Kindoms of Amular: Reckoning - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 349 Old 02-28-2012, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 360
I haven't got as much time into this game that I would like, but I'm really enjoying what I've played so far.

I'm about 15 hours in, and I've tried some stealth/finesse, and then sorcery, both of which I thought was my style. But when I started messing with greatswords/might, it really started clicking with me. Some bow/arrow range attack, followed by up-close and personal sword combat with the Quake spell - good times! I'm think I'm going to respec and focus on these.

I just need to find more time to play!

Sub-1080p/60fps is not next-gen.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming? Click here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 349 Old 02-28-2012, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Despite the hefty armor I keep getting handed for might and finesse builds, I'm sticking with sorcerer. I did find one mage robe that takes an Epic gem but I'm holding out for one with more specs like the one I'm wearing before I switch. What worries me is that armor may be the deciding factor later on and I won't have enough. One recent 'boss' battle showed me how tricky this game can be where the target suddenly got help just as I was about to win and it took a few tries before I got through it. There ARE times I wonder what the other builds have that matches Meteor's ability to (mostly, sometimes) clear a room...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #273 of 349 Old 02-28-2012, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post

Despite the hefty armor I keep getting handed for might and finesse builds, I'm sticking with sorcerer. I did find one mage robe that takes an Epic gem but I'm holding out for one with more specs like the one I'm wearing before I switch. What worries me is that armor may be the deciding factor later on and I won't have enough. One recent 'boss' battle showed me how tricky this game can be where the target suddenly got help just as I was about to win and it took a few tries before I got through it. There ARE times I wonder what the other builds have that matches Meteor's ability to (mostly, sometimes) clear a room...

Keep with it, just break down that other stuff for components in blacksmithing

Meteor rocks.

Chris Schempp
How to post links to Amazon.com Products.
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #274 of 349 Old 02-28-2012, 01:31 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Finished the main quest, mostly to unlock the new areas. Disappointing final boss fight, wayyyy to easy, but cool graphic on the boss itself. Great that you can do new game plus.

Finished last night with my level 40 Fighter. I was at the 89 hour mark on the stats. It does leave you in the world but I couldn't find a way to start a 'new game plus'. I was just left in the world after the battle. When I went to the main menu to start a new game there was no option to restart with my old character, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. Leaving you in the 'finshed' game world to wander around is NOT the definition of game+.
post #275 of 349 Old 02-28-2012, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post

Leaving you in the 'finshed' game world to wander around is NOT the definition of game+.

Perhaps the eventual DLC will need a Level 40 character that can get stronger under a new level cap?...

post #276 of 349 Old 02-28-2012, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:

Finished last night with my level 40 Fighter. I was at the 89 hour mark on the stats. It does leave you in the world but I couldn't find a way to start a 'new game plus'. I was just left in the world after the battle. When I went to the main menu to start a new game there was no option to restart with my old character, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. Leaving you in the 'finshed' game world to wander around is NOT the definition of game+.

There should be one new dungeon that opens up for you, (after you finish the game), and there is DLC coming in March near the ME3 release date. If you did all the quests as you went along, then you might not have much left to do besides grind for gear. If you have a lot of areas with open quests, it gives you a chance to go experience the story some more.

Dustin
post #277 of 349 Old 02-28-2012, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

There should be one new dungeon that opens up for you, (after you finish the game), and there is DLC coming in March near the ME3 release date. If you did all the quests as you went along, then you might not have much left to do besides grind for gear. If you have a lot of areas with open quests, it gives you a chance to go experience the story some more.

Dustin

That new dungeon was meh. I had, unfortunately, completed every quest along the way. Just had to find a couple lorestones that I missed in one of the first dungeons before I had detect hidden...then farm for equipment.

Chris Schempp
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #278 of 349 Old 02-28-2012, 07:08 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Did you also finish all of the Faction quest lines? Thats crazy if so, I also finished the main quest line around lvl 35 or so, also did plenty of side quests, i have like 30 quests in my side quest list uncompleted and there are a TON i passed up. I did all but the mages faction quest also. I find it hard to believe you finished every quest with 89 hours of play time.
post #279 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:

All my side quests were there, I could also go and get new quests, etc. Its not new game plus that you get to start over from the beginning but you can continue playing no problem and even get new quests, finish side quests, etc.

post #280 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

New DLC on March 20th, only 800 MSP! Can't wait!

Announcing 'The Legend of Dead Kel'
We're thrilled to announce Reckoning's first full DLC, The Legend of Dead Kel! The massive Legend of Dead Kel DLC will be released on March 20th, and boasts the following:

An Epic New Questline The Legend of Dead Kel is only part of the story of Gallows End. It intertwines with numerous side quests, multiple dungeons to explore and a colorful cast of characters.

New Enemies, Dungeons, Items Multiple new enemies and enemy variants, a new dungeon type: Dverga Fastings, three new Twists of Fate, eight new armor sets, eight new shields and 18 new unique weapons.

The Ultimate Player Housing Gravehal Keep is more than just player housing, it's a massive estate with multiple buildings and a full retinue of retainers, each with their own back stories, side quests, perks and quirks.

Tons more to Explore The Legend of Dead Kel DLC adds in more than 15% of additional land to traverse and explore in the already massively expansive world that is Amalur.

http://reckoning.amalur.com/r/dlc/dead-kel

Dustin
post #281 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

I wrapped up everything except 2 of the tasks in a total play time of about 68 hours.

DLC is exciting.

Chris Schempp
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #282 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

All my side quests were there, I could also go and get new quests, etc. Its not new game plus that you get to start over from the beginning but you can continue playing no problem and even get new quests, finish side quests, etc.

I knew that you can continue on with other quests and exploring. I have a lot to clean up. Along with a couple of factions I didn't even do. (thief for one) You had me confused since you used the term 'game plus' which means you restart the game from scratch, resetting the quests but use your built up character and all it's goodies. (ie. Borderlands, Dead Space)

I've restarted a NEW game on HARD and now will play a female Mage who uses Chakrams, Sceptres and Staves. I plan on doing ALL the factions this time.
post #283 of 349 Old 02-29-2012, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post

I wrapped up everything except 2 of the tasks in a total play time of about 68 hours.

DLC is exciting.

Did you go through all the buildings in the villages? I've found a pretty large number of side quests & tasks in houses I normally wouldn't have gone into if I hadn't seen my daughter do it.
post #284 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisg View Post

Did you go through all the buildings in the villages? I've found a pretty large number of side quests & tasks in houses I normally wouldn't have gone into if I hadn't seen my daughter do it.

I think I've walked in to every building and cave.

I'll have to run through and check, but that's what I was doing after finding quests by trying to complete other quests.

For sure I've got everything past Ysa as that's where I started making sure I was doing it.

Chris Schempp
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #285 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow, there's already a review for the DLC!

Sounds impressive.

post #286 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Wow, there's already a review for the DLC!

Sounds impressive.

Yeah it does! I am looking forward to owning my own keep! The only question is, if it is mine, and I murder someone on the site, do I still go to jail? And if I do, wouldn't I have a key?
post #287 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

So I made it to Level 40, and I have 185,000 XP to go to get to 41. There are a bunch of Skills I can still fill up, and nothing about the Abilities pages says I'm unable to add more points. Still not past the guy blocking the way down South.

What, again, is the factor that limits me to Level 40?...

post #288 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So I made it to Level 40, and I have 185,000 XP to go to get to 41. There are a bunch of Skills I can still fill up, and nothing about the Abilities pages says I'm unable to add more points. Still not past the guy blocking the way down South.

The cap, which will let you fill the XP bar but not go on , (least that is what I have heard...have only hit 32 myself so far). I keep picking too many damn flowers!
post #289 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 10:32 AM

The green bar will not show up anymore once you hit level 40. No more experience points are given at that point.
post #290 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The cap, which will let you fill the XP bar but not go on , (least that is what I have heard...have only hit 32 myself so far). I keep picking too many damn flowers!

Yea, darn it, I'm now just going for glory rather than level. That's what I get for stopping when I reach a good place to save.

So this is a hard cap, rather than the soft one I'd read about earlier where you just run out of places to put earned skill points. I guess that's where not visiting enough trainers has me at a disadvantage, but spending a few of my 4 million gold pieces at Fateweavers might fix that. DLC, you know...

post #291 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The game

But after the 4 initial skill points, 2 0-3 trainers per skill(18), 1 4-6 trainer per skill(9), 1 7-9 trainer per skill(9), 1 book per skill(9), and 40 levels you'll end up with 89 points total...or 1 shy of perfect.

Sucks if you haven't been hitting up the trainers because you'll blow a lot of money respecing to ensure you get to the target levels for each.

Edit: 4 million...you'll be fine

And any extra XP you got when you hit 40 does go in to the bar. I'm at something like 32/185,000

Chris Schempp
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #292 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
The DLC looks very promising and I look forward to checking it out. It will be nice to explore some new dungeon layouts as the current ones are getting a little repetitive now. Also excited to see what the new unique weapons/armor look like. I just hope the content scales to whatever level you are at.

I'm glad it's not coming out too soon as I still have a lot to finish in the retail game. I'm 50 hours in and just hit level 30, but I have not made it to Mel Senshir yet. I'm on the final quest for the Warsworn faction and then I'm planning to resume the main quest. I figure I have probably another 20-30 hours of gameplay left. I may leave the Scholia Arcana and Travelers faction quests for my next playthrough.

I was really looking forward to Mass Effect 3 next week, but with so much content still left in Amalur, I'm wondering if I should hold off on getting the game. I think it will be nearly impossible for me to split time between two rich RPGs.

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

post #293 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post

The game

But after the 4 initial skill points, 2 0-3 trainers per skill(18), 1 4-6 trainer per skill(9), 1 7-9 trainer per skill(9), 1 book per skill(9), and 40 levels you'll end up with 89 points total...or 1 shy of perfect.

Sucks if you haven't been hitting up the trainers because you'll blow a lot of money respecing to ensure you get to the target levels for each.

Edit: 4 million...you'll be fine

And any extra XP you got when you hit 40 does go in to the bar. I'm at something like 32/185,000

I guess I'm annoyed that, post-finale, there's really nothing worthwhile to do until they hand over DLC. If they just let us keep getting XP, I could fill out all the Skills the 'natural' way and end up at Level 50. Maybe that'd break the DLC if I was that far ahead, but still, it'd be my choice.

I've used a Fateweaver like 8 times, and sometimes I used trainers at the same time but it wasn't IMPORTANT to fill things like Alchemy past a specific level. Even Lockpicking isn't important if you learn how fast the slider goes when you aren't at the right spot. And plenty of times Very Hard locks just slid across.

I'm in Alabastra now and eventually will finish, but since I don't want to be anything but an Archsage the interesting things (and accomplishable by me) seem to be over once I find all the Lorestones. More fetch quests, sure, but where's the interesting part of that?...

post #294 of 349 Old 03-01-2012, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I guess I'm annoyed that, post-finale, there's really nothing worthwhile to do until they hand over DLC. If they just let us keep getting XP, I could fill out all the Skills the 'natural' way and end up at Level 50. Maybe that'd break the DLC if I was that far ahead, but still, it'd be my choice.

I've used a Fateweaver like 8 times, and sometimes I used trainers at the same time but it wasn't IMPORTANT to fill things like Alchemy past a specific level. Even Lockpicking isn't important if you learn how fast the slider goes when you aren't at the right spot. And plenty of times Very Hard locks just slid across.

I'm in Alabastra now and eventually will finish, but since I don't want to be anything but an Archsage the interesting things (and accomplishable by me) seem to be over once I find all the Lorestones. More fetch quests, sure, but where's the interesting part of that?...

And that's exactly why I played so that everything was done when I finished, other than a couple lorestones and a few achievements like parry/parry to special.

Chris Schempp
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #295 of 349 Old 03-03-2012, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Couldn't sleep, so I finished the main quest. I've got games I can't finish because the final boss was supposed to be a REAL challenge. I liked this one.

I've tried to figure out what ingredient I didn't pick 10 of, and after a BUNCH of prismere that wasn't the Final Item, I figure I'll just have to use a list and get 10 of each until the Achievement drops or I give up. I have until Mass Effect 3 arrives to get what I can, so if I'm really lucky I can get all but the last Secret Achievement...

post #296 of 349 Old 03-03-2012, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Couldn't sleep, so I finished the main quest. I've got games I can't finish because the final boss was supposed to be a REAL challenge. I liked this one.

I've tried to figure out what ingredient I didn't pick 10 of, and after a BUNCH of prismere that wasn't the Final Item, I figure I'll just have to use a list and get 10 of each until the Achievement drops or I give up. I have until Mass Effect 3 arrives to get what I can, so if I'm really lucky I can get all but the last Secret Achievement...

You know, I am in the same boat. I am not near the end of the game, but I have harvested 10 of everything...EXCEPT essence of fate...there is an actual bush for it too...where it naturally spawns...I have only seen a few though. Think that is what is holding my achievement back.

Dustin
post #297 of 349 Old 03-03-2012, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You know, I am in the same boat. I am not near the end of the game, but I have harvested 10 of everything...EXCEPT essence of fate...there is an actual bush for it too...where it naturally spawns...I have only seen a few though. Think that is what is holding my achievement back.

Well, I Googled for help and other folks SWEAR that Fate isn't on the required list. Meanwhile I have far far more than 10 of each ingredient so I'll try to go where the help says to go and I'll see what happens.

Although, I put Dungeon Siege III back in for the first time since last June and it's almost not boring so I might stick with that until ME3 arrives...

post #298 of 349 Old 03-03-2012, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Is there any in-game benefits for playing on hard difficulty (more EX, for example), or is it only to balance the challenge and get higher-ranking achievements?

post #299 of 349 Old 03-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Dustin

Quote:

Well, I Googled for help and other folks SWEAR that Fate isn't on the required list. Meanwhile I have far far more than 10 of each ingredient so I'll try to go where the help says to go and I'll see what happens.

Although, I put Dungeon Siege III back in for the first time since last June and it's almost not boring so I might stick with that until ME3 arrives...

Essence of Fate is NOT required for the achievement. What I did was clear out all ingredients I had except 1 of each (so I could keep tract of what I needed). Then I went around harvesting again until I had 11 of each in my inventory and the achievement popped. Took a couple hours.

Thing to remember: for the achievement you have to HARVEST 10 of each ingredient, not just have 10 of each in your inventory. Ingredients you bought or obtained from loot do NOT count towards the achievement.

List of ingredients you need to harvest:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  

Bloodroot
Seaflax
Scarlet Flowstone
Scarwood Bark
Sky Blossom
Tindertwig
Black Cohosh
White Flake
Scarab Salts
Star Thistle
Softscrabble Powder
Sativa Fibers
Cripplespore Caps
Edelweiss
Ysa's Breath
Embereyes
Leechwood Bark
Prismere Dust
post #300 of 349 Old 03-05-2012, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjinglesusa View Post

Essence of Fate is NOT required for the achievement. What I did was clear out all ingredients I had except 1 of each (so I could keep tract of what I needed). Then I went around harvesting again until I had 11 of each in my inventory and the achievement popped. Took a couple hours.

Thing to remember: for the achievement you have to HARVEST 10 of each ingredient, not just have 10 of each in your inventory. Ingredients you bought or obtained from loot do NOT count towards the achievement.

List of ingredients you need to harvest:

Spoiler  

Bloodroot
Seaflax
Scarlet Flowstone
Scarwood Bark
Sky Blossom
Tindertwig
Black Cohosh
White Flake
Scarab Salts
Star Thistle
Softscrabble Powder
Sativa Fibers
Cripplespore Caps
Edelweiss
Ysa's Breath
Embereyes
Leechwood Bark
Prismere Dust

Thanks. I might have to end up doing that if the achievement doesn't pop by the end of the game. Hopefully it is the prismere dust or something like that...I have very few of and may have looted a few.

Dustin
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page