Grand Theft Auto V for Xbox360 - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 267 Old 10-11-2013, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 99
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51565/grand-theft-auto-online-half-a-million-gta-stimulus-package-this.html

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my modest theater -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 267 Old 10-11-2013, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Pick it up today. Should I install it to my xbox? I remember seeing somthing where the graphics were alittle off I install it.
post #243 of 267 Old 10-11-2013, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

Pick it up today. Should I install it to my xbox? I remember seeing somthing where the graphics were alittle off I install it.

Install the "Install" disc to your hard drive. Use a 16gb flash drive and install the play disc to that drive. If you install both to the same drive apparently you will have issues.

post #244 of 267 Old 10-11-2013, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Oh ok. Thanks.
post #245 of 267 Old 10-12-2013, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 112
The Actors who played Michael, Franklin and Trevor....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7JU0BoX0nQ

The characters look just like the actors.....
mboojigga likes this.
post #246 of 267 Old 10-12-2013, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

The Actors who played Michael, Franklin and Trevor....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7JU0BoX0nQ

The characters look just like the actors.....

Really cool interview.

The 5.0 is here
post #247 of 267 Old 10-17-2013, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
anyone smart on MP with friends and how to stop losing them? We go into a mision and when we quit the mission it either pulls us halfway across the map from each other or boots me out of that server with my friend.
post #248 of 267 Old 10-17-2013, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller View Post

anyone smart on MP with friends and how to stop losing them? We go into a mision and when we quit the mission it either pulls us halfway across the map from each other or boots me out of that server with my friend.

No clue man. TBH I would not mind being on the other side of the map...if it was putting me in the same server with my buddies that we were all in before we started the mission. In most cases it puts me in a server by itself and every once and a while I will get put back in with my buddies. If these upcoming heists are based off of getting a certain amount of JP for them to open, they better get this whole server thing fixed quick.

It is bad enough the PS4 is out in a month's time and when that comes out I don't see myself putting GTA V in much. If the heists don't come out soon I may never get to play one.

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #249 of 267 Old 10-18-2013, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Yea im right there with you man, sadly next gen will make GTA obsolete for me.
post #250 of 267 Old 10-20-2013, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Just reached 100%. Great effin' game. Not sure if I want to go back and gold medal 70 missions or not.

My only complaint is that so many cheevies are for multiplayer, which I don't have much interest in (but haven't played yet, so I could be missing out).

Those of you playing MP, is it worth testin' out (now that it has been patched a few times)?

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

post #251 of 267 Old 10-20-2013, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

Those of you playing MP, is it worth testin' out (now that it has been patched a few times)?

I was surprised - I hate multiplayer, but loaded it up one night anyway and it's not bad! I only did the first race, but it was fun. It plays like a single-player game with cutscenes, except that when you enter the mission, there's other real players in there.

Give it a shot, you might like it.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
post #252 of 267 Old 10-20-2013, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

I was surprised - I hate multiplayer, but loaded it up one night anyway and it's not bad! I only did the first race, but it was fun. It plays like a single-player game with cutscenes, except that when you enter the mission, there's other real players in there.

Give it a shot, you might like it.

I don't hate multiplayer but don't play it as much as others. But like you said the game plays like it is a single player experience and this is why I also have a huge interest in TitanFall. I hope more games are going this direction for multiplayer experience. Just more variety.

The 5.0 is here
post #253 of 267 Old 10-20-2013, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 112
GTA Online is fun...I just tried it today.

Its more organized that GTA IV's online experience.
post #254 of 267 Old 10-21-2013, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
I'm starting to get bored with the online on this game. The missions just aren't fun, especially since most of them are just quick jobs that get sent to you on yuor phone. I was hoping for more story missions with cut scenes and everything, and so far I just haven't found any outside of the tutorial.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #255 of 267 Old 10-21-2013, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I'm starting to get bored with the online on this game. The missions just aren't fun, especially since most of them are just quick jobs that get sent to you on yuor phone. I was hoping for more story missions with cut scenes and everything, and so far I just haven't found any outside of the tutorial.

They are adding the heists to online mode. I believe it is this week, but now for sure. If you check the rockstar gtav website they have a schedule for when new things are being released.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #256 of 267 Old 10-21-2013, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I am getting there too...and I did not even use the cycle glitch to get mass amounts of cash. I did the whole replaying certain jobs for a few nights to get a little extra money, but nothing crazy of the other people out there. For me it is just like you...lack of content. Most of the jobs are all the same and except for a few of them they are mostly pretty quick. I was hoping they would get these heists going because lets face it, when the next gen consoles are out I don't see myself putting too much time in on GTAO.

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #257 of 267 Old 10-21-2013, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
The heists will be fun, but I also question how many we will have and how many times we can do them. If they only give us a handful of heists, and you can only do them once, then I will be just as bored a few days later. I just wish they would have taken the time to craft a story for the online portion or something like that. I didn't plan on jumping on a next gen console until next year, but if I am bored of this and have nothing else to do for the christmas break, I may look in to trying to find a xbox one and pick up some new games for it.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #258 of 267 Old 11-05-2013, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Been having mixed feelings about online mode- sometimes it seems like an awesome achievement [random chases, 'gang' wars cropping up] and other times it reminds you that there are a lot of idiots out there. Hope the free Beach Bum pack adds some flavor. In the meantime:

New GTA Online Title Update 1.05

"The newest automatic title update for GTA Online is now available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. As mentioned previously, this update addresses some residual issues where occasionally people's vehicles or vehicle modifications were disappearing due to a cloud save failure - as well as the other fixes mentioned below:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Built in measures to prevent users from losing their progress when there is a cloud outage
- Built in a number of measures to protect players’ cash balances even if there are network problems
- Fixed an issue where on rare occasions during network problems the player could lose their Online vehicle or mods after exiting GTA Online

Of course, if you're still experiencing any other technical problems, please visit our support website to contact our support team and subscribe to the GTA Online Launch Status article. You can also shoot us a quick message at the Rockstar Support Twitter.

We also encourage you to send any constructive gameplay feedback you have to us at our GTAOnline@rockstargames.com address, as we continue to monitor it for all the latest suggestions for tweaking and improving the experience of GTA Online.

On a related note, we anticipate the GTA$ Stimulus to be distributed in the next couple of days following this Title Update. The Stimulus will go out over the course of a full day once it's initiated so don't be alarmed if people on your friends list receive it before or later than you do. Enjoy and we certainly appreciate your patience and understanding as we sort out these remaining issues."

"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas." - Agnes Mona Flanders
post #259 of 267 Old 11-07-2013, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #260 of 267 Old 11-09-2013, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
That video was awesome. I have to agree with it as well. I miss the crazy hi-jinks of gta 3/vice city. Heck even GTA 4 is starting to seem silly, in a good way, compared to 5.
Was it just me or was the chopper the one from MW3?
post #261 of 267 Old 11-11-2013, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripeer View Post

Heck even GTA 4 is starting to seem silly, in a good way, compared to 5.

Really? I kind of felt that GTA4 took itself way too seriously compared to this one, and really like the balance here personally. To me, the biggest difference is in driving. In GTA4 they tried too hard to simulate driving, and in this it's far more arcade-y.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #262 of 267 Old 11-11-2013, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
GTA 3 is still my all time favourite, I hate what happened with steam.
post #263 of 267 Old 11-13-2013, 10:12 AM

Beach Bum Update hits Next Tuesday

Nice that the new vehicles will be free-to-access both in-game and online.

GTA Online Free Beach Bum Update Hits Next Week: New Weapons, Vehicles, Jobs and More

November 13, 2013 10:12AM | Author: R* Q

Get ready to tear up the coast and kick up some sand with the free Grand Theft Auto Online Beach Bum update that will be coming next week Tuesday November 19th. All the new Beach Bum content will be added automatically to GTA Online through our next title update (1.06), and will include two new weapons, a quartet of rugged and fun new vehicles for land and sea, lots of new action-packed Jobs, plus a wide variety of suitably rad new apparel, hairstyle and tattoo customization options. Read on for more details.

New Jobs
The Beach Bum update will bring a slew of new action-packed Jobs to GTA Online next week. These include new beach-themed Races, Deathmatches, Parachutes, Last Team Standings, Survivals as well as Gang Attacks for those who enjoy a good territorial skirmish.

Here are just a few of our favorite new ones that are on the way:

"Grass Route II" (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.

"Survival on Del Perro Pier" (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.

"View of Vespucci" (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you've got skills, it's possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.

"Paleto Beach" (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake 'em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.

"Sundae Driving" (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.

Expect these and lots more Jobs to be added to Grand Theft Auto Online next week.

New Vehicles

Hit the shore with four sand-and-surf-ready vehicles perfect to take on the all new Beach Bum Races and Vehicle Deathmatches: the BF Bifta dune buggy, the rugged Canis Kalahari off-road truck, the Bravado Paradise beach camper van and making a special return to the GTA series, the fast and stylish Speeder speedboat. All four vehicles will be available at no in-game cost, with the land-based vehicles accessible from the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website and the Speeder available via docktease.com on your in-game phone (call Pegasus for delivery). These vehicles are also available in Story Mode for Michael, Trevor and Franklin to enjoy - to access them, visit your garage property and the Marina property for the vehicles and the boat respectively.

New Weapons

Expand your arsenal with two new free weapons - the compact yet deadly SNS Pistol and the brutal new Broken Bottle melee weapon which is quite effective at delivering the appropriate message in up close and personal encounters. Each weapon will be available gratis from any Ammu-Nation location in GTA Online and will be added straight into each of the three characters' inventory in Story Mode.

New Customization Options

You'll be able to deck out your GTA Online character with all new beach-ready customization options including stylish board shorts, neon surfer attire, wild tribal tattoos, shaggy hair for that West Coast laissez-faire vibe and more...

This is just the first of many new content updates we're working on for Grand Theft Auto Online in the weeks and months ahead. Please stay tuned here at the Newswire for word on the forthcoming Content Creator, full on cooperative Heists, and GTA Online's take on Capture the Flag - plus info on some exciting new Story Mode updates as well. We'll have new info to share on all of this very soon.

post #264 of 267 Old 11-22-2013, 07:08 AM

I know that 360-only games are soooo last gen... but Rockstar just posted details for this weekend's online events:

Vespucci Beach Party: GTA Online Social Club Event Weekend

This weekend, Friday November 22nd through Sunday November 24th, hit the beaches of Vespucci, Chumash and Paleto Bay for the very first Grand Theft Auto Online Social Club Event Weekend.

All weekend long, plunge into a special Social Club Event Playlist of brand new Jobs from the freshly landed Beach Bum Pack, a hand-picked selection of ten of our favorite new Jobs. Drop some sea shells, go for a fuel-injected run on the beach, and take in some of the most spectacular stretches of coastline in the Los Santos Bay area in modes including Sea Race, Parachute, Team Deathmatch and more. The best performers in the Social Club Event Playlist on each platform will score themselves a special vanity license plate reward for bragging rights and to commemorate their achievement.

In Free Roam, look out for an influx of special Event Crate Drops dropping frequently all weekend containing more than double the usual amount of RP plus high-powered weapons, bonus cash and clothing. They'll be unlocked for every player to help you pack more than just sunscreen on the blazing sands.

This inaugural GTA Online Social Club Event also features exclusive sweepstakes giveaways of beach-ready GTAV collectibles, a very special live stream broadcast on Friday and more. We'll be on the lookout for your sun-kissed Snapmatic pics all weekend so be sure to tag them #VespucciBeachParty so that we can find them easily and we might feature them next week here at the Newswire.

post #265 of 267 Old 12-21-2013, 02:39 PM

Liked: 10
I'm a little late to the show here but just picked this up. First new game purchase in a while but I've heard good things.
post #266 of 267 Old 12-21-2013, 02:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Has Rockstar announced a version of GTAV for the XBOne? I had purchased GTAV and played it a little, but after getting the XBOne I realized I wouldn't be touching my 360 much anymore. So I traded my copy of GTAV in to BestBuy for $30. So I essentially got to use it for several weeks for $10 since they gave me $20 in Reward Zone dollars for pre-ordering it. But if GTAV comes to the XBOne then I will purchase it again,.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #267 of 267 Old 12-21-2013, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Of course not, the game barely just launched and this is the Christmas shopping season. They're not about to damage sales by announcing ports for next year right now.

A bit of patience seems all but assured of giving you what you want, but there's no way that they'd be announcing it right around now.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Grand Theft Auto V , Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page