post #631 of 847 Old 10-23-2012, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

You have the right type of weapon. If you're still having trouble, I'd suggest tipping Moxxi until you get Moxxi's Good Touch. That will make Opportunity (and all other robot-infested areas) a breeze.

Early on Moxxi gives me various elemental damage type SMGs, but I've played two characters and at a certain point for both of them, Moxxi starts giving me only flame elemental SMGs... has anyone else run into this?

Small sample size I guess, but is this a glitch or normal game experience?

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 847 Old 10-23-2012, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post

Early on Moxxi gives me various elemental damage type SMGs, but I've played two characters and at a certain point for both of them, Moxxi starts giving me only flame elemental SMGs... has anyone else run into this?
Small sample size I guess, but is this a glitch or normal game experience?
We only got flame SMG's as well. My first was past level 15 or so.
post #633 of 847 Old 10-23-2012, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by htskinner View Post

We only got flame SMG's as well. My first was past level 15 or so.

That's interesting. I only got corrosive SMGs from her, one at around level 19 and the other around level 28 I think.

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

post #634 of 847 Old 10-23-2012, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
post #635 of 847 Old 10-23-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
I've read that you can only get one corrosive per playthrough, but I don't think that's right as I've only managed to get one corrosive overall - across my characters. I think it's glitched. I have quite a few fire SMG's - I'd say they're a dime a dozen, but I spent quite a few duckets on that who-ah....mostly trying to get another corrosive.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #636 of 847 Old 10-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post

If they are effective against armor, they are corrosive weapons. Look at the weapon stats, at the bottom is will list the chance each shot will deal elemental damage (corrosive in this case) and the amount of elemental damage that will be dealt per second. So if the weapon has a 25% chance to deal and does 100 points per second, that means for each shot you hit the enemy with (or each shot you fire??) there is a 25% chance you will do elemental damage at 100 points per second. You will know that you are doing elemental damage because there will be green damage numbers flying away from the enemy, indicating the elemental damage.

Thanks for explaining that. I really need to sit down and learn the different weapons types better. Now that I used my corrosive weapons and took my time I was able to fairly easily beat Jack's double. No I am at the section to get past those 4 barriers. Was frustrating at first but got through the first 2.

Am I near the end of the game? Being only level 23 I would surmise I have a fair amount of main missions left but just curious as I have about 15 side missions I should go back and beat if I am near the end.

Gamertag: Quicksilver1663
PSN: ujustshaturpants
post #637 of 847 Old 10-23-2012, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolshark69 View Post

Thanks for explaining that. I really need to sit down and learn the different weapons types better. Now that I used my corrosive weapons and took my time I was able to fairly easily beat Jack's double. No I am at the section to get past those 4 barriers. Was frustrating at first but got through the first 2.
Am I near the end of the game? Being only level 23 I would surmise I have a fair amount of main missions left but just curious as I have about 15 side missions I should go back and beat if I am near the end.

Not quite yet. You will know when you get to near the last mission since its called something like "finish this". You can do all of your side missions before that or wait and do them after you complete the main story but I would do them to help prepare for the last mission.
post #638 of 847 Old 10-23-2012, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:

I'd agree that Zero is the worst of the bunch by a mile.
I disagree. Zero just requires more patience. Getting to Level 36 (mostly) on my own before finishing the game required dying a few extra times, but it was fine. Those Level 29 Quasar grenades I lucked into helped a LOT though.

Meanwhile I was working my way through the midget burning mission with Gaige and my Deathtrap decided to go all the way to the top of the complex and battle Flynt on his own. Apparently once that happens Flynt goes on a suicidal rampage firing down at you, and it was easy to pick him off with a plain sniper. So I expect a far easier time, especially when I can hand Gaige those Quasars in about 15-1/2 levels...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #639 of 847 Old 10-23-2012, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

so now I'm on the key code hunt with the rest of you nerds.
so much so I'm checking Randy Pitchford's Twitter acct. every couple of hours.
ugh.
post #640 of 847 Old 10-23-2012, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

That's interesting. I only got corrosive SMGs from her, one at around level 19 and the other around level 28 I think.
She's tricky. Sometimes she SAYS she's handing over a weapon and nothing appears in her hand. The richer you are, the higher the tip required. That's OK for a second character, because a previous character can provide plenty of money and colored loot to build up the Badass points. I'd suggest saving just before trying to tip her, and if the cost seems unreasonable, exit to the desktop and try again.

I may eventually get all available characters as far as Sanctuary, have 27 bank slots for each so I can store things, and see how high I can get the Badass score before the cap on one individual spec is reached. I'm focusing on Reload Speed now since sometimes I miss killing Terramorphous in two bursts and a third without a mod change would be nice...

post #641 of 847 Old 10-23-2012, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

so now I'm on the key code hunt with the rest of you nerds.
so much so I'm checking Randy Pitchford's Twitter acct. every couple of hours.
ugh.
The ones tweeted at 2AM are the most annoying. Sure, servicing people beyond my time zone is important, but I still feel like I'm missing out when I'm not still up. Last one, I was. Still haven't seen any Android software that would alert me to specific text in a tweet that always accompanies one that brings a SHIFT code...

post #642 of 847 Old 10-23-2012, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Finally got a "wow" gun. Assault rifle w/ 33,000 damage + explosive-nice!

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #643 of 847 Old 10-24-2012, 12:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Up late powerleveling a friend. Found a purple Professional mod that boosted reload enough to be useful, but was still tagged a few times by Terramorphous anyway. I *really* need to put some more weapons away since I have zero room to pick extra anything up...

post #644 of 847 Old 10-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
So I am not a big fan of the save feature of this game. Maybe its on my part for not understanding it but...

I make it to the section where there is a bad ass constrictor above you on the mission to defeat the bunker. I had beat the first constrictor, the couple of waves of enemies at the top of the hill and used a corrosive sniper to take out that constrictor on the second level leading up to the bunker. I know there was a "save" point at the top of hill so I decided to go to bed. Start my game last night and I have to start way back at the entrance to Thousand Cuts and fight my way through those 2 annoying "levels" again. ???

So I forced myself to make it to the fight with the bunker. I have probably 10 shots needed to defeat it......and I back up and fall off the cliff. frown.gif No when I light it up tonight I have no idea where it will start me this time.

Gamertag: Quicksilver1663
PSN: ujustshaturpants
post #645 of 847 Old 10-24-2012, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Once you get past an entrance, either walk-in or teleport, that's USUALLY the place restarting will put you, no matter how far in you walked earlier. Even if you killed everything in sight and quit, they'll usually be back when you continue, which supports farming them. An objective in that area really needs to be achieved before quitting or it could go on forever, with less XP as you level up trying to do it.

Sure, it'd be nice if the farming part would only kick in after the objective is over, but that's not the way it works. When I'm tired, I don't start something that looks like it'll take a while to finish. At best I'll move to the next area and wait to restart there. Often that means a spot to buy ammo anyway...

post #646 of 847 Old 10-24-2012, 10:36 AM

Liked: 93
Fast travel stations. When you come back to the game it will be at the last Fast Travel station you used. The non-travel blinking beacons that you activate as you work through a level are respawn points, but progress through those does not save.
post #647 of 847 Old 10-24-2012, 05:06 PM

Liked: 123
New Shift Code:

kj53b-rrrrkx-b6xjr-wrtt3-wbh3r

So many keys...so little need. smile.gif
post #648 of 847 Old 10-24-2012, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Dr. Mercy just dropped Gaige a Level 8 Rapid Infinity. Such a nice guy...

post #649 of 847 Old 10-24-2012, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So many keys...so little need. smile.gif
Yea, I'm up to 7 keys now thanks to you pointing this out. With Gaige's luck in orange so far the need to use them hasn't been there, but if she starts bogging down in her late teen's I'll try for something from the chest.

A friend wanted some help in his TVHM game, and it turned out to be the final boss in the DLC which suited my Level 50 Zero. So now I have the Achievement for that fight and can, ummm, start doing the DLC in my game. Seems odd, but when a friend needs help you go in.

However, my friend and I also picked up the Hyperius quest and felt like trying him out. Still in the TVHM game, we made it to his arena and tried our best but failed miserably. I invited another friend who told me he'd won before, but he wondered why the heck we were doing that in a TVHM game. He died with us a few more times, then we moved to his Normal game. Along with someone who wandered into the game because the door was unlocked, we beat him but I died at the same time as Hyperius so my triumph wasn't as great as everyone else's. No amazing loot that I saw, but I did get some of the crystals toward an eventual weapon purchase. Not a bad deal when all I had been doing was fighting the same skags over and over with Gaige...

Oh, one detail that became obvious way too late. If you don't have one pistol bullet left, the Infinity pistols shut down too...

post #650 of 847 Old 10-24-2012, 11:06 PM

Lol. Hyperius is a cakewalk compared to Master Gee. Good luck with him!
post #651 of 847 Old 10-25-2012, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I don't remember seeing anything over here yet about this, but there was a post from Gearbox on the official forums noting that 360 players shouldn't use the public lobby option for some time.
Apparently the modders have gotten a hold of something in the game and have been bouncing around and corrupting random games for giggles and grins. It didn't sound like it was just the typical overpowered/overleveled guns either, something they could do that would actually corrupt the save file you have for that character.
post #652 of 847 Old 10-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Well that sucks considering most of my playing has been with randoms. Guess I'll have to wait until they patch it to go near that again.

Xbox Gamertag: matteoms

Official Member of the Joy Puke Your Face Off Club.
post #653 of 847 Old 10-25-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewdpost View Post

I don't remember seeing anything over here yet about this, but there was a post from Gearbox on the official forums noting that 360 players shouldn't use the public lobby option for some time.
Apparently the modders have gotten a hold of something in the game and have been bouncing around and corrupting random games for giggles and grins. It didn't sound like it was just the typical overpowered/overleveled guns either, something they could do that would actually corrupt the save file you have for that character.

Thanks for the update. I never play with randoms, but it seems the d-bags have found their way to this game, like so many others. frown.gif
post #654 of 847 Old 10-25-2012, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Lol. Hyperius is a cakewalk compared to Master Gee. Good luck with him!

Ok Spyder, what's your secret?
I can't kill Hyperious with my lvl 50 Commando despite having The Bee, The Bitch, & the Conference Call.
post #655 of 847 Old 10-25-2012, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Even if you do kill all the minions, Hyperius is way tough. A group fell short several times today. I only have one kill on my Badass list.

Best technique for my Assassin: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
move in a circle around everybody, using Deception and kunai to Mark the minions For Death, which works best on the unshielded ones which is easier to see while in Deception mode. Your team should be instructed to focus on the minion(s) with 0 above their head. Also, I noticed that the minions with a yellow link to Hyperius seemed to regularly be unprotected, but that could have been a fluke. Singularity grenades to pull them together works so damage can be focused in one area, but I'm not sure the electric damage ones I have are helping a lot. If I get decent corrosive singularity ones I'll try them.

When you see no shield around Hyperius, kunai him and call it out to the team. It doesn't last long.

Shoot all the time while moving. Infinity pistol plus Bee is OK since you can lay on the damage forever. Hold off on the other ammo until Hyperius is alone since even the SMG goes dead quickly with little effect.

Once the minions are gone, it's time to pile the hurt onto Hyperius. If enough teammates are still fighting the chances are the team will land enough damage to kill him. He likes to stomp on you when you're alone, which happened several times to me today.

I would suggest mods that boost team stats on the teammates that don't have super self-enhancing ones. Blood of Terramorphous isn't all that effective, so if I find a relic that boosts cooldown a LOT I'm switching. Be prepared for each rocket attack he launches to knock your Bee completely out and steal like 89% of your health. The Legendary Hunter mod that restores health on each Deception and speeds up the cooldown to 9 seconds is a decent tool.
Somebody else may call it differently, but I live longer while moving...

post #656 of 847 Old 10-25-2012, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Twitter stuff:
Quote:
We'll be posting five sets of codes across 24 hours, specifically:

Friday, October 26 - 6PM CT (What time is that for me?)
Friday, October 26 - 11PM CT (What time is that for me?)
Saturday, October 27 - 5AM CT (What time is that for me?)
Saturday, October 27 - 11AM CT (What time is that for me?)
Saturday, October 27 - 3PM CT (What time is that for me?)

PC update, which may hit the 360 in some form or another...
Quote:
Update v1.1.3 (Released 10/25/2012)

Added a toggle for whether textures should fade or pop in when a higher-resolution version loads. High-end computers can disable this to avoid seeing lower-resolution textures streaming in.
Added the ability to reset all challenge progress for a character once they've completed 85% of all non-DLC, non-area-specific challenge levels. This will keep the player's current challenge bonuses and rank, but reset all challenge progress to 0 and allow challenges to be re-completed for additional ranks and bonuses. Resetting is available on the "challenges" screen of the status menu and will display as a tooltip at the bottom of the screen if the player has met the criteria.
Fixed a bug where profile files set to "read only" were not being saved.
Fixed a performance issue in Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty content with PhysX set to Medium or High.

post #657 of 847 Old 10-25-2012, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe I'm the last to know this, but if you hit A on the ECHO device in your backpack it plays then disappears. Didn't even think of that until I was in desperate need of space...

post #658 of 847 Old 10-25-2012, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post

Even if you do kill all the minions, Hyperius is way tough. A group fell short several times today. I only have one kill on my Badass list.

Somebody else may call it differently, but I live longer while moving...

Dudereno and I just too him down in 30sec.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Using The Baby Maker, just count to 3 and then pull the trigger while spamming "X" for reload. You'll take him down before his shields go up. Then you just mop up his minions.
post #659 of 847 Old 10-26-2012, 12:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

Dudereno and I just too him down in 30sec.
I have the tool, I just didn't have the correct deployment idea. Will see how it goes. Thanks.

Meanwhile, Best Terramorphous Chest Item Ever:

post #660 of 847 Old 10-26-2012, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Level 45 and my items just suck so bad. My sniper rifle does 8,000 but no elemental effect. My shotgun seems pretty good, it does 3,800 X 17 with explosion. Nothing else is close to 6K or 7K damage with elemental. This is on the second play through (true vault hunter mode). Anyone have suggestions on where to go to get some good stuff? I haven't beaten the game a second time yet. I am just past the fridge, and back in Sanctuary, next main quest is the wildlife refugee. I was thinking maybe the DLC (I did purchase it, haven't done it yet). Any help would be appreciated as I need better gear.

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page