How do i transfer all my stuff without the transfer kit to my new Slim? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 18 Old 11-26-2011, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
just got a new 250gb slim, i have the 60gb white 360, how i transfer all my games saves and profile to the new console guys? can i do it with a thumb drive or it has the be the microsoft branded memory card?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 11-26-2011, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
USB thumb drive works fine.

Argee
post #3 of 18 Old 11-26-2011, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

USB thumb drive works fine.

Or you can wait til December 6th when the new Dashboard comes out. Then you can move all of your game saves from the white one into the "cloud". Once that is done when you fire up the new xbox you can download your gamertag to the new xbox. You will then be able to use your saves from the cloud.

XBOX Live Gamertag: budracin88
post #4 of 18 Old 11-26-2011, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 493
lamon, you don't believe in using the search function, do you?
post #5 of 18 Old 11-26-2011, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budracin8 View Post

Or you can wait til December 6th when the new Dashboard comes out. Then you can move all of your game saves from the white one into the "cloud". Once that is done when you fire up the new xbox you can download your gamertag to the new xbox. You will then be able to use your saves from the cloud.

Only if you are Gold Live subscriber to have access to Cloud Storage. Still unknown how Cloud Storage handles copy protected and semi-copy protected save files that hides part of the save file.
post #6 of 18 Old 11-26-2011, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post

just got a new 250gb slim, i have the 60gb white 360, how i transfer all my games saves and profile to the new console guys? can i do it with a thumb drive or it has the be the microsoft branded memory card?

Using USB flash stick cannot transfer certain semi-copy protected save files that hide part of the save on the hidden partition on the hard drive. A few saves that I know that cannot be transferred directly: Ghostbusters, COD MW2, Halo Reach. There are other games but I don't remember.

The hard drive transfer cable simply copy every file over even files you can't see.
post #7 of 18 Old 11-26-2011, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

how can these protected files be copied over without the transfer kit?

and how do i move my gamertag?
post #8 of 18 Old 11-26-2011, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 308
The cloud is only about 500mb of space and only game saves. Any marketplace content is not allowed. You can transfer anything you want to a USB stick, as well as your gamertag. You can also just recover your gamertag when the new hard drive gets put in.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #9 of 18 Old 11-26-2011, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Just lost a bunch of saved game data when the USB I used to transfer the data to crapped out . Very sad right now lists of work gone for good. Luckily I can recover my gamer tag, but I am still bummed about my saved games being gone. Just a note to be careful .
post #10 of 18 Old 11-27-2011, 04:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

Using USB flash stick cannot transfer certain semi-copy protected save files that hide part of the save on the hidden partition on the hard drive. A few saves that I know that cannot be transferred directly: Ghostbusters, COD MW2, Halo Reach. There are other games but I don't remember.

The hard drive transfer cable simply copy every file over even files you can't see.

You actually can move Halo Reach saves with thumb drives with no issues. I've done it many times and no I'm not a hacker or using special software. I had the same issue as the op so I just used a thumb drive to transfer all my saves.
post #11 of 18 Old 11-27-2011, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post

You actually can move Halo Reach saves with thumb drives with no issues. I've done it many times and no I'm not a hacker or using special software. I had the same issue as the op so I just used a thumb drive to transfer all my saves.

Okay guys so this is what im going to do basically,

i am going to copy all the save games that i can to my thumbdrive Excluding DLC content right?

i am going to have both consoles on at the same time (my old and new one)

i am going to sign out of my gamertag on the old console and RECOVER my gamertag on the new console, is this correct so far?

then i am going to transfer licenses using the license transfer tool on xbox.com

and lastly im going to copy over the save games from the thumb drive to the new console and then just redownload all my dlc and stuff from the Download History on xbox live.

is this the right way?
post #12 of 18 Old 11-27-2011, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

lamon, you don't believe in using the search function, do you?

What a helpful post.....or not
post #13 of 18 Old 11-27-2011, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:

Okay guys so this is what im going to do basically,

i am going to copy all the save games that i can to my thumbdrive Excluding DLC content right?

i am going to have both consoles on at the same time (my old and new one)

i am going to sign out of my gamertag on the old console and RECOVER my gamertag on the new console, is this correct so far?

then i am going to transfer licenses using the license transfer tool on xbox.com

and lastly im going to copy over the save games from the thumb drive to the new console and then just redownload all my dlc and stuff from the Download History on xbox live.

is this the right way?

Just put your gamer tag on the thumb drive. Saves time vs waiting for it to download. The rest of what you said is exactly what you need to do.

The 5.0 is here
post #14 of 18 Old 11-27-2011, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

okay guys the console will arrive next week so i thought i will go ahead now and prepare by transferring the save games to my thumb drive, now the xbox 360 sees the thumb drive but it says that its not formatted, so i format using the xbox 360 and it gives me the warning that everything on that thumb drive will be removed and i agree and after that it still says that its not formatted. what gives?
post #15 of 18 Old 11-27-2011, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:

okay guys the console will arrive next week so i thought i will go ahead now and prepare by transferring the save games to my thumb drive, now the xbox 360 sees the thumb drive but it says that its not formatted, so i format using the xbox 360 and it gives me the warning that everything on that thumb drive will be removed and i agree and after that it still says that its not formatted. what gives?

Might be the thumb drive itself. The Xbox is finicky about them so be careful. I thought I had a good one and in preparation of getting the new console and lost everything when I rebooted and the thumb drive failed on me. Got a new one by PNY and that one seems to be working much better, unfortunately I'm SOL for the game saves I had transferred over already.
post #16 of 18 Old 11-27-2011, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmguy View Post

What a helpful post.....or not

you don't know lamon's history. there could be 5 threads on a subject but he has to just create his own. i was just teasing him about it because he knows it himself, but you had to go and blow this out of proportion.
post #17 of 18 Old 11-27-2011, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:

you don't know lamon's history. there could be 5 threads on a subject but he has to just create his own. i was just teasing him about it because he knows it himself, but you had to go and blow this out of proportion.

Maybe a PM to lamon would have been more appropriate...

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #18 of 18 Old 11-27-2011, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

lol i dont rememeber u know but its good to know some people still remember my historical posts haha
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page