AVS Forum banner

Borderlands 2

Tags
gaming
42K views 849 replies 70 participants last post by  rightintel 
#1 ·
Borderlands 2 was officially announced yesterday and is going to have a big write-up in this month's Game Informer.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...0-3458572.aspx

Looks like it's scheduled to be released sometime in the 2012 FY, so post-April of 2012.

More details are supposed to come at GameCon(?) and PAX Prime this fall.

#705 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDiggers  /t/1351636/borderlands-2/690#post_22544156

Sorry, Noob question here: Is there a way to set the difficulty of the game? I went into Options but didn't see anything on point. Thanks.
Normal is the only one you get to start. True Vault Hunter is unlocked once you win. Don't know of any other valid difficulties...

#706 ·
Ammo chest gave Salvador an orange Level 8 Bowie Maggie pistol, which I can't find any specs on. Decent for the level, but unless the specialness reveals itself I'll probably give it to a collector friend...

#708 ·
Unlock Zer0’s spooky "Hornet's Nest" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5J53B-J96HW-F9FBX-CFTT3-FTFXS

#709 ·

Quote:
Unlock the Mechromancer's spooky "Stinger Missile" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKTJ-696S5-R9RB6-5RTT3-BTS3H

#711 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969  /t/1351636/borderlands-2/690#post_22547042

Kind of bummed that all the "spooky" costumes are so lame and similar. Bees don't really scare me.

Want to really scare my socks off? Start doling out Mia Love heads for the characters.

They are ok if you imagine them as Stryper tribute skins.

#712 ·
I plan on leaving those skins on for a while. Kind of a team thing.

Did some BNK-3R farming for a change of pace. Got a few Level 26 Sham shields, passed one on to a friend who dropped in, saving the other to collect Badass points. Nothing else exciting there, so we went back to Terramorphous. Orange Gunnerang popped out of a chest. If it tries to kill me like its baby brother did way back when Rakkman dropped it, it's going to some collector somewhere...

#714 ·
#715 ·
So got my siren to level 50. Want to start a new character, any recommendation on one that is good? I was thinking the mechromancer but not sure. I was thinking assassain because I love the sniper rifles so much in the game. I am turn. Anyone try them all and found one you think stands out???

#716 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR  /t/1351636/borderlands-2/690#post_22553036

So got my siren to level 50. Want to start a new character, any recommendation on one that is good? I was thinking the mechromancer but not sure. I was thinking assassain because I love the sniper rifles so much in the game. I am turn. Anyone try them all and found one you think stands out???

I haven't tried them all, but I found the mechromancer to be a lot more fun than Zero, mainly due to her Deathtrap ability - Zero's is weak by comparison, IMO.

#717 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR  /t/1351636/borderlands-2/690#post_22553036

I played my characters in this order; Siren, Commando, Gunzerker, Assassin, Mechromancer, but I only played with Gaige last because she wasn't available yet.

Looking back, I'd say that the characters rank thusly:

1. Maya. If you pick the right build she's deadly and virtually unbeatable. She can turn the tide of battle with a flick of the wrist.

2. Gaige. Her robot is like having a co-op buddy in solo, but better, since he never runs off or does stupid stuff. Very, very close second to the Siren.

3. Axton. Nearly the same as Gaige, but the turret doesn't move around. Barely below the top 2. Barely.

4. Salvadore. Bullet waster that spends alot of time in fight for your life mode. The gap between the gunzerker and the top 3 is pretty large.

5. Zero. Ridiculously distant last place. Junk character that's both boring and weak. Best used for storage only, if at all. Get his cheevo and forget it.

NOTE: ANY character can snipe well, so don't let that sway you to play with a trash one over one that's fun, powerful, and useful!

#718 ·
I've only finished with Zero so far. Everybody else is moving forward slowly. Zero is a superb one-on-one character which is hard to accomplish with crowds of enemies, so he gets picked on a lot. Gaige has the best power if you want to stand and watch.

Totally dislike the Gunzerker. Just taking the skill list, there's nothing at the bottom of any of his that *I* want to dig down to. Zero had kunai, which totally ROCK. Axton's is OK but the bottom of one doesn't set you up with enough good features. Haven't reached the bottom of others yet so I don't know if the journey is worth it. Zero got there normally but I power-leveled Axton to un-lame the turret. I'm probably going to power-level Salvador just to get the job over with. I just hope I still have friends who play the game when I need that. The crowd thinned out a touch when Assassin's Creed 3 came out...

#719 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969  /t/1351636/borderlands-2/690#post_22553230

I played my characters in this order; Siren, Commando, Gunzerker, Assassin, Mechromancer, but I only played with Gaige last because she wasn't available yet.

1. Maya. If you pick the right build she's deadly and virtually unbeatable. She can turn the tide of battle with a flick of the wrist.

2. Gaige. Her robot is like having a co-op buddy in solo, but better, since he never runs off or does stupid stuff. Very, very close second to the Siren.

3. Axton. Nearly the same as Gaige, but the turret doesn't move around. Barely below the top 2. Barely.

4. Salvadore. Bullet waster that spends alot of time in fight for your life mode. The gap between the gunzerker and the top 3 is pretty large.

5. Zero. Ridiculously distant last place. Junk character that's both boring and weak. Best used for storage only, if at all. Get his cheevo and forget it.
NOTE: ANY character can snipe well, so don't let that sway you to play with a trash one over one that's fun, powerful, and useful!

Zero kicks ass if you build him to NOT snipe. If you think he's boring or weak, that's because you were playing him to be boring and weak. I'd put Axton/Maya/Zero all at the top. Mechro does deal out the damage, I just haven't played it that much.

#720 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969  /t/1351636/borderlands-2/700_50#post_22553230

Awesome, thanks, just what I was lookng for!!!!

#721 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow  /t/1351636/borderlands-2/690#post_22553429

Zero kicks ass if you build him to NOT snipe. If you think he's boring or weak, that's because you were playing him to be boring and weak.
Amen...

#722 ·
Some of my friends started discussing Tiny Tina as a way to level up. I looked up some YouTube videos and it seemed easy enough; I'd done the 'trick' accidentally once as part of my first playthrough. However, any reference to "infinite XP" is either outdated or was never truthful in the first place. While the first two levels I advanced were *OK* due to Badass points being accumulated, It's going to take quite the while to get through a third.

Key chest does have DECENT drops, but some lemons still happen. Gaige got a decent sniper and E-Tech shotgun in one opening. Salvador got two grenades, then a rocket launcher, then two MORE grenades, and finally a sniper/E-Tech sniper combo. One key left now...

#723 ·
Tiny Tina's "tea party failure" is THE way to power level, hands down. Upwards of 6,500 XP every 2-3 seconds makes Terramorphus' 20K in 2-3 minutes (after all the running, leaving, and coming back, etc.) look like an utter joke. Since I had absolutely "zero" use for the craptastic Zer0, I power leveled him up to the 30 levels required to get the cheevo and be done with his uninspired and weak ass forever...aside from being everyone else's weapons caddy. Took about 5-6 minutes to get from L1 to L30, tops. Key is to get a L50 that has left the mission open to do the killing. Park the lower level character on Tina and just keep accepting, failing, and repeating until you get the desired level.

While I'm not usually a fan of doing something like this, having the ability to power level Zer0 was a gift from the heavens. (I didn't level up any other characters on their way to 50, since that would be a travesty!
)

Note: STILL sitting on 15 keys to date...and counting.

#724 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969  /t/1351636/borderlands-2/720#post_22557391

Tiny Tina's "tea party failure" is THE way to power level, hands down. Upwards of 6,500 XP every 2-3 seconds makes Terramorphus' 20K in 2-3 minutes (after all the running, leaving, and coming back, etc.) look like an utter joke
Hang on. My Mechromancer results varied from yours.

Killing the party guest at Level 18 gave me a whopping 760 XP per kill. At 19, 285 XP. I gave up and went Terramorphous hunting for eridium and XP.

Are you saying that each and every kill, no matter the level of the killer, is/was giving you over 6.000 Xp that didn't dwindle at all? And how do you get that every few seconds when you have to run, kill, run, get quest again, repeat?...

#725 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul  /t/1351636/borderlands-2/720#post_22557538

Hang on. My Mechromancer results varied from yours.

Killing the party guest at Level 18 gave me a whopping 760 XP per kill. At 19, 285 XP. I gave up and went Terramorphous hunting for eridium and XP.

Are you saying that each and every kill, no matter the level of the killer, is/was giving you over 6.000 Xp that didn't dwindle at all? And how do you get that every few seconds when you have to run, kill, run, get quest again, repeat?...

As I said before:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969  /t/1351636/borderlands-2/720#post_22557391

Key is to get a L50 that has left the mission open to do the killing. Park the lower level character on Tina and just keep accepting, failing, and repeating until you get the desired level.

You missed the point entirely or didn't read it thoroughly. Let's say that I'm level 50 and you're level 1. I sit in front of Fleshstick's spawn and just stand there, killing him over and over and over again. You stand in front of Tina and just keep accepting the mission over and over and over again while I shoot the party guest, making the mission fail every 2-3 seconds. NO running involved whatsoever. In fact, nobody moves at all. You want the lower level character to join the higher level one's game, since Fleshstick will be at the level of the host. The higer the host level, the more XP, obviously. Even if you were L19 and I were L50, you'd still be getting absurd XP points.

In this scenario, I don't get anything out of this power-level glitch, but you level up at a ridiculous rate that makes farming Terramorphus feel like it takes an eternity for that paltry 20K. (6K X 40 = 240K in 2 mins, versus 20K in the same time is a no-brainer.) This isn't something one would do for characters one would actually enjoy playing the game with (Gaige, Axton, Maya) but it's great for Zer0 and Salvadore so that you can get to L30 and get their cheevos quickly without having to actually "play" with them. Once you hit 30, you can just use Zer0's "skill" on the first pack of Bullymongs you see, get the achievement, and be done with him forever. WOOT!
As for Salvadore, you can get 90 seconds of gunzerking easily in Frostburn Canyon if you have the perk that gives you more GZ time for each kill. It's pretty obvious that Gearbox knew who the good characters were and the bad, given the fact that the 3 good ones require you to actually play the game and kill 100 enemies with the skills, while the 2 crap ones only require you to power level and complete a simple task that takes only seconds.

Now, perhaps you can explain how you supposedly go about killing Terramorphus at L18?

#726 ·
New Shift code up with the new Claptrap web series video (no youtube link yet, but is up on Borderlands Facebook):

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: KBW3T-JT9ZK-F9FJF-K63TB-CBT3K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.