Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #91 of 149 Old 07-14-2012, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 502
have you guys noticed the improved lighting? the changes really stood out for me, especially when I was underground. for example, torch light looks more yellow. And the lighting throughout the day is different than before. And it affects how you use the Clock tool as I now surface or go underground/indoors at different positions on the clock than before.

I also played with the new skins. right now, I'm wearing the tuxedo skin. Some of them are a bit girly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 149 Old 07-16-2012, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Minecraft skins are available for sale now! 45 skin package for $2.

1. Creeper
2. SquidMan
3. Zombie
4. Herobrine
5. Jack of Blades, Fable Heroes
6. Hero, Fable Heroes
7. Garth, Fable Heroes
8. Reaver, Fable Heroes
9. Hammer, Fable Heroes
10. Locust Drone, Gears of War
11. Clayton Carmine, Gears of War
12. Cole, The Cole Train, Gears of War
13. Master Chief, Halo
14. Covenant Grunt, Halo
15. Covenant Brute, Halo
16. Banjo, Banjo-Kazooie
17. Grunty, Banjo-Kazooie
18. Bottles the Mole, Banjo-Kazooie
19. Tooty, Banjo-Kazooie
20. Mumbo Jumbo, Banjo-Kazooie
21. Klungo, Banjo-Kazooie
22. Trials man, Trials HD
23. Freestyle, Trials Evolution
24. Old-School, Trials Evolution
25. Biker, Trials Evolution
26. Combat, Trials Evolution
27. ‘Splosion Man, ‘Splosion Man
28. Scientist Wilson, ‘Splosion Man
29. Scientist Danklef, ‘Splosion Man
30. Ms. ‘Splosion Man, Ms. ‘Splosion Man
31. Mandy Elite, Ms. ‘Splosion Man
32. Racing Driver 1
33. Racing Driver 2
34. Racing Driver 3
35. Racing Driver 4
36. Nurse
37. Prisoner
38. Victorian Swimmer
39. Deep Sea Diver
40. King
41. Queen
42. Jester
43. Knight Templar
44. Black Knight
45. Wizard
post #93 of 149 Old 07-20-2012, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I got tired of watching a bunch of videos that didn't show the skin pack. heck, some of the videos were videos of web pages showing previews of the skin pack!

so I made my own:
2:20 the free skins. 2:58 the skins in the real world. master chief wearing armor. 4:17 Banjo. 4:50 Cole Train. 5:22 Cole Train wearing armor. 6:02 creeper. 6:15 creeper with no armor. 6:43 nurse. 7:05 Scientist Wilson from 'Splosion Man. 8:02 Trials rider from Trials HD. 8:30 Ms. 'Splosion Man. 8:55 Prisoner
post #94 of 149 Old 07-26-2012, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

post #95 of 149 Old 07-26-2012, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 431
I am hoping they bring the snow golem into the xbox edition. I am in need of lots of snow and it just doesnt snow fast enough.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #96 of 149 Old 07-26-2012, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

pick a seed that'll produce a world with a lot of snow then.
post #97 of 149 Old 07-26-2012, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

pick a seed that'll produce a world with a lot of snow then.

I thought of that but I've already put in tons of hours into what I am building and I have no desire to start over. I have started leaving the game on throughout the day and its been working nicely. Seems to be a lot more snow this way.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #98 of 149 Old 07-31-2012, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I was visiting my friend's world. She's only had the game for a few days (3 or 4). And it's pretty amazing for only 3 days of work. Some friends helped and she used a dup glitch. But still great work for such a small amount of time.
0:49 To Kissy's batcave! 1:17 lightning!!! Kissy's train station. 2:30 Kissy's funky rollercoaster! 10:31 The evil face that eats the rollercoaster! 13:00 Kissy's friend's house. 14:00 Amazing view! 15:26 Kissy's other friend's house (Ryan's). 18:23 more structures. 24:04 Kissy's house. 26:30 Starzx214 learning how to use a door. 26:48 Kissy's rooftop. 28:25 Starzx214 trying to kill Kissy! NOoooooo! Be nice! 29:25 Starzx214 riding the cart for the first time. 30:40 Jonny2tim3 joins the world! 31:55 Jonny2tim3's house. 33:48 Kissy's world at night under the high moon. 35:17 going to the Nether. 39:05 you're in my personal space!!! 40:43 the beautiful sunrise... 41:57 the creeper is gonna get you!!!

Now, her friend's world.... That's one I want to record!!! That world is mindblowing! Unfortunately, he wasn't around at the time I was recording...
Kissy's world, v2.0.
720P video of Kissy840's world, version 2.0. She's made a ton of additions since the last video. 0:40 Bowser and Princess Peach... ummm... yeah... Yoshi. Kirby. Mario. 0:55, beware the lava moat!!! moar!!! 1:33 missed the jump! I'm on fire!!! 1:50 umm, using wood to cover a lava moat. maybe not a good idea. 2:40 squishing Kissy!!! 4:33 Kissy's marina. 5:38 Kissy's first house. 5:48 Bill from Left 4 Dead! 6:38 Kissy as Puss in Boots! 8:12 Kissy's castle in daylight. 8:33 Mario in daylight! 8:48 Kissy's restaurant. 9:38 this is where the Mexicans work! 10:22 King Boo. 10:54 tower with great view of Nintendo characters. 11:25 WTH is that??? 12:27 best views of Nintendo characters in the courtyard. 13:13 Kissy's house. 13:15 Kissy's doorbell!!! 13:27 a light switch! 13:45 door lock. 14:31 a working toilet! 14:48 light switch for the bathroom too. 15:13 working shower! 16:10 inspiration for Yoshi. *** 17:42 THE X-RAY MACHINE!!!! You can see all the underground lava and monster spawners!!! *** 21:03 Kissy's treehouse with Kirby. 21:35 view of Kissy's first house. 21:57 Kirby up close. 22:44 Kissy's glitched inventory. 24:30 Kissy showing off her marina again. 26:03 Kissy's railways version 2.0. 27:05 riding Kissy's rollercoaster. 27:50 view of the diamond house. 27:56 great vista view of Kissy's world. 30:13 ride of underground coaster. 31:54 great outside view of the castle. 33:04 the insane lightning!!!

Kissy's world, v3.0.
720P video of Kissy840's world, version 3.0. 0:00 it's Skittles! 0:19 Skittles had a boo boo. 0:31 her China house and farm house. 00:48 a better outside view of the house. 1:06 watering her crops. 1:41 going inside the china house. 3:18 Skittles from the China house. Batman and Superman. 4:18 The lava lamp and a far view of Pikachu! 5:13 twilight view of the China house. 5:26 going inside the farm house. 6:43 Superman and Batman from far away. 7:26 Superman's back. 7:55 Superman's front. Batman on his side. 9:05 Batman's back. 9:12 Batman's front. 10:02 lava lamp. 10:18 Pikachu from far away. 10:34 the back of a Goomba! 10:55 Pikachu closer up. 11:07 front view of Goomba! 11:29 best view of Pikachu. 11:41 her latest pit of doom. 12:37 falling into the pit. Kissy fell too!!! 14:19 MikitsuBizunizu is here! 14:37 Riley needs some love! 14:59 trying to retrieve Kissy's stuff from the pit. 16:22 swimming up with MikitsuBizunizu. 17:14 Kissy being evil! 17:31 trying to push Kissy!
post #99 of 149 Old 10-15-2012, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

the v1.8.2 update comes out tomorrow!!!

for those that don't know what's in the v1.8.2 update...

http://playxbla.com/check-out-whats-coming-in-the-update-for-minecraft-xbox-360-edition/

Additions:
  • Added Creative Mode.
  • Disabled Achievements and Leaderboard updates if the player is in Creative Mode, or if the world has been previously saved in Creative Mode.
  • Added a simple tutorial for Creative Mode.
  • Added sprinting to Survival Mode.
  • Added flying and sprint-flying to Creative Mode.
  • Added new items to the game – Melon, Melon Slice, Melon Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Raw/Cooked Beef, Raw/Cooked Chicken, Rotten Flesh, Pumpkin Seeds, Iron Bars, Fence Gate, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs, Ender Pearl, Web,Vines, 10 more Music Discs, and Chain Armor.
  • Added new items to the crafting menu – Melon, Melon Seeds, Glass Pane, Fence Gate, Iron Bars, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs.
  • Added terrain generation features – Strongholds, Villages, Abandoned Mineshafts and Ravines.
  • Biome code additions, including rivers and oceans.
  • Changed the bow to have drawing and firing action.
  • Added a quick move to the dispenser.
  • Added a quick equip for armor to the inventory interface.
  • Added a quick move for ingredients and fuel in the furnace interface.
  • Brought forward the mining speed changes from 1.2.3
  • Brought forward apples dropping from leaf blocks from 1.1
  • Brought forward change from 1.2.3 to make pumpkins and melons grow from stems much faster, and not require farmland around the stem to grow on.
  • Fix to vines brought forward from 1.2.3 to stop them spreading too much.
  • Added the Food Bar to the HUD.
  • Added stacking for food items.
  • Added the eating animation.
  • Enabled crafting mushroom stew without a crafting table.
  • Added the blocking move with swords.
  • Changed all the text descriptions for food to show how much they refill the food bar.
  • Passive mobs will now flee when hit.
  • The snout on pigs now protrude from their head.
  • Skeletons now hold full size bows.
  • Animals no longer despawn which makes it possible to capture them.
  • Zombies now drop Rotten Flesh instead of Feathers.
  • Updated some mob sounds.
  • Shears can now collect Tall Grass and the new Vine.
  • Improved sunrise and sunset.
  • Improved the rain edges (when looking up in rain).
  • User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay.
  • Cloud height raised to the top of the map, so clouds can no longer phase through blocks.
  • Cloud movement syncs with the game’s time.
  • Both Wooden and Stone pressure plates can now be placed on fences.
  • Improved chest model with a 3D lock, and opening and closing animation.
  • Added a countdown timer to the autosave to stop it being such a surprise.
  • Added the ability to rename an existing saved world.
  • Added map icons to the in-game player list to match their color in the map.
  • Added a confirmation dialog on the player choosing to exit without saving.
  • Added a character display when sprinting or flying.
  • Updated the How To Play HUD with the Food Bar information.
  • Added descriptions for Creative Mode and Sprinting to the How To Play menus.
  • Updated the Download Content menu with pictures of the DLC available.
  • Removed Herobrine.

Options Changes and Additions:
  • Changed the Gamertags Display option to mean display/hide gamertags in-game and on maps.
  • Added an option to select Creative Mode or Survival Mode on creating or loading a world.
  • Added an option to disable clouds.
  • Added additional options to the world creation – Superflat land (creates a flat world near bedrock in both the Overworld and the Nether), enable/disable Structures and Bonus Chest.
  • Added Host options – toggles for Player Versus Player, Trust Players to stop players being able to mine without permission from the Host, Fire Spread, TNT Explodes, and Host Privileges.
  • Added in-game player options for the host – Can Build and Mine, Moderator, Kick Player, Can Fly, Disable Exhaustion, Invisible.
  • Store the Online, Invite Only, and Friends of Friends options in the player’s profile.

Tutorial World Changes:
  • Changed the Tutorial world to enable the new terrain features in it.
  • Added mini tutorial for sprinting in the Tutorial world.
  • Added mini tutorial for eating in the Tutorial world.
  • Added Music Disc Quests in the Tutorial world – players can search the world for the 12 chests, each containing one of the Music Discs that can be played in a Jukebox.

Fixes:
  • Fix for duplication glitch.
  • Fix for aspect ratio of things in hand when in splitscreen mode.
  • Fix for issue with player data not saving (player starting world with no items they had when they saved).
  • Fix for redstone tiles burning out when they shouldn’t.
  • Fixed issue with Minecart with Furnace not being able to move another Minecart.
  • Fixed particle code for flipped 3rd person view.
post #100 of 149 Old 10-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Is anyone else having problems with the game freezing/crashing after this recent update?

XBL GT: deathpallie
post #101 of 149 Old 10-17-2012, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

nope.

however, my friend recently updated and loaded one of his old world saves and it had some minor glitches. like the chests were really dark, chocolate colored. after opening them, they were the normal wood color.

forgot to mention: when he loaded his old save, not everything was exactly the same. there was a chest in the house, for example, that was oriented in the other direction (turned 90 degrees).

I started 2 new worlds, 1 creative world and 1 survival world. haven't visited one of my old saves to see any problems.
post #102 of 149 Old 12-20-2012, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OMG! I ran into my first villagers!

if you haven't generated a new world yet, do so!!! lots and lots of new additions with the latest minecraft update!!!
post #103 of 149 Old 04-04-2013, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
tu9 is out
go to the end and fight the enderdragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjMONVw9deQ

xbox live gt

post #104 of 149 Old 04-04-2013, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm excited!!!
post #105 of 149 Old 04-04-2013, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So, I haven't played minecraft for a very long time, like since early 2010 probably (PC). I'm burned out of Black Ops 2, not interested in Gears Judgement, and I'm really just looking forward to the next gen systems coming out later this year. In the meantime I'm playing Far Cry 3, and picking up Bioshock Infinite next.

Back in the day in Minecraft, I spent hours digging and building in survival mode and after playing for maybe 20-30 hours or so, I just quit playing, and never went back.

I know there have been countless updates, but is the game basically the same as it was back then? Basically no point to the game other than getting resources, crafting/building, kind of like virtual legos?

I'm not trying to bash the game, I just know if is very popular on XBLA and was considering getting back into it, but I don't really what to purchase that version if it's basically the same thing still. My PC is in the basement and I don't really game on it at all, so after a long day I just feel like laying on the living room couch to game rather than in the basement theater, which is why I'm considering it for the 360.

Are the competitive servers/modes in the XBLA game? Like, how sweet would it be for there to be capture the flag --- each team gets 15 minutes to mine and build, then the game starts with each team defending or attacking to destroy what the other team has created.

xbox: McFly1955
ps4: GeorgeMcFly1955
post #106 of 149 Old 04-04-2013, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

it's the #2 game on Xbox Live behind BLOPs 2. beats out BF3, Halo 4, MW3, Gears 3, etc.

you stopped playing the PC version in 2010? that's not even version 1.0.0 yet.
post #107 of 149 Old 04-04-2013, 02:18 PM

Liked: 93
"but I don't really what to purchase that version if it's basically the same thing still."

It's like the PC version was at the beginning of 2012 or so. So there are towns and end bosses and addition areas and monsters. Plus, four player split screen on the same couch, which is a ton of fun to hang out with people in your living room and play. The game is also much friendlier to the player than the PC version was, in that it knows recipes and has something of a tutorial to get you started.

I recommend it.
post #108 of 149 Old 04-04-2013, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

If you want vs multiplayer it doesn't really have it. If you have friends to play it with it's fun to play together. Explore. Try different things. It is what you make of it.

xbox live gt

post #109 of 149 Old 07-26-2013, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
so we have the the minecraft disc for xbox - we just sold our house so we are without an ht until our new one is complete and i can set up a new ht - our living room tv is an old school 36" sony xbr vega from about 2001 - we rarely use it but the image and color is great and it does have 1080 component inputs since we are renting until the new build is ready we will be using the sony - will this cable allow my kids to play split screen? or is hdmi the requirement to let split screen work?

thanks

post #110 of 149 Old 07-26-2013, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

splitscreen works as long as the resolution is at least 720P. you can even do 4 player splitscreen.
post #111 of 149 Old 12-12-2013, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Has Minecraft 360 edition ever been on sale? Not in a rush to jump in; if it's part of semi-regular Xbox Arcade price drops I'll wait. Otherwise might as well get it while I have some $ to spread around. Also, does anyone play it on co-op splitscreen a bunch? Wife has mentioned her interest in playing as well, would appreciate any tips/reviews [aside from what I've already read in this thread].

"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas." - Agnes Mona Flanders
post #112 of 149 Old 12-12-2013, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguy5 View Post

Has Minecraft 360 edition ever been on sale? Not in a rush to jump in; if it's part of semi-regular Xbox Arcade price drops I'll wait. Otherwise might as well get it while I have some $ to spread around. Also, does anyone play it on co-op splitscreen a bunch? Wife has mentioned her interest in playing as well, would appreciate any tips/reviews [aside from what I've already read in this thread].

the best way to see pricing of XBLA titles and their pricing history is to use xbldb.com

that's what I use. It's especially great to see trends. So if you see a game go on sale about every six months, you start to look out for it around that time. I remember there was a game I wanted and it had just been on sale a couple of months ago and I unfortunately missed it.

In terms of Minecraft, it has never been on sale, at least digitally. Maybe the retail disc has gone on sale before.
post #113 of 149 Old 12-13-2013, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I just searched Slick Deals and found a legit HK gaming site that sold Minecraft keys for $12.95.
They took PayPal so I took the chance, it took a day but they emailed me a valid download code.
http://www.kfcore.com/xbox-360-games/?sort=newest

Looks like it went up to $14.95.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for any discount on it.
post #114 of 149 Old 12-14-2013, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Advertisement on live today for "minecraft sale" got me excited... But it just looks like a bunch of the dlc is on sale, not the game itself. Do any of the extra packs actually add game content, or is it all just texture stuff?

"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas." - Agnes Mona Flanders
post #115 of 149 Old 09-05-2014, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Okay, been messing with Minecraft for Xbox One.

If you bought skin packs on the 360, they're automatically free on the Xbox One. HOWEVER, if you buy the skin pack on the Xbox One, when you go back to the 360 version, the skin pack will not show up as free. I don't know if this is a bug or not. But to be safe, buy it on the 360 first if you want the skins on both the 360 and the One.
post #116 of 149 Old 09-05-2014, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Interesting. See the Xbox One version of Minecraft in the store and it is showing $19.99 I have it on the 360. I though I have read if you have the retail version or digital version you will get it for $4.99. I have added it to my cart, but now price discount. I was hoping to surprise my kids when they got home with this game.

EDIT: For whatever reason going to Xbox.com and signing in shows the correct price $4.99, but the market store on the Xbox One only shows the $19.99 price.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides

Last edited by Arutha_conDoin; 09-05-2014 at 09:38 AM.
post #117 of 149 Old 09-05-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 49
That's not cool, as MS has my account all FUBARED...I cannot purchase through Xbox.com. I have to do all my purchases via the dashboard. Ugh...

EDIT...showing 4.99 on my games download screen. Dash/Games:Featured/Minecraft(now on xbox one)/Buy ...19.99 is crossed out and 4.99 is added.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

Last edited by kevin g.; 09-05-2014 at 11:27 AM.
post #118 of 149 Old 09-05-2014, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post
That's not cool, as MS has my account all FUBARED...I cannot purchase through Xbox.com. I have to do all my purchases via the dashboard. Ugh...

EDIT...showing 4.99 on my games download screen. Dash/Games:Featured/Minecraft(now on xbox one)/Buy ...19.99 is crossed out and 4.99 is added.
Total opposite of mine! I thought for sure when I would add it to my cart that when I went to check out it would drop the price, but that was not the case. So I guess what we have learned is check both places! Glad to see you got it for $4.99. I'll let my kids transfer all the stuff over though that way I do not get in trouble if I screw it up somehow

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #119 of 149 Old 09-05-2014, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 148
What improvements are there to the Xbox One version, compared with 360 ?

My kids started playing on the Xbox 360, and used to play it non stop. Then we got a family PC for the den, and they downloaded the PC version of Minecraft. They are always playing "Hunger Games" or something like that. Can they do that with the Xbox One version ?

I figured I might as well pay $5 to get it on the Xbox One, so it could free up the family PC in the den a bit more, but if they can't do the Hunger Games thing on it, I doubt they will care.
post #120 of 149 Old 09-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 122
It is quite odd to see this game on the big screen, vs. the iPad/touch version (never got it on 360) but it comes across well and stable so far. Nice surprise for my daughter who is a master builder on this one and Disney Infinity (very proud Dad).
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page