Borderlands 2 - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 850 Old 09-18-2012, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Yeah man, It detects gamesaves from BL1 and gives you a different head and skin to choose from when selecting your character.

XBL Gamertag: CoolZero78

Current Games: COD: Ghosts

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 850 Old 09-18-2012, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Gamefly shipment notice, but I'm guessing my notice of ground shipping will cost me a few days but I'm cheap...Getting nervous about the preorder bonuses. Some sites seemed to indicate that all preorders would get the bonuses and others just certain retailers. I'll be a little unhappy if that is so. Not in the spending mood unless this game just blows me away like the first did. Then again I didn't finish Knoxx and didn't buy the ninja claptrap one at all.

Nexus, the preorder bonuses aren't going to be that big of a deal. An arena to kill beasts in? Hmmm...sounds like Moxxi's to me. Was that the funnest time you ever had in the game? rolleyes.gif Free is great, but I doubt I'll be spending much time there.

A couple of guns to start out with? In a world with "bajillions" of them, a couple aren't going to turn the tide.

Mechromancer? That could be interesting. Saves $10, so that actually is a bonus if you're planning on playing the game 5 times or 5 games at once. Still, you've got 4 others to choose from.

I actually pre-bought all the DLCs at 25% off today as well, so I'm set on this for good now. smile.gif That said, I dont think you'll be missing out on much, even if the worst comes to pass.

It just bums me out that I did in fact preorder it to get a few things that were included in "all" preorders only to find out all means only three retailers stock. Should have just left it a rental and saved my dough. Don't so much care about the arena and I'll most likely go through it once+ plus a couple start stops to see what the other characters play like but it's the principle of it.

Once it does finally arrive in 4 to 7 business days I'm stuck trying to figure out if I want to bother with coop the first time through. By the time mine arrives most people are going to be well ahead and probably not too patient while a noob runs through their silly side quests.

Just feel burned in every way on this. Could have picked it today at lunch for the same $ same version and wouldn't have been as bummed.
post #183 of 850 Old 09-18-2012, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 61
So what's the best way to go about using the vault key? Grab the gun right away since you don't see too many good weapons in the beginning or what until you level up so you get a gun worth keeping?
post #184 of 850 Old 09-18-2012, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monger View Post

So what's the best way to go about using the vault key? Grab the gun right away since you don't see too many good weapons in the beginning or what until you level up so you get a gun worth keeping?
My plan: play until I get to a point where I can't kill something with any gun I've managed to locate, then see what comes out of that box. If it's THAT good, it'll make a difference. If it's not, it's just another pre-order boondoggle that didn't pan out...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #185 of 850 Old 09-18-2012, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post

My plan: play until I get to a point where I can't kill something with any gun I've managed to locate, then see what comes out of that box. If it's THAT good, it'll make a difference. If it's not, it's just another pre-order boondoggle that didn't pan out...

I think it's just a purple weapon, but the weapon scales to whatever level you are at the time you grab it.
post #186 of 850 Old 09-18-2012, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monger View Post

I think it's just a purple weapon, but the weapon scales to whatever level you are at the time you grab it.
Aw, heck. The gold weapons were the ones I spent days, real-time DAYS, trying to get in BL1. The trip to the bunch of boxes located together in that one building was a waste if I didn't see one gold (or alien) one.

The gun that got me through the main quest fired the entire clip when zoomed, and delivered multiple element effects at the same time. I want one of THOSE again...

post #187 of 850 Old 09-18-2012, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
what is the vault key and did I get it with my Amazon preorder?? lol, sorry borderlands noob here....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
shut your mouth buc!

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #188 of 850 Old 09-18-2012, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post

what is the vault key and did I get it with my Amazon preorder?? lol, sorry borderlands noob here.... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
shut your mouth buc!

Yeah, its the golden key that came with your preorder. It's a one time use key that opens a gold chest and gets you a rarish weapon. You reach it a few hours into the game. I don't know why I called it a vault key.

post #189 of 850 Old 09-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
yeah, I screwed up and opened that chest not realizing it was my golden key deal. Opened it at level 7 and got 2 purple grenade mods I really didn't want.

You can get a second golden key by signing up for Gearbox Shift in the Extras menu. It's free. So I'm saving that one for a much later level.
post #190 of 850 Old 09-18-2012, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevername View Post

yeah, I screwed up and opened that chest not realizing it was my golden key deal. Opened it at level 7 and got 2 purple grenade mods I really didn't want.
You can get a second golden key by signing up for Gearbox Shift in the Extras menu. It's free. So I'm saving that one for a much later level.
Nice to know. Both things. Thanks.

Still letting the Orc hit me in Skyrim. When I get to Level 73, where the skill point in Alchemy will let me smith the best stuff, I'm stopping until Borderlands 2 is over...

post #191 of 850 Old 09-18-2012, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Finally, after all this time it's here-EUREKA!

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #192 of 850 Old 09-18-2012, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Only two nitpicks with the game so far:

1 - can pick up ammo types that you already have full
2 - car is a little harder to drive
post #193 of 850 Old 09-18-2012, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
not feeling the game at all... FOV is too narrow, textures are non-existant... controls don't feel as fluid as the first.... going to give it some more time obviously, but so far not really happy with the game, at least not on xbox.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #194 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Yeah, the field of view is a little wonky. I did notice that.

When should I start playing co-op with people? Do they have to come down to my level to play? Meaning if I'm on the third mission and they're on the sixth, I should invite them?
post #195 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
You should have them join in your game if they are ahead of you. If I recall, you can still get credit for some sidequests if you join their game, but if you hadn't completed certain story missions, then completing them in their game wouldn't count towards your progress (you still get all the XP) - you'd have to redo them on your own or as a host in another session.

I didn't notice any issues with the FOV, but can't say I really focused on it. I agree with Jon that I'm not a fan of the ammo pickups - both the fact that you can pick up ammo you have full and that you auto-pickup ammo on the ground (which is hit or miss). Not an issue when soloing, but I don't want to auto-pickup sniper ammo if someone else in the party needs it and I'm not using a sniper rifle.

I will say this one feels a lot more challenging then the first so far.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #196 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
I believe if the person hosting is ahead and you do some of their quests, you are given the option to skip them when you go back to solo.

Got my commando to level 8 last night and had a ball. A few minor issues but overall an improvement over the first game.

It seems like the UI for skill points, inventory, etc. was smushed to accommodate split screen.

Ammo seems much harder to come by than in the first one. There were several times last night were I was out of ammo on a favorite gun and having to switch to something else.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
post #197 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juke_box View Post

Yeah man, It detects gamesaves from BL1 and gives you a different head and skin to choose from when selecting your character.

Well that's bogus, I played BL1 on my other xbox. I'm going to have to try and move the game save over or install the game on that xbox. I was hoping it would go by achievement points which I have 1500 of from the first game.
post #198 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

You're not missing much. The skins are kinda 'meh' imo.

post #199 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67
How many vault keys should I start out with ? I currently have 3 keys and I'm not sure where the 3rd one came from. I got one from the Amazon pre-order code, and one from signing up for shift. In-game I thought it said I had 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoman View Post

You're not missing much. The skins are kinda 'meh' imo.

I don't even think I used them and stuck with one of the regular skins.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #200 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

yeah, apparently some lucky people are getting a glitched 3rd key and a few are even getting a 4th. There's just supposed to be 2.
post #201 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 1378
Any deals on this? I could go for some borderlands, but dunno if I could go for $60 worth.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #202 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Had a blast with the game last night! For some reason I couldn't get into the first one, but I'm liking the sequel so far. I started out with Axton and reached level 8 last night. I actually like the visuals and the interface. It seems like there is a pseudo day/night cycle which is cool. The BadAss rank system is a lot fun and will definitely keep things fresh I think. At least early on, I was leveling up pretty quick. I think I was at 47 when I quit.

Just played solo yesterday but will be jumping on for some co-op with friends tonight. Can't wait!

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

post #203 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Any deals on this? I could go for some borderlands, but dunno if I could go for $60 worth.

There were quite a few pre-order deals that had the price around $40 but most now are between $50 and $60.

post #204 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoman View Post

There were quite a few pre-order deals that had the price around $40 but most now are between $50 and $60.

Anyone else pre-ordering the DLC? Looks like you save $10.

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

post #205 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

Anyone else pre-ordering the DLC? Looks like you save $10.

I will after my vacation. biggrin.gif

post #206 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Lot of issues with this game, really rough around the edges.
- Graphics seem worse then 1. No textures, not very nice to look at.
- The "feeL of walking, etc. seems off and distracting.
- Open a chest and if it rises up, then you have to re-orient the camera just to pick stuff up. Ugh.
- Why if you hold X to take everything it then replaces the weapon with what you have, forcing to re-do it. Should just go into inventory or another button to equip.
- Hate that when you load a save, EVERYTHING is back, all enemies, all chests/objects, etc. can be re-opened. Really ruins the need to explore in this game.
- I did a quest, killed the mini-boss, looted everything, turned around, and everything started respawning, enemies were re-appearing out of buildings, etc. I ran, and everything I did on my way to the quest was back, all enemies, all chests/objects could be opened again, really, really lame.
- The abilities to select with skill points seems really limited in that there is nothing to select that does anything, everything seems to be extra damage, extra this, etc. Nothing like summon a flock of birds like the first game (or whatever that power was). Not really looking forward to leveling up as it is just going to give me a small chance to do some extra damage.

Not enjoying myself yet. Will stick with it, but I am worried.

post #207 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

- Open a chest and if it rises up, then you have to re-orient the camera just to pick stuff up. Ugh.
- Why if you hold X to take everything it then replaces the weapon with what you have, forcing to re-do it. Should just go into inventory or another button to equip.
- Hate that when you load a save, EVERYTHING is back, all enemies, all chests/objects, etc. can be re-opened. Really ruins the need to explore in this game.
- I did a quest, killed the mini-boss, looted everything, turned around, and everything started respawning, enemies were re-appearing out of buildings, etc. I ran, and everything I did on my way to the quest was back, all enemies, all chests/objects could be opened again, really, really lame.
- The abilities to select with skill points seems really limited in that there is nothing to select that does anything, everything seems to be extra damage, extra this, etc. Nothing like summon a flock of birds like the first game (or whatever that power was). Not really looking forward to leveling up as it is just going to give me a small chance to do some extra damage.

It sounds like you were expecting another Skyrim and not Borderlands.

You just tap X to pick up weapons to go in your backpack. Don't hold X on weapons. That auto equips it as your current gun.

XBL: DallasAch
post #208 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Wow, I'm pretty surprised. I think the graphics are the same if not slightly better. Walking feels the same (although you do more of it in the early game). The holding X thing is exactly as it was in the first game. Same with the saves: if you did a reload the enemies would be there again. I did notice the rapid respawns on enemies in certain areas but other areas were empty after being cleared. I think the action skill trees give substantially more variety in this game than the previous one - each character has several skills that enhance or alter the way their action skill work. *shrugs*

post #209 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 179
The game seems to run quite a bit smoother to me than the first one did. Even movement seems to be a bit more refined. I remember the first game's controls being just a hair on the laggy side. I also haven't experienced the occasional slowdown that I did in the first game.

WilliamR, were you playing by yourself? Co-op is really the only way to play this game. Sure, you can grind a bit by yourself or do some sidequests, but it can get tedious rather quickly.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #210 of 850 Old 09-19-2012, 02:15 PM

I am very pleased with the game so far. Feels like it has been improved in most areas. My biggest gripe is that I have so much other stuff going on that I cant sit down and play as long as I would like.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Gaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page