Grand Theft Auto V for Xbox360 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 267 Old 11-07-2011, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I liked gta iv alright minus the relationship nonsense. As long as they don't include anything along those lines, I'm sure I'll like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 267 Old 11-09-2011, 08:57 PM

Liked: 10
Saints Row was the crappiest game ever made i rented it played it or tried to n returned it the same day
post #33 of 267 Old 11-09-2011, 11:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daye View Post

Saints Row was the crappiest game ever made i rented it played it or tried to n returned it the same day

Have to disagree! SR3 for me!

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #34 of 267 Old 11-10-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daye View Post

The first Saints Row was a little rough, the second one was much better, and I'm chomping at the bit for SR3. Give me over the top bat shat craziness over a gritty relationship sim any day of the week.
post #35 of 267 Old 11-10-2011, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Even the first Saints Row was freaking awesome. The activities are simply more fun, and while most of them are super unrealistic, that's the whole point; there's none of this "if you eat a lot, you'll get fat" crap intruding into your craziness. And unlike Grand Theft Auto, the cars don't lurch around the road while the game adds some sort of motion blur filter making everything look like hell.
post #36 of 267 Old 11-14-2011, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 111
No offense intended but, GTA IV is light years ahead of Saints Row 1 and 2.

And I'm almost sure GTA V is be in a whole other league than Saints Row 3.

Sure GTA lost some of its immature tone, but it gained better character development and stoylines.

Dating, bowling and other mundane activities were needed breaks from all the mayhem, plus they helped in having allies or assists.
post #37 of 267 Old 11-14-2011, 12:33 PM

Saints Row was made just for young little kids that dont care about controls the controls were crap in that game
post #38 of 267 Old 11-15-2011, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

What? An "M" rated game is "made just for young little kids", you say?

Consider the controls used in "Saints Row" for shooting while driving. You drive the car with the left stick and aim the crosshair with the right stick. Because of how the controls are mapped, you can do these activities at the same time, i.e. steer, aim, and shoot. In "Grand Theft Auto", I seem to recall having to hold down a button to do some sort of drive-by, and by doing so, I lost the ability to control the car, or alternately I couldn't really aim other than by angling the car such that the car windows were perpendicular to the target.

Another example is the map system... In "Saints Row", the maps are colorful and have nice icons denoting where key things are. It's easy to set route markers on the map and then use these in the main game to get to locations. In "Grand Theft Auto", the map is ugly and is a pain in the ass.

I guess ultimately it comes down to preference, sort of like whether one prefers the multiplayer play style of "Halo" or "Call of Duty".
post #39 of 267 Old 11-15-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

No offense intended but, GTA IV is light years ahead of Saints Row 1 and 2.

And I'm almost sure GTA V is be in a whole other league than Saints Row 3.

Sure GTA lost some of its immature tone, but it gained better character development and stoylines.

Dating, bowling and other mundane activities were needed breaks from all the mayhem, plus they helped in having allies or assists.

I have to disagree here. Having to socialize in order to make friends and having to drop everything to go see "beeg american teetees" got old really quick. I appreciate what Rockstar tried to do, but I shouldn't have been punished for not wanting to go play darts, or go bowling. Rewarding the player for doing so would have been fine, but punishing them for not, is a reach. Plus as far as character development and storylines go, it's been the same story every time, just tweaked a bit. They should just call it "Fresh Start 5." Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game, but I wouldn't say it was "light years ahead" of anything.
post #40 of 267 Old 11-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedubbadoo View Post

I have to disagree here. Having to socialize in order to make friends and having to drop everything to go see "beeg american teetees" got old really quick. I appreciate what Rockstar tried to do, but I shouldn't have been punished for not wanting to go play darts, or go bowling. Rewarding the player for doing so would have been fine, but punishing them for not, is a reach. Plus as far as character development and storylines go, it's been the same story every time, just tweaked a bit. They should just call it "Fresh Start 5." Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game, but I wouldn't say it was "light years ahead" of anything.

Actually, they did just reward you for doing the activities. You didn't have to, and you weren't penalized. Not sure what you mean?

XBOX Live: Hank Love
post #41 of 267 Old 11-16-2011, 02:29 PM

Liked: 93
Anybody anxiously awaiting GTA 5 that didn't pick up Saints Row 3 yesterday is kind of a sucker, I'm just saying. Six hours in now, Saints Row 3 is bloody fantastic. Great writing, great set pieces, hilarious, with a very well designed world. It is easily the most refined example that we have yet seen in the "open-world crime" genre. It's good enough that I didn't touch Skyrim yesterday, and I'm not likely to today either.
post #42 of 267 Old 11-17-2011, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

Anybody anxiously awaiting GTA 5 that didn't pick up Saints Row 3 yesterday is kind of a sucker, I'm just saying. Six hours in now, Saints Row 3 is bloody fantastic. Great writing, great set pieces, hilarious, with a very well designed world. It is easily the most refined example that we have yet seen in the "open-world crime" genre. It's good enough that I didn't touch Skyrim yesterday, and I'm not likely to today either.

Thanks, but I'll wait until its $19 in a couple of months.......

to experience the Auto-Tune Pimps, the Big Headed-Kitty Person and Whore Mode??...LOL.
post #43 of 267 Old 11-17-2011, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPraze View Post

Actually, they did just reward you for doing the activities. You didn't have to, and you weren't penalized. Not sure what you mean?

Yea. The only times it really sucked was when I was trying to "level up" a friend for an achievement. For the rest of the time it could be safely ignored. Still I don't know why Rockstar put in that feature. It really wasn't much fun at all.
post #44 of 267 Old 11-18-2011, 01:28 AM

hey Grand Theft Auto V is availbe for pre order at amazon should i get it or wait ?
post #45 of 267 Old 11-18-2011, 04:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Amazon will give you their best deal that they create if you preorder now. With release day shipping for a couple dollars you can't beat them really.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #46 of 267 Old 11-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

Yea. The only times it really sucked was when I was trying to "level up" a friend for an achievement. For the rest of the time it could be safely ignored. Still I don't know why Rockstar put in that feature. It really wasn't much fun at all.

I leveled them up for the benefits. Like being able to call up the one girl who was a DA or knew someone to get the cops off you, that was cool. (esp when you had a unwanted high wanted level) And discount guns cuz you were cool with someone, I liked those features.

I think one thing Rockstar has suffered from, is having so much in their games, that some of the things aren't explained well, or at all. I played all the way through RedDead without knowing I could rob banks. (among many other features in both games)

XBOX Live: Hank Love
post #47 of 267 Old 12-02-2011, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Funny title, great article....

"GTA 5: Why It's Already The Best Game Ever Made"

http://www.nowgamer.com/columns/nowg...ever_made.html

I agree with the writer 100%.
post #48 of 267 Old 12-02-2011, 09:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

Funny title, great article....

"GTA 5: Why It’s Already The Best Game Ever Made"

http://www.nowgamer.com/columns/nowg...ever_made.html

I agree with the writer 100%.

Lol at GTA not being an escapist fantasy.

I think he's reading into the trailer a bit much. Whatever "message" GTA V has, it'll be told through the eyes of a monster that will kill anyone he's asked to, and probably kill a few dozen more on the way. Like every other rockstar game. And we're supposed to relate to that? It's hardly fine literature.

That being said, it's going to be awesome.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #49 of 267 Old 08-23-2012, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

New Screens

Transport

Leisure
post #50 of 267 Old 08-24-2012, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Some more

post #51 of 267 Old 08-24-2012, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I hope GTA V looks just as good in motion as the screen shots.

After the visual and technical excellence of Red Dead Dedemption it just might...
post #52 of 267 Old 08-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 174
I was going to say those shots look a little doctored, but when you see the bigger versions, they don't look as nice. Still look great. Screens look a lot less "noisey" than GTA4 so I'm happy with that.

There's something wrong with the wheels on that truck he's riding...

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #53 of 267 Old 09-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Advanced Member

I will want to check it out but I am kind of wanting to see a new type of game again. You know....how GTA felt when it was a new idea.
post #54 of 267 Old 09-03-2012, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 103
I want something like "Vice City".... great soundtrack, tongue-n-cheek depiction of the era, open world, hidden things like the bloody bathtub, etc.

I loved crusin' around on the Fagio.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #55 of 267 Old 10-30-2012, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post

source ? when will the game be out ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

Nowhere has it been said that this is for 360. It can of course be assumed, but in no way is it "official".

NorthJersey is right in asking what Pirate's source is, because he sure as hell didn't link to anything substantiating his claims.

Better late than never...Its Offical:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/45951/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-spring-2013.html

From Rockstar Games-

"Today, we're proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V is expected to launch worldwide spring 2013 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V takes place in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California in the largest and most thriving game-world we have ever created set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and for miles beyond – from the tops of the mountains to the depths of the ocean.

Starting next week November 5, 2012, Grand Theft Auto V will become available for pre-order everywhere and fans can expect a host of new information to become available in November."
post #56 of 267 Old 10-30-2012, 11:02 PM

Liked: 93
I love when things are "Offical".
post #57 of 267 Old 11-16-2012, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

post #58 of 267 Old 02-01-2013, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

post #59 of 267 Old 02-17-2013, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Since Rockstar has had YEARS to develop GTA V I hope they managed to put some damn checkpoints in the game.

I picked up GTA IV in '09 and never finished it. After seeing some of the screen shots and such recently I thought I'd fire it up and finish it to get ready for GTA V. Funny thing is that after almost 4 years I couldn't really remember why I hadn't finished it back in '09; well after about 10 minutes I remembered. CHECKPOINTS!

I hate having to drive across the map, locate the contact, potentially drive somewhere else, kill some guys, exit that area, possibly kill some more guys, and then lose your wanted level only to have a mistake in the last section end up in a failed mission and then you have to do ALL of those steps over again. Obviously you should do all of the steps the first time but if you make it to the contact and then to the destination and then get killed/arrested you should restart at the destination. Having to go through a phone call and then drive drive around the map is a waste of time and can be very annoying.

I also hope that they fix the controls. It's probably the age of the game but the walking is very clunky for lack of a better term.

PSN ID: Budracin8808

XBOX Live Gamertag: budracin88
post #60 of 267 Old 04-30-2013, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 434

The 5.0 is here
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Grand Theft Auto V , Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition