post #121 of 147 Old 09-05-2014, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
What improvements are there to the Xbox One version, compared with 360 ?

My kids started playing on the Xbox 360, and used to play it non stop. Then we got a family PC for the den, and they downloaded the PC version of Minecraft. They are always playing "Hunger Games" or something like that. Can they do that with the Xbox One version ?

I figured I might as well pay $5 to get it on the Xbox One, so it could free up the family PC in the den a bit more, but if they can't do the Hunger Games thing on it, I doubt they will care.
The Xbox One version allows for a much larger world from what I have read. Graphics are of course in 1080P

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 147 Old 09-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 113
IGN gave the game a 9.7 rating.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...box-one-review
post #123 of 147 Old 09-06-2014, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
Interesting. See the Xbox One version of Minecraft in the store and it is showing $19.99 I have it on the 360. I though I have read if you have the retail version or digital version you will get it for $4.99. I have added it to my cart, but now price discount. I was hoping to surprise my kids when they got home with this game.

EDIT: For whatever reason going to Xbox.com and signing in shows the correct price $4.99, but the market store on the Xbox One only shows the $19.99 price.
I bought mine through the Xbox One dashboard and it showed $4.99. never thought it'd be a YMMV.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #124 of 147 Old 09-07-2014, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

alright, loaded up my 360 save on the One... I was curious how a 360 world would look on the One because the 360 world is smaller (whether it would just be a 360-sized world or how they would expand it to One size).

It's hard to tell without going back to the 360 version to compare sizes. Another factor is I stopped playing Minecraft on the 360, due to time constraints, before there was the height adjustment (when the 360 version went from 128 blocks high to 256 blocks high back in September 2013). Is the PC max still at 256 blocks high? I know the PC world is as wide/long as possible for your memory/storage but I thought there was still a height limit.

But one thing is very obvious between the 360 and the One edition: draw distance. On one of my creative maps, I built the TOS Enterprise 1701-A (from Star Trek II). On the 360, it was impossible to see the entire Enterprise without the fog getting in the way. On the One, I can see the whole Enterprise!
post #125 of 147 Old 09-08-2014, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
alright, loaded up my 360 save on the One... I was curious how a 360 world would look on the One because the 360 world is smaller (whether it would just be a 360-sized world or how they would expand it to One size).

It's hard to tell without going back to the 360 version to compare sizes. Another factor is I stopped playing Minecraft on the 360, due to time constraints, before there was the height adjustment (when the 360 version went from 128 blocks high to 256 blocks high back in September 2013). Is the PC max still at 256 blocks high? I know the PC world is as wide/long as possible for your memory/storage but I thought there was still a height limit.

But one thing is very obvious between the 360 and the One edition: draw distance. On one of my creative maps, I built the TOS Enterprise 1701-A (from Star Trek II). On the 360, it was impossible to see the entire Enterprise without the fog getting in the way. On the One, I can see the whole Enterprise!

Awesome...As a HUGE Trekkie, I have to ask...is this a shared world? (seeded...)? I have never played MP in Minecraft, so I have no idea how to get in and see it, but I would love to check that out.

KHAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #126 of 147 Old 09-08-2014, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
So far the Xbox one version loads much faster especially in a large multi-player room, on the 360 it took minutes to load one section of the map if there were 4 or more players in the game.
post #127 of 147 Old 09-08-2014, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post
Awesome...As a HUGE Trekkie, I have to ask...is this a shared world? (seeded...)? I have never played MP in Minecraft, so I have no idea how to get in and see it, but I would love to check that out.

KHAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!

Haha. I'll let you into my world so you can check it out. I think you're on my avs list. MP is pretty simple. If I leave my world open, you can just choose to hop in. I'm not sure my world is left open anymore because I remember grievers used to come in to wreak havoc. I remember one time, I was underground mining, I saw some text say someone was entering my world. And then left. But when I surfaced, some of my buildings were destroyed. It was back before they implemented the ability to restrict entry (friends, friends of friends, etc.).

It's incomplete because when I first started building it, the 360 had a 128 block height when I didn't realize until I hit it. I also originally built it from bottom up. So once I hit the height limit, I decided to build it from top down. But then I ran into the ground and had to clear all around it which took quite awhile. I know I could've built on flat terrain for max room but I think the world looks too plan when it's totally flat.

Then the 360 version was upgraded to a 256 block height limit but I didn't have the time to tear down again.

So right now, the Enterprise is hovering right over the ground and incomplete. I might end up building it again as I think I still have my schematics (somewhere on my HDD). With a 256 limit (or whatever the One/PC is now), I can have the Enterprise higher up in the sky.
post #128 of 147 Old 09-08-2014, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I wouldn't play in MP on Minecraft. I heard the grieving was rampant. I remember seeing a replica on PC of the Enterprise D, but that was a community effort. A bunch of people popping in all hours of the day and night and building to spec. I would even help build it, if you gave me a materials list and some direction...(I have no clue how to follow a schematic.)

post #129 of 147 Old 09-08-2014, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I don't know how you can do a true replica since these are blocks. If you make the interior rooms roomy enough, the outside of the ship is too big because walls and windows aren't made of footlong blocks.

I thought of doing interior rooms completely separate from the exterior. that way, I get to roam the interior and not worry about them making the exterior look ugly. also, since we can't have custom textures on the consoles, we can't have star trek textures
post #130 of 147 Old 09-09-2014, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

The HALO, and Mass Effect worlds have different/metallic textures.

post #131 of 147 Old 09-09-2014, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I did buy both Halo and Mass Effect mash-ups. Hmm... Can I use both of those textures in one world? Hmm... Would make my creative world better to use Sci-Fi textures...
post #132 of 147 Old 09-10-2014, 01:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
I did buy both Halo and Mass Effect mash-ups. Hmm... Can I use both of those textures in one world? Hmm... Would make my creative world better to use Sci-Fi textures...
That, I could not tell you...

post #133 of 147 Old 09-10-2014, 07:41 AM

Liked: 18
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that, according to "a person with knowledge of the matter", Microsoft is in "serious discussions" to buy Mojang, the studio that made smash hit Minecraft.

The deal is reported to be worth a whopping $2 billion, and "could be signed as early as this week".

We've contacted both Microsoft and Mojang for comment, and will update if we hear back.
http://kotaku.com/report-microsoft-t...min-1632692098

Original article is here but you have to be a subscriber to view.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/micro...aft-1410300213
post #134 of 147 Old 09-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Might buy mindcraft. Never played it in my life. Trying to watch videos to see if it interests me. Seems like legos (ie. build stuff, kill animals). No real point though from what i see. doesn't it get boring?

Sony KDL65W850A 65" LED HDTV 
Denon AVR-2113CI
Polk Monitor 65T (Fronts)
Polk Monitor 50's (Rears)
Polk CS2 (Center)
Acoustech PL-200
post #135 of 147 Old 09-13-2014, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

it's been bumped up to $2.5 billion... the article had an eye-popping angle that I didn't realize...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0H72EV20140912

"Enter Minecraft, which is the top paid app both on Apple Inc's (AAPL.O) iOS and Google Inc's (GOOGL.O) Android systems. Microsoft will unveil a $2.5 billion deal to buy its owner on Monday, according to a source briefed on the matter.

It seems like Microsoft is looking at Mojang and Minecraft as a way to tap into this enormous cultural phenomenon," said Dave Bisceglia, Chief Executive of independent game studio Tap Lab. "If you look at iOS, Minecraft has been a top-grossing game for quite some time, if Microsoft could on Windows phones give players a unique and compelling experience that you can't get on the other platforms, that could be a driver to sell devices to existing Minecraft fans."

"Microsoft is expected to pay close to $2.5 billion for Mojang, or about 8 times sales last year. That is small change for Microsoft, which has $86 billion in cash and short-term investments. But it is relatively large and expensive for game company acquisitions, which do not have a stellar record of success.

Japan's SoftBank Corp (9984.T) paid $1.53 billion for a 50 percent stake in Finnish game maker Supercell last year at about 3.5 times projected annual sales. Electronic Arts' (EA.O) $750 million acquisition of PopCap in 2011 was valued around 10 to 11 times sales."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsimm2 View Post
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that, according to "a person with knowledge of the matter", Microsoft is in "serious discussions" to buy Mojang, the studio that made smash hit Minecraft.

The deal is reported to be worth a whopping $2 billion, and "could be signed as early as this week".

We've contacted both Microsoft and Mojang for comment, and will update if we hear back.
http://kotaku.com/report-microsoft-t...min-1632692098

Original article is here but you have to be a subscriber to view.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/micro...aft-1410300213
post #136 of 147 Old 09-13-2014, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Picked up the Skyrim and Halo packs today. I figure between the kids and I we will get the monies worth for them. I started a world on Skyrim and it looks pretty good already. I must admit it is funny having the kids tell me what to do for a change on a game and having to give them the controller to do things!
tampabuc likes this.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #137 of 147 Old 09-14-2014, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

argh. there should be a "save as" function. so that you can fork a world design. I loaded my Star Trek world with Mass Effect textures so that I can have the sci-fi look. But it picked all weird textures. So I wanted a save with Mass Effect (going to tear down the ship once again and build with ME textures) and a save with normal world textures.

luckily, I had my 360 and its saves so I could do a "save as" by renaming the One save and then reimporting the 360 save.
post #138 of 147 Old 09-15-2014, 04:22 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
How do you save on the xbox one please ? my lad can't find any of the worlds he's created
post #139 of 147 Old 09-15-2014, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signs View Post
How do you save on the xbox one please ? my lad can't find any of the worlds he's created
Once you name your world by default it is set for auto save so that when you exit it will save automatically. After you exit the game all you should have to do it play a game and scroll down past start a new game and your named world should be at the bottom. I hope that made sense.
Signs likes this.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #140 of 147 Old 09-15-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 416
http://news.xbox.com/2014/09/games-m...join-microsoft

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #141 of 147 Old 09-15-2014, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signs View Post

You have to export only 1 game save at a time. So it is a pain if you have a lot of worlds because you have to go back and forth between the 360 and the One.

Oh read your message wrong... Yeah, they put the saves underneath the mash-up worlds which is annoying. so you do have to scroll down.
post #142 of 147 Old 09-17-2014, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I think there are two types of gamer.

Those that get Minecraft and those that don't. Unfortunately, I'm in the don't pile

I want to like it but I have absolutely no idea where to start and the Xbox One seems like such a good place to start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- ePINIONATED
post #143 of 147 Old Yesterday, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Didn't get it at first either

Quote:
Originally Posted by ePINIONATED View Post
I think there are two types of gamer.

Those that get Minecraft and those that don't. Unfortunately, I'm in the don't pile

I want to like it but I have absolutely no idea where to start and the Xbox One seems like such a good place to start.

You know I didn't really get it either until I just recently sat down with it. I'd bought it for my son on the 360 last year so when I logged into my Xbox One it showed up for $4.99 and I said what the hell. Literally hours later my wife was downstairs reminding me that I hadn't eaten lunch.

If you're the type that likes to be led through a structured storyline and have a predetermined goal with set parameters, then you probably won't like Minecraft. It'll seem pointless to you. Once I started building my McMansion and looking at what others have built I deifnitely saw the appeal.

Minecraft won't replace traditional games for me (Master Chief Collection can't get here fast enough) but it's quite refreshing to sit back and just be creative every now and then.
tampabuc, Arutha_conDoin and mguy5 like this.
post #144 of 147 Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shairob View Post
You know I didn't really get it either until I just recently sat down with it. I'd bought it for my son on the 360 last year so when I logged into my Xbox One it showed up for $4.99 and I said what the hell. Literally hours later my wife was downstairs reminding me that I hadn't eaten lunch.

If you're the type that likes to be led through a structured storyline and have a predetermined goal with set parameters, then you probably won't like Minecraft. It'll seem pointless to you. Once I started building my McMansion and looking at what others have built I deifnitely saw the appeal.

Minecraft won't replace traditional games for me (Master Chief Collection can't get here fast enough) but it's quite refreshing to sit back and just be creative every now and then.
I totally agree with you on this. I never got into this on my 360, but my kids sure did. When I heard that it was coming out for the One and you could get it for 4.99 it was a must buy for us since I knew the kids would love it. After I got it I sat done with it to see what the fuss was about. A few hours later I realized how drawn in I got I was working on my house and then just start mining to see what I could find down below the world. Now I have my kids telling me what to do when I play games instead of the other way around. My wife thinks it is rather funny.
tampabuc likes this.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #145 of 147 Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
Now I have my kids telling me what to do when I play games instead of the other way around. My wife thinks it is rather funny.
Same here and loving it!
post #146 of 147 Old Today, 09:46 AM

Liked: 10
Never tried it but am feeling compelled to give it a go. Is there a point to the game or is it just about building your own world?
post #147 of 147 Old Today, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman75 View Post
Never tried it but am feeling compelled to give it a go. Is there a point to the game or is it just about building your own world?
It's about exploration and building your own world. You can get pretty damn creative. People can build anything from automated farms to Stargates

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page