of 850 Old 10-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 167
If you're level 30 and not finished the story, I would suggest you finish because the true vault hunter mode (playthrough 2) gives you much better loot. Not saying the orange crap starts dropping more often. But the stats of things seemed to jump up a lot more. Shields were a big difference. I got a purple shield from the last boss that was much better than what I was wearing to kill him. Then within a few quests of the playthrough 2 I got a white shield that was even better than the purple I got from the boss.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #554 of 850 Old 10-10-2012, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Finished the game last night and started True Vault Hunter mode. A couple hours in and I decided I CANNOT play this mode by myself for the sake of my own sanity. Captain Flynt will not die. None of my weapons do enough damage. I'm teetering on level 36 Assassin. I don't mind the challenge but this is more frustrating than anything. Actually, now that the enemies are tougher I find myself hating the respawn system. Nothing like clearing an area only to go back through and get rushed. Seems like a lot of bad guys have shields now, which makes fights take even longer. I didn't have this issue playing alone before, but that was just the normal mode. I guess any minor complaints I had in normal mode are much more prominent now in TVHM.

All this boils down to a frustrating experience, for me anyway. I'm sure with some coop buddies it would be a lot more fun. I do like the XP in TVHM though, and that's what keeps me coming back. Perhaps it's time to start a new character class instead.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #555 of 850 Old 10-10-2012, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Spent all of Level 33 farming the Demon Hunter boss. Turns out the Quasar grenades are very boss-effective, and with lesser enemies the extra damage is just wasted. Although a few kunai seemed to make them MORE effective. The Level 33 Patriot Dart advertises fire but seemed to also toss in slag occasionally. Homing bullets don't pick any old target, so some initial targeting is required. Didn't die during this, but came close once while other times, it was over in a big hurry. Ah, randomness.

As far as Second Wind goes, if someone has no trouble, that's the way it goes. If someone doesn't see orange weapons, that's also the way it goes. Zero enemies left after I get back just seems fishy to me.

At Level 34, I have pulled out everything in storage. Shields are a touch better, but still under 6,000. Due to the number of purple Assassin mods dropped in my farming, I'll still be doing that for a while. The XP won't be 6100 per kill anymore, but the loot should still be good.

The plan is to finish sometime in the next week or so, then start the Mechromancer to see how that goes. Then maybe the Commando. One will go forward to the Level 50 Achievement, but I'm not sure which one. I have time to figure it out...

post #556 of 850 Old 10-10-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post

Finished the game last night and started True Vault Hunter mode. A couple hours in and I decided I CANNOT play this mode by myself for the sake of my own sanity. Captain Flynt will not die. None of my weapons do enough damage. I'm teetering on level 36 Assassin. I don't mind the challenge but this is more frustrating than anything. Actually, now that the enemies are tougher I find myself hating the respawn system. Nothing like clearing an area only to go back through and get rushed. Seems like a lot of bad guys have shields now, which makes fights take even longer. I didn't have this issue playing alone before, but that was just the normal mode. I guess any minor complaints I had in normal mode are much more prominent now in TVHM.
All this boils down to a frustrating experience, for me anyway. I'm sure with some coop buddies it would be a lot more fun. I do like the XP in TVHM though, and that's what keeps me coming back. Perhaps it's time to start a new character class instead.

TVM is work, even for those that have ran through the game 4-5 times already. Even with 3 buddies, it's not easy. Even with Purple, or Orange, or PerriwinkleMidnightAzurePearlescentOrgasmic equipment. That gun you love so much? Obsolete in 2 levels, max. Relacing inventory is required often.

It's designed to be a challenge, unlike the relative ease of the the first playthrough. This is a very, very, very good thing, imo.

That said, there's nothing wrong with trying out a new character and doing another first run for fun!
post #557 of 850 Old 10-10-2012, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

When you start a new (ongoing) game, do the prices for stuff in the machines at early locations go up to what was normal late in the previous playthrough?

Right now, it is FAR more economical to use ammo at Lynchwood, then travel to Three Horns - Valley to buy more. $10 for bullets is better than $215. Can't get rockets there though...

post #558 of 850 Old 10-11-2012, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Found my 10th orange item last night. The ammo machine in Three Horns - Valley sold me a Level 7 Fire Bee grenade mod. Shoved it into the shared storage, will see what it does later.

Good thing you only need 15 total to get the 100 Badass points...

post #559 of 850 Old 10-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
post #560 of 850 Old 10-11-2012, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Hot damn. Wasn't expecting it this soon, but that's one way to keep everyone hooked.

Guess I'm going to have to bite on season pass soon.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #561 of 850 Old 10-11-2012, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
No mention yet of any change to the level cap with the first DLC or any extra bonus to picking it up. An extra SDU or something would have been the minimum from the first game. Sounds like there's an embargo until next week, so maybe we'll get info the day before it drops.
post #562 of 850 Old 10-11-2012, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Took me like 12 tries, but I got the orange Level 4 Lobbed Bonus Package grenade mod from Boom for #11. Fremington's Edge got me the no-damage Badass points plus the grenade mod with acceptable levels of effort. Not sure I'll be able to ace Boom or Beum as easily in a second playthrough, especially after the crowd that'll be there in front of them, but getting a higher version would help a lot down the road.

This stuff that I could use earlier than getting to Sanctuary may call for a friend to drop it off...

post #563 of 850 Old 10-11-2012, 04:41 PM

Liked: 19
I just got that level 4 orange grenade today playing Mechromancer. That grenade is pretty nice.

XBox Live : Dash525
PSN ID : Dash525
post #564 of 850 Old 10-11-2012, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Much better end boss than the first one, still on the easy side. Going to hold off on that character for now - if it's anything like BL1, starting on the second playthrough would make him too strong for the DLC.
post #565 of 850 Old 10-11-2012, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Seriously, SERIOUSLY good drop. Now at Level 35 after many Demon Hunter boss fights. XP down to 2100 per fight, which is 1/3 of what it was a few levels ago. Not enough deaths to discourage me, and luckily so.

The drop included a purple relic. Loyalty, so it's not something I'll use, but when I equipped it along with my other good stuff, I got the Decked Out Achievement.

I'm going to alert my friends that it's in my safe in case they want to borrow it for a moment...

post #566 of 850 Old 10-12-2012, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Man, it is so hard to get past the opening part of the game, it is so boring and so long. I wish when you start a new character you could skip all that and just be on the way to sanctuary. Tired of playing that beginning over and over again with each character.

Loving the new character, brought the excitement back into the game for sure!!!

post #567 of 850 Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Man, it is so hard to get past the opening part of the game, it is so boring and so long. I wish when you start a new character you could skip all that and just be on the way to sanctuary. Tired of playing that beginning over and over again with each character.
Loving the new character, brought the excitement back into the game for sure!!!

Agreed. Playing the same area over and over again where there is no challenge or chance of dying isn't fun in any way. Unfortunately, in order to get the cheevos for the silly Salvador and worthless Zero, one must plod through the game until hitting the level where you can use their skills to get the 90 seconds of killing and 10 seconds of stealth. Didn't mind rolling with Axton, Maya, or Gaige, but the other two feel like work.
post #568 of 850 Old 10-12-2012, 02:08 PM

I am playing as Zero now and love it so maybe the other playthroughs will be even better. This game really is a blast but I agree it takes a little bit to build the character up to really start enjoying it. My biggest gripe is being too busy to play as much as I would like.
post #569 of 850 Old 10-12-2012, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Zero is great with his stacking crits. Probably better to play with a team though, the Mechro and Axton are really helped out with their powers being able to revive them with kills - depending on playstyle, Zero could be hard or boring to play solo.
post #570 of 850 Old 10-13-2012, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Zero is OK. Picking up decent equipment helps. Saturn was not easy the first time, but what I picked up, the Hive rocket launcher, made the second time far easier. Kinda wish the loot near there stayed as good as the first visit...

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page